HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

David Desharnais + Lars Eller + Our 1st Rounder or Tomas Plekanec + Our 1st Rounder

Old
02-26-2012, 12:55 AM
heathfilms*

vCash: 500
David Desharnais + Lars Eller + Our 1st Rounder or Tomas Plekanec + Our 1st Rounder

Tomas Plekanec or David Desharnais if you had to choose to be our #2 center who would you pick?

David Desharnais + Lars Eller + Our 1st Rounder

vs

Tomas Plekanec + Our 1st Rounder

what can we get with theses two package? which one would you do?

we need a #1 center who would do this package?

heathfilms* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:26 AM
LyricalLyricist

vCash: 50
Our first rounder in 2012? If that package was offered, 3rd overall pick(currently) AND Plek or 3rd overall plus Eller plus DD, I want a superstar.

I strongly believe the habs 2012 first rounder is off the table unless someone overpays to get it.

Plekanec
2013 1st rounder
+

I would want a guy like Duchene, depending on the plus.

LyricalLyricist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:41 AM
JSC
Registered Sniper

Rick Nash?

Not too many superstars available these days...

JSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:53 AM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Our first rounder in 2012? If that package was offered, 3rd overall pick(currently) AND Plek or 3rd overall plus Eller plus DD, I want a superstar.

I strongly believe the habs 2012 first rounder is off the table unless someone overpays to get it.

Plekanec
2013 1st rounder
+

Nice try, but no. You'd HAVE to include your 2012 1st on top of that. When your trading for someone like Duchene you can't just pull out pieces you want to keep and add less valuable ones. If you want our untouchable pieces then we want yours.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:57 AM
hawkeyguru93

Quote:

Plekanec
2013 1st rounder
+

If you wanted Duchene I would say the Avs ask for Plekanec, Eller and 2012 1st Rounder. And that still may not persuade them.

hawkeyguru93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 01:57 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Nice try, but no. You'd HAVE to include your 2012 1st on top of that. When your trading for someone like Duchene you can't just pull out pieces you want to keep and add less valuable ones. If you want our untouchable pieces then we want yours.
Considering that pick alone may produce a player just as good as Duchene, I don't see the point of adding Plekanec.

I said I would 'want' a guy like Duchene, which is different from 'expecting' Duchene.

Tbh, I don't trade that 2012 1st under 99.9% of circumstances and I'd gladly put plekanec along with other pieces for a young center like Duchene. I assume it can't get it done, and that's fine, I have zero issue with keeping the assets.

Old
02-26-2012, 02:02 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyguru93 View Post
If you wanted Duchene I would say the Avs ask for Plekanec, Eller and 2012 1st Rounder. And that still may not persuade them.
I understand that's his value to the avalanche, but you can't honestly expect that return can you? If this is a "what it would take" concept, that's fine, but if it's a "what I expect as return" then you'll be waiting a while.

Old
02-26-2012, 02:04 AM
hawkeyguru93

Quote:
I understand that's his value to the avalanche, but you can't honestly expect that return can you? If this is a "what it would take" concept, that's fine, but if it's a "what I expect as return" then you'll be waiting a while.
I think a "what you could expect" return would be something like Plekanec, 2012 1st rounder, and Diaz for Duchene and Barrie

Old
02-26-2012, 02:08 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
I think a "what you could expect" return would be something like Plekanec, 2012 1st rounder, and Diaz for Duchene and Barrie
I really like Duchene, but if montreal ever made that offer, I would want the GM fired. At that point, why wouldn't the habs just draft a #1 center WITH size like grigorenko at maybe #3 or get a prospect with upside similar to Duchene without giving up a 1B center and a young PMD? I'm not trying to say "Duchene sucks!" or something, i'm genuinely asking, can't montreal draft a top line player in top 3 and keep their assets anyway?

Old
02-26-2012, 02:16 AM
hawkeyguru93

Quote:
I really like Duchene, but if montreal ever made that offer, I would want the GM fired. At that point, why wouldn't the habs just draft a #1 center WITH size like grigorenko at maybe #3 or get a prospect with upside similar to Duchene without giving up a 1B center and a young PMD? I'm not trying to say "Duchene sucks!" or something, i'm genuinely asking, can't montreal draft a top line player in top 3 and keep their assets anyway?
I think the difference is that the Habs would have to wait for almost every C in the draft to improve more in the minors before making the NHL team whereas with Duchene your getting a guy who has a few years experience and knows how the NHL works. And Plekanec just doesn't seem interested in playing for the Habs anymore so trading him might work out really well for the Habs. and as for Diaz, getting Barrie back in return would be great.

