HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Plekanec interview...Alot on his heart._French_

Old
02-25-2012, 04:43 PM
Mrb1p

vCash: 500
Plekanec interview...Alot on his heart._French_

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...s-sur-le-coeur

I tought this piece was pretty good. He look's pretty depressed.
I love what he tell's about how he wants to stay here for all his career. To me a player that like's the team and the jersey need's to stay.

(If it was posted somewhere, I am sorry.)

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 04:46 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Love this quote:

Quote:
Si quelqu’un n’a pas de passion, il ne mérite pas d’endosser ce chandail.
"If someone doesn't have any passion, then they don't deserver to wear this jersey."

PyrettaBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Maliki2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...s-sur-le-coeur

I tought this piece was pretty good. He look's pretty depressed.
I love what he tell's about how he wants to stay here for all his career. To me a player that like's the team and the jersey need's to stay.

(If it was posted somewhere, I am sorry.)
And Ak also....but they play like little girls. Maybe if they wanted to stay they would play with a bit more heart. Everyone wants to stay but nobody wants to play.

Maliki2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
uiCk
GrEmelins

i like plecks, hope he also stays with team for his entire career.

Quote:
« Absolument, je suis toujours heureux à Montréal. J’ai signé un contrat de six ans et je veux passer toute ma carrière avec le Canadien. Je n’aurais jamais accepté un pacte de six ans si je n’aimais pas le Canadien et la ville de Montréal. »
Absolutly, i'm very happy in Montreal. I signed a contract of six years and i want to spend all my career with the Canadiens. I would of never accepted a six year deal if i didn't love the Canadiens and the city of Montreal.

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 04:47 PM
couris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliki2 View Post
And Ak also....but they play like little girls. Maybe if they wanted to stay they would play with a bit more heart. Everyone wants to stay but nobody wants to play.
was going to say that

couris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 04:49 PM
Et le But

I can't believe anyone doubts his commitment to the organization. He might not have elite offensive talent or the strength to play physical, but he does whatever is asked of him and has shown nothing but loyalty.

Few of the guys have taken this year as personally as he has.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Mrb1p

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by couris View Post
was going to say that
Plekanec has one of the highest compete level on this team....
And AK playing like a girl ? #LOLWHUT
I can give you that he's invisible sometime's but play's like a girl...

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hockeyfan2k11

This is precisely why I've never been pro-moving Plex. The guy is a solid player who LOVES the Habs. You gotta keep guys like this.

Also, it would be nice if he got some legit wingers.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 04:58 PM
Chris G

You start getting guys like this that want to play for the logo, and slowly you can build yourself a winner...Pleks is a class act, need more guys like him. Need to eliminate the dead weight on this team, and get role players who want to play for the team, not just for the cheque.

Chris G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:07 PM
WhiskeySeven

Fluff pieces = player should never be traded, doubted or criticized?

Not that I'm anti-Pleks, but get a grip people. They're all pawns in a game, if they're deemed movable, they'll be moved.

Pleks is great at a lot of things, and IMO he's a 1st line centre - though not an elite one obviously. He is prone to inconsistent offensive efforts but I don't think his heart can be doubted.

AKost can gtfo for all I care. 7 years of under-performance and inconsistent play. He doesn't have an ounce of hockey IQ or if he does, hasn't demonstrated it. Sucks in the playoffs... Yet if he says "I want to stay" he's a keeper? Go figure.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Undertakerqc

Time for the poor guy to move elsewhere. He is suppose to be our best offensive guy, but he failed us again this year... and he is -18...

Undertakerqc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:18 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

i like Plekanec but the centre position in Montreal needs to be completely overhauled.
If it means he needs to move on then so be it. He's a good 2nd or 3rd line centre but completely overmatched as a #1.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:19 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Fluff pieces = player should never be traded, doubted or criticized?

Not that I'm anti-Pleks, but get a grip people. They're all pawns in a game, if they're deemed movable, they'll be moved.

Pleks is great at a lot of things, and IMO he's a 1st line centre - though not an elite one obviously. He is prone to inconsistent offensive efforts but I don't think his heart can be doubted.

AKost can gtfo for all I care. 7 years of under-performance and inconsistent play. He doesn't have an ounce of hockey IQ or if he does, hasn't demonstrated it. Sucks in the playoffs... Yet if he says "I want to stay" he's a keeper? Go figure.
Every player is replaceable, and Plekanec is no generational talent. It's part of the game to make sacrifices, and if we are a better team for moving Pleks, so be it.

But it would take a dramatic offer to move him, he's more valuable to us than a pick would be IMO. I can't think of any example where moving Plekanec alone will make us a better team, since the only way we'd get a better player for him is if they have an atrocious contract or are malcontent. And if we learned anything from the Gomez saga, it's that "good player on a bad contract" turns into "bad player on a bad contract" very quickly. If Plekanec is moved it would be part of a blockbuster trade.

