HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg trade?

Old
02-26-2012, 12:16 AM
mondo3

vCash: 571
Winnipeg trade?

apparantly Colorado and Winnipeg have been scouting each other the last 3 games. speculation is that Colorado wants Oduya. If that's true, which forward on Colorado would be fair compensation?

Last edited by SoundwaveIsCharisma: 02-26-2012 at 10:53 AM.
mondo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:17 AM
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo3 View Post
apparantly Colorado and Winnipeg have been scouting each other the last 3 games. speculation is that Colorado wants Oduya. If that's true, which forward on Colorado would be fair compensation?
According to who?

P.S.: If you don't find this thread when you check later, it was merged into the rumors thread stickied at the top of the forum.

TwoPadStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:18 AM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

vCash: 500
I've heard that we've been scouting you guys, but where did Oduya come from? And for some reason I could always picture Little in an Avs jersey.

Congo Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:20 AM
BrickAHL
#NotUs

vCash: 432
Don't ask us, we mean guy because we Avs fan.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:24 AM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

Oduya? Really? LOL.

S E P H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:30 AM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 291
Oduya sucks. No thanks. I think you meant Bogosian =D

The Kingslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:31 AM
WarriorOfGandhi
Was saying Boo-urns

vCash: 142
I'll crap my pants in fury if Colorado trades for Oduya, he sucks

WarriorOfGandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:35 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE

vCash: 250
It's Enstrom for Stastny.

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:36 AM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarriorOfGandhi View Post
I'll crap my pants in fury if Colorado trades for Oduya, he sucks
I probably wouldn't do the first part, but I agree with the "he sucks" part.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 12:38 AM
Tralfamadore
Back down to earth

Oduya????? No way we were looking at him. Enstrom makes sense but what would it take to get him? I don't think I'm willing to give up Staz if Enstrom is the player coming back.

Tralfamadore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:14 AM
Av-merican
@Av_merican

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the Avs were interested in Ron "Hollywood" Hainsey. Just not sure what we'd give to get him.

If it's Oduya, uh, hmmmm...Matt Hunwick? Kevin Porter?

Last edited by Av-merican: 02-26-2012 at 01:23 AM.
Av-merican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:48 AM
ManOnTheMoon
Hejdas Gonna Hejd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BONIVER View Post
Oduya????? No way we were looking at him. Enstrom makes sense but what would it take to get him? I don't think I'm willing to give up Staz if Enstrom is the player coming back.
Enstrom wouldn't be a bad return on Stastny, honestly. I don't see that happening, but I wouldn't be furious.

I'll bet that Stastny stays through the deadline. Recently, he's become more entrenched in the team's MO. He's not indespensible, but in a tight playoff race, I don't see management pulling out a significant cog, especially one that's proving effective as of late.

ManOnTheMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:54 AM
Drury_Sakic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Av-merican View Post
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if the Avs were interested in Ron "Hollywood" Hainsey. Just not sure what we'd give to get him.

If it's Oduya, uh, hmmmm...Matt Hunwick? Kevin Porter?

Porter for Oduya actually makes a ton of sense for both clubs. Avs could use a 6/7 D man with experience that would come off the books at the end of the season and the Jets forward core seems to have more room for Porter in the lineup...and if the Jets are looking to make other moves, freeing a bit of salary off the books might be in their minds.

Given the injury to O'Bryne and the scares with Johnson and Elliott in the last few games, adding a vet piece on the cheap would not be a bad idea. That said, it COULD be something bigger, but I doubt it.

Drury_Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:56 AM
Colorado Avalanche

I don't think we can trade Stastny right now, because Duchene is just trying to fit in and he's obviously not 100%. It would be different situation, if we had o'reilly, duchene and Stastny all playing up to their potential. Then I think we could trade one, but now? No.

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:00 AM
Drury_Sakic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
I don't think we can trade Stastny right now, because Duchene is just trying to fit in and he's obviously not 100%. It would be different situation, if we had o'reilly, duchene and Stastny all playing up to their potential. Then I think we could trade one, but now? No.
Cap reasons alone probably prevent the Avs trading Stastny...and as others have mentioned, he, along with the team, have been playing well of late and I doubt ownership/management are going to mess around with trading him now.

IF, and it is a big if, the Avs look to trade Stastny, it would probably be at the draft after they sign some of the guys to contracts and can afford to take on less salary/cap hit than they are giving up....and I really don't see the Avs looking to move Stastny, especially with Hejduk's status for next season being such an unknown. It would be just too big of a risk going into next season depending on Duchene, O'Reilly, and Lando to carry the load by themselves.

Old
02-26-2012, 02:14 AM
Colorado Avalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drury_Sakic View Post
Cap reasons alone probably prevent the Avs trading Stastny...and as others have mentioned, he, along with the team, have been playing well of late and I doubt ownership/management are going to mess around with trading him now.

IF, and it is a big if, the Avs look to trade Stastny, it would probably be at the draft after they sign some of the guys to contracts and can afford to take on less salary/cap hit than they are giving up....and I really don't see the Avs looking to move Stastny, especially with Hejduk's status for next season being such an unknown. It would be just too big of a risk going into next season depending on Duchene, O'Reilly, and Lando to carry the load by themselves.
True! They need some veteran presence (can we call Stastny veteran? propably not, but still older than these other guys.)

Colorado Avalanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:43 AM
Bonzai12

vCash: 767
Send a message via Yahoo to Bonzai12
Oduya?

I heard we were getting Bogosian and Wheeler for our 4rd rounder. Your sources must not be as good as mine.

Bonzai12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 04:00 AM
18Mike18

God i want Little, but the price tag will be extreme, IF the avs trade for uduya, Jones goes the other way?

18Mike18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:04 AM
CB Joe

vCash: 496
Looking over the Winnipeg roster I'm really baffled at what Colorado would target.

The obvious need is defence, but Bogosian, Byfuglien, and Enstrom would be too pricey. That leaves Hainsey, Oduya, Jones, and Stuart, but Stuart is signed for another 3 years so it's unlikely he's the target. Oduya and Jones would be the more obvious targets since they are UFA's at seasons end, but are they really much of an upgrade? Hainsey would be a nice addition to the Avs, he is signed for another year at 4.5m, but is only due 3m in salary. However I think Hainsey is performing well for the Jets and don't see why they would trade him.

CB Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:37 AM
Christian Litscher
Hockey's Future Staff

I really like Little, but he is a much better center than winger. He may not be the best option. Huge fan of Enstrom and I would love to get him, but I can't see the Jets letting him go. Hainsey would be a great addition. I just hope it is not Ladd.

Christian Litscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:41 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

If Avs are looking at someone from WIN it's probably Stuart, he's still fairly young (27 years old), he's a lefty and he has three more years left on his deal with salary of 1.7mil per year, but I doubt WIN is interested in moving him.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:04 AM
cgf

Maybe if we're lucky, they'll take Landeskog off of our hands...

cgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:01 AM
Drury_Sakic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Joe View Post
Looking over the Winnipeg roster I'm really baffled at what Colorado would target.

The obvious need is defence, but Bogosian, Byfuglien, and Enstrom would be too pricey. That leaves Hainsey, Oduya, Jones, and Stuart, but Stuart is signed for another 3 years so it's unlikely he's the target. Oduya and Jones would be the more obvious targets since they are UFA's at seasons end, but are they really much of an upgrade? Hainsey would be a nice addition to the Avs, he is signed for another year at 4.5m, but is only due 3m in salary. However I think Hainsey is performing well for the Jets and don't see why they would trade him.
It does not have to be an upgrade per say, it could be a depth move. The Avs D is probably set at

O'Brien-Johnson
Wilson-Elliott
O'Byrne-Hedja

when healthy. I just don't see the Avs investing in anyone else at this point that is a clear step up. What I do see is them looking for someone that is better and more steady than Barrie, Hunwick, or Gaunce (the 3 guys next in line) on the bench.

Old
02-26-2012, 03:00 PM
Hasbro
HFBoards Sponsor

How can we be sure some Colorado personell aren't just vacationing in Winnipeg?

Hasbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:02 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Why didn't we hear about Avs scouting Shawn Belle last year?

Freudian is offline   Reply With Quote