Old
02-26-2012, 02:24 AM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
I think the difference is that the Habs would have to wait for almost every C in the draft to improve more in the minors before making the NHL team whereas with Duchene your getting a guy who has a few years experience and knows how the NHL works. And Plekanec just doesn't seem interested in playing for the Habs anymore so trading him might work out really well for the Habs. and as for Diaz, getting Barrie back in return would be great.
I can agree with you there. Duchene is proven and NHL ready, however duchene was a 3rd overall pick himself, who made an impact at 18 years old. A top 3 player in this draft may do the same or be a year away.

Plekanec wants to play for the habs. A recent interview(like yesterday or something) has him saying he wants to be a lifetime hab and loves it here, does not want to leave.

I really don't care for Barrie to be honest. Habs have Subban, Markov, Kaberle, Weber, Diaz all as PMD. I'd trade one of the last 3 for a Physical D-man, not another undersized d-man.

Anyway, I hope no one takes it as me disrespecting Duchene or the Avs. I was a avs and habs fan in my childhood actually. Duchene would require massive overpayment, that's what I'll take from this. One that I hope the habs would never do, based on the request.

Old
02-26-2012, 03:13 AM
Avs44

vCash: 3319
Quote:
Waiting a while? Ok...? Were not sitting here waiting to move him. Were more than happy to keep him? You made it sound like were LOOKING to move him.

Avs44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 03:24 AM
Kshahdoo

All true 1C are on contenders. You won't get them even for 1st + 2nd overall... I say Spezza is a true 1st line center but isn't even top 5 on his position. You will hardly buy him for "Tomas Plekanec + Our 1st Rounder"...

Kshahdoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:02 AM
Habsfanatical

MTL 1st'12 isn't going anywhere unless we get a massive overpayment and if anything I'd trade Pleks + for another 1st'12..

And if we do somehow brain cramp and trade it away, I can't see us adding too much to it to acquire a player, no knock on Duchene but moving multiple assets (picks/prospects) in a time when we should be acquiring them just doesn't make sense.

Habsfanatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:09 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
I wouldn't trade that for Duchene.

Ivan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:11 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfanatical View Post
MTL 1st'12 isn't going anywhere unless we get a massive overpayment and if anything I'd trade Pleks + for another 1st'12..

And if we do somehow brain cramp and trade it away, I can't see us adding too much to it to acquire a player, no knock on Duchene but moving multiple assets (picks/prospects) in a time when we should be acquiring them just doesn't make sense.
Agreed.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:14 AM
mytor4*

[QUOTE=Habsfanatical;44955189]MTL 1st'12 isn't going anywhere unless we get a massive overpayment and if anything I'd trade Pleks + for another 1st'12..

This guy gets it.

mytor4* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:16 AM
umwoz

If they can nab Grigorenko there's no point, he's pretty much NHL ready and has upside similar to Duchene.

Plus, who trades a top 5 pick before the lottery? That's dangerous business.

umwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:21 AM
kyeddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kshahdoo View Post
All true 1C are on contenders. You won't get them even for 1st + 2nd overall... I say Spezza is a true 1st line center but isn't even top 5 on his position. You will hardly buy him for "Tomas Plekanec + Our 1st Rounder"...
Spezza is 4th in the league in scoring right now and has over a ppg in his career . Hes def top 5 center in the league.

kyeddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:22 AM
EllertoKostitsynGoal

First thing I saw when I got on the main page was David Desharnais+Lars Eller+1rst round pick with something written in red just before without noticing the word in red was value and not something like Confirmed with link. I got scared there.

Why the hell would the team that is ranked 3rd to last overall in the league move that kind of package?

EllertoKostitsynGoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:26 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post
First thing I saw when I got on the main page was David Desharnais+Lars Eller+1rst round pick with something written in red just before without noticing the word in red was value and not something like Confirmed with link. I got scared there.

Why the hell would the team that is ranked 3rd to last overall in the league move that kind of package?
I agree, unless you're getting an Eric Staal type player along with something else back.

truth is that Eller and our 1st pick this year will probably be a BIG part of our future, and we are not winning immediately so your proposal makes ZERO sense!

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:26 AM
IceDaddy
24 and Counting

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllertoKostitsynGoal View Post

Because the OP doesnt really know how the real world works???

a bottom 5 team in the league needs to aquire picks not give them away.

IceDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:28 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by umwoz View Post
If they can nab Grigorenko there's no point, he's pretty much NHL ready and has upside similar to Duchene.

Plus, who trades a top 5 pick before the lottery? That's dangerous business.
Don't know about that, but it has little meaning to this discussion and it shouldn't carry much weight on the draft day IMHO.

Old
02-26-2012, 08:53 AM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

I would trade these and the op to any team for their worst player and poster.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Clipitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
I would trade these and the op to any team for their worst player and poster.
I'd even add a conditional 2013 5th.

Clipitar is offline   Reply With Quote