HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part IX

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2012, 06:32 PM
tmljeh19

vCash: 500
It seems to me there are a lot of moves that have to be made before we can add anything and not that much time. Do you people honestly see GMGM making 3-4 trades in 20 hours?

Old
02-26-2012, 06:33 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
I asked up top what it would take, but didn't get any feedback. MaJo has more points this year, but Brassards ceiling is higher. And I like Brassards physicallity and playmaking ability.

I hardly think CBJ trades away a 3rd C in two weeks without a C coming back though.
What do you think would be fair?

What about the other trades?
How can his ceiling be higher when he's 3 yrs older than Mojo?
No ones sure how he would perform on a better team, but I'd say Mojos ceiling is higher.....people forget the Wings wanted Mojo REAL bad.....I'm shocked people are throwing his name out there like he's a bust cos he can't replace Nicky as this teams 1st line center...he's 21 for crying out loud !

Old
02-26-2012, 06:36 PM
tycoonheart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmljeh19 View Post
It seems to me there are a lot of moves that have to be made before we can add anything and not that much time. Do you people honestly see GMGM making 3-4 trades in 20 hours?
Nope. I think gmgm is going to stay pat.

Old
02-26-2012, 06:38 PM
tmljeh19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnydaycrash View Post
No ones sure how he would perform on a better team, but I'd say Mojos ceiling is higher.....people forget the Wings wanted Mojo REAL bad.....I'm shocked people are throwing his name out there like he's a bust cos he can't replace Nicky as this teams 1st line center...he's 21 for crying out loud !
And what do you people think is going to bring a legit 2C here? Schultz? Hamrlik? Knuble? You need to give to get. Why does everyone think we can trade crap for assets? Frankly Mojo and Carlson should be on the table for a C. Of our top 6 players currently, Mojo will be the least missed of them if traded. Sure he might turn out to be a stellar player but bringing in a legit 2C for the long haul will help this team WAY more then the plethora of wingers and inadequate center depth behind 19.

Old
02-26-2012, 06:39 PM
Brian23

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
I'd be completely content with myself if he unloaded cause like Roman, Knuble, and maybe even Wideman for futures or anything long term.

While I doubt he moves Vokun, I'm hoping for that as well. I don't think it'd hurt the team as badly as some think it would.

Old
02-26-2012, 06:40 PM
tmljeh19

Quote:
Originally Posted by tycoonheart View Post
Me too. Ive been saying for weeks he doesnt have the balls to make the big/much needed trade. Perhaps he will move 44 or 55 or 22 but thats about it. Even though I highly doubt those moves. I can already hear the "too rich for my blood" excuse. Its actually quite pathetic how much of a puss he has become since his playing days

Old
02-26-2012, 06:44 PM
tmljeh19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian23 View Post
I'd be completely content with myself if he unloaded cause like Roman, Knuble, and maybe even Wideman for futures or anything long term.

While I doubt he moves Vokun, I'm hoping for that as well. I don't think it'd hurt the team as badly as some think it would.
To me there is no way that he can do those moves as is. We are right there for the playoffs and that would certainly weaken the team. To what extent is debatable but we certainly dont have the depth in Hershey to recoup those moves AND be as competitive for and in the playoffs. This is why he is going to stand pat.

Old
02-26-2012, 06:48 PM
tmljeh19

IMO a move with Toronto involving Vokoun and Grabo makes the most sense. Both UFAs and both are what the other teams needs painfully. I know GMGM said he doesnt want rentals but I think they would push to resign him since its been put out there that we really like Grabo.

Old
02-26-2012, 06:51 PM
RandyHolt
Opposite George = GM

vCash: 50
RHs Armchair Warrior Predictions
Knuble for Boston's 3rd
Hammer for StL F Prospect Philip McRae
Vokoun for Philly 1st
Gaustad for our conditional 2nd.

George's attempts to land a 2C proper fail as its not his speed to pay what is needed to get it done. He just does not move young core. Missing a scoring C, I think he will also be looking to add a rental top 6 wing.

/in way over my head but wanted to make a predication regardless. In lieu of quoting/responding maybe give your best bet instead.

Old
02-26-2012, 06:51 PM
sunnydaycrash

Quote:
And what do you people think is going to bring a legit 2C here? Schultz? Hamrlik? Knuble? You need to give to get. Why does everyone think we can trade crap for assets? Frankly Mojo and Carlson should be on the table for a C. Of our top 6 players currently, Mojo will be the least missed of them if traded. Sure he might turn out to be a stellar player but bringing in a legit 2C for the long haul will help this team WAY more then the plethora of wingers and inadequate center depth behind 19.
Brassard and Gagne are not worth losing Mojo especially when you consider he's matching their points output and he's younger.....this team needs depth at center so it seems idiotic to trade the 21 yr old who's been filling in as your first center for a 2nd line center.....I'd rather see Eakin and a 1st go than Mojo.

Old
02-26-2012, 06:52 PM
MW6

Quote:
I guess it doesn't mean that much, but Brassard was drafted 6th OA and MoJo 24th OA and Hockeysfuture has Brassards potential higher than MoJo. Brassard is taking longer reaching that potential though as it appears, but he seems to handle the physicallity of the NHL better.

I'm not calling MoJo a bust, but I honestly don't think MoJo's #2C material, not on a cup contender (and I know, he's just 21). Who knows if Brassard is, but he hasn't been playing with elite talent like MoJo has, so focusing solely on points should be missleading.

Old
02-26-2012, 06:54 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Knuble for Boston's 3rd
Vokoun for Philly 1st

George's attempts to land a 2C proper fail as its not his speed to pay what is needed to get it done. He just does not move young core. Missing a scoring C, I think he will also be looking to add a rental top 6 wing.

/in way over my head but wanted to make a predication regardless. In lieu of quoting/responding maybe give your best bet instead.
I don't know who Philip McRae is, but I could see every one of those happening.

McPhee isn't going to stand pat. Off of my shoddy memory, the only year he really didn't do anything, his hands were completely tied by Nylander . The man loves to tinker at the deadline. Because at the deadline, bandaids for your shotgun wounds are on sale and plentiful.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:02 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Pretty sure Philly is at the 50 contract limit so they can't do a pick for player trade. /nitpicking

Old
02-26-2012, 07:03 PM
tmljeh19

Quote:
Brassard and Gagne are not worth losing Mojo especially when you consider he's matching their points output and he's younger.....this team needs depth at center so it seems idiotic to trade the 21 yr old who's been filling in as your first center for a 2nd line center.....I'd rather see Eakin and a 1st go than Mojo.
Our opinions of Mojo are just different thats all. I dont think he will ever be the 2C that this team needs. To me Mojo is really redundant in our top 6 and makes him expendable to me. I see him topping out as a guy that will get hot for a few games here and there and mediocre the rest of the year.

The C's that we have been linked to are Grabo, Stasny, Gagner and Roy. I would move Mojo in any of them except for Gagner.

Option A:

OV-Backstrom-Brouwer
Semin-(Grabo, Roy, Stasny)-Laich

Option B:
OV-Backstrom-Brouwer
Semin-Laich-Mojo

Ill take A 8 days a week over B.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:04 PM
tmljeh19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
I don't know who Philip McRae is, but I could see every one of those happening.

McPhee isn't going to stand pat. Off of my shoddy memory, the only year he really didn't do anything, his hands were completely tied by Nylander . The man loves to tinker at the deadline. Because at the deadline, bandaids for your shotgun wounds are on sale and plentiful.
While he is preaching he isnt going for rentals I cant see him doing anything more then what I bolded above.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:07 PM
XDC-RES
Root for the Laundry

Send a message via ICQ to XDC-RES
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Knuble for Boston's 3rd
Vokoun for Philly 1st

I see Vokoun going to Philly too. Don't think we'd get a 1st for him but would be ecstatic if we did.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Capitlols

My predictions:
-Knuble for Detroit's 2nd
-Hamrlik for Blues' 2nd

GMGM proceeds to say he believes in Mojo and Perreault at C.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:08 PM
tmljeh19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
My predictions:
-Knuble for Detroit's 2nd
-Hamrlik for Blues' 2nd

GMGM proceeds to say he believes in Mojo and Perreault at C.
And thats when I refuse to watch this team until he is fired.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:09 PM
tmljeh19

Quote:
Originally Posted by XDC-RES View Post
I see Vokoun going to Philly too. Don't think we'd get a 1st for him but would be ecstatic if we did.
What about a package centering around Vokoun and either Carle or Kimo?

Old
02-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Capsman

Quote:
Our opinions of Mojo are just different thats all. I dont think he will ever be the 2C that this team needs. To me Mojo is really redundant in our top 6 and makes him expendable to me. I see him topping out as a guy that will get hot for a few games here and there and mediocre the rest of the year.

The C's that we have been linked to are Grabo, Stasny, Gagner and Roy. I would move Mojo in any of them except for Gagner.

Option A:

OV-Backstrom-Brouwer
Semin-(Grabo, Roy, Stasny)-Laich

Option B:
OV-Backstrom-Brouwer
Semin-Laich-Mojo

Ill take A 8 days a week over B.
May I ask how you are able to predict where a 21 year-old second year guy will top out? Not that I am convinced one way or the other about MJ.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:11 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
What about a package centering around Vokoun and either Carle or Kimo?
Philly is trying to win.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:14 PM
tmljeh19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capsman View Post
May I ask how you are able to predict where a 21 year-old second year guy will top out? Not that I am convinced one way or the other about MJ.
Its just my opinion as I said. There is no concrete proof. I would love to be proved wrong believe me.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Cappy76

Send a message via AIM to Cappy76 Send a message via MSN to Cappy76
I think he goes after Grabo

Old
02-26-2012, 07:16 PM
tmljeh19

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Philly is trying to win.
Obviously but I dont see them parting with a 1st for Vokoun. If Bryz wasn't freaking awful they would be pretty damn good so losing a d-man for a goalie that would be better then relying on Bryz the rest of the way. Aren't one or both of Carle or Kimo UFAs this year as well? Or am I making that up?

Old
02-26-2012, 07:17 PM
tmljeh19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappy76 View Post
I think he goes after Grabo
He said no rentals but I believe they would resign him. I think a package centered around Grabo and Vokoun makes too much sense.

Closed Thread