HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

PA Parenteau, give me your best and final offer...

Old
02-27-2012, 01:02 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pens1566 View Post
It's an irrelevant and deflecting question. He's not good enough to displace top 6 players on contending teams. If he can't get that ice time, he's not putting up those points. And he doesn't have the game to be effective in a checking or defensive role. Pretty simple really.
Why isn't he good enough? What, teams don't need playmakers? Teams don't need a forward with a great vision? It seems to me like you are just sitting behind you're computer, arms folded, providing no insight on Parenteau other than your firm opinion he won't make any contending teams top 6, which is laughable and unsupported.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:04 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

Quote:
No one's opinion on here does ...

He'd be about the same as Kennedy. More offense, less everywhere else. Doesn't fit with our system anyway. Bylsma wouldn't put up with him.
Ah yes, the guy who's career best numbers are 2 points more than Parenteau has assists this year.

Old
02-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
I don't want to derail the thread, but there isn't anyone in the league doing more with less and there isn't anyone in the league who has to do more right himself in order for his team to have a scoring chance. Give the Islanders a look one night there's no pens game on and just isolate on Tavares. He's a top-5 player at this point in his career. It's real easy to see.
Maybe you should watch some other players in the league because, I don't think Tavaras is playing with so little that you're saying. IMO

Moulson, Tavaras, PA- Parenteau

Harmonic, Streit

Not bad, could it be better? yes, but that is a good top unit. He's not playing with slouches here to me. Now if you're talking them not winning as a team because of lack of little talent? yes.

I won't respond anymore in this case for not derailing the thread either, but I had to respond.

Peace.

Ugene Malkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:08 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
Ah yes, the guy who's career best numbers are 2 points more than Parenteau has assists this year.
LOL. PA and Tyler Kennedy comparison. hahahaha.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:10 PM
IslesFanatic
**** you SnoWang

Quote:
Why isn't he good enough? What, teams don't need playmakers? Teams don't need a forward with a great vision? It seems to me like you are just sitting behind you're computer, arms folded, providing no insight on Parenteau other than your firm opinion he won't make any contending teams top 6, which is laughable and unsupported.
Yeah he's only top 5 in the ENTIRE league in assists. if he was on a contender he probably would have more points. Just because he is a late bloomer doesnt mean he isnt for real. Last year 54 pts and this year on pace for about 70. There are A LOT of teams that could use his playmaking ability.

IslesFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:12 PM
CodeE

Really don't understand why a Penguins fan is spending the two hours leading up to the trade deadline in this thread telling everyone who will listen that Parenteau is garbage.

CodeE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:13 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
Maybe you should watch some other players in the league because, I don't think Tavaras is playing with so little that you're saying. IMO

Moulson, Tavaras, PA- Parenteau

Harmonic, Streit

Not bad, could it be better? yes, but that is a good top unit. He's not playing with slouches here to me. Now if you're talking them not winning as a team because of lack of little talent? yes.

I won't respond anymore in this case for not derailing the thread either, but I had to respond.

Peace.
Agreed, the problem is that behind him there is no support and that the D, for the most part has problems with their lack of a good transition game.

Old
02-27-2012, 01:14 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslesFanatic View Post
Yeah he's only top 5 in the ENTIRE league in assists. if he was on a contender he probably would have more points. Just because he is a late bloomer doesnt mean he isnt for real. Last year 54 pts and this year on pace for about 70. There are A LOT of teams that could use his playmaking ability.
Nope, he is similiar to Tyler Kennedy and is worse then Andrei Kostitsyn.

Old
02-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Flat Stanley

I would take him on the Pens, we could use his skill and he has ties with Dan Bylsma. He would also gel with the Pens' French Canadian players in Pascal Dupuis, Kris Letang and Marc-Andre Fleury.

I didn't read through the thread, but what exactly are the Isles looking for?

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:24 PM
IslandersFan17

Islanders need to move PAP no two ways about it. In reality we are not making the playoffs and PAP will walk at the end of the season.

