HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2012 NHL Trade Deadline | Who Stays? Who Goes?

Old
02-27-2012, 03:08 PM
topshelfie

vCash: 500
Feaster gets 10 minutes on TSN, murray gets 2-3

topshelfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:08 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Wow Feaster is a dud of a GM. And nice jab from him at his former pannel saying the whole day is overhyped.

GoSensGo765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:09 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

TSN guys defending their pride right now......they have fun with the whole thing but Duthie is right, it is their jobs, it's what they do. Would be much worse if they didn't have this coverage.

Old
02-27-2012, 03:10 PM
V for Voodoo

Send a message via AIM to V for Voodoo Send a message via MSN to V for Voodoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelfie View Post
its just timing. murray came on minutes after 3 when deals where still coming through.

V for Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:10 PM
SixthSens
Global Moderator
RIP Kev

vCash: 605
Wow Feaster what a ******.

SixthSens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:12 PM
JackBauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
Jay Fester Press Conference:

We are not willing to do anything because if we pray on a shooting star enough, someday we may sneak into the playoffs and go on a Cinderella run.
he's in a tough spot (some of his own doing). terrible team, all their talent is old, terrible prospect pool. what assets does he have to work with (considering Iggy/Kipper are off the table)?

He tries to buy anything substantial, he has to give up Backlund or '12 1st (only two valuable pieces).

He tries to sell, all he has are spare parts.

JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Manny*

Buffalo won the Hodgson trade, but they've become one of the softest teams in the league.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:13 PM
ILLESToO
Godspeed, Bryan....

A bit disapointed with Murray today.. he said he was going to give the team the better chance possible while not sacrificing the future, I understand maybe there wasn't a lot of options but he didn't fill the needs of the team right now, there's absolutely no way we pass Boston or Philly in the playoffs with Butler and Greening in the top 6, seriously, no way.. I also loved Lee and he's one of our defensive defensemans with Cowen and Phillips and when Maclean's gonna see that Gilroy isn't very good on defense he's gonna insert Carkner in the line-up even though he sucks badly

ILLESToO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:14 PM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer View Post
he's in a tough spot (some of his own doing). terrible team, all their talent is old, terrible prospect pool. what assets does he have to work with (considering Iggy/Kipper are off the table)?

He tries to buy anything substantial, he has to give up Backlund or '12 1st (only two valuable pieces).

He tries to sell, all he has are spare parts.
Did you see the amount of assets spare parts got today?

Blow it up a bit, and get some assets to prop up that sad prospect pool.

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:16 PM
D0C

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD19 View Post
A bit disapointed with Murray today.. he said he was going to give the team the better chance possible while not sacrificing the future, I understand maybe there wasn't a lot of options but he didn't fill the needs of the team right now, there's absolutely no way we pass Boston or Philly in the playoffs with Butler and Greening in the top 6, seriously, no way.. I also loved Lee and he's one of our defensive defensemans with Cowen and Phillips and when Maclean's gonna see that Gilroy isn't very good on defense he's gonna insert Carkner in the line-up even though he sucks badly
Lol, what?

So many things wrong in this post.

D0C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:19 PM
JackBauer

Quote:
we don't need to beat Boston or Philly. This isn't our year. Be happy we're in the playoffs. If we get to Round 2, that's a huge win for this year. Cheer for us to go as far as possible. But don't trade valuable assets to compete with the big boys this year when we are more than one player away.

JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:19 PM
ILLESToO
Godspeed, Bryan....

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0C View Post
Lol, what?

So many things wrong in this post.
Sorry Scotty Bowman, have you seen Gilroy play defense? When you do we'll talk again, Lee was steady on defense and wasn't costing us any games, he was doing the simple things to help us win

Old
02-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Manny*

Quote:
Lee had no future with this team with Borowiecki and Wiercioch waiting in the wings, not to mention Claesson and likely another defensive prospect after the draft. We didn't sacrifice our future, but we did add a piece that has a legitimate chance of contributing right off the bat. The absolute worst case scenario is as follows: Gilroy is sent to Binghamton and one of Borocop or Wiercioch is called up to play as our 6th defenseman. Carkner can draw into the lineup once in a while depending on our needs. I don't see how that's any different than our current situation.

