HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto Maple Leafs fire sale

Old
02-25-2012, 11:27 PM
sanityplease

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtmoney67 View Post
The answer would be no anyway. Leafs still three years later have the best player in the deal.
The team who gets the best player in the deal wins, is the stupidest thing I've ever heard come out of leaf nation.

sanityplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:27 PM
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modo View Post
What would it take for Dallas to land Luke Schenn?
1st + Glennie? Just going off the top of my head. Ideally a 1st rounder and a prospect to pan out as a top six player with size or scoring.

Edgeworth* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:28 PM
binop7

Quote:
Not sure I like Ribeiro, but Dallas would need to add.

binop7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:28 PM
Aspirine
Lateral Move at Best

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkinfeller View Post
Toss out Eller's 4 goal game earlier this season and you have a (nearly) 23 year old 'dynamo' with 8 goals through nearly 60 games. I guess the definition of "bust" changes quite a bit from person to person.

Biggs and Kadri aren't guys we're looking to move. We want to retool our NHL roster.
Sure, that's why I said he's a third liner. On the other hand I could handpick this four goal game and tell you he's a generational talent, it goes both ways.
To the other poster, the brainfart part about the Biggs pick is that, if it wasn't for Burke, no one would've chosen him in the first round, especially with who was remaining on the board at that time (Puempel, Rattie, Danault, Jurco...).

Aspirine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:30 PM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
1st + Nemeth

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:30 PM
sanityplease

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF de Mars View Post
But Eller will never get his chance in Montréal. And Tyler Biggs is no brainfart : he's a big gritty right handed winger selected in the first round who would mesh extremely well with our team the Habs ! Sure, he doesn't carry the puck. But who cares, we have other players who can do that.
You sure? How's Biggs doing this year?

sanityplease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:32 PM
Edgeworth*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirine View Post
Sure, that's why I said he's a third liner. On the other hand I could handpick this four goal game and tell you he's a generational talent, it goes both ways.
To the other poster, the brainfart part about the Biggs pick is that, if it wasn't for Burke, no one would've chosen him in the first round, especially with who was remaining on the board at that time (Puempel, Rattie, Danault, Jurco...).
Detroit immediately traded out of the first round upon hearing Biggs had been selected..

sooooooo...yeah..it was even called by Lebrun and McKenzie that Wings had interest in Biggs.

Old
02-25-2012, 11:32 PM
FF de Mars

vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanityplease View Post
You sure? How's Biggs doing this year?
I'm sure. I'd trade Tyler Biggs for Lars Eller, and I think it would beneficiate both teams.

Last edited by FF de Mars: 02-25-2012 at 11:40 PM.
FF de Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:33 PM
Edgeworth*

Quote:
I'm sure. I'd trade Tyler Biggs for Lars Eller, and I think it would beneficiate both teams.
Definitely could see that just..Toronto would have Eller slotted in the 3C behind Bozak and Colborne/Grabovski

Old
02-25-2012, 11:43 PM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
The Leafs traded up in the first round to get Biggs, wanna know why? Detroit was going to take him. Let's wait until he's played at least 1 game of pro hockey before calling him a bust.

Because I believe from your last 2 posts that you have little to contribute here besides baseless random thoughts, I'm going to stop responding to you.

thinkinfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 11:44 PM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeworth View Post
Definitely could see that just..Toronto would have Eller slotted in the 3C behind Bozak and Colborne/Grabovski
You'd rather have Bozak or Colborne than Eller ? They don't have the pure talent Eller has. Don't sell Eller short. You can knitpick, but we could nitpick on anything, Biggs and Kadri included. I value Eller. He was selected 12th overall. He has always improved since he's a pro. His curve is upwards. But I happen to think he would blossom in Toronto, with full time top 6 duty. And I think Montréal will draft a center with their top 5 pick this summer. Heck, Eller would help the Leafs with their playoff hunt, big time ! Leafs need skills. And it's not over until it's over.

Old
02-25-2012, 11:57 PM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
You'd rather have Bozak or Colborne than Eller ? They don't have the pure talent Eller has. Don't sell Eller short. You can knitpick, but we could nitpick on anything, Biggs and Kadri included. I value Eller. He was selected 12th overall. He has always improved since he's a pro. His curve is upwards. But I happen to think he would blossom in Toronto, with full time top 6 duty. And I think Montréal will draft a center with their top 5 pick this summer. Heck, Eller would help the Leafs with their playoff hunt, big time ! Leafs need skills. And it's not over until it's over.
I take Colborne over Eller 7 days a week and twice on Sundays. We need a top line centerman and Eller doesn't fit there any better than Bozak, so it would be counterproductive to trade for Eller. He's a very decent player, just not what the Leafs need.

thinkinfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:00 AM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
You know that that offer was for Phaneuf right? Right??
Yup.

Rare Jewel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:01 AM
FF de Mars

Quote:
I take Colborne over Eller 7 days a week and twice on Sundays. We need a top line centerman and Eller doesn't fit there any better than Bozak, so it would be counterproductive to trade for Eller. He's a very decent player, just not what the Leafs need.
What is so wonderful about Bozak ? He's 26, his stats are not impressive, he wasn't even drafted, and does not bring any creativity. Eller, 22, is already a superior player, and has more upside. Talking about the Leafs needing a true number one center is irrelevant. Parisé won't sign with you guys and you don't have a top 5 pick. And you are expected to be competitive next year. Malkin is not going to magically appear. Eller to the Leafs makes a lot of sense. In my perspective.

Last edited by FF de Mars: 02-26-2012 at 12:07 AM.
Old
02-26-2012, 12:04 AM
CF Punk
Le Magnifique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromaniac3 View Post
Add Phaneuf, Lupul, Kadri, and Colborne to untouchables list.

I hope we ship out Lombardi, and Komisarek.
If the right offer came along...Lupul is shipped outta town, no matter how good he is playing this season.

CF Punk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:05 AM
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang

Quote:
What is so wonderful about Bozak ? He's 26, his stats are not impressive, he wasn't even drafted, and does not bring any creativity. Eller is already a superior player, and has more upside.
if Bozaks stats arent impressive then what are Ellers?

doesnt bring any creativity? he has the talent, just doesnt use it as much, is more relied on to be defensive, hence he doesnt use his creativity as much ... but look when he does

Eller is not superior, but i agree, he has more upside .. slightly though ... Bozie could be a 50-60 point 2nd line C (Zajac-lite)

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:10 AM
FF de Mars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
if Bozaks stats arent impressive then what are Ellers?

doesnt bring any creativity? he has the talent, just doesnt use it as much, is more relied on to be defensive, hence he doesnt use his creativity as much ... but look when he does

Eller is not superior, but i agree, he has more upside .. slightly though ... Bozie could be a 50-60 point 2nd line C (Zajac-lite)
I wouldn't even trade René Bourque for Bozak... and I would never in hell trade Lars Eller for René Bourque (if it was what Calgary asked).

Last edited by FF de Mars: 02-26-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Old
02-26-2012, 12:14 AM
The Podium
Formerly chrisx101

Quote:
LOL no way Jose (Habs fan here).
Kadri will never be a top sixer in the big show and Biggs was one huge brainfart of a pick and is fasttracking on his way to bustland.
Eller is already a very good third line center with a chance to evolve into a complete 2nd liner.
You have got to be kidding me 8 months removed from the draft and he's a bust. Im not even going to touch that Kadri comment. Some people are so uneducated its not even funny.

The Podium is offline   Reply With Quote