HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Tweet by Armstrong's brother (Riley Armstrong)

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
No one likes my picture .
It should be Eakins.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:21 PM
number72

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmycarter View Post
1) player should be self-motivated.
2) yes fire is gone time for a change
3) glad they booed those bums off the ice.
This was the same excuse people said when the team eradicated the blue and white disease of antro, poni, stajan....etc.
90% of the roster churned and the biggest constant is Wilson coaching a half inspired leaