HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part IX

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2012, 08:08 PM
Carlzner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
At LW, #67, Michael Frooooooliiiiiiiiik.

Get ready for it.
1st star of the game every night.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:16 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothra View Post
I just dont get the idea of trading 90 for anything short of being part of a really big trade bringing in an established skilled player that fits a need.....who is not a rental

He is going to be a player. I agree he looks better on wing currently....but he has legit top 6 potential

Im not surprised people are ready to move him or dont see this upside.....several people were looking at a 50 point season for him....I figured that was a bit optimistic. Now that it looks like he wont hit that....well, he inst the answer and I guess never will.

He is better this season than last.....That, IMO, is sure to continue
I agree. This idea of trading him for Gagner or Brassard is ridiculous.

He could very easily be better than both next year.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:18 PM
Capitlols

maydayhockey
I'm hearing that Paul Gaustad will cost a first round pick if traded! and is looking for a 5-6 year deal at 3 mill

lmao.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:21 PM
Atlas

Well, ok, McPhee tinkers. I mean teams that are determined to go for it every year.

Adding Arnott, Belanger, Corvo, a broken Jurcina, Wideman is not "going for it."

I liked the Fedorov, Huet, Cooke TDL deals. That was a good day. But I don't see McPhee doing anything even that dramatic this time.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:24 PM
Atlas

I hope the Caps SELL Laich, Wideman, Ward and Neuvy.

But the team is better without those players anyway. We can make the playoffs and win a couple rounds if the chemistry is improved (a lot).

Old
02-26-2012, 08:24 PM
aquablue

McFlea and Teddy Boy dont take risks. I'll expect nothing tommorow.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:26 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Compared to the Caps, who are also 5-7-1 in February, both of them.
which nhl teams are you thinking the caps could beat if they were on the schedule? are there any?

Old
02-26-2012, 08:36 PM
Atlas

If I remember right, McPhee only gave up Ruth, a #2 and Matt Pettinger for Fedorov, Huet and Cooke.

That's great value coming in and basically nothing going out.

But the problem is McPhee doesn't ever offer up much value--so it's no wonder we rarely acquire new roster players to shake up the chemistry.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:39 PM
Carlzner

You want to sell Neuvy? Have you watched any of our games the past 2 months?
Ugh.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:40 PM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

Hammer and Vokoun need to go to clear space.

I agree with the others re: 90 - unless it is a long term hockey trade, Marcus should stay.

I am ok with a rental band-aid at C, if GMGM can craft one out of the above, or picks/prospects.

I like some of RH's ideas and those would be the kinds of things I would look at over the next 18 hours.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:54 PM
sk84fun_dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleycaps98 View Post
Hammer and Vokoun need to go to clear space.

I agree with the others re: 90 - unless it is a long term hockey trade, Marcus should stay.

I am ok with a rental band-aid at C, if GMGM can craft one out of the above, or picks/prospects.

I like some of RH's ideas and those would be the kinds of things I would look at over the next 18 hours.
Knuble - At this point, I'd be surprised if Knuble isn't traded.

Vokoun doesn't clear much space since you still need a goalie on the roster.

Hamrlik and Wideman: Given the return for dmen, I hope they are at least listening to offers for Wideman, as well as Hamrlik. Not suggesting they trade both, but assess value, etc. Signs like the healthy scratches point to Hamrlik being traded but the 35+ contract, etc., thought for a bit he was playing better under Hunter, but ups and downs again of late.

Going to be interesting as usual to see what actually happens.

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 02-26-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old
02-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Berakos

what time does the tdl coverage begin on tsn again?

Old
02-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Cappy76

Send a message via AIM to Cappy76 Send a message via MSN to Cappy76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berakos View Post
what time does the tdl coverage begin on tsn again?
I think 8am

Old
02-26-2012, 09:10 PM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Vokoun has a no movement clause, so that's going to complicate things a bit.

I'd be surprised if Knuble and Hamrlik were not traded.

Wideman we'll have to see, but as others have pointed out, the value that's been put on defenseman the last two weeks, GMGM would be a fool to not at least see what others might pay for his services.

Old
02-26-2012, 09:20 PM
stanleycaps98
I cheer for laundry

LOL, I forgot about Noobs.

Old
02-26-2012, 09:23 PM
RandyHolt
I Won a Contest

vCash: 3375
If GM can't move Hammer, I can see George moving Wideman late in the day. I don't see him moving out 2 DMen, although I saw a Erskine to Chicago rumor again on the Twitter. Otherwise I think its a no brainer to keep Erskine. Low cap space gained, most all D toughness lost, depth lost, good playoff experience and performances.

Regardless I think we will be getting younger on D tomorrow.

Gaustad stock price rising up to a 1st. Philly at the 50 cap.... my predictions are crumbling apart. That StL prospect McCrae played C for Dale in London. I also thought the Finn, Lehtera.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:08 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Pretty much the only thing that could actually upset me if it happens tomorrow is if we claim Rolston. Everything else is just meh.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:11 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk84fun_dc View Post
Knuble - At this point, I'd be surprised if Knuble isn't traded.

