HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Desharnais + Lars Eller + Our 1st Rounder or Tomas Plekanec + Our 1st Rounder

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2012, 12:55 AM
  #1
heathfilms*
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
David Desharnais + Lars Eller + Our 1st Rounder or Tomas Plekanec + Our 1st Rounder

Tomas Plekanec or David Desharnais if you had to choose to be our #2 center who would you pick?

David Desharnais + Lars Eller + Our 1st Rounder

vs

Tomas Plekanec + Our 1st Rounder

what can we get with theses two package? which one would you do?

we need a #1 center who would do this package?

heathfilms* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:26 AM
  #2
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,661
vCash: 50
Our first rounder in 2012? If that package was offered, 3rd overall pick(currently) AND Plek or 3rd overall plus Eller plus DD, I want a superstar.

I strongly believe the habs 2012 first rounder is off the table unless someone overpays to get it.

Plekanec
2013 1st rounder
+

I would want a guy like Duchene, depending on the plus.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:41 AM
  #3
JSC
Registered Sniper
 
JSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,046
vCash: 500
Rick Nash?

Not too many superstars available these days...

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:53 AM
  #4
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,522
vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Our first rounder in 2012? If that package was offered, 3rd overall pick(currently) AND Plek or 3rd overall plus Eller plus DD, I want a superstar.

I strongly believe the habs 2012 first rounder is off the table unless someone overpays to get it.

Plekanec
2013 1st rounder
+

I would want a guy like Duchene, depending on the plus.
Nice try, but no. You'd HAVE to include your 2012 1st on top of that. When your trading for someone like Duchene you can't just pull out pieces you want to keep and add less valuable ones. If you want our untouchable pieces then we want yours.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:57 AM
  #5
hawkeyguru93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Windsor, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Our first rounder in 2012? If that package was offered, 3rd overall pick(currently) AND Plek or 3rd overall plus Eller plus DD, I want a superstar.

I strongly believe the habs 2012 first rounder is off the table unless someone overpays to get it.

Plekanec
2013 1st rounder
+

I would want a guy like Duchene, depending on the plus.
If you wanted Duchene I would say the Avs ask for Plekanec, Eller and 2012 1st Rounder. And that still may not persuade them.

hawkeyguru93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:57 AM
  #6
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,661
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Nice try, but no. You'd HAVE to include your 2012 1st on top of that. When your trading for someone like Duchene you can't just pull out pieces you want to keep and add less valuable ones. If you want our untouchable pieces then we want yours.
Considering that pick alone may produce a player just as good as Duchene, I don't see the point of adding Plekanec.

I said I would 'want' a guy like Duchene, which is different from 'expecting' Duchene.

Tbh, I don't trade that 2012 1st under 99.9% of circumstances and I'd gladly put plekanec along with other pieces for a young center like Duchene. I assume it can't get it done, and that's fine, I have zero issue with keeping the assets.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:02 AM
  #7
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,661
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyguru93 View Post
If you wanted Duchene I would say the Avs ask for Plekanec, Eller and 2012 1st Rounder. And that still may not persuade them.
I understand that's his value to the avalanche, but you can't honestly expect that return can you? If this is a "what it would take" concept, that's fine, but if it's a "what I expect as return" then you'll be waiting a while.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:04 AM
  #8
hawkeyguru93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Windsor, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I understand that's his value to the avalanche, but you can't honestly expect that return can you? If this is a "what it would take" concept, that's fine, but if it's a "what I expect as return" then you'll be waiting a while.
I think a "what you could expect" return would be something like Plekanec, 2012 1st rounder, and Diaz for Duchene and Barrie

hawkeyguru93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:08 AM
  #9
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,661
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyguru93 View Post
I think a "what you could expect" return would be something like Plekanec, 2012 1st rounder, and Diaz for Duchene and Barrie
I really like Duchene, but if montreal ever made that offer, I would want the GM fired. At that point, why wouldn't the habs just draft a #1 center WITH size like grigorenko at maybe #3 or get a prospect with upside similar to Duchene without giving up a 1B center and a young PMD? I'm not trying to say "Duchene sucks!" or something, i'm genuinely asking, can't montreal draft a top line player in top 3 and keep their assets anyway?

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:16 AM
  #10
hawkeyguru93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Windsor, Ont
Country: Canada
Posts: 104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I really like Duchene, but if montreal ever made that offer, I would want the GM fired. At that point, why wouldn't the habs just draft a #1 center WITH size like grigorenko at maybe #3 or get a prospect with upside similar to Duchene without giving up a 1B center and a young PMD? I'm not trying to say "Duchene sucks!" or something, i'm genuinely asking, can't montreal draft a top line player in top 3 and keep their assets anyway?
I think the difference is that the Habs would have to wait for almost every C in the draft to improve more in the minors before making the NHL team whereas with Duchene your getting a guy who has a few years experience and knows how the NHL works. And Plekanec just doesn't seem interested in playing for the Habs anymore so trading him might work out really well for the Habs. and as for Diaz, getting Barrie back in return would be great.

hawkeyguru93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:24 AM
  #11
LyricalLyricist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,661
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyguru93 View Post
I think the difference is that the Habs would have to wait for almost every C in the draft to improve more in the minors before making the NHL team whereas with Duchene your getting a guy who has a few years experience and knows how the NHL works. And Plekanec just doesn't seem interested in playing for the Habs anymore so trading him might work out really well for the Habs. and as for Diaz, getting Barrie back in return would be great.
I can agree with you there. Duchene is proven and NHL ready, however duchene was a 3rd overall pick himself, who made an impact at 18 years old. A top 3 player in this draft may do the same or be a year away.

Plekanec wants to play for the habs. A recent interview(like yesterday or something) has him saying he wants to be a lifetime hab and loves it here, does not want to leave.

I really don't care for Barrie to be honest. Habs have Subban, Markov, Kaberle, Weber, Diaz all as PMD. I'd trade one of the last 3 for a Physical D-man, not another undersized d-man.

Anyway, I hope no one takes it as me disrespecting Duchene or the Avs. I was a avs and habs fan in my childhood actually. Duchene would require massive overpayment, that's what I'll take from this. One that I hope the habs would never do, based on the request.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:13 AM
  #12
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,522
vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
I understand that's his value to the avalanche, but you can't honestly expect that return can you? If this is a "what it would take" concept, that's fine, but if it's a "what I expect as return" then you'll be waiting a while.
Waiting a while? Ok...? Were not sitting here waiting to move him. Were more than happy to keep him? You made it sound like were LOOKING to move him.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:24 AM
  #13
Kshahdoo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 2,662
vCash: 500
All true 1C are on contenders. You won't get them even for 1st + 2nd overall... I say Spezza is a true 1st line center but isn't even top 5 on his position. You will hardly buy him for "Tomas Plekanec + Our 1st Rounder"...

Kshahdoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:02 AM
  #14
Habsfanatical
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 787
vCash: 500
MTL 1st'12 isn't going anywhere unless we get a massive overpayment and if anything I'd trade Pleks + for another 1st'12..

And if we do somehow brain cramp and trade it away, I can't see us adding too much to it to acquire a player, no knock on Duchene but moving multiple assets (picks/prospects) in a time when we should be acquiring them just doesn't make sense.

Habsfanatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:09 AM
  #15
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyguru93 View Post
If you wanted Duchene I would say the Avs ask for Plekanec, Eller and 2012 1st Rounder. And that still may not persuade them.
I wouldn't trade that for Duchene.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:11 AM
  #16
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfanatical View Post
MTL 1st'12 isn't going anywhere unless we get a massive overpayment and if anything I'd trade Pleks + for another 1st'12..

And if we do somehow brain cramp and trade it away, I can't see us adding too much to it to acquire a player, no knock on Duchene but moving multiple assets (picks/prospects) in a time when we should be acquiring them just doesn't make sense.
Agreed.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:14 AM
  #17
mytor4*
 
mytor4*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,175
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Habsfanatical;44955189]MTL 1st'12 isn't going anywhere unless we get a massive overpayment and if anything I'd trade Pleks + for another 1st'12..


This guy gets it.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:16 AM
  #18
umwoz
Registered User
 
umwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,194
vCash: 500
If they can nab Grigorenko there's no point, he's pretty much NHL ready and has upside similar to Duchene.

Plus, who trades a top 5 pick before the lottery? That's dangerous business.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:21 AM
  #19
kyeddy
Registered User
 
kyeddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
All true 1C are on contenders. You won't get them even for 1st + 2nd overall... I say Spezza is a true 1st line center but isn't even top 5 on his position. You will hardly buy him for "Tomas Plekanec + Our 1st Rounder"...
Spezza is 4th in the league in scoring right now and has over a ppg in his career . Hes def top 5 center in the league.

kyeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:22 AM
  #20
EllertoKostitsynGoal
Registered User
 
EllertoKostitsynGoal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Mtl
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,055
vCash: 500
First thing I saw when I got on the main page was David Desharnais+Lars Eller+1rst round pick with something written in red just before without noticing the word in red was value and not something like Confirmed with link. I got scared there.

Why the hell would the team that is ranked 3rd to last overall in the league move that kind of package?

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:26 AM
  #21
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Connecticut
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,832
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
First thing I saw when I got on the main page was David Desharnais+Lars Eller+1rst round pick with something written in red just before without noticing the word in red was value and not something like Confirmed with link. I got scared there.

Why the hell would the team that is ranked 3rd to last overall in the league move that kind of package?
I agree, unless you're getting an Eric Staal type player along with something else back.

truth is that Eller and our 1st pick this year will probably be a BIG part of our future, and we are not winning immediately so your proposal makes ZERO sense!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:26 AM
  #22
IceDaddy
24 and Counting
 
IceDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,747
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
First thing I saw when I got on the main page was David Desharnais+Lars Eller+1rst round pick with something written in red just before without noticing the word in red was value and not something like Confirmed with link. I got scared there.

Why the hell would the team that is ranked 3rd to last overall in the league move that kind of package?
Because the OP doesnt really know how the real world works???

a bottom 5 team in the league needs to aquire picks not give them away.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:28 AM
  #23
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
If they can nab Grigorenko there's no point, he's pretty much NHL ready and has upside similar to Duchene.

Plus, who trades a top 5 pick before the lottery? That's dangerous business.
Don't know about that, but it has little meaning to this discussion and it shouldn't carry much weight on the draft day IMHO.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:53 AM
  #24
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,576
vCash: 500
I would trade these and the op to any team for their worst player and poster.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:07 AM
  #25
Clipitar
Registered User
 
Clipitar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,383
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I would trade these and the op to any team for their worst player and poster.
I'd even add a conditional 2013 5th.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:07 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.