HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Molodezhnaya Hokkeinaya Liga (MHL) - Part II

View Poll Results: Does the MHL need a NEW thread for the 2013/2014 season?
Yes, it would be more convinient 1 25.00%
No, lets keep everything in one place 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old
02-24-2013, 09:24 AM
cska78

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Ladya and Olimpia are going to meet too early, both teams, I thought, had a chance to win the tournament.

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 11:35 AM
ozo

Send a message via Skype™ to ozo
Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
why do you say Omsk MHL-b side has no upside? it's the same as Kazan - MHL-A feeder team. Also Lieapaya has way more "older" players than Omsk
I guess we are going to disagree, but look at the core of the both teams, yes on average Omsk looks young but actually a lot of younger and more talanted kids saw MHLB action in last three or so games only. But the main thing that there is an actual rotation of players between Kazan teams so you can say there's a system is in place, not so much the case with Omsk.

Look at the U17 scoring table:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/league...tion=&sort=u17

These Irbis kids have a future, if you are an older player already and only scoring a PPG in this league, you basically have no upside at Avangard level, (the whole MHLA roster is in front of you already). Quality kid like Ugolnikov saw only three games at the end of the season and had three goals in those games, but he spent all season in some local region tournament, while this roster assembled local kids who previously were already written off and played in various leagues over the globe.

Also as much as I would love to liken LM to Avangard, both teams simply have different magnitudes and player resources at their disposal

ozo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 11:41 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Look at the U17 scoring table:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/league...tion=&sort=u17
EP is not ideal source of KHL, VHL, MHL stats. Use league´s stats.

vorky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 11:52 AM
ozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
EP is not ideal source of KHL, VHL, MHL stats. Use league´s stats.
Show me a mistake in those EP stats and the write something like that.

Old
02-24-2013, 11:56 AM
ozo

Anyway, HK Juniors got their ***** whooped today, and LM2 took second game from Omsk as well.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:05 PM
cska78

Omsk also plays in JHL, right? how about they have the money, and are given their kids extra 2-3 years of hockey to play.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:06 PM
cska78

Also, don't forget, that Kazan' poaches prospects from less fortunate teams, and Omsk does it to much lesser degree.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:16 PM
ozo

Quote:
Omsk also plays in JHL, right? how about they have the money, and are given their kids extra 2-3 years of hockey to play.
That's fair enough assessment, because it looks very true.

Old
02-24-2013, 12:22 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozo View Post
Show me a mistake in those EP stats and the write something like that.
http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=10946
Filip Lüley (G) is not a player of Baltika anymore. And I can go on, but dont want to spend my time by reparing EP´s mistakes. EP is no reliable source about KHL, VHL, MHL. Yes, they are good source for Sweden.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:10 PM
ozo

Quote:
http://www.eliteprospects.com/team.php?team=10946
Filip Lüley (G) is not a player of Baltika anymore. And I can go on, but dont want to spend my time by reparing EP´s mistakes. EP is no reliable source about KHL, VHL, MHL. Yes, they are good source for Sweden.
So you don't have anything to say about actual stats I posted, right? I thought you will give some factual errors, like wrong birthdates, or even worse wrong stats, or something really constructive that would make my argument in that post invalid.

But no, you had to go to laughable roster, to find some random goalie, who doesn't play there anymore. Who cares, that team isn't relevant not only in this discussion nor it matters anywhere else. Baltika season is over, so no one plays there anymore, they will compile a new roster bums next year. Hate that team, at least Berdsk did this stuff properly, credit where credit's due.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:16 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

ozo
not my problem you dont get the point. It is not about Batlika roster

Old
02-24-2013, 01:47 PM
ozo

Quote:
ozo
not my problem you dont get the point. It is not about Batlika roster
If your point is not about the point(s) I'm making, then next time, please, don't quote my post in the first place. Thank you.

Old
02-24-2013, 01:53 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
So you don't have anything to say about actual stats I posted, right? I thought you will give some factual errors, like wrong birthdates, or even worse wrong stats, or something really constructive that would make my argument in that post invalid.

But no, you had to go to laughable roster, to find some random goalie, who doesn't play there anymore. Who cares, that team isn't relevant not only in this discussion nor it matters anywhere else. Baltika season is over, so no one plays there anymore, they will compile a new roster bums next year. Hate that team, at least Berdsk did this stuff properly, credit where credit's due.
To be honest I also don't see how Yastreby Omsk is a team that has no point. One eldest player there is 1992 born, the team's core is 1995 kids.

Second and fourth best scorers are 1995 born, didn't look further down but it's not like they are playing small roles. Sure they don't have Homjakovs (probably because their Homjakovs is already in MHL A) but their roster isn't that far away from what Juniors or Irbis Kazan are having... It's not like there's a ton of players born 92, all allowed 91 born and etc.

Liepāja haas done well and, of course, their resources are not the same as what top KHL clubs have (also do not forget that Liepāja too poaches players from both Lithuania and smaller local hockey schools, just like Riga )

Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 01:58 PM
ozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
To be honest I also don't see how Yastreby Omsk is a team that has no point. One eldest player there is 1992 born, the team's core is 1995 kids.

