HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals: Part XXIV

View Poll Results: Michalek for Nash
Yes 51 66.23%
No 26 33.77%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-29-2012, 09:34 PM
  #176
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie
 
CanadianHockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: uOttawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 28,645
vCash: 2391
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterSidorkiewicz View Post
Karlsson is a garbage pick, should have taken Zultek over Hossa, Kuba should be traded, Gonchar sucks, blah blah blah.
How can you forget that wasted opportunity to trade Alfie for Conroy.

Also, I laughed hard at that Melynk Lee pic.

__________________
CanadianHockey________ __ __________Sens, Oilers, and Team Canada
CanadianHockey is offline  
Old
03-01-2012, 01:53 AM
  #177
Beville
#ForTheBoys
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Engerlanddd!
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 3,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by playasRus View Post
Why is Konopka so high?!
Chara 2.0?

Failing that, he's probably just jumping...

Beville is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 03:09 PM
  #178
Bosswally
Registered User
 
Bosswally's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Johnson City, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 373
vCash: 500
Nick foligno

Buffalo fan coming in peace here, we like our Foligno and would like another, What would you guys want for him?

untouchables-Pominville, Miller, Ennis, Myers

Bosswally is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 03:10 PM
  #179
Smitty26
Registered User
 
Smitty26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 883
vCash: 500
Hodgson.......

Smitty26 is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 03:12 PM
  #180
Tundraman
GoneCountry
 
Tundraman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North
Posts: 5,432
vCash: 500
Marcus

Tundraman is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 03:12 PM
  #181
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,043
vCash: 1322
I like Foligno

saskriders is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 03:16 PM
  #182
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,237
vCash: 500
Ennis or no deal

MAK19 is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 03:17 PM
  #183
Smitty26
Registered User
 
Smitty26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 883
vCash: 500
id ask for .....Gauthier-Leduc...Sundher...and a 2nd in 2012

edit: however there is no incentive for us to move foligno unless you overpay us. So Ennis as mentioned above is probably the deal. No need for either team to really make the trade, so it makes no sense to move Foligno for equal value.

Smitty26 is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 03:19 PM
  #184
starling
Registered User
 
starling's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 3,170
vCash: 500
So you mean we can take Vanek or Erhoff? okay

starling is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 03:20 PM
  #185
brochenski
@brochenski
 
brochenski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
maybe a 2nd and a young defenceman? Ottawa has a lot of guys who'll be fighting for bottom 6 spots next year, so a few people will have to go anyways...

brochenski is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 03:22 PM
  #186
Minister of Offence
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 23,023
vCash: 500
Potentially Foligno + OTT 1st for BUF 1st

I think the org likes Foligno but at some point they may not be that unwilling to move him. He is having a pretty decent season though.

Minister of Offence is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 03:26 PM
  #187
Legend Killer
Registered User
 
Legend Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 1263
To think we selected Chris Wideman 4 spots ahead of Marcus... would have loved to have had both brothers...

Legend Killer is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 03:31 PM
  #188
PatrickEaves
Karan S'Jet
 
PatrickEaves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,786
vCash: 500
I know there are people that would disagree, but I'd do a trade for Hodgson straight up.

Move Turris onto his wing, and it'd be a great 2nd line for years to come.

That being said, the organization has stressed repeatedly that Foligno is part of the leadership core of this team, so I doubt they would be willing to part with him for anything other than an overpayment.

__________________
No, I'm not a girl. Stop asking!
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBlQ4ybRWH8
PatrickEaves is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 03:42 PM
  #189
Ohhh Franco
Registered User
 
Ohhh Franco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrePetersson View Post
I know there are people that would disagree, but I'd do a trade for Hodgson straight up.

Move Turris onto his wing, and it'd be a great 2nd line for years to come.

That being said, the organization has stressed repeatedly that Foligno is part of the leadership core of this team, so I doubt they would be willing to part with him for anything other than an overpayment.
Hodgson straight up would be a coup.

Again, more hyperbole regarding Foligno being part of the leadership group. Quotes? References?

Ohhh Franco is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 04:14 PM
  #190
Sens Rule
Registered User
 
Sens Rule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,091
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smitty26 View Post
Hodgson.......
I wouldn't do it. Foligno is better now and more proven and not much older.

Don't understand why we would want to trade Foligno. Don't we need secondary scoring?

ES points this season:

Spezza 52
Karlsson 43
Foligno 38
Alfredsson 37
Michalek 33
Greening 24
Neil 20
Smith 20

Do we really want to move Foligno at all? He hits, he agitates he is unafraid to be in the crease and he provides secondary or tertiary scoring. He is 17th in ES points among LW in the NHL (above Ovechkin!!!) 34th overall in points by LW.

How are we going to replace that production?

Foligno is the most undervalued Sens asset. Everyone keeps wanting to trade him. We shouldn't and won't.


Last edited by Sens Rule: 03-16-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Sens Rule is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 04:36 PM
  #191
Legend Killer
Registered User
 
Legend Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Rule View Post
I wouldn't do it. Foligno is better now and more proven and not much older.

Don't understand why we would want to trade Foligno. Don't we need secondary scoring?

ES points this season:

Spezza 52
Karlsson 43
Foligno 38
Alfredsson 37
Michalek 33
Greening 24
Neil 20
Smith 20

Do we really want to move Foligno at all? He hits, he agitates he is unafraid to be in the crease and he provides secondary or tertiary scoring. He is 17th in ES points among LW in the NHL (above Ovechkin!!!) 34th overall in points by LW.

How are we going to replace that production?

Foligno is the most undervalued Sens asset. Everyone keeps wanting to trade him. We shouldn't and won't.
Some here would think he is easily replaceable by Daugavins or Klinkhammer....