Kostitsyn isn't the same thing at all. I like AK, he's a valuable depth player who isn't scared off by Montreal and who will sometimes be good for cheap. He's nowhere near as important as Plekanec is. Pleks is a core player, Kostitsyn is a role player.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:20 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
i like Plekanec but the centre position in Montreal needs to be completely overhauled.
If it means he needs to move on then so be it. He's a good 2nd or 3rd line centre but completely overmatched as a #1.
He's nto completely overmatched as 1st line centre, but he's not the kind of player that will carry a line. He plays with Bourque and Darche ffs.

Give him Rick Nash and he'll be PPG or near it.

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:21 PM
bjac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
What are you talking about? Overhauled? We need to ADD a centre, not start from scratch. And yes, hes a great 2nd line centre, and amazing 3rd liner. So keep him and play him accordingly...

bjac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:21 PM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post

Also, it would be nice if he got some legit wingers.
Like I already said, this team was never bad when the coaching staff actually seemed to aknowledge that Plek was our best center and treated him as such.

I can't believe there are people doubting Plekanec's heart after all these years.
I mean, I love AK but I can understand where the doubters come from. I really don't agree with it but I can see where it comes from but Plekanec? Really?

He's the new Koivu and, like Koivu, we'll regret it if we let him go.

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 05:27 PM
coolasprICE

so basically, he says that:

I suck this year
It sucks that we suck
I love montreal

as a result = hf approval

Deep stuff

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:45 PM
Pleky Roks

Quote:

They both play the style of game that suits their skillset and its the way the coaches have wanted them to play.

Its your opinion that they don't "play".

I have no problem with the way both guys contribute to the Habs. AK would do more if he'd get more icetime...and Pleks has been our best forward for the last 5 years in my eyes...he's allowed to have an off season....even though he's really not. He's contributing in other ways.

Pleky Roks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:48 PM
SeriousHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
Love this quote:

"If someone doesn't have any passion, then they don't deserver to wear this jersey."
Solid sentence given by the Habs PR firm. I wonder if it sounded genuine when it came out of Plekanec's mouth? Did he reherse?

SeriousHabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 08:13 PM
Poulet Kostopoulos

We want player who's proud to wear the jersey blablabla... but let's get rid of him because he can't *always* meet fans' unrealistic expectation. Get rid of him so we can miraculously receive a much better player.

Poulet Kostopoulos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 08:28 PM
groovejuice

Quote:
Just like everybody wants to be a critic, but many think out of their reticulum.

groovejuice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 08:30 PM
WhiskeySeven

Quote:
Love this quote:

To be fair, he also said that if someone doesn't have passion they shouldn't wear ANY NHL jersey.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 08:36 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

These words coming from Plekanec's mouth don't surprise me one bit. He's always looked like a honorable, classy and honest dude in his many interviews. This guy bleeds passion, though his play on the ice lately is just a smoke screen to that.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 09:47 PM
larek

Quote:
Love this quote:

he could use more ! some games he looks like he is going through the motions!
saying what some want to hear doesnt mean alot

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Roulin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofqc View Post
Time for the poor guy to move elsewhere. He is suppose to be our best offensive guy, but he failed us again this year... and he is -18...
His PDO (on ice save % + shooting %) is .971. The norm is 1, last season he was 1.008. It's an aberration that corrects over time. I wouldn't worry about his +/-. His shot differential is fine, in the context of how many dzone faceoffs he takes, and his quality of competition.

I'd take an upgrade on Plekanec. I don't see a team agreeing to trade Getzlaf, Staal or Spezza for Plekanec. I also don't see any reason for their teams to do the deal for a package, unless it's so balanced in their favor that the Habs become a weaker team in the process.

If Grigorenko is the BPA at our pick according to the Habs' scouting department, go for it. If not, go for the actual BPA. Either way, we still need Plekanec until the pick develops (if ever) into a replacement or upgrade at the NHL level. In other words, for several years.

The idea is to upgrade at center to improve the team. Not for an upgrade at center's sake. Or to "finally get that big center." The way to go about putting together a top team is to make a long series of smart bets, to pick up undervalued players and to draft well. If we at some point have a genuine surplus of value at other positions, and believe we are lacking at center, we will be in a good position to make a trade.

At this point, Plekanec does the job. He is good value for his cap hit. His term is team-friendly. At his age a rapid decline would be surprising. There is still plenty of room for improvement on the wings, and tons of room for improvement on D.

Last edited by Roulin: 02-25-2012 at 10:10 PM.
Roulin is offline   Reply With Quote