Second and fourth best scorers are 1995 born, didn't look further down but it's not like they are playing small roles. Sure they don't have Homjakovs (probably because their Homjakovs is already in MHL A) but their roster isn't that far away from what Juniors or Irbis Kazan are having... It's not like there's a ton of players born 92, all allowed 91 born and etc.
Obviously, I made it sound bleaker than I should of, but still. In in order to make it at the pro level you have to be making some sort of impact in MHL A at the age of 18 already, especially if you are playing for such a fantastic organization like Omsk.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:16 PM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
Obviously, I made it sound bleaker than I should of, but still. In in order to make it at the pro level you have to be making some sort of impact in MHL A at the age of 18 already, especially if you are playing for such a fantastic organization like Omsk.
Well, one could say some players do not develop at the same rate and such things + I guess (or not?) this team also prepares players for the Omsk farm club, so there could be that option.

What I did not realy figure out this season though is not even Baltica. At least some Lithuanians played there, some Latvians, some other internationals... the friendship of peoples' and such, and Lithuania after all knows what hockey is and plays it at a certain level.

But... then we come to such an interesting club as Platina Chisinau. You take 30 Russians pretty much with no future in hockey and bring them to Moldova where hockey does not exist to be thrashed by everyone during the regular season (during the regular season got 1 overtime win and 50-291 goal difference...) If I was a conspiracy theorist I'd say someone didn't like those 30 Russians that much and sent them to Moldova as a punishment for something... Now, WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THIS CLUB I WONDER?? Was it some oligarch in Moldova who liked Kharlamov in his youth and had his hockey dream, or was this some kind of ''underrated'' hockey parents' union that couldn't get their kids on MHL B teams' rosters so decided to unite and create a club in Moldova for all the hopefuls to play.....

I wonder who gained anything from this affair? Though probably somebody at MHL got some money out of this affair, but this team wasn't much about hockey, was it?

Latgale_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-24-2013, 02:31 PM
ozo

yes, Chisinau is a wonderful thing. Who knows how's everything going down there, but towards the of the season they acquired couple of somewhat decent players which earned that point fair and square.

They have some more hockey down there in Moldova for sure. They should "fake" their national championship, and after two years they could have themselves a national team on the basis on this roster. Nothing spectacular, but not nearly the worst roster in the world.

Old
02-24-2013, 02:34 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THIS CLUB I WONDER??
Ask both head of state of Moldova and Russia.

Old
02-25-2013, 07:11 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
Well, one could say some players do not develop at the same rate and such things + I guess (or not?) this team also prepares players for the Omsk farm club, so there could be that option.

What I did not realy figure out this season though is not even Baltica. At least some Lithuanians played there, some Latvians, some other internationals... the friendship of peoples' and such, and Lithuania after all knows what hockey is and plays it at a certain level.

But... then we come to such an interesting club as Platina Chisinau. You take 30 Russians pretty much with no future in hockey and bring them to Moldova where hockey does not exist to be thrashed by everyone during the regular season (during the regular season got 1 overtime win and 50-291 goal difference...) If I was a conspiracy theorist I'd say someone didn't like those 30 Russians that much and sent them to Moldova as a punishment for something... Now, WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THIS CLUB I WONDER?? Was it some oligarch in Moldova who liked Kharlamov in his youth and had his hockey dream, or was this some kind of ''underrated'' hockey parents' union that couldn't get their kids on MHL B teams' rosters so decided to unite and create a club in Moldova for all the hopefuls to play.....

I wonder who gained anything from this affair? Though probably somebody at MHL got some money out of this affair, but this team wasn't much about hockey, was it?
yes, in Moldova there's one guy who l ikes hockey, he begged Efimov to let them in, so he can have a toy-team. Unless they can invest into better players, I think this project will be dead soon

Old
02-27-2013, 06:30 AM
cska78

and Omsk takes the first home game from Lieapaya.

Old
02-27-2013, 07:42 AM
ozo

Quote:
and Omsk takes the first home game from Lieapaya.
As I said in post #527, that Ugolnikov kid is a beast, can't see why Omsk kept him hidden somewhere. he definitely will be in MHL-A next season.

Old
02-27-2013, 08:09 AM
cska78

Quote:
As I said in post #527, that Ugolnikov kid is a beast, can't see why Omsk kept him hidden somewhere. he definitely will be in MHL-A next season.
he's only 96...for Omsk the goal for juniors is School (ДЮСШ) - MHL-B - MHL-A

Old
02-27-2013, 10:02 AM
ozo

Quote:
he's only 96...for Omsk the goal for juniors is School (ДЮСШ) - MHL-B - MHL-A
I can't say I understand you meant with the second part of the sentence. Still, that kid has potential.

Old
02-27-2013, 10:25 AM
SoundAndFury

Quote:
I can't say I understand you meant with the second part of the sentence. Still, that kid has potential.
He meant that player goes from school (ДЮСШ) to MHL-B, then to MHL-A. The way Omsk sees it one has to go through all these steps.

SoundAndFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 10:38 AM
ozo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundAndFury View Post
He meant that player goes from school (ДЮСШ) to MHL-B, then to MHL-A. The way Omsk sees it one has to go through all these steps.
Well, but in this case it seems that he will kinda miss out on MHL-B, because for sure he'll be playing in MHL-A next season. Kinda pointless to pay for this team, if the players with the most potential doesn't need this team, no?

Anyway, will see what happens in summer, with this huge realignment, maybe Omsk will have both team what now is MHL-A. Who knows?

Old
02-28-2013, 05:33 AM
cska78

omsk wins in SO again, lol