Legend Killer is offline  
Old
03-16-2012, 10:01 PM
  #192
Smitty26
Registered User
 
Smitty26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 883
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens Rule View Post
I wouldn't do it. Foligno is better now and more proven and not much older.

Don't understand why we would want to trade Foligno. Don't we need secondary scoring?

ES points this season:

Spezza 52
Karlsson 43
Foligno 38
Alfredsson 37
Michalek 33
Greening 24
Neil 20
Smith 20

Do we really want to move Foligno at all? He hits, he agitates he is unafraid to be in the crease and he provides secondary or tertiary scoring. He is 17th in ES points among LW in the NHL (above Ovechkin!!!) 34th overall in points by LW.

How are we going to replace that production?

Foligno is the most undervalued Sens asset. Everyone keeps wanting to trade him. We shouldn't and won't.
read my post after the one you quoted,

Smitty26 is offline  
Old
03-17-2012, 12:34 AM
  #193
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21,442
vCash: 50
Stafford for Foligno.

Straight up. Or Foligno+1st for your first.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
03-17-2012, 04:49 AM
  #194
Icelevel
little bit better
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,929
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
To think we selected Chris Wideman 4 spots ahead of Marcus... would have loved to have had both brothers...
Yes that was a mistake.

Icelevel is offline  
Old
03-17-2012, 06:42 AM
  #195
trentmccleary
Registered User
 
trentmccleary's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Alfie-Ville
Posts: 18,793
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Potentially Foligno + OTT 1st for BUF 1st

I think the org likes Foligno but at some point they may not be that unwilling to move him. He is having a pretty decent season though.
Foligno and the 20th overall for the 10th overall?

That sucks!

10th Overall
2009 Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson
2008 Cody Hodgson
2007 Keaton Ellerby
2006 Michael Frolik
2005 Luc Bourdon
2004 Boris Valabik
2003 Andrei Kostitsyn
2002 Eric Nystrom
2001 Dan Blackburn
2000 Mikhail Yakubov
1999 Branislav Mezei
1998 Nikolai Antropov
1997 Brad Ference
1996 Lance Ward
1995 Radek Dvorak
1994 Nolan Baumgartner
1993 Jocelyn Thibault
1992 Andrei Nazarov
1991 Martin Lapointe
1990 Drake Berehowsky

I wouldn't have accepted most of those guys for Foligno.

trentmccleary is online now  
Old
03-17-2012, 12:17 PM
  #196
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21,442
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by trentmccleary View Post
Foligno and the 20th overall for the 10th overall?

That sucks!

10th Overall
2009 Magnus Paajarvi-Svensson
2008 Cody Hodgson
2007 Keaton Ellerby
2006 Michael Frolik
2005 Luc Bourdon
2004 Boris Valabik
2003 Andrei Kostitsyn
2002 Eric Nystrom
2001 Dan Blackburn
2000 Mikhail Yakubov
1999 Branislav Mezei
1998 Nikolai Antropov
1997 Brad Ference
1996 Lance Ward
1995 Radek Dvorak
1994 Nolan Baumgartner
1993 Jocelyn Thibault
1992 Andrei Nazarov
1991 Martin Lapointe
1990 Drake Berehowsky

I wouldn't have accepted most of those guys for Foligno.
This is a deeper top 10 draft than recent years.

Yakupov
Grigorenko
Galchenyuk
Dumba
Murray
Forsberg
Ceci
Rielly
Trouba
Rienhart
Collberg

Getting a guy like Ceci out of this years draft would be a bigg pick-up.

Plus, I still think i would prefer and COULD see a deal like Stafford for Foligno.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
03-17-2012, 12:21 PM
  #197
The Turret
Jävla grisapa!
 
The Turret's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Stockholm
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,974
vCash: 500
Leave Nicky alone!!

The Turret is offline  
Old
03-17-2012, 12:33 PM
  #198
Legend Killer
Registered User
 
Legend Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3,488
vCash: 1263
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
This is a deeper top 10 draft than recent years.

Yakupov
Grigorenko
Galchenyuk
Dumba
Murray
Forsberg
Ceci
Rielly
Trouba
Rienhart
Collberg

Getting a guy like Ceci out of this years draft would be a bigg pick-up.

Plus, I still think i would prefer and COULD see a deal like Stafford for Foligno.
And if Stafford produces what he is now(which is less than Foligno) making 4M per for the next 3 years you would be happy???

Legend Killer is offline  
Old
03-17-2012, 12:41 PM
  #199
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek
 
ReginKarlssonLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 21,442
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post
And if Stafford produces what he is now(which is less than Foligno) making 4M per for the next 3 years you would be happy???
Stafford fits our team mold more, is a better goalscorer and has higher potential than Foligno.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline  
Old
03-17-2012, 01:03 PM
  #200
BrawlFan
Registered User
 
BrawlFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,726
vCash: 500
Nicki is soooo underated. He's nasty, fun, and edgy. He's the kind of player you want when he plays against you. Don't you guys remember the thing he did to Phaneuf? The way he hipchecked/fough him. Or how about when Da Costa got Da boomed he was the first guy who goes for the fight. Finally remember when he played Vancouver and just demolished the whole team and then fought THEIR tough guy and still won the fight. Not to mention last night where on camera he basically punked off a hab

I dont know about u guys but I dont wanna go back to the days of letting the Leafs getting physical, chirpy, and dominating us and the Sens being too above it to respond.

I love the attitude Nicki has and love the edgy play. make him a 40 pter and a guy who is clearly community first and I'd say he's a key player. Leave him the **** alone

BrawlFan is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:26 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.