HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas Owner Gaglard - Team to Get Younger/No Trade Restriction w/VAN

Old
02-25-2012, 05:21 PM
Sticks and Pucks

vCash: 500
What would it take to get both Ott and Robidas? Raymond + ???

Sticks and Pucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:21 PM
TrillMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
As I said before; We don't need both in reality.

Hartnell - Giroux - Simmonds
Voracek - Schenn - JvR
Read - Briere - Jagr
Talbot - Couts - Rinaldo/Shelley/Wellwood
Who would you rather have? Otter is younger. Any interest in Campbell instead of Morrow? + a pick

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:22 PM
Bobby Lou
Moustache Power

vCash: 894
Morrow won't be moved; it's not even clear exactly when he'll play again.

Bobby Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:23 PM
TrillMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by canuckmaster12345 View Post
What would it take to get both Ott and Robidas? Raymond + ???
Not trying to sound rude, but why does every trade scenario between Dal and Van involve Raymond? I personally have no interest in him.

Old
02-25-2012, 05:24 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillmike View Post
Who would you rather have? Otter is younger. Any interest in Campbell instead of Morrow? + a pick
We don't necessarily need a goalie even if he is a prospect. We have Bryz with a 9 year contract and moving clause. Along with Bob behind him, who's been solid.

I think Ott would help our PK, I'd like to get Ott. But I don't really see anything working mostly because I don't know the Stars system too much.

Props to Nemesis for the signature and avatar.
SnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennrocks View Post
Quality not quantity
Hrm... that would be a problem as the Canucks likely wont pull off their roster to simply replace them with similar players.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
TrillMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
There is some talk that he might be back in mid-March. He has multiple injuries and hasn't been the same player since the Olympics. He also has a full NTC.

Old
02-25-2012, 05:27 PM
LickTheEnvelope
6th Overall Blows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trillmike View Post
Not trying to sound rude, but why does every trade scenario between Dal and Van involve Raymond? I personally have no interest in him.
He is the most expendable forward on the Canucks who is still young and holds down a spot the Canucks could upgrade = 2nd line RW.

The Canucks will not trade the following: Sedins, Kesler, Borrows, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Edler, Malhotra, Lapierre, Luongo...

Booth, Higgins, Hansen, Hodgson, Schneider are guys who I could see moved, but it would be similar to an Ott where the other team would probably have to overpay.

That leaves Raymond, Ballard, Alberts, Rome, Weise, Bitz etc.

LickTheEnvelope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Ott+Glennie+2nd (1st if Dallas makes it past the first round) For JVR.

That's pretty damn fair value for a 22 year old to play alongside Benn and Louie.

I could really see Joe trade this years first as well if we're pushing for the playoffs. We're pretty set on D for the farm now.

But if we're not selling we better be buying a **** ton to help out.

Cin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:39 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cin View Post
Ott+Glennie+2nd (1st if Dallas makes it past the first round) For JVR.

That's pretty damn fair value for a 22 year old to play alongside Benn and Louie.

I could really see Joe trade this years first as well if we're pushing for the playoffs. We're pretty set on D for the farm now.

But if we're not selling we better be buying a **** ton to help out.
Sounds intriguing, though I don't know much about Glennie. Also, I'd probably rather a 1st.

Old
02-25-2012, 05:42 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

Glennie tore up juniors with Schenn.

Adding in a first is a pretty massive step for a team like Dallas. Ott would bring a whole lot to the table for Philly. Glennie can play either the wing or Center.

Old
02-25-2012, 05:51 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Glennie tore up juniors with Schenn.

Adding in a first is a pretty massive step for a team like Dallas. Ott would bring a whole lot to the table for Philly. Glennie can play either the wing or Center.
We don't necessarily need the forwards as I've said. I feel Ott would help out a TON, especially in the PK field.

It's a nice offer, but I'm not sure that's something they would go for. Is Glennie eligible for AHL? Because that's where he would probably go if something like that went down.

Old
02-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Cin
Eurosnob.

He's currently in the AHL.

31 points in 50 games.

Ott also helps out your face offs by quite a bit. He's the ONLY damn guy on the team who seems to be able to win one.

Old
02-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
We don't necessarily need the forwards as I've said. I feel Ott would help out a TON, especially in the PK field.

It's a nice offer, but I'm not sure that's something they would go for. Is Glennie eligible for AHL? Because that's where he would probably go if something like that went down.
He is in the AHL now... he had a bad first month and has been tearing it up since

Bennrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:58 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Yep. I think I'd do Ott + Glennie + 2nd for JvR.

Seems about fair value, Glennie's finally looking like a great prospect for once, Ott helps solidify your bottom 6 and add even more grit (Hartnell-lite), and the 2nd (maybe 1st) always helps, especially with you guys needing young D-men.

JvR is great and all, but he just seems trapped under all the talent in your top 6. Jagr steps in for his spot, Ott (or Talbot) replaces Jagr's spot, and that's still a pretty damn solid lineup, as well as continuing to build for the future.

And by the time Jagr retires, Glennie should be able to step in, and I'd love to see him play with Schenn again. I think that could really help him become a true top 6 forward.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:58 PM
English stars fan

Quote:

Yes, he's playing for Texas in the AHL this season. He's playing at about PPG pace over the last 25, after a garbage start to the season. Slow development path but has top 6 talent and should make it.

English stars fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:59 PM
Troy McClure

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
He is the most expendable forward on the Canucks who is still young and holds down a spot the Canucks could upgrade = 2nd line RW.
Raymond isn't as young as people seem to think. He'll be 27 when next season starts. I can't imagine a 27 year old is what the Stars have in mind when they're talking about getting younger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Lou View Post
Injured players have been traded before. I guess it depends whether a team is willing to take on the risk that his injuries are worse than reported. If a team wants him for a playoff run and thinks he'll be 100% by then, I could see them doing the trade.

Troy McClure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 06:03 PM
TrillMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post

Seems about fair value, Glennie's finally looking like a great prospect for once, Ott helps solidify your bottom 6 and add even more grit (Hartnell-lite), and the 2nd (maybe 1st) always helps, especially with you guys needing young D-men.

JvR is great and all, but he just seems trapped under all the talent in your top 6. Jagr steps in for his spot, Ott (or Talbot) replaces Jagr's spot, and that's still a pretty damn solid lineup, as well as continuing to build for the future.

And by the time Jagr retires, Glennie should be able to step in, and I'd love to see him play with Schenn again. I think that could really help him become a true top 6 forward.
I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought about getting Schenn and Glennie together in the NHL. They were great together in junior.

Old
02-25-2012, 06:04 PM
SnS
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
He's currently in the AHL.

31 points in 50 games.

Ott also helps out your face offs by quite a bit. He's the ONLY damn guy on the team who seems to be able to win one.
I know Ott would extremely help our face-offs, our team is pretty bad at them. Down near the bottom IIRC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennrocks View Post
He is in the AHL now... he had a bad first month and has been tearing it up since
Like I said, it's very tempting.

Quote:

That's the thing, we're running 3 scoring lines basically. Talbot even has 17 [IIRC] goals this season.

What's the upside for Glennie in your opinion, Stars fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by English stars fan View Post
Yes, he's playing for Texas in the AHL this season. He's playing at about PPG pace over the last 25, after a garbage start to the season. Slow development path but has top 6 talent and should make it.

Old
02-25-2012, 06:10 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Glennie's looked like a great playmaker in the AHL this year so far. Made some pretty nice plays, and has looked great for the first time in quite a bit.

I think his ceiling is probably like a 25-60-85 PPG winger. A great playmaker who can chip in some goals too, not very physical (at least I don't think so), and I haven't seen him enough to know how good his skating is.

I think he'd be a lot more likely to hit that ceiling playing with Schenn again too. He played his best junior hockey on his wing.

He'll probably be a 60-70 point winger realistically, though. Nothing spectacular, but definitely a top 6 talent.

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 06:26 PM
TrillMike

Quote:
Glennie's looked like a great playmaker in the AHL this year so far. Made some pretty nice plays, and has looked great for the first time in quite a bit.

I think his ceiling is probably like a 25-60-85 PPG winger. A great playmaker who can chip in some goals too, not very physical (at least I don't think so), and I haven't seen him enough to know how good his skating is.

I think he'd be a lot more likely to hit that ceiling playing with Schenn again too. He played his best junior hockey on his wing.

He'll probably be a 60-70 point winger realistically, though. Nothing spectacular, but definitely a top 6 talent.
That's a pretty good idea on what he is.

Old
02-25-2012, 06:56 PM
TrillMike

Phi fans, would you still be interested if the deal included a 5th?

To Phil:
Ott, Glennie, 2nd

To Dal:
JVR, 5th

Old
02-25-2012, 07:59 PM
Nullus Reverentia

I like that Steve Ott, Scott Glennie and conditional 1st 2012 trade. It's about as much as we'd be willing to give up and I think it's fair value.

Nullus Reverentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 08:01 PM
The Great Dame
DSevs

Morrow, Ribeiro, Ott, Robidas all out there

The Great Dame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 08:05 PM
Bennrocks