HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Unofficial Trade Rumor/Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline Day

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2012, 01:04 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

vCash: 500
Eh, Dreger has the hype machine in full swing. I imagine that Tambellini is kicking a lot of tires but I can't see anything significant happening.

If it GUARANTEED you a top four defenceman, would you deal Gagner?

Old
02-27-2012, 01:05 AM
ExOilerFan
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdayz15 View Post
Darren Dreger says he thinks that the Oilers will be the busiest of the Canadian teams tomorrow, I sure hope so. He really thinks Edmonton is working hard at getting themselves that top 4 D they've been looking for. God I love this day!
He's just saying that to get more viewers tomorrow... And I have to admit it works on me every year

Old
02-27-2012, 01:06 AM
Arpeggio

I'm terrified of the day that the Canucks deal Schneider (or less likely, Luongo). They could probably bring in a legitimate top line forward for either of those guys. That lineup would be ridiculous with another top end forward.

Old
02-27-2012, 01:08 AM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arpeggio View Post
I'm terrified of the day that the Canucks deal Schneider (or less likely, Luongo). They could probably bring in a legitimate top line forward for either of those guys. That lineup would be ridiculous with another top end forward.
If they deal Schneider and they have another loluongo experience in the playoffs... who are they going to turn to?

Old
02-27-2012, 01:11 AM
battlegoon

Quote:
Well my friend, I'm with you.. I always hold out hope!
It's hard not to, something has to give eventually right? Maybe it's this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Eh, Dreger has the hype machine in full swing. I imagine that Tambellini is kicking a lot of tires but I can't see anything significant happening.

It depends on the calliber of the player. I've been telling my brother who thinks Gagner needs to be reunited with Kane that we should send them Gagner, Khabi and Barker for Seabrook

Old
02-27-2012, 01:12 AM
lakai17

poor old Jay Feaster, must have been on the phone all day but puzzled after every call, then again other GM's have caller i.d. now a days.

Old
02-27-2012, 01:19 AM
Bergeron47

vCash: 966
Quote:
If they deal Schneider and they have another loluongo experience in the playoffs... who are they going to turn to?
If by a Loluongo experience you mean him winning 3 games fir the team in the finals, and the offense scoring 5 goals in 7 games, I imagine they turn to the Sedins and threaten to trade them.

Old
02-27-2012, 01:22 AM
Tarus
#Craigsnotonit

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
poor old Jay Feaster, must have been on the phone all day but puzzled after every call, then again other GM's have caller i.d. now a days.
Doubt Feaster is wasting his time calling other GMs.

The immates run the asylum down in calgary with all the silly NTCs they handed out, Iginla probably has more ability and influence to make trades there.

Old
02-27-2012, 01:25 AM
AK Dandyman

Just want to throw out a long shot.

I think Anaheim is close enough now and should be feeling they can make the playoff. Seems to be a team that no one talks about making a move.

With us being their good trading partner, may be they will have some interest in Belanger, Barker and Peckham?

Old
02-27-2012, 01:29 AM
tv14

What are the chances of Jonesy getting dealt? I really like him, but after 3 straight healthy scratches I'm starting to wonder. Not to mention, we have Hartikainen who could be looking to replace him full time next year. Not saying I want him gone, but just thinking about the possibility.

Old
02-27-2012, 01:30 AM
McBdayz15

Quote:

I think I'd do it, sure Gagner has peaked and thats fantastic for us now but at the end of the day the kid hasn't reached 60 pts once in his career and he still needs 20 pts to accomplish that this year. I think if it was my call and knowing that we could get a legit top 4 with continuing potential I make the deal.

We always have another high pick in the draft this year and if we do end up drafting 2nd or 3rd overall we wont be taking a D man. So I definitely think I take the deal.

Old
02-27-2012, 01:33 AM
nexttothemoon
light.end.tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Don't count Ole Feaster out... he'll pull out a Komisarek for Iginla trade that will make us all amazed.

Old
02-27-2012, 01:33 AM
Section337

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Dandyman View Post

I think Anaheim is close enough now and should be feeling they can make the playoff. Seems to be a team that no one talks about making a move.

With us being their good trading partner, may be they will have some interest in Belanger, Barker and Peckham?
I hope Belanger stays, he's important for the much improved PK and his salary is far from burdensome.

Old
02-27-2012, 01:42 AM
lakai17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
Don't count Ole Feaster out... he'll pull out a Komisarek for Iginla trade that will make us all amazed.
imagine the anxiety running through Feaster the last few days/weeks.

Old
02-27-2012, 01:42 AM
nexttothemoon
light.end.tunnel

Quote:

I'd bet good money that Anaheim will make the playoffs. They've been one of the best teams in the league the last month+.

Belanger could be moved (but I don't think the Oilers will... he's sound on the PK and one of the best faceoff men in the NHL... he stays.) Pus the optics of signing a guy they really wanted to a 3 year deal then dealing him a few months later doesn't look good to other free agents that might consider coming here.

Peckham could be moved. He hasn't really improved his game and many would say he's regressed this year. He's a one-dimensional 7th dman who's been made redundant by Sutton (and Teubert). I don't think the Oilers get much back for him... maybe a 3rd. I could see some team out there wanting him for toughness in their lineup though come playoff time as a rental.

Barker... I highly, highly doubt any team would take him. He's pretty much a washout at this point in the NHL. Europe bound most likely next year. Barker + a 2nd might net the Oilers a 3rd. (probably optimistic)

Old
02-27-2012, 01:44 AM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Section337 View Post
I hope Belanger stays, he's important for the much improved PK and his salary is far from burdensome.
Yeah I am not for this Belanger trade talk. I want to keep him. If he starts to get his offensive game back on track he will be that much more important over the next couple seasons.

