HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg trade?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2012, 12:16 AM
  #1
mondo3
Registered User
 
mondo3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 863
vCash: 571
Winnipeg trade?

apparantly Colorado and Winnipeg have been scouting each other the last 3 games. speculation is that Colorado wants Oduya. If that's true, which forward on Colorado would be fair compensation?


Last edited by SoundwaveIsCharisma: 02-26-2012 at 10:53 AM.
mondo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:17 AM
  #2
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,318
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo3 View Post
apparantly Colorado and Winnipeg have been scouting each other the last 3 games. speculation is that Colorado wants Oduya. If that's true, which forward on Colorado would be fair compensation?
According to who?

P.S.: If you don't find this thread when you check later, it was merged into the rumors thread stickied at the top of the forum.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:18 AM
  #3
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady
 
Congo Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Candy Apple Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,647
vCash: 500
I've heard that we've been scouting you guys, but where did Oduya come from? And for some reason I could always picture Little in an Avs jersey.

Congo Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:20 AM
  #4
BrickAHL
#NotUs
 
BrickAHL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,915
vCash: 432
Don't ask us, we mean guy because we Avs fan.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:24 AM
  #5
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL
 
S E P H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Avs Country!
Country: Poland
Posts: 4,376
vCash: 50
Oduya? Really? LOL.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:30 AM
  #6
The Kingslayer
Registered User
 
The Kingslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Yuck horse piss!
Country: Cambodia
Posts: 21,799
vCash: 291
Oduya sucks. No thanks. I think you meant Bogosian =D

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:31 AM
  #7
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns
 
WarriorOfGandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cincinnati, Ohio
Country: Scotland
Posts: 13,581
vCash: 142
I'll crap my pants in fury if Colorado trades for Oduya, he sucks

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:35 AM
  #8
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,478
vCash: 250
It's Enstrom for Stastny.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:36 AM
  #9
The Mars Volchenkov
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 37,294
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
I'll crap my pants in fury if Colorado trades for Oduya, he sucks
I probably wouldn't do the first part, but I agree with the "he sucks" part.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:38 AM
  #10
Tralfamadore
Back down to earth
 
Tralfamadore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,281
vCash: 50
Oduya????? No way we were looking at him. Enstrom makes sense but what would it take to get him? I don't think I'm willing to give up Staz if Enstrom is the player coming back.

Tralfamadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:14 AM
  #11
Av-merican
@Av_merican
 
Av-merican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: The Frozen Wasteland
Country: Scotland
Posts: 10,723
vCash: 500
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the Avs were interested in Ron "Hollywood" Hainsey. Just not sure what we'd give to get him.

If it's Oduya, uh, hmmmm...Matt Hunwick? Kevin Porter?


Last edited by Av-merican: 02-26-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:48 AM
  #12
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Country: United States
Posts: 2,309
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BONIVER View Post
Oduya????? No way we were looking at him. Enstrom makes sense but what would it take to get him? I don't think I'm willing to give up Staz if Enstrom is the player coming back.
Enstrom wouldn't be a bad return on Stastny, honestly. I don't see that happening, but I wouldn't be furious.

I'll bet that Stastny stays through the deadline. Recently, he's become more entrenched in the team's MO. He's not indespensible, but in a tight playoff race, I don't see management pulling out a significant cog, especially one that's proving effective as of late.

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:54 AM
  #13
Drury_Sakic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the Avs were interested in Ron "Hollywood" Hainsey. Just not sure what we'd give to get him.

If it's Oduya, uh, hmmmm...Matt Hunwick? Kevin Porter?


Porter for Oduya actually makes a ton of sense for both clubs. Avs could use a 6/7 D man with experience that would come off the books at the end of the season and the Jets forward core seems to have more room for Porter in the lineup...and if the Jets are looking to make other moves, freeing a bit of salary off the books might be in their minds.

Given the injury to O'Bryne and the scares with Johnson and Elliott in the last few games, adding a vet piece on the cheap would not be a bad idea. That said, it COULD be something bigger, but I doubt it.

Drury_Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:56 AM
  #14
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 15,469
vCash: 500
I don't think we can trade Stastny right now, because Duchene is just trying to fit in and he's obviously not 100%. It would be different situation, if we had o'reilly, duchene and Stastny all playing up to their potential. Then I think we could trade one, but now? No.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:00 AM
  #15
Drury_Sakic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
I don't think we can trade Stastny right now, because Duchene is just trying to fit in and he's obviously not 100%. It would be different situation, if we had o'reilly, duchene and Stastny all playing up to their potential. Then I think we could trade one, but now? No.
Cap reasons alone probably prevent the Avs trading Stastny...and as others have mentioned, he, along with the team, have been playing well of late and I doubt ownership/management are going to mess around with trading him now.

