HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Stevenson: No hockey this year

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2004, 06:25 AM
Infensus

vCash: 500
Stevenson: No hockey this year

The last line of the article makes you wonder if some of these players in the NHLPA really do care about the borderline players...

Link

Old
11-04-2004, 08:12 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infensus
The last line of the article makes you wonder if some of these players in the NHLPA really do care about the borderline players...

Link
I don't get that impression at all..The only impression I get is that some of the borderline players are being quite selfish/irresponsible by making PUBLIC comments, and taking for granted what the NHLPA has done for ALL the players in the past and trying to do now

Old
11-04-2004, 08:27 AM
Fletch

He's right, though...

but the NHLPA does care about 'role' players, and is fighting for 'role' players to make a decent salary, but a 'role' player is easily replaced and thus that money would be made by someone else. Would anybody miss Rob Ray? Probably not, as another pugilist/goon can be found who's willing to work for a paltry $500K per year.

Old
11-04-2004, 08:37 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
but the NHLPA does care about 'role' players, and is fighting for 'role' players to make a decent salary, but a 'role' player is easily replaced and thus that money would be made by someone else. Would anybody miss Rob Ray? Probably not, as another pugilist/goon can be found who's willing to work for a paltry $500K per year.
And that's the nature of a salary cap which I don't think too many players (and all the people who just want to see hockey no matter what) understand....Believe me, I think the NHLPA should be pushing the issue and will have to and need to compromise alot more, but no way do I think they are ignoring the 'role' players..it's just that it is always the little guy that gets hurt in these situations....The NHLPA is just trying hard, maybe too hard, to make sure that they (and all players) also aren't hurt in the long run....

Old
11-04-2004, 08:39 AM
Laches

I love this comment:

"If some of these guys left the game tomorrow, no one would miss them, so their opinion is an uneducated one."

---This from Turner flippin' Stevenson? And exactly how many people are missing watching Turner Stevenson play right now? It's comments like this that make it difficult for me to side with the players on any level.

Old
11-04-2004, 08:51 AM
Larry Melnyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laches
I love this comment:

"If some of these guys left the game tomorrow, no one would miss them, so their opinion is an uneducated one."

---This from Turner flippin' Stevenson? And exactly how many people are missing watching Turner Stevenson play right now? It's comments like this that make it difficult for me to side with the players on any level.
Probably a bad choice of words, but he's right..And I would bet that Turner Stevenson knows he's a role player and knows what the NHLPA has done for him...I think he's trying to say that these players mouthing off don't understand that the NHLPA is trying to make the same possible for them in the future by fighting against a salary cap.....Eh, who knows?

Doesn't matter, season's dead and so might be the NHL in the United States..

Closed Thread