HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part IX

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2012, 11:21 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3 LesPaul View Post
He can't come off until the playoffs
If they don't use his cap space, he can come off at 3:01 today. Or tomorrow? Essentially immediately is the main bullet point.

Old
02-27-2012, 11:22 AM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

I'm guessing Tvo to Chicago or Philly. Come on first rounder.

Old
02-27-2012, 11:22 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilYoung View Post
Remember when TSN had knowledgeable analysts? I barely do
There are plenty of knowledgeable people at TSN. There is simply not enough material for continuous news coverage on trade deadline day from 8am to 6pm. So they plan for filler.

Old
02-27-2012, 11:23 AM
NeilYoung

Yeah I'm fine with no Vokoun

Sending him to Philly would be cruel and hilarious

Old
02-27-2012, 11:24 AM
BobRouse

Quote:

Highly risky to me unless we bring someone in. We'd be rolling the dice with 2 very young goalies who have been very uneven this year.

But maybe they feel Vokoun has a bad attitude.

Old
02-27-2012, 11:25 AM
NeilYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
There are plenty of knowledgeable people at TSN. There is simply not enough material for continuous news coverage on trade deadline day from 8am to 6pm. So they plan for filler.
Theres about 50 of them working today. Around 5 or 10 are decent

Old
02-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
Oh, agreed. Yet while the one good panel is McKenzie and token and token, you aren't going to have them on for 10 hours. To cover the deadline for 10 hours, you need to have five panels and on-site reporters with the Canadian teams. Filler.

Old
02-27-2012, 11:28 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra View Post
to be clear...I havent and I am not saying they shouldnt/wont move Vokoun. Im just saying blaming a full season of rather poor play from the young G's on signing Vokoun this summer isnt something I buy
Got it. Peace and good debating as usual. Back to the trade talk, or more like lack of trades.

Both the deals I thought were on the table WRT our vet scratches, don't have to happen now to add a top 6 / C. I wonder if George will just do a top 6 forward presumed rental for our 1st and stick to the playoff team he said he assembled last summer. I know he said no rentals but since when does he show his hand if he doesn't have too.

Old

Quote:
There's a significant difference between analyts and a tv personality.

Old
tycoonheart

As I suspected, looks like GMGM is going to stay pat (I know there is still time).

Unfortunately, I don't think there is any worry for him in losing his job because Ted isn't going to fire him. Ted hasn't fired Ernie for accumulating the biggest bunch of no-talent clowns in the NBA, I don't think he will fire a GM he thinks has had regular season success. He will give McPhee at least another full season, IMO.

Old
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Highly risky to me unless we bring someone in. We'd be rolling the dice with 2 very young goalies who have been very uneven this year.

But maybe they feel Vokoun has a bad attitude.
Agree.

On Vokoun and possibility of trading him, so what do people see happening if he was traded?

- 1.5M cap hit, so recall Holtby and have extra approx. $862,000 cap space
- Recall Holtby and then recall Grubauer from SC to be in a tandem in Hershey? (Grubauer hasn't had a start in the AHL this season, but has played well in SC)
- Bring another goalie back in return in the trade or in another deal today?

Old
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRouse View Post
Totally agree.

Also another observation...as much as I wanted Flash gone it did seem we were definitely not the same team when he left. Something happened along the lines of the Bulis/Zednik trade in my book. Something dysfunctional in the locker room.

As weird as it sounds I think something similar will happen if they lose Semin. make no mistake, he is the reason we are even in playoff contention since Backstrom went down.
funny about this fan base. they whine and complain about a lunchbucket hard working team that they dont have enough proven skill to be a legit contender and put that forward as proof the ownership isnt committed to win. while at the same time they whoop out of town hall of fame offensive defenseman and complain about skilled forwards. they want green gone, semin gone, fleischmann gone.

what do they want now? dustin brown or whoever a modern day steve konowalchuk might be.

its just ironic

Old
02-27-2012, 11:31 AM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
As I suspected, looks like GMGM is going to stay pat (I know there is still time).
How do you know GMGM is going to stay pat? There's only been one trade so far, things will heat up.

Old
02-27-2012, 11:33 AM
txpd

Quote:

cruel for who? vokoun would give up one of his soft goals and he will get booed and batteried out of town like so many other flyer goalies. just another dead burnt goalie body in philly

Old
02-27-2012, 11:34 AM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstrom #19 View Post
How do you know GMGM is going to stay pat? There's only been one trade so far, things will heat up.
I dunno, seems too quiet. Just a hunch I suppose.

Old
02-27-2012, 11:34 AM
BobRouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
funny about this fan base. they whine and complain about a lunchbucket hard working team that they dont have enough proven skill to be a legit contender and put that forward as proof the ownership isnt committed to win. while at the same time they whoop out of town hall of fame offensive defenseman and complain about skilled forwards. they want green gone, semin gone, fleischmann gone.

what do they want now? dustin brown or whoever a modern day steve konowalchuk might be.

its just ironic
Yeah its very ironic. I can't say I'm free of guilt here since while I didn't "whoop" Murphy I did want him gone for his soft play. Same with Flash. But as I've grown older I've realized that its not as simple as it seems. There are intricacies in the locker room that we have no clue of how they work. Players maybe playing bad b/c of the supporting cast etc.

Sure you need guys like Brown/Kono but you also need players like Semin. Its not as easy as it seems to be a GM. Thats why I have given GMGM much much more slack over the years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
Agree.

On Vokoun and possibility of trading him, so what do people see happening if he was traded?

- 1.5M cap hit, so recall Holtby and have extra approx. $862,000 cap space
- Recall Holtby and then recall Grubauer from SC to be in a tandem in Hershey? (Grubauer hasn't had a start in the AHL this season, but has played well in SC)
- Bring another goalie back in return in the trade or in another deal today?
The only option is to bring another goalie back. You're right..it would cause some dominos to fall and put all our young goalies in positions they may not be ready for.

And it will be good luck if we can find a vet goalie as good as vokoun for 1.5 mil and on an expiring contract.

Old
02-27-2012, 11:35 AM
txpd

larionov. great legs. insurance against another boring trade deadline day. but....its so obvious.

Old
02-27-2012, 11:37 AM
Capitlols

James Duthie is brutal.

Old
02-27-2012, 11:37 AM
NeilYoung

I'd rather they just show Larionov all show instead of fumble for stuff to say

Old
02-27-2012, 11:38 AM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:
larionov. great legs. insurance against another boring trade deadline day. but....its so obvious.
Lol, I was thinking the same thing.

Old
02-27-2012, 11:41 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Kevin Allen doesn't believe the NYI will trade Parenteau.

Old
02-27-2012, 11:41 AM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
If we did move out Vokoun, we certainly would have plenty of cap room to add another goalie. Not that I am up on who is available, but moving out Knuble and Hammer we have room for a C and a G.

Vokoun has never seemed happy here. Am I alone in thinking that? From not getting the start in game 1 and his comments, the glares; thinking he was coming to a contender and us playing horrible all year... does anyone think things have worked out well for him or us this year?

Old
02-27-2012, 11:42 AM
ColincampbellOscopy

Just thinking out loud, but following the usual guys for trade stuff is almost a waste of time for the Caps; McPhee usually tells Vogel first anyway.

Old
02-27-2012, 11:43 AM
Backstrom #19
Fire them all

Quote:
I'd rather they just show Larionov all show instead of fumble for stuff to say
Wouldn't we all?

Old
02-27-2012, 11:45 AM
IafrateOvie34

Quote:

its just ironic
For me, I always wanted players that played hard and gave a sh**. Ovechkin and Green I have given some slack over the last few years though. It is very frustrating to see the former players go elsewhere and almost always become Cap killers.

Closed Thread