HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part IX

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Roughing

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColincampbellOscopy View Post
alan may has lost his mind
Did he finally go ape **** and kill GM?

Old
02-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Langway
Floatvechkin

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBjoern View Post
So is the trade deadline day over as far as Caps are concerned? Did we really do nothing at all?
Zip. Zero. Nada.

Old
02-27-2012, 05:51 PM
ColincampbellOscopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceBjoern View Post
So is the trade deadline day over as far as Caps are concerned? Did we really do nothing at all?
correct.

Old
02-27-2012, 05:52 PM
ColincampbellOscopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughing View Post
Did he finally go ape **** and kill GM?
Exact opposite. Guy was calling for big time center leading up to the deadline, basically said they couldn't get by without one...tonight he's saying that they're fine, there was nothing out there, and that the team was good in october before injuries.

insane

Old
02-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Halpysback

Solid showing by McPhee. It takes a real man to recognize when there's no move to be made and act on it when lesser men get caught up in the frantic pear pressure of deadline day. A year from now when we have Doug Risenborough trading Johansson for Clayton Stoner you will all wish he was still be around.

Old
02-27-2012, 05:55 PM
ColincampbellOscopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Solid showing by McPhee. It takes a real man to recognize when there's no move to be made and act on it when lesser men get caught up in the frantic pear pressure of deadline day. A year from now when we have Doug Risenborough trading Johansson for Clayton Stoner you will all wish he was still be around.
Standing pat just based on today alone, no issues. Fact that he's had a below average team for 3 months and has done nothing is moreso where my problem is. They didn't start sucking yesterday.

Old
02-27-2012, 05:55 PM
BTCG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chokingdogs View Post
LOL

on a more serious note, to anybody that saw/heard makfi's presser....

did he really say he "had the chance to move Knuble and Hamrlik for futures and prospects, but didn't want to."

if true....

Dogs,

Let's just look at one issue: the position of center on our team.

If the center issue had resulted because of several recent injuries to our centers, that would be one thing.

But the deficency we've had @ center has been a hole we've had for a very long time.

Today was the last chance for outside help to be brought in for this season.

How do you let the time slip away to the 11th hour in the first place?

It's McPhee's job to know the state of the NHL at any given point in the year.

Yet, no move has been made to acquire even a 4th line capable center this entire time.

How can an NHL level GM allow this to happen (actually, to NOT happen)?

Old
02-27-2012, 06:05 PM
EYEuhFRAYtee

Quote:
alan may has lost his mind

edit: like seriously. complete 180 from him, pushing the mcphee agenda hard. clamoring for a top 6 forward, the need for a center, now he thinks they're fine and that they were awesome in october...what is going on?
I was wondering the same. Drinking the Kool-Aid as it were. Do the have a red-rocker flavor?

Old
02-27-2012, 06:06 PM
G3 LesPaul

McPhee was smart today

I stand by him and I wanted something to happen like anyone else

Old
02-27-2012, 06:07 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

So according to Larry Brooks, Howson turned down Dubinsky, a 1st, Thomas, Erixson and Miller (I'm not a prospects guy, but those are the 2nd, 3rd and 4th best NYR prospects listed by HF) for Rick Nash.

Granted Dubi is having a rough year statistically, but I don't think that's a permanent condition.

That strikes me as a very rich offer. I don't know if CBus will do any better.

http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2012/0...lse-today.html

Old
02-27-2012, 06:10 PM
ColincampbellOscopy

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3 LesPaul View Post
McPhee was smart today

Getting too focused on today. The leading up to today, the season as a whole. To be hovering around 8th or 9th all year and not attempt to change that in any way, is...pretty...awful.

Old
02-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDC-RES View Post
Hodgson moving should shut up GMGM supporters.

How does this make any sense? So...a trade happened and it did not involve the Caps therefore at least one of the following must be true:

1. GMGM didn't try to get him

or

2. GMGM is incompetent and had no idea Hodgson was available

or

3. GMGM tried to get him but couldn't because he is such a horrible GM.

Those are the only possible conclusions one can draw from a trade happening not involving the Caps.

only if you have an agenda of bashing any move/non-move. Who do the Caps have that would have matched Kassian in terms of value? Young....has talent...can play a tough game. Each of those cleary what Vancouver was looking for

Old
02-27-2012, 06:17 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by um View Post
chimera is a better version of kassian, i would have been willing to move him + whoever. i would have also moved brouwer depending on the +
Chimera is 10+ years older....Kassian I believe is generally thought of as having some pretty high upside and on a ELC

if you think they are even close to the same in terms of value I think you are mistaken...big time

Old
02-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by G3 LesPaul View Post
McPhee was smart today

LOL.

You are too funny. I can find dozens of game threads where you are cursing this team and hating every part of it....from F to D to G.

And now you are *supporting* GMGM for his moves? Are you bi-polar, or just rather young?

Old
02-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
So according to Larry Brooks, Howson turned down Dubinsky, a 1st, Thomas, Erixson and Miller (I'm not a prospects guy, but those are the 2nd, 3rd and 4th best NYR prospects listed by HF) for Rick Nash.

Granted Dubi is having a rough year statistically, but I don't think that's a permanent condition.

That strikes me as a very rich offer. I don't know if CBus will do any better.

http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2012/0...lse-today.html
If Howson turned that down, he screwed that team. Not sure exactly what he thinks he's going to get for a disgruntled 8m dollar winger.

Old
02-27-2012, 06:23 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

Quote:
Getting too focused on today. The leading up to today, the season as a whole. To be hovering around 8th or 9th all year and not attempt to change that in any way, is...pretty...awful.
this.

Old
02-27-2012, 06:24 PM
Ridley Simon

Quote:
ditto

Old
02-27-2012, 06:25 PM
bonzaibondra12

I look at the list of guys moved today, and see a bunch that wouldn't help our team.

Gaustad got a 1st. What do you think it would have taken to get Gagner, Pleks, or Stastny? More than anyone here would want to give up.

Backstrom comes back, and we are a contender. He doesn't, and I don't think Pleks or Gagner would have put us in contention.

I think they know Backstrom is done, so no point in moving guys.

Knuble wouldn't have fetched much. Hamrlik would be nice off the books, but I bet teams all balked at that extra year as much as we do.

He stayed put, I'm fine with it.

Old
02-27-2012, 06:26 PM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
LOL.

You are too funny. I can find dozens of game threads where you are cursing this team and hating every part of it....from F to D to G.

And now you are *supporting* GMGM for his moves? Are you bi-polar, or just rather young?
Just about every fan is bi polar. You say things in the heat of the moment and you later change your mind when you think things through. Nothing wrong with that.

Old
02-27-2012, 06:26 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra View Post
Chimera is 10+ years older....Kassian I believe is generally thought of as having some pretty high upside and on a ELC

if you think they are even close to the same in terms of value I think you are mistaken...big time
no thats not what im saying at all, there would obviously be additions to chimera

Old
02-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Mothra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamoAO View Post
Yea, so after our first round exit...if we even make it...we lose them for nothing! Yeeeeeeeeewowowowowowow!
Ill take an early exit, more playoff experience, and the excitement of the playoffs over a 3rd/4th round pick....

Old
02-27-2012, 06:32 PM
G3 LesPaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
LOL.

I was bashing the team, as in the players and hunter sometimes. my opinion has changed on hunter but I never onced changed my opinion on McPhee. I always supported him.

And yes, anyone can be bi-polar on here but you gotta take a look back and realize the bigger picture sometimes.

Old
02-27-2012, 06:40 PM
bonzaibondra12

For those who wanted draft picks, this line is on the front page of HFBoards

"Despite having a whopping 10 selections in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, only one of them remains in the Washington Capitals' organization"

Old
02-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Foy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaibondra12 View Post
I look at the list of guys moved today, and see a bunch that wouldn't help our team.

Gaustad got a 1st. What do you think it would have taken to get Gagner, Pleks, or Stastny? More than anyone here would want to give up.

Backstrom comes back, and we are a contender. He doesn't, and I don't think Pleks or Gagner would have put us in contention.

I think they know Backstrom is done, so no point in moving guys.

Knuble wouldn't have fetched much. Hamrlik would be nice off the books, but I bet teams all balked at that extra year as much as we do.

He stayed put, I'm fine with it.
This is kind of how I feel. I look at the list of players moved today, and I don't see much that would have helped. A 1st for Gaustad? Ugh. GMGM said he could have gotten futures for Hamrlik or Knuble, but he didn't say what. A conditional 6th for 22 and a 4th for 44? Who knows. Not necessarily worth it. Without knowing all the details, I can't really get angry for moves that weren't made. Did I want a did like we had back in 08 where we got Feds, Huet and Cooke for next to nothing? Sure. But that wasn't the market today. I see a lot of bottom pairs, 4th liners, and AHL guys out there. If we had traded for Andrew Gordon, would everyone be ecstatic? Brian Rolston? Or how about Johnny Oduya, the guy that got his ankles broken at Verizon Center by Donald Brashear. I wanted something to get excited about, but I didn't see anything happen today for anyone to get excited about.

Old
02-27-2012, 06:48 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonzaibondra12 View Post
For those who wanted draft picks, this line is on the front page of HFBoards

"Despite having a whopping 10 selections in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, only one of them remains in the Washington Capitals' organization"
Yeah. Having multiple picks is a bad idea. Like 2004. Or 2006.

But, I guess your point stands. McPhee had a ****** draft in 2007.

Closed Thread