HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto Maple Leafs fire sale

Old
02-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage420 View Post
tangradi and strait for Kulemin?
Tangradi's pointless for us, and I have nothing on Strait. What's he supposed to be, in terms of potential and current progress? Mind you Kulemin's going to come at a higher price as we're yet unwilling to give up on him. We're listening though.

Flowzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Pyromaniac3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streit Power View Post
First of all, get the idea that Schenn is a top 5 pick caliber player out of your head. He's under-achieving and it's been long enough that he's playing in the NHL to know that he's not going to be as good as he should have been. Now, I'm not saying he's a total bust, but he's not at all a first pairing stud d-man like he was supposed to be...

As for Donovan, he's a very promising young defenseman that could honestly become a very steady pmd in the NHL as soon as next year (or at least the one after that easily). He's not known cause he plays for the Isles, but he's solid and has some good potential...

All in all, this helps the Leafs long term which is what they need right now
I wouldn't do the trade because of this simple reason. Schenn is a roster player; Donovan is not. Unless you are willing to add Islanders 1st rounder to it, I don't see Schenn being traded.

Pyromaniac3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 09:45 PM
mpp9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeeLoBlue View Post
Tangradi's pointless for us, and I have nothing on Strait. What's he supposed to be, in terms of potential and current progress? Mind you Kulemin's going to come at a higher price as we're yet unwilling to give up on him. We're listening though.
What would you want for Kulemin. He's tough to make an offer for as it's pointless to give a more proven top 6 forward with how he's been struggling offensively.

I'd give you Tangradi/TK+1st.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

The bidding on Phaneuf starts at a good defenseman prospect and a draft pick(1st or 2nd pending the prospect).

Rare Jewel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
What would you want for Kulemin. He's tough to make an offer for as it's pointless to give a more proven top 6 forward with how he's been struggling offensively.

I'd give you Tangradi/TK+1st.
That's actually quite intriguing, the 1st. Thing is, it'll be a lower 1st so it doesn't entice our interest as much since we don't HAVE to sell him. However, I would think a B prospect + a 1st would be decent price for Kulemin. I'd still be reluctant though since he just came off a 30 goal season.

Flowzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 09:49 PM
mpp9

Quote:
That's actually quite intriguing, the 1st. Thing is, it'll be a lower 1st so it doesn't entice our interest as much since we don't HAVE to sell him. However, I would think a B prospect + a 1st would be decent price for Kulemin. I'd still be reluctant though since he just came off a 30 goal season.
I understand posters on here not being high on Tangradi. But he had a pretty damn good game today and will need time to best utilize his 6'4 225+lb frame to his advantage at this level.

If Burke is still high on him and would be looking to add high picks, I'd do it as a Pens fan.

mpp9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 09:50 PM
pavelbure604

Raymond + Schneider + 3rd 2012

for

Schenn + Grabovski

Raymond and Schneider were both drafted by Nonis

pavelbure604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 09:52 PM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
First of all, get the idea that Schenn is a top 5 pick caliber player out of your head. He's under-achieving and it's been long enough that he's playing in the NHL to know that he's not going to be as good as he should have been. Now, I'm not saying he's a total bust, but he's not at all a first pairing stud d-man like he was supposed to be...

As for Donovan, he's a very promising young defenseman that could honestly become a very steady pmd in the NHL as soon as next year (or at least the one after that easily). He's not known cause he plays for the Isles, but he's solid and has some good potential...

All in all, this helps the Leafs long term which is what they need right now
No one asked for a top 5 draft pick for Schenn, fact is we don't want a pick for him, we want a young top 6 forward.

Donovan and a 2nd is a terrible offer. A 2nd does nothing for us, and we have little need for a PMD prospect, we already have Liles, Gardiner, and Blacker.

Counter offer:

Luke Schenn + 3rd for Ryan Strome.

thinkinfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 09:54 PM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
The bidding on Phaneuf starts at a good defenseman prospect and a draft pick(1st or 2nd pending the prospect).
BB has marketed Phanuef as the face of the franchise, so unfortunately he likely won't be moved. If he were traded, it would only be for a player like Rick Nash (as part of a package of coarse), not prospects and picks.

If Burke were going to clear the roster for futures, he would have done it 2-3 years ago.

Old
02-25-2012, 09:54 PM
Karnage420

Quote:
yeah i suppose Kulemin is young enough to be untradeable really.

strait is a solid, unspectacular stay at home D. i believe he is rated a 6.5B at the moment, he can probably start to play full time bottom pairing minutes next year.

Pens have no space for him.

and Tangradi might be more valuable to the leafs in that hes a more skilled version of Biggs. Someone the leafs consider a "prototypical burke player".

