HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Molodezhnaya Hokkeinaya Liga (MHL) - Part II

View Poll Results: Does the MHL need a NEW thread for the 2013/2014 season?
Yes, it would be more convinient 1 25.00%
No, lets keep everything in one place 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
04-27-2012, 09:41 AM
cska78

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Buran and Belgorod are from RHL (former first league), Dmitrov had a team in Vyshaya Liga, that went bankrupt in 09 (correct me if the date is wrong), and they have decided to have a team in the MHL-B as of next season.

Old
04-27-2012, 09:42 AM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorz View Post
It is, but do you really want me to repeat that phrase which pops up from time to time on this board?
something like: this is Russia?

Old
04-27-2012, 09:55 AM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
something like: this is Russia?
yeah and everything is possible there

Old
04-27-2012, 10:04 AM
cska78

Quote:
Buran and Belgorod are from RHL (former first league), Dmitrov had a team in Vyshaya Liga, that went bankrupt in 09 (correct me if the date is wrong), and they have decided to have a team in the MHL-B as of next season.
the interesting aspect is that Yrasolavl' was planning to have Loko play in Dmitrov in the MHL as well...we'll see

Old
04-27-2012, 12:05 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Antonov confirmed on twitter that Energie will play MHL A

Old
04-27-2012, 12:39 PM
cska78

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
Antonov confirmed on twitter that Energie will play MHL A
on which ground?

Old
04-27-2012, 12:54 PM
Fulcrum

Energie joining- This is a great thing. It's a good club with history and traditions. Just want to say welcome to all the Czech fans, hopefully you will enjoy the league.

Hopefully this partnership will help with unnecessary migration of players to CHL.

Old
04-27-2012, 12:58 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
on which ground?
sorry, I dont undestand you..
here it is https://twitter.com/#!/AAntonov_MHL

Old
04-28-2012, 06:09 AM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
that's what I thought, but it's still kinda fishy...
I don't necessarily see anything fishy there IF TATRANSKI VLCI ceize to exist. After all if LEV moves to Prague, their MHL team (presumably Energia is the far club/junior club of LEV) can move too...
If Vlci stay in the league as a junior club of, say, Slovan, it would raise more questions for me as it was said that MHL A is and will be 32 teams...

But in any case I support that KHL clubs would automatically have junior clubs in MHL A. I know it might not be possible in future but, if MHL B competition doesn't increase, there will be no use for a KHL club to play its juniors in MHL B... this year already candidates for NT Latvia Bukarts (who also became topscorer in Spengler Cup and already has 3 goals for NT in WC) and Indrašis played in MHL. If Riga got relegated, what wouls they gain in MHL B... It's lightyears behind MHL level...

So I don't really like relegation at all in MHL A... or in total I've never been a believer of open leagues, I think it's a nice idea but in reality it can't really work (see EPL, for example or Spanish league or whatever, clubs don't gain anything from it... Elitserien is one great example but if they had 16 teams in the top league, it'd be the same... bad teams would be replaced by other bad teams and they'd never be able to develop any further as they'd always fear of playing lower level hockey next season....)

Old
04-28-2012, 07:44 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latgale_fan View Post
So I don't really like relegation at all in MHL A... or in total I've never been a believer of open leagues, I think it's a nice idea but in reality it can't really work (see EPL, for example or Spanish league or whatever, clubs don't gain anything from it... Elitserien is one great example but if they had 16 teams in the top league, it'd be the same... bad teams would be replaced by other bad teams and they'd never be able to develop any further as they'd always fear of playing lower level hockey next season....)
I won't comment on relegation in relation to the MHL, as i don't know the implications financially of such a system, nor do i know the situation of many of the Junior teams.

However, relegation as a system in the EPL (and other leagues) works very well. It's asinine to suggest otherwise. If you close the EPL, you destroy the entire system. You create a tier of 20, who are guaranteed large sums of capital year on year, whilst the rest will never have that, have little incentive to develop players/academies beyond their limitations competition wise, and you'd see the tier below the elite slowly die.

Manchester City were in tier 3 of English football a decade ago. Middlesborough were in the Europa Cup final a few seasons ago, and now live in Tier 2, as do former Champions league winners Nottingham Forrest. Big teams like Newcastle, West Ham have been relegated recently, whilst a team like Reading promotes this year (and has a 30k stadium, bigger than various stadia in the premiership today). An open system works. Many clubs gain from it.

Personally i believe the open league format as helped Swedish hockey tremendously. Various teams from SEL-2 have excellent youth acadamies, and there are many big markets in the second tier. It creates competition and incentive for those markets to improve themselves.

Again, i don't profess to know whether such a system is good for Russian Junior hockey, but you categotically wrong in your other asusmptions.

Old
04-28-2012, 09:26 AM
zorz

Quote:
I don't necessarily see anything fishy there IF TATRANSKI VLCI ceize to exist. After all if LEV moves to Prague, their MHL team (presumably Energia is the far club/junior club of LEV) can move too...
If Vlci stay in the league as a junior club of, say, Slovan, it would raise more questions for me as it was said that MHL A is and will be 32 teams...

But in any case I support that KHL clubs would automatically have junior clubs in MHL A. I know it might not be possible in future but, if MHL B competition doesn't increase, there will be no use for a KHL club to play its juniors in MHL B... this year already candidates for NT Latvia Bukarts (who also became topscorer in Spengler Cup and already has 3 goals for NT in WC) and Indrašis played in MHL. If Riga got relegated, what wouls they gain in MHL B... It's lightyears behind MHL level...