Old
02-27-2012, 01:47 AM
McDNicks17
McDavid Cometh

vCash: 1115
We should probably just loan Barker to Hershey.

Old
02-27-2012, 01:59 AM
nexttothemoon
light.end.tunnel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilerdiehard View Post
Yeah I am not for this Belanger trade talk. I want to keep him. If he starts to get his offensive game back on track he will be that much more important over the next couple seasons.
I agree... he's scored between 30 and 40 points for 8 years straight like clockwork before this season.

This year is an anomaly. His shooting pct is 3.2%.. far below his career average of 10.6%. His plus/minus this year is -13... in his 10 previous years he was a COMBINED -13.

It's not as if he played on great teams all those years either to pad his stats... he's played on the Kings, Hurricanes, Thrashers, Wild, Capitals, Coyotes and now the Oilers.

He's a solid defensive centre with elite faceoff skills. That's the type of player that you want as a 3rd liner. Of course he's going to be playing behind RNH/Gagner/Horcoff in the lineup and if the Oilers add Grigorenko that's one more slot taken (even if Gagner is pushed to the wing). Throw in Lander and the Oilers go from tumbleweeds a couple years ago at centre to stacked.

For whatever reason Belanger just doesn't seem to have great chemistry with his linemates this year and it goes both ways as well. I'd certainly hang onto him though to see if he can pick up his game offensively... certainly they can still trade him next year if the prospects develop strongly up the middle.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:11 AM
nexttothemoon
light.end.tunnel

Calgary and Toronto are both in the exact same positions... 3 pts out of a playoff spot with 20 games to go.

Now which GM is going to screw it up bigger with a big move that gets them nowhere as they finish 9th after throwing away a 1st round pick for an overpriced vet.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:15 AM
Bryanbryoil

Quote:
Darren Dreger says he thinks that the Oilers will be the busiest of the Canadian teams tomorrow, I sure hope so. He really thinks Edmonton is working hard at getting themselves that top 4 D they've been looking for. God I love this day!
I don't know what to read into that TBH, I'd be pretty surprised if we made many hockey trades tomorrow ie. trade NHL bodies for NHL bodies. I could see Khabibulin moving in the right situation and maybe we get a younger goalie in return ie. Khabby for Bobrovsky, Crawford, etc. I doubt that any of our significant roster players will be moved though TBH.

Quote:

Top pairing? Hell yeah. #3 D? Sure. #4? No thanks.

02-27-2012, 02:23 AM
Oilerdiehard

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexttothemoon View Post
I agree... he's scored between 30 and 40 points for 8 years straight like clockwork before this season.

This year is an anomaly. His shooting pct is 3.2%.. far below his career average of 10.6%. His plus/minus this year is -13... in his 10 previous years he was a COMBINED -13.

It's not as if he played on great teams all those years either to pad his stats... he's played on the Kings, Hurricanes, Thrashers, Wild, Capitals, Coyotes and now the Oilers.

He's a solid defensive centre with elite faceoff skills. That's the type of player that you want as a 3rd liner. Of course he's going to be playing behind RNH/Gagner/Horcoff in the lineup and if the Oilers add Grigorenko that's one more slot taken (even if Gagner is pushed to the wing). Throw in Lander and the Oilers go from tumbleweeds a couple years ago at centre to stacked.

For whatever reason Belanger just doesn't seem to have great chemistry with his linemates this year and it goes both ways as well. I'd certainly hang onto him though to see if he can pick up his game offensively... certainly they can still trade him next year if the prospects develop strongly up the middle.
Agreed on all points. He is what we have needed in our bottom 6 for years now. We finally got him and history would tell us that the chances are good that his offensive game bounces back to more normal levels.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:29 AM
Narnia
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

Why get rid of Belanger after 60 games? Makes no sense. You sound like TJ. Belanger chose Edmonton over other teams. He said he wants to stay here for the 3 years. Then you wonder why players avoid Edmonton. No wonder if people want to trade them after less than a season with the team.

02-27-2012, 02:32 AM
dixs35

Would anyone be willing to trade off some of our prospects to land PK Subban if Montreal goes into big sell mode. His personality and desire to win would fit in very well with the young guys and may flourish here.

Marincin/Harski/Blain/Musil etc. I assume everyone has some untouchables but you are going to have to move some pretty legit assets to get a high caliber player. He's a guy I think Tambellini should be inquiring about.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:37 AM
Spawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixs35 View Post
Would anyone be willing to trade off some of our prospects to land PK Subban if Montreal goes into big sell mode. His personality and desire to win would fit in very well with the young guys and may flourish here.

Marincin/Harski/Blain/Musil etc. I assume everyone has some untouchables but you are going to have to move some pretty legit assets to get a high caliber player. He's a guy I think Tambellini should be inquiring about.
I'm split 50/50 on PK Subban. His personality and attitude so far seem to be questionable, but that might just be media blowing things out of proportion. It is a little concerning that he has had multiple run-ins with different players during practice.

On the other hand, you absolutely cannot deny his skills. He is a great skater and has a heck of a lot of offensive tools. He is also a perfect age with our core and knows Eberle from their WJC days. He leads that team in time on ice per game at the age of 22. He's a player that would be difficult to pass up on if you could get him for the right price.

I don't even think you could get him for the right price at this point. It would probably cost a lot to get him.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:50 AM
Auguste McEscoffier

I, for one, do not wish to see Belanger moved today. Yes, he may not be putting up 40+ points, but he has been a solid edition to our PK and has been our best faceoff man in three seasons. Whatever Tambellini may get back in a deal for him, it is not worth Belanger.

Closed Thread