Vokoun doesn't clear much space since you still need a goalie on the roster.

Hamrlik and Wideman: Given the return for dmen, I hope they are at least listening to offers for Wideman, as well as Hamrlik. Not suggesting they trade both, but assess value, etc. Signs like the healthy scratches point to Hamrlik being traded but the 35+ contract, etc., thought for a bit he was playing better under Hunter, but ups and downs again of late.

Going to be interesting as usual to see what actually happens.
I too think Knuble is gone for sure.

And I agree offers need to be entertained for Wideman too. Hamrlik is not UFA. Not crazy about trading a free agent signing. Has he performed as expected? Under Hunter for the most part he has. No worse than some other efforts.

Wideman could go as far as I'm concerned. Defensively inept and really hadn't impacted the PP with Green gone except that the Caps lead in shorties against. Green's back, Orlov has evolved. Carlson will maybe get some more of his O game back. Wideman should not be on the PK.

In regards to Hamrlik his most popular destination seems to be St. Louis. They do need a vet and have some expiring contracts next year on D. Hitchcock's system is similar, Hamr's buddy Halak is there and there is another Czech D. I believe I read that St. Louis had interest during the summer. But it sounds like a roster player would have to come back. Maybe a lower tier D? Not sure where else Hamr fits but his situation is different than Wideman who would be easier to move for a Gagne move if that were to happen.

I've seen Schultz and Erskine tied to Chicago (not Eklund but beat writer). Sounded like there were talks earlier, dried up but back on again because of Chi's dire need since injuries started mounting.

The Gagne talk is interesting but doubt it happens. Just wonder who the sleeper is on the roster that gets traded. Hamrlik's been the lightning rod for trade talk.

Other D out there UFA.............Spacek, Campoli, Allen, ???????????

Old
02-26-2012, 10:20 PM
BrooklynCapsFan
Waiting on the Isles

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
In regards to Hamrlik his most popular destination seems to be St. Louis. They do need a vet and have some expiring contracts next year on D. Hitchcock's system is similar, Hamr's buddy Halak is there and there is another Czech D. I believe I read that St. Louis had interest during the summer. But it sounds like a roster player would have to come back. Maybe a lower tier D?
Get ready for some salesmanship.

"Acquiring Colaiacovo makes us younger, gives us more offense, and gives us better speed on the back end. We were able to upgrade the D without moving one of our top 6 defensemen."

Old
02-26-2012, 10:39 PM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynCapsFan View Post
Get ready for some salesmanship.

"Acquiring Colaiacovo makes us younger, gives us more offense, and gives us better speed on the back end. We were able to upgrade the D without moving one of our top 6 defensemen."
I don't mind if Hamr stays around. Because the D without him and no replacement would be an injury away from not being all that good especially if the injury would be to Alzner. After watching Montreal the last few years I'm a firm believer in keeping top 4 d-men around for the playoffs. Schultz although improved can't do what Hamr can otherwise he would have been playing much more. Although Orlov has evolved he's still a rookie. Erskine is Erskine. It isn't great on the left without Alzner.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:46 PM
Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
I don't mind if Hamr stays around. Because the D without him and no replacement would be an injury away from not being all that good especially if the injury would be to Alzner. After watching Montreal the last few years I'm a firm believer in keeping top 4 d-men around for the playoffs. Schultz although improved can't do what Hamr can otherwise he would have been playing much more. Although Orlov has evolved he's still a rookie. Erskine is Erskine. It isn't great on the left without Alzner.

Caps are actually in a small position of strength with HamrTime. He's a serviceable D man with size and some skill left. They can use him or trade him if the deal is sweet enough.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:57 PM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
Kings fan here. I wanted to ask if Knuble is available for trade. I know hes been a healthy scratch the past handful of games so I figured he'd be available. If so, what would it take to get him on the Kings? He'd be perfect for our 3rd line, or even to reunite him with Richards, whom he had success with in Philly.

Old
02-27-2012, 12:53 AM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
Kings fan here. I wanted to ask if Knuble is available for trade. I know hes been a healthy scratch the past handful of games so I figured he'd be available. If so, what would it take to get him on the Kings? He'd be perfect for our 3rd line, or even to reunite him with Richards, whom he had success with in Philly.
they had a line of gagne-richards-knuble, that would be awesome. anyways i think knuble will be moved if we have another expensive player coming in, whitch isnt likely

Old
02-27-2012, 12:57 AM
sunnydaycrash

Alright folks....it's Christmas for hockey fans......disregarding what it would cost to get these players, and staying within reason, this means not mentioning guys like Toews or Shea Weber.....who's on your wish list?

D Bryan Allen
C Dave Bolland
C Derek Roy

Old
02-27-2012, 12:57 AM
um

i really hope we get roy, he may be small but compared to stasny and plekanec he will come cheap, and theres no way toronto trades grabovski to us

Closed Thread