IslandersFan17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:28 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyes of Orpik View Post
I would take him on the Pens, we could use his skill and he has ties with Dan Bylsma. He would also gel with the Pens' French Canadian players in Pascal Dupuis, Kris Letang and Marc-Andre Fleury.

I didn't read through the thread, but what exactly are the Isles looking for?
A first round pick and a prospect.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:30 PM
SEALBound

Not happening...sorry.

I can see a 2nd and a mid prospect at best.

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:30 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybudd View Post
A first round pick and a prospect.
I respectfully decline.

I would do a 2nd + a mid prospect or 2, but not a 1st.

Not saying he's not worth it, nor am I saying the Isles won't get a 1st, the Pens just can't make that kind of deal.

Flat Stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:31 PM
StrongIslanders90

Isles wont make any moves today we will finished 13th in the east draft another foward who is not going to help and PAP and NAbby will be gone July 1st......

StrongIslanders90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Pens1566

Quote:
His skating is ... less than adequate. He's prone to giveaways. He's a perimeter player. He's soft. Is that quantitative enough?

Those tidbits combined with his increased production seeming to be based on chemistry with his current teammates will severely limit his value to other teams as a top 6 forward.

Pens1566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:36 PM
billybudd
5 Mike Rupps

Parenteau doesn't skate like Jeff Skinner, but saying his skating is "less than adequate" is probably a bridge too far.

billybudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

Quote:
His skating is ... less than adequate. He's prone to giveaways. He's a perimeter player. He's soft. Is that quantitative enough?

Those tidbits combined with his increased production seeming to be based on chemistry with his current teammates will severely limit his value to other teams as a top 6 forward.
I wouldn't say Parenteau is a perimeter player or soft, he drives to the net and is active along the boards. I'd say his speed is average and hasn't been a problem this year with giveaways. I think you looked up a scouting report for last year on that last one.

I don't see how having chemistry is a con at all. He works well with others? No!!!!!

I'm done here. Quite obvious you and a few others have something personal against Parenteau.

Old
02-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Pens1566

And about the TK stuff ... not saying he's worse than TK, just a similar situation to his last season when everyone with an offensive pulse on the Pens was injured and TK miraculously had his best stats ever. Didn't mean TK is/was a good player either.

Strawman more.

Pens1566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:47 PM
SEALBound

Actually a PAP for Kennedy would be a pretty decent trade for the Islanders.

PAP is a UFA and may either 1. walk or 2. ask for some insane amount of money (relative to the Islanders).

Flipping him for a $2mil, 20 goal gritty energy winger like Kennedy is not as far fetched as it seems.

SEALBound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:48 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

Paul Martin + Tyler Kennedy + 2012 2nd/Carl Sneep

PA Parenteau
+ AHL player
2013 3rd

Shrimper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 02:16 PM
KrisBeKreame

I wouls Stongly consider that but you'll never get Paul martin to waive his NTC to come to the Island. He refused to come to the Island when we offered him more money that Pittsburg did as a FA.

KrisBeKreame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 02:26 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by disles1 View Post
Yes....He is. If you actually watched him play you would realize he is better than you give him credit for. Much better than AK
AK has been putting out 25 goals on average for many years and he can be physical. Parenteau has had one good season.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 02:38 PM
MtlPenFan

Parenteau isn't getting gimme points playing with JT.

From what I understand and have seen, he's been spending the last two months playing with Nielsen and Grabner. That's pretty good production if you ask me. He's getting center numbers playing wing, and a team like the Pens would kill for one more guy like that.

I'll go even further in saying that if Snow is asking for a 1st round pick, he should probably get it.

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 02:42 PM
Psyduck
cephalalgia

Hurricanes offer Jared Staal and five gallons of white lightning.

Psyduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 02:42 PM
bert

Love to see him go to Ottawa maybe a 3 way deal?

To Ott
Parenteau
Eaton

To NYI
Butler
Dacosta
2nd san jose
4th san jose

To San jose
Gonchar

bert is offline   Reply With Quote