IF, and it is a big if, the Avs look to trade Stastny, it would probably be at the draft after they sign some of the guys to contracts and can afford to take on less salary/cap hit than they are giving up....and I really don't see the Avs looking to move Stastny, especially with Hejduk's status for next season being such an unknown. It would be just too big of a risk going into next season depending on Duchene, O'Reilly, and Lando to carry the load by themselves.

Drury_Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:14 AM
  #16
Colorado Avalanche
Registered User
 
Colorado Avalanche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Lieto
Country: Finland
Posts: 15,469
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury_Sakic View Post
Cap reasons alone probably prevent the Avs trading Stastny...and as others have mentioned, he, along with the team, have been playing well of late and I doubt ownership/management are going to mess around with trading him now.

IF, and it is a big if, the Avs look to trade Stastny, it would probably be at the draft after they sign some of the guys to contracts and can afford to take on less salary/cap hit than they are giving up....and I really don't see the Avs looking to move Stastny, especially with Hejduk's status for next season being such an unknown. It would be just too big of a risk going into next season depending on Duchene, O'Reilly, and Lando to carry the load by themselves.
True! They need some veteran presence (can we call Stastny veteran? propably not, but still older than these other guys.)

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:43 AM
  #17
Bonzai12
Registered User
 
Bonzai12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Denver CO
Country: United States
Posts: 6,753
vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Oduya?

I heard we were getting Bogosian and Wheeler for our 4rd rounder. Your sources must not be as good as mine.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 04:00 AM
  #18
18Mike18
Registered User
 
18Mike18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 637
vCash: 500
God i want Little, but the price tag will be extreme, IF the avs trade for uduya, Jones goes the other way?

18Mike18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:04 AM
  #19
CB Joe
Registered User
 
CB Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,486
vCash: 496
Looking over the Winnipeg roster I'm really baffled at what Colorado would target.

The obvious need is defence, but Bogosian, Byfuglien, and Enstrom would be too pricey. That leaves Hainsey, Oduya, Jones, and Stuart, but Stuart is signed for another 3 years so it's unlikely he's the target. Oduya and Jones would be the more obvious targets since they are UFA's at seasons end, but are they really much of an upgrade? Hainsey would be a nice addition to the Avs, he is signed for another year at 4.5m, but is only due 3m in salary. However I think Hainsey is performing well for the Jets and don't see why they would trade him.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:37 AM
  #20
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,032
vCash: 500
I really like Little, but he is a much better center than winger. He may not be the best option. Huge fan of Enstrom and I would love to get him, but I can't see the Jets letting him go. Hainsey would be a great addition. I just hope it is not Ladd.

Christian Litscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:41 AM
  #21
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,487
vCash: 50
If Avs are looking at someone from WIN it's probably Stuart, he's still fairly young (27 years old), he's a lefty and he has three more years left on his deal with salary of 1.7mil per year, but I doubt WIN is interested in moving him.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:04 AM
  #22
cgf
Registered User
 
cgf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 10,574
vCash: 500
Maybe if we're lucky, they'll take Landeskog off of our hands...

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:01 AM
  #23
Drury_Sakic
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 3,338
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
Looking over the Winnipeg roster I'm really baffled at what Colorado would target.

The obvious need is defence, but Bogosian, Byfuglien, and Enstrom would be too pricey. That leaves Hainsey, Oduya, Jones, and Stuart, but Stuart is signed for another 3 years so it's unlikely he's the target. Oduya and Jones would be the more obvious targets since they are UFA's at seasons end, but are they really much of an upgrade? Hainsey would be a nice addition to the Avs, he is signed for another year at 4.5m, but is only due 3m in salary. However I think Hainsey is performing well for the Jets and don't see why they would trade him.
It does not have to be an upgrade per say, it could be a depth move. The Avs D is probably set at


O'Brien-Johnson
Wilson-Elliott
O'Byrne-Hedja

when healthy. I just don't see the Avs investing in anyone else at this point that is a clear step up. What I do see is them looking for someone that is better and more steady than Barrie, Hunwick, or Gaunce (the 3 guys next in line) on the bench.

Drury_Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:00 PM
  #24
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Hasbro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: South Rectangle
Country: Sami
Posts: 29,816
vCash: 500
How can we be sure some Colorado personell aren't just vacationing in Winnipeg?

Hasbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:02 PM
  #25
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 29,003
vCash: 50
Why didn't we hear about Avs scouting Shawn Belle last year?

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.