Manny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Northern Neighbour

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelfie View Post
Murray gave his press conference just before the end or just after the end of the 3:00 deadline, and there were deals still coming in, namely the Hodgson-Kassian deal. Feaster spoke at 4:00 when all the action had completed, and TSN had nothing new to discuss. So, they filled air time with Feaster. No big deal really when Ottawa is more likely to still be in the sporting news than the Flames come April.

Northern Neighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:21 PM
Gil Gunderson

Quote:
This is my greatest fear.

Gil Gunderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:22 PM
ILLESToO
Godspeed, Bryan....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny View Post
Lee had no future with this team with Borowiecki and Wiercioch waiting in the wings, not to mention Claesson and likely another defensive prospect after the draft. We didn't sacrifice our future, but we did add a piece that has a legitimate chance of contributing right off the bat. The absolute worst case scenario is as follows: Gilroy is sent to Binghamton and one of Borocop or Wiercioch is called up to play as our 6th defenseman. Carkner can draw into the lineup once in a while depending on our needs. I don't see how that's any different than our current situation.
Weircioch is a skinny weak kid that clearly isn't ready and Borowiecki clearly wasn't ready when he played vs LA, Lee was solid all season long and Claesson is a project

Old
02-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
Quote:
To get a top 6 forward today we would have had to give up a 1st round pick + more.

Besides Hodgson there were no top 6 forwards traded. We were looking at Parenteau but apparently they not only wanted a 1st but a top prospect in Stone in the deal as well. It just isn't worth it for a team that is still rebuilding.

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:23 PM
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet

Scott Howson Press Conference:

The only thing I can hear coming out of his mouth is:

"I'm a terrible GM. I'm a terrible GM. I'm a terrible GM. I'm following Mike Milbury's footsteps. Man, I'm a terrible GM."

PatrickEaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:24 PM
GoSensGo765
GO SENS GO!!

Quote:

"I'm a terrible GM. I'm a terrible GM. I'm a terrible GM. I'm following Mike Milbury's footsteps. Man, I'm a terrible GM."
Oh so true! Hope he doesn't sink the Jackets when he eventually does deal Nash, Columbus fans deserve better.

And he's saying no comment to most things, why bother having a PC?

Old
02-27-2012, 03:25 PM
D0C

Quote:
Sorry Scotty Bowman, have you seen Gilroy play defense? When you do we'll talk again, Lee was steady on defense and wasn't costing us any games, he was doing the simple things to help us win
From the looks of your last few posts I wouldn't talk much.

You talk like we actually had a chance to go far in the playoffs. I'll leave you be to your little fantasy land.

D0C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:25 PM
ILLESToO
Godspeed, Bryan....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
To get a top 6 forward today we would have had to give up a 1st round pick + more.

Besides Hodgson there were no top 6 forwards traded. We were looking at Parenteau but apparently they not only wanted a 1st but a top prospect in Stone in the deal as well. It just isn't worth it for a team that is still rebuilding.
That's why I wrote that understand there maybe wasn't a lot of options but I absolutely hate the Lee deal

Old
02-27-2012, 03:26 PM
We Want the Cup 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post

If they want Parenteau, then they can wait until July 1st without giving up any assets.

We Want the Cup 2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:26 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:

Can Scott Howson beat a man with his own shoe?
#usefulskills

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:28 PM
ILLESToO
Godspeed, Bryan....

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0C View Post
From the looks of your last few posts I wouldn't talk much.

You talk like we actually had a chance to go far in the playoffs. I'll leave you be to your little fantasy land.
Maybe cause I have difficulties expressing myself in english, but once you're in the playoffs anything can happen, I really think we can beat some teams in the east except Boston and if you don't believe it and act like a loser saying I ain't even mad, fine, your choice (if you do), I believe in the team we have and Gilroy is really not an upgrade on anybody we're gonna be stuck with Carkner in the line up come playoffs time

Old
02-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spezza19 View Post
Wow Feaster is a dud of a GM. And nice jab from him at his former pannel saying the whole day is overhyped.
He's right... Wayyyyy overhyped... should be on from 12-3

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote