HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part IX

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2012, 10:45 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
you realize you are asking me to prove a negative. please, show me anything that ive written that is either pro american players or anti russian?
Just applying your usual modus operandi on you. It was good to get the reaction out of you that it did as it's usually your method of operation when dealing with others on the board. Must admit somewhat surprised yet entertained by your reaction.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:46 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

I don't get the Gagner love. He has one fluke game, and now he's a legit 2nd line center?

You know how many points he'd have if not for the 8 point game? Two fewer than Johansson.

Gagner got 17 of his 40 points in the 5 game stretch surrounding that game. That's 42.5% of his points

Old
02-26-2012, 10:50 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
I don't get the Gagner love. He has one fluke game, and now he's a legit 2nd line center?

You know how many points he'd have if not for the 8 point game? Two fewer than Johansson.

Gagner got 17 of his 40 points in the 5 game stretch surrounding that game. That's 42.5% of his points
He's also generally got crap for linemates, so there's probably hope that in the right environment he'd be more than he is now given the skillset.

But yeah, they'll be asking for the moon and I hope the Caps aren't the team to give it to them.

Old
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post

Watching him, he doesn't seem as bad as i used to think he was. If the price isn't too high, i say why not?
Plus, maybe he'll play a lot better with Hunter, and then playing on a line with Semin and someone else.

Old
HOLDITHERE

I don't understand why you guys feel half the roster is untouchable. Seems like Caps fans get a little soft on their players. I think the only guys that shouldn't even be options are Ovechkin, Backstrom, Green, and Neuv. Carlson, Alzner, Orlov? Untouchable? Really? For a young, solid 1/2C I'd let any one of them go.

Here's hoping we resign Semin and Wideman and get rid of Vokoun, Hammer, Eakin, and Knubes in the next 24

Old
02-26-2012, 10:54 AM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainsoph View Post
I don't understand why you guys feel half the roster is untouchable. Seems like Caps fans get a little soft on their players. I think the only guys that shouldn't even be options are Ovechkin, Backstrom, Green, and Neuv. Carlson, Alzner, Orlov? Untouchable? Really? For a young, solid 1/2C I'd let any one of them go.

Here's hoping we resign Semin and Wideman and get rid of Vokoun, Hammer, Eakin, and Knubes in the next 24
Ummmm... why?

And Alzner is definitely more untouchable than Green..

Old
02-26-2012, 11:12 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by edamer View Post
i think the oilers want more than a pick/eakin for gagner. what they need is a defenseman who is ready to play in the top four, so i bet they will be asking in the range alzner-orlov. i wouldn't give up any of them for gagner. what we need is someone with more size than gagner on the second center position. i would much more like the caps to look at someone like grabovski or roy. in saying this, gagner would be a good addition. i'm just not sure that he would be worth what we would have to give.
It's a given that none of Carlson or Alzner is available, I should think. If that's the price, the Caps would pass.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:20 AM
IafrateOvie34

I wouldn't take fans opinions of what it will take to get players. Almost always, they are wrong returns. One thing is for sure, I would not believe a word of HF trade-board posters. Very, very rarely do you see anything remotely sensible for trade proposals. Of course the fans are going to say it will take Carlson or Alzner for Gagner. If GMGM is that stupid, he should be thrown into the Potomac. I am not a fan of GMGM and even I don't think he is that stupid. When has anyone been close on GMGM's trades? Hell, even McKenzie has no clue with what GMGM does.

Go Caps!

Old
02-26-2012, 11:23 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

The whole trade rumors board is just about useless, to be honest, for anything but news.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:26 AM
CapsCast

I really hope we don't land Gagner, nothing against him I just don't really see anything special about him.

I would love to try and get Plekanec, but I don't think we want to give up what it would take to get him.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:27 AM
G3 LesPaul

Does anyone else think we will trade Vokoun now?

I think we will trade him and pick someone else up at the deadline, I don't know who but someone else.

Maybe Knuble and whatever else van might want for Schnieder? LA maybe?

