HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

PA Parenteau, give me your best and final offer...

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-27-2012, 11:23 AM
  #76
Wondercarrot
Classless
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
What teams are knee deep in point per game players and powerplay performers?
well, clearly the Isles i guess....

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:24 AM
  #77
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps
 
billybudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,618
vCash: 500
Farber (paraphrasing): Islanders have some pieces, but they may as well be speaking Portuguese. At least that's what other GMs think about them, that the way they conduct themselves and do business makes little to no sense.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:29 AM
  #78
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,089
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post
Please. He wouldn't sniff the TOI on a contender that he does on the Isles.
Oh, so you don't have an answer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
well, clearly the Isles i guess....
I don't even get what you're trying to say. Did I say the Isles are knee deep in offensive talent?

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:30 AM
  #79
StuDog
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 1,294
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
Farber (paraphrasing): Islanders have some pieces, but they may as well be speaking Portuguese. At least that's what other GMs think about them, that the way they conduct themselves and do business makes little to no sense.
This, is the underlying problem. The donkey that owns the team. Until this clown is gone, nothing really will ever change, and it's a darn shame.

StuDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:35 AM
  #80
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps
 
billybudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,618
vCash: 500
Pierre just ripped a GM who wants a 1st round pick and a prospect as the price for renting a depth forward.

Edit: a depth forward who's about to be a UFA

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:36 AM
  #81
Pens1566
Registered User
 
Pens1566's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: WV
Country: United States
Posts: 11,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
Oh, so you don't have an answer?
It's an irrelevant and deflecting question. He's not good enough to displace top 6 players on contending teams. If he can't get that ice time, he's not putting up those points. And he doesn't have the game to be effective in a checking or defensive role. Pretty simple really.

Pens1566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:37 AM
  #82
SpezDispenser
Registered User
 
SpezDispenser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 14,227
vCash: 500
1st round pick from Ottawa IF we can extend him first. Perhaps a little + in there. If that's not good enough, then we're out (from a fantasy POV lol).

SpezDispenser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:39 AM
  #83
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!
 
Ugene Malkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Germany
Posts: 21,074
vCash: 500
PAP, is worth a decent prospect and a 2nd. He's still a UFA. I also think he's a good 2nd line player on a cup contender like the Pens, and don't agree with another poster he wouldn't get TOI in the top six here, but he wouldn't get what he's getting on the Island.


Islanders should try to resign him because, he works with what they have for now.

I don't think any GM will give up a 1st for a UFA so....you drop down to the second and depending on whether or not they try to resign him after the trade is what will determine what grade of prospect they send.

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:40 AM
  #84
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!
 
Ugene Malkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Germany
Posts: 21,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
1st round pick from Ottawa IF we can extend him first. Perhaps a little + in there. If that's not good enough, then we're out (from a fantasy POV lol).
That's the only way he'll garner a 1st. A signed PAP.

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:42 AM
  #85
Luigi Lemieux
Registered User
 
Luigi Lemieux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 13,044
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
Farber (paraphrasing): Islanders have some pieces, but they may as well be speaking Portuguese. At least that's what other GMs think about them, that the way they conduct themselves and do business makes little to no sense.
What a surprise.

Here's what's going to happen. The isles are going to do nothing (again), and PA is going to walk on 7/1. The isles are cheap and honestly why would he want to re-sign there anyway.

Luigi Lemieux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:42 AM
  #86
DisplacedIslander
Back Up The Trucks
 
DisplacedIslander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: The Main Line
Country: Italy
Posts: 3,402
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to DisplacedIslander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post
It's an irrelevant and deflecting question. He's not good enough to displace top 6 players on contending teams. If he can't get that ice time, he's not putting up those points. And he doesn't have the game to be effective in a checking or defensive role. Pretty simple really.
If he's getting shipped, there's a good chance he's going to a team that already has a pretty solid top 6, so he's added to make three lines as effective as their first two. A Vancouver or a Detroit would use him in that respect, 2nd line and #2 PP unit. And both of my examples have shown in the past that they will pay the premium for the guy they want.

Fact of the matter is this: If he's valued higher to one GM more than GMG has him valued at, he'll get moved. If he's really wanted, someone will pony up in negotiations, no matter how ridiculous some may think it.

DisplacedIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:42 AM
  #87
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps
 
billybudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuDog View Post
This, is the underlying problem. The donkey that owns the team. Until this clown is gone, nothing really will ever change, and it's a darn shame.
Agreed. I mean, Tavares is a top 5 player in this league now. Not someday, right now. These shenanigans where they play salary games with or waive contributors...he just deserves better than that. So does Streit, who's a kickass PP QB.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:43 AM
  #88
winger7020
Registered User
 
winger7020's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 290
vCash: 500
4th rounder no more.

winger7020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:43 AM
  #89
Wondercarrot
Classless
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
I don't even get what you're trying to say. Did I say the Isles are knee deep in offensive talent?
and im saying they must be if they are willing to ship out a "point per game players and powerplay performers? " for such a comparatively small return like a 1st round pick.

can you identify one other pt/game player that has been traded for so little?
so again, IMO either the Isles would be all over signing this guy at almost any cost (or at the very minimum a fair cost) or they know he's not anywhere near as good as his numbers suggest and as much as the contract will warrant.

the isles are in no position to let high end anything go.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:47 AM
  #90
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!
 
Ugene Malkin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Pittsburgh
Country: Germany
Posts: 21,074
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
Agreed. I mean, Tavares is a top 5 player in this league now. Not someday, right now. These shenanigans where they play salary games with or waive contributors...he just deserves better than that. So does Streit, who's a kickass PP QB.
Top ten/15 at center, League?.....there would be argument he's not there either.

Ugene Malkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:49 AM
  #91
CodeE
Registered User
 
CodeE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,081
vCash: 500
Anyone notice how fans of the other Atlantic teams are rating PA higher than fans of non-Atlantic teams? I guess actually watching him play changes your opinion

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:51 AM
  #92
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps
 
billybudd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 9,618
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
Top ten/15 at center, League?.....there would be argument he's not there either.
I don't want to derail the thread, but there isn't anyone in the league doing more with less and there isn't anyone in the league who has to do more right himself in order for his team to have a scoring chance. Give the Islanders a look one night there's no pens game on and just isolate on Tavares. He's a top-5 player at this point in his career. It's real easy to see.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:53 AM
  #93
Wondercarrot
Classless
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 5,171
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeE View Post
Anyone notice how fans of the other Atlantic teams are rating PA higher than fans of non-Atlantic teams? I guess actually watching him play changes your opinion
i actually find it odd that the only team that seems not to value him too much is the Islanders. i guess having him on your team and seeing him everyday changes your opinion.... i dont know its weird.

Wondercarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:53 AM
  #94
Islander Prophet
Registered User
 
Islander Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,347
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by winger7020 View Post
4th rounder no more.
yeah!!!!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

not happening

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:56 AM
  #95
Pens1566
Registered User
 
Pens1566's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: WV
Country: United States
Posts: 11,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeE View Post
Anyone notice how fans of the other Atlantic teams are rating PA higher than fans of non-Atlantic teams? I guess actually watching him play changes your opinion
<-- Pens fan. Don't like him.

Pens1566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:57 AM
  #96
CodeE
Registered User
 
CodeE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
i actually find it odd that the only team that seems not to value him too much is the Islanders. i guess having him on your team and seeing him everyday changes your opinion.... i dont know its weird.
Islander fans are defending him like crazy, give me some examples of Islander fans not valuing him much.

Penguins fans know his value.
Senators fans know his value.
Red Wings fans... offer a 4th.

It's clear Western Conference teams have no reason to watch the Isles on a regular basis, but there's a clear distinction in this thread of posters who respect Parenteau and posters who don't.

CodeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:58 AM
  #97
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,089
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondercarrot View Post
and im saying they must be if they are willing to ship out a "point per game players and powerplay performers? " for such a comparatively small return like a 1st round pick.

can you identify one other pt/game player that has been traded for so little?
so again, IMO either the Isles would be all over signing this guy at almost any cost (or at the very minimum a fair cost) or they know he's not anywhere near as good as his numbers suggest and as much as the contract will warrant.

the isles are in no position to let high end anything go.
They aren't willing to. That's why almost every outlet has them saying he isn't available.

Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:59 AM
  #98
mygameworn
Registered User
 
mygameworn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 1,907
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to mygameworn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post
<-- Pens fan. Don't like him.
Aren't we glad your opinion means nothing. I actually think that PA could help the Pens.

mygameworn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:01 PM
  #99
Pens1566
Registered User
 
Pens1566's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: WV
Country: United States
Posts: 11,609
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mygameworn View Post
Aren't we glad your opinion means nothing. I actually think that PA could help the Pens.
No one's opinion on here does ...

He'd be about the same as Kennedy. More offense, less everywhere else. Doesn't fit with our system anyway. Bylsma wouldn't put up with him.

Pens1566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:01 PM
  #100
Islander Prophet
Registered User
 
Islander Prophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,347
vCash: 500
There's really no point negociating with these Western conference fans who have no clue how good Parenteau is are not willing to offer more than a second round pick. The Isles don't have to move him, they can just give him the contract he wants and he will stay. There's no point trying to convince us he aint good, when we all know he is (and we know more than you would)

We want offers here, not some bad arguments trying to convince us PAP isnt good

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.