Karnage420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Pi

vCash: 50
Everyone except Kessel and Gardiner can be traded IMO. Doesn't mean they will though..

Burke isn't going to do anything drastic. He'll look to trade guys like Grabovski, MacArthur, Armstrong.. the guys who will be replaced by Kadri, Colborne, Frattin in the line up next year.

Leafs making the playoffs now is an impossible task the way they have been playing. Team honestly has no spine right now..

Ron Wilson has shot the confidence of both our goalies and he constantly runs them with his ****ing bus.

He won't trade guys like Kulemin...it's actually a silver lining if we miss the playoffs. He will be signed for cheap.. like 3.5M.

He is still amazing defensively, hits, forechecks, backchecks, good on the boards. Snakebit like a ***** though..can't score to save his family. He'll bounce back.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Islander Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
how about Ness or Wishart (both are already depth-level NHL players) + Isles 2nd

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 09:59 PM
BlamBlam

Quote:
Typical 4th liner. He's a great player, heart and soul guy. I think we gave up a 4th or a 5th for him? We'd be reluctant to let him go though.
Fast, tough and could kill penalties in a pinch. He's the type of player I'd really like in the bottom 6 going into the playoffs. He'd be a fine consolation prize if Van loses out on Moen and Ott imo. Go as high as a 3rd for him if it came to it.

BlamBlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:00 PM
MagnumForce

There's alot of Fire Sales going on tonight.

MagnumForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:01 PM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkinfeller;44937109[B
]BB has marketed Phanuef as the face of the franchise[/B], so unfortunately he likely won't be moved. If he were traded, it would only be for a player like Rick Nash (as part of a package of coarse), not prospects and picks.

If Burke were going to clear the roster for futures, he would have done it 2-3 years ago.
That is what sucks. Gardiner is our most important defenseman.

Phaneuf is a good defenseman but it seriously looks like he mails it in if the Leafs are down by a goal or two. Not a good sign in a captain.

When we're winning, you can't stop the guy. When we're losing, he's playing like a scrub.

Old
02-25-2012, 10:02 PM
ProPAIN
Playoffs! NOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFunnyWobbl View Post
Jesus to Toronto E4
Sorry, Datsyuk is not available. Move on.

ProPAIN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:03 PM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
how about Ness or Wishart (both are already depth-level NHL players) + Isles 2nd
Where is that facepalm emoticon....

Brian Burke doesn't owe Garth any favours does he? Phanuef won't be moved unless it's in a package for a proven top line forward in their prime. It doesn't matter if you think he's worth it, Burke isn't going to trade him just 'cause.

Old
02-25-2012, 10:03 PM
Pi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProPAIN View Post
Sorry, Datsyuk is not available. Move on.
Are Detroit's assistant coaches available mid-season? Seems like they go on to do big things..

Seeing Maclean being so successful in Ottawa pisses me off .

Worse when I look at Ron Wilson behind the Leafs bench..

Old
02-25-2012, 10:04 PM
khennig16*
Bikini Inspector

Quote:
How about Mueller (depth NHL ready power forward prospect) + Leafs 2nd for Tavares?

khennig16* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:06 PM
Islander Prophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkinfeller View Post
Where is that facepalm emoticon....

Brian Burke doesn't owe Garth any favours does he? Phanuef won't be moved unless it's in a package for a proven top line forward in their prime. It doesn't matter if you think he's worth it, Burke isn't going to trade him just 'cause.
are you refering to that Strome vs Schenn + 3rd pick proposal...??? cause if so, then I agree on your facepalm

Islander Prophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:08 PM
sanityplease

buds should sell everything but Kessel, Lupul & Gardiner. They could restock the cupboard with 20, 5th round picks.

sanityplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:10 PM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
are you refering to that Strome vs Schenn + 3rd pick proposal...??? cause if so, then I agree on your facepalm
I think anyone familliar with the term "counter proposal" would have been expecting something as lop sided as what I posted. For future reference, lop sided follow up offers are typically designed to illustrate a point.

Schenn and Phanuef maybe (should be) available, but not for futures.

Old
LeafsandSharksfan
Founder of NGA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlelink View Post
Grabovski for Schneider
Um, yes, yes please

LeafsandSharksfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Counter.

De haan + 2nd

Rare Jewel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 10:13 PM
M Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavelbure604 View Post
Raymond + Schneider + 3rd 2012

for

Schenn + Grabovski

Raymond and Schneider were both drafted by Nonis
I'm asking again. What need has Canucks for Grabovski and now Schenn?

M Ace is online now   Reply With Quote