Old
02-26-2012, 11:51 AM
txpd

there was a mention of vokoun on hotstove last night by way of toronto kicking tires on goalies but having no interest in vokoun. i dont think vokoun has helped himself a whole lot this season.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:54 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Watching him, he doesn't seem as bad as i used to think he was. If the price isn't too high, i say why not?
Plus, maybe he'll play a lot better with Hunter, and then playing on a line with Semin and someone else.
Because he can't carry a line. He's a complementary player, and a borderline top-6 guy.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:00 PM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:

Have you watched him play? Have you seen his contract? He's untouchable. You don't sell him for a 1C unless Backstrom is done for his career.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:17 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
While Plekanec said Friday that he wasn’t aware of being the subject of any trade talks, The Gazette has learned that the player’s agent let it be known earlier this month that the veteran centre would be willing to waive the no-trade clause which was part of the six-year, $30-million deal he signed in 2010.
Interesting.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Langway
Intangibles

Quote:
Carlson, Alzner, Orlov? Untouchable? Really? For a young, solid 1/2C I'd let any one of them go.
27/74 are too valuable and 81 is helpful in bringing Kuznetsov over. The way this team plays the D are more valuable than a debatable (in this case) upgrade. Maybe if that center was the missing piece up front and they could manage well enough without one of the D but I don't think that's the case with either. If they can't find a 2C for a package largely involving futures/prospects then they might as well wait because it'd be something of a lateral move. The lone exception may be flipping Laich for a more complete, smarter offensive center. Speaking of which...

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...e-clause-agent
Quote:
Tomas Plekanec, who has been with the Canadiens his entire NHL career, has been the subject of talks with several teams. While the Canadiens have dropped out of the playoff hunt and are looking forward to next season, they want an established player in return for Plekanec, preferably a winger with some size.

While Plekanec said Friday that he wasn’t aware of being the subject of any trade talks, The Gazette has learned that the player’s agent let it be known earlier this month that the veteran centre would be willing to waive the no-trade clause which was part of the six-year, $30-million deal he signed in 2010.
An appealing option depending on the price from a hockey sense and potential 1/2 punch standpoint. Although...

RealKyper: #SNtrade. Told Plekanec has never been approached to lift his no move clause and hasn't even given a minute thought of leaving #Canadiens.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Brave Sir Robin

Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
He's also generally got crap for linemates, so there's probably hope that in the right environment he'd be more than he is now given the skillset.

But yeah, they'll be asking for the moon and I hope the Caps aren't the team to give it to them.
I don't see how Gagner is a serious upgrade over Johansson. Regarding crappy linemates, doesn't Gagner usually center Hall?

Old
02-26-2012, 12:28 PM
G3 LesPaul

Serious question, didn't Gagner play for Dale?

Old
02-26-2012, 12:34 PM
Carlzner

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3 LesPaul View Post
Serious question, didn't Gagner play for Dale?
Yes, and he played very well for Dale.
Which is why he went 6th overall in 2007.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:40 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
I don't see how Gagner is a serious upgrade over Johansson. Regarding crappy linemates, doesn't Gagner usually center Hall?
Now it's usually the Nuge that centers Hall, IINM. Gagner's bump in production corresponded somewhat with his bump up to Hall's line once RNH went down with injury, IINM. But I haven't followed the Oilers closely enough to know how consistent their lines are.

Old
02-26-2012, 12:50 PM
G3 LesPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braden Carlzner View Post
Yes, and he played very well for Dale.
Which is why he went 6th overall in 2007.
Thats the only reason why I see truth to this rumor. Dale must of really liked him

Old
02-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
as for eklund...why are we even talking about it? the deadline is monday. nobody ever sniffs out mcphee's moves ahead of time. just wait.
one more day.
Chesnokov had that Washington was traded a scratched forward (Fleischmann) to Colorado deal two full days before it happened.
Pretty much everyone had the Arnott to Washington deal before it happened.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:06 PM
txpd

arnott was entirely based on analysis. it made perfect sense and there were few real options. i dont think anyone had anything inside on that deal

Old
02-26-2012, 01:10 PM
RandyHolt
Capitals Station

vCash: 1300
Chesnokov added to follow, thanks MyStl

Old
02-26-2012, 01:11 PM
G3 LesPaul

Accoin sent down....

Is it finally happening?