HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Coyotes 3 Oilers 1

Old
02-25-2012, 06:59 PM
The Bored Man
Tier 2 Fan

vCash: 500
http://tsn.ca/nhl/scores/boxscore/?id=15132

Check out the icetime totals. I can scarcely believe it. Was Horcoff hurt at some point? Was he, dare I say, benched?

1st and 3rd goals weren't Dubnyk's fault. 2nd one he should have had. And that's all it takes for the Coyotes to beat ya.

The Bored Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Anyone else kinda want Cannoli now? Preferably from the Italian market place.

Perfect_Drug

Been saying this since I first saw Dubnyk play. He's Alex Auld.

Tall lanky goalie, who doesn't really read the play incredibly well. Has decent athletecism, and average reflexes. If we swapped him with Auld we wouldn't see a difference.

Right now I think Dubnyk really only has the tools to be a backup goalie, but goalies are IMPOSSIBLE to predict. For all we know he could win a Vezina in a couple of years.

I really think our issue is with our D.

Perfect_Drug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:00 PM
Koto

dubnyk was ok today, the 2nd goal was really bad by him and our team in general.

1st+3rd goals he had no chance.

eberle had a really bad game, wandering allowing point shot through on 1st goal.

would prefer RNH+eberle, hall-gagner-hemsky

it was nice to see the coaches adjust Prv into the top 6 and take out smyth.

Koto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:01 PM
elpol
Re-Registered User

PHX is 19-2-2 when leading after 1 period; 25-1, when leading after 2. That the Oil even had a serious chance to come back is something to build on, and would most definitely have been against the odds.

elpol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:02 PM
Oilbleeder
RattsSSV on the avy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koto View Post
dubnyk was ok today, the 2nd goal was really bad by him and our team in general.

eberle had a really bad game, wandering allowing point shot through on 1st goal.

I'm with you.

Hall-Gagner-Hemsky
MPS-RNH-Eberle

I think that top-6 would work really well. RNH and Eberle, imo, hook up really well.

Oilbleeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:03 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boco View Post
Players who like to carry the puck have more turnovers. Get over it. It doesn't change the fact that Hemsky still played great.
Riiiight....perhaps part of his contract should have stated that he skates 10 feet further into the zone prior to looking for a pass. Hemsky creates multiple offensive zone turnovers. If you enjoy this, you are being rewarded.

Hemsky was called on this by TSN in a previous game...

dobiezeke* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:05 PM
bretzky29ca*

Is it just me, or do more of you truly believe that Jordan Eberle gets massively under-utilized on a game by game basis. He IS the Oilers best player and it's a shame he's getting pulled around to a degree where it seems the Oilers brass views him as their 3rd/4th best option upfront. The fact of the matter is, the sooner Eberle takes the realm of the team, the sooner we will see success in Oil Country.

bretzky29ca* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hao chi

Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
Man, The Yotes are soo boring, I think as a organization they are shooting them selves in the foot. Play boring enough to make the playoffs and get knocked out in the first round. They seem to be in that cycle.
You realize the Coyotes don't have the money available to succeed with an offensive style, right?

hao chi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Qrispy

Quote:

Hell no. Hemsky and RNH were great. Why split them up? I think MPS should be moved to the RNH line and Hall should be moved with Eberle and Gagner.

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Koto

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobiezeke View Post
Riiiight....perhaps part of his contract should have stated that he skates 10 feet further into the zone prior to looking for a pass. Hemsky creates multiple offensive zone turnovers. If you enjoy this, you are being rewarded.

i can live with offensive zone TO's, its the ones at our blueline he needs to get rid of.

and go offside less.

Old
02-25-2012, 07:08 PM
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit

Forgot how good RNH is with his stick defensively

dustrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
dobiezeke*

Quote:

Dubnyk did not make the big save nor was he under siege after the first two goals. The team had to play "catch up" and desperate hockey because of Dubs.

Old
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge for Nuge View Post
goaltending was average. not terrrible as some suggest
Considering the defensive corp that we have, average just doesn't it cut it

frag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Koto

Quote:
Hell no. Hemsky and RNH were great. Why split them up? I think MPS should be moved to the RNH line and Hall should be moved with Eberle and Gagner.
because RNH+eberle are even better. single best combination on the team, and its not close.

plus hall-gagner-hemsky had success as a line when everyone else was injured.

Old
02-25-2012, 07:11 PM
Qrispy

Quote:

So what? He also creates many great offensive plays. That's the price you have to pay for his skillset and me and a lot of others are fine with that. You can't have one without the other.
Or maybe you would prefer we play like Phoenix and not take any risks as well as not create any dazzling offensive displays?

Qrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:11 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post
Forgot how good RNH is with his stick defensively
He is great in both ends...

Old
02-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Koto

Quote:
Dubnyk did not make the big save nor was he under siege after the first two goals. The team had to play "catch up" and desperate hockey because of Dubs.
I agree the second one was weak, but youre being ridiculous if you think the 1st was his fault, if you want to blame someone, blame eberle for letting the dman have a clean shot on goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post
Considering the defensive corp that we have, average just doesn't it cut it
So you're blaming Dubnyk because our D sucks?

Rational.

Old
02-25-2012, 07:13 PM
Matt Ryan
Falcons Rise Up

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
I'm with you.

Hall-Gagner-Hemsky
MPS-RNH-Eberle

I think that top-6 would work really well. RNH and Eberle, imo, hook up really well.
If MPS can play more physically, like a power forward, I'd be all for that. Else, they'll get run over in a lot of cases

Matt Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:14 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
So what? He also creates many great offensive plays. That's the price you have to pay for his skillset and me and a lot of others are fine with that. You can't have one without the other.
Or maybe you would prefer we play like Phoenix and not take any risks as well as not create any dazzling offensive displays?
One of these teams is in the playoffs based on how their players execute their roles...

Old
02-25-2012, 07:14 PM
CupofOil

Quote:

Hemsky has been great over the last several games and good over the last 10 games or so. He's going to turn the puck over even during his best games because of his style of play. Hall turns the puck over a lot too, offensively skilled players especially on wing usually do.
It comes with the territory.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:18 PM
Wheatking

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Hemsky has been great over the last several games and good over the last 10 games or so. He's going to turn the puck over even during his best games because of his style of play. Hall turns the puck over a lot too, offensively skilled players especially on wing usually do.
Offensive players turn the puck over more because they have the puck more. Malkin has 50 giveaways this season. The next closest Pens forward is Jordan Staal with 18.

Wheatking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:23 PM
dobiezeke*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
Hesmky carries the puck into the offensive zone...his forwards follow into the offensive zone awaiting a play...Hemsky turns the puck over at the blueliine...the opposition has multiple players going back to our end while our forwards are caught in the offensive end. Why would you want a player to give up these situations when you defense is suspect and your goalie is fighting the puck?

This "style" of play is counterproductive and creates multiple chances for the other team. It isn't that hard to see if you are watching game.

Old
02-25-2012, 07:24 PM
Moneypuck

Comfortable with the regulation loss, it's good in our quest for another impact player this summer.

Watching Vermette putting the wood to RNH on a couple of occasions doesn't sit well with me. Someone should've put #50 on the Injury Reserve list for 2 months.

Moneypuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 07:24 PM
Little Fury

Quote:

Yeah, it'd be better if he was coughing it up in the neutral zone or defensive zone.

BTW, Taylor Hall leads all Oilers forwards in giveaways. Clearly he should not get a second contract.

Little Fury is offline   Reply With Quote