HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kostitsyn + Plekanec to Nashville

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2012, 02:11 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
Ok, so he didn't actually say those exact words, you were just quoting the article. That's why I was confused. But of course Poile hasn't been contacted by Radulov about wanting to come back. Why would Radulov do that when he's in the middle of a KHL season? The timing isn't right for that.

The rumblings of Radulov coming back to the NHL come from the Russian side, not Poile. Radulov made it a point to say he has an out clause in his contract. He also said that he has accomplished everything there is in the KHL, and that his trophy collection has a big hole in it - the Stanley Cup.

Old
02-27-2012, 04:23 AM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

I'd do Kosty + Pleks for Blum, Smith, and a pick... Probably.

I'd have to think long and hard about moving Plekachu tho

Old
02-27-2012, 06:00 AM
Sumoki Dachiba

Excuse me while I at anyone who thinks "Pacioretty plus" is a starting point for Radulov.
This year Max is on a pace to easily beat Radulov's best totals for goals and points (probably would have last year too). Yes, Radulov was a couple years younger when he put up his best season but Pacioretty is a developing power forward who actually plays in the NHL and will for the foreseeable future whereas Radulov at this point is a pipe-dream.
If Radulov was already on the plane over from Russia to come back to the NHL a straight up deal for Pacioretty might be reasonable but I still wouldn't do it if I was the Hab's GM.
Maybe it's just me who doesn't buy the 'Radulove' or maybe I'm just old enough to remember other examples of "the best player outside of the NHL" and how they turned out when they rocked up to the NHL expecting to be superstars.

Edit: To stay on topic, yes A. Kostitsyn for Radulov's rights is probably a good deal for both sides. I don't see Montreal dealing Plekanec anytime soon though.

Old
02-27-2012, 07:03 AM
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumoki Dachiba View Post
Edit: To stay on topic, yes A. Kostitsyn for Radulov's rights is probably a good deal for both sides. I don't see Montreal dealing Plekanec anytime soon though.
no way

Old
02-27-2012, 07:12 AM
Sumoki Dachiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
no way
good post, thanks for the input

Old
02-27-2012, 07:46 AM
powerstuck
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunosevigny View Post
Rad's returning to the NHL is still a HUGE gamble. Avanguard Omsk are rumoring to offering him 10M/year to compensate the loss of Jagr. I don't know the name of the source but it is a Canadian guy living in moscow and scouting the KHL to open a broadcasting KHL thing. It was aired on RDS (TSN french franchise) this week, and the guy said Radulov is most likely to stay in Russia than to come back in the NHL!
As far as I am concerned, they probably took something 3 years old and translated it so it would fit with Radulov in MTL rumors.

Old
02-27-2012, 07:51 AM
powerstuck
User Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumoki Dachiba View Post
Excuse me while I at anyone who thinks "Pacioretty plus" is a starting point for Radulov.
This year Max is on a pace to easily beat Radulov's best totals for goals and points (probably would have last year too). Yes, Radulov was a couple years younger when he put up his best season but Pacioretty is a developing power forward who actually plays in the NHL and will for the foreseeable future whereas Radulov at this point is a pipe-dream.
If Radulov was already on the plane over from Russia to come back to the NHL a straight up deal for Pacioretty might be reasonable but I still wouldn't do it if I was the Hab's GM.
Maybe it's just me who doesn't buy the 'Radulove' or maybe I'm just old enough to remember other examples of "the best player outside of the NHL" and how they turned out when they rocked up to the NHL expecting to be superstars.

You can't expect to pay a low price for a player and be the guy thats jumping on his chair hands up yelling ''Pick me pick me pick me'' in the race to get the said player (if race there is).

Don't get too excited. It's trade deadline and if players like Nash and Kostytin have not moved already, it is because either a) Asking price is too high or b) Paying price is too low.

Old
02-27-2012, 09:26 AM
SpeedDemon

vCash: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
Wilson + Blum + 1st for TP + AK.

Breakdown is 1st for AK, Wilson + Blum for TP.
I'm okay with parting with Blum (the emergence of Ellis makes me somewhat at ease)

Not sure about giving up a 1st and a young guy in Wilson for an older player like Plekanec (bit of a lengthy contract) especially given Wilson's versatility (can play wing or center) I'd be more inclined to deal Legwand and not be stacked at center. Although if the preds can't re-sign Fisher, Pleks might be able to slide into that role as a top line center.

Old
02-27-2012, 09:31 AM
alpine4life

I dont have a clue what it would take for Plecs but apparently Kostitsyn just been traded to NAS...

Old
02-27-2012, 09:37 AM
ColePens
Global Moderator
Your Savior

Send a message via AIM to ColePens
Deal for ak is done. See stickied thread

Closed Thread