That team belongs to Karlovy Vary of the czech league. It has nothing to do with HC Lev.

Old
04-28-2012, 09:27 AM
cska78

Quote:
Do you have a link that Energia is a MHL farm of LEV (Prague)? As far as I've heard - Lev weren't interested in having an MHL team; therefore, I was inquiring - how come they get direct spot in the MHL-A. Because if you follow the many precedents, where a third place from the lower league promotes to take a place of a team that has folded: should be Batyr.

Old
04-28-2012, 09:44 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

zorz and cska78 are right. Energie Karlovy Vary as MHL team has nothing to do with HC LEV Prague. Btw Tatranski Vlci is still MHL club (follow Antonov twitter). I see there the same scenario like KS last summer

Old
04-28-2012, 12:12 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Dmitrov -
Zaurale Kurgan - VHL club
HK Ryazan - VHL club
Buran Voronezh -
HK Belgorod -
Sputnik Nižniy Tagil - VHL club and Alexander Radulov

I dont know about rest of them
Buran should play VHL next season as well

Old
04-30-2012, 04:14 PM
IJKPrinciple

Well according to this:
http://tatranskivlci.eu/clanek.asp?i...-HK-Poprad-280

Vlci oh so hope HK Poprad would take them under their wing.
So lets say Vlci stays in MHL and Energie joins.
This scenario would mean that only 1 MHL-B team could join MHL-A for upcoming season (because of max number of teams at 32)

So either MHL representatives are 100 % sure Oktan or Kristall Berdsk will decline to be promoted to MHL-A or......

We'll just have to wait and see - this can be interesting...

Old
04-30-2012, 04:35 PM
zorz

Quote:
Originally Posted by IJKPrinciple View Post
Well according to this:
http://tatranskivlci.eu/clanek.asp?i...-HK-Poprad-280

Vlci oh so hope HK Poprad would take them under their wing.
So lets say Vlci stays in MHL and Energie joins.
This scenario would mean that only 1 MHL-B team could join MHL-A for upcoming season (because of max number of teams at 32)

So either MHL representatives are 100 % sure Oktan or Kristall Berdsk will decline to be promoted to MHL-A or......

We'll just have to wait and see - this can be interesting...
...or they will be given an offer they couldn't refuse

Old
05-01-2012, 08:25 AM
IJKPrinciple

New hockey jerseys of Red Stars for the upcoming IIHF U20 Challenge Cup of Asia:

Looking good.

Source: http://mhl.khl.ru/news/index.php?ELEMENT_ID=137257

Old
05-01-2012, 08:42 AM
zorz

just out of curiosity, why does MHL name their select team "red stars"? I think they could come up with a better name, this sounds like it was a reference to something from the past.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:17 AM
cska78

Quote:
just out of curiosity, why does MHL name their select team "red stars"? I think they could come up with a better name, this sounds like it was a reference to something from the past.
my guess it is, for NA trips association with Red Army.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:30 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

I think it is good marketing thing to call it Red Army. Red Army is brand in NA, everyone knows what coutry it comes from. So, it is easier for promotion. Red Army is created escepacially to play exibition games in NA.

Old
05-01-2012, 09:36 AM
zorz

well I'm not entirely sure if I like that the league where is going to be czech club wants to be associated with communism in 2012, but that's almost off topic, so that's all I'm going to say.

Old
05-01-2012, 11:01 AM
cska78

Quote:
well I'm not entirely sure if I like that the league where is going to be czech club wants to be associated with communism in 2012, but that's almost off topic, so that's all I'm going to say.
has nothing to do with communism, rather a recognizable name for an average Joe.

Old
05-10-2012, 09:51 AM
Latgale_fan

Quote:
I think it is good marketing thing to call it Red Army. Red Army is brand in NA, everyone knows what coutry it comes from. So, it is easier for promotion. Red Army is created escepacially to play exibition games in NA.
Well that's INTERESTING when you have Latvians on the roster from HK Riga whose ancestors fought for Waffen SS........

Btw Sprukts will play for CSKA next year, I believe his grandfather was in Latvian Legion too... ah the history and politics. Lithuanian basketball fans used to say "better a daughter prostitute than a son in CSKA'' but well, in reality, modern CSKA or ''Red Stars" have as much to do with communism and Soviet army as Belgrade "Crvena Zvezda" football club...

These are just brand names now. I personally don't bother much about this but I know some Latvians who do so I understand ''zorz'' position in that matter.

Old
05-10-2012, 06:09 PM
cska78

Количество возрастов, имеющих право принимать участие в чемпионате МХЛ, снизили на год, получив схему "с 17 до 20 лет". Потому что, когда тебе стукнуло 21, нужно выступать в КХЛ, высшей или студенческой лиге. Кроме того, турнир поделят по принципу Запад - Восток. Потому что в этом возрасте ребята должны не жить в самолетах и гнаться за количеством матчей за сезон, а ездить друг к другу в гости на автобусе и иметь много времени для тренировок.

Ну а для тех, кто не пробьется в МХЛ, федерация запустит юниорские чемпионаты страны.

great news, no more 21-22 yo! bingo!

Old
05-10-2012, 06:19 PM
cska78

does it mean, that the next year the oldes age will be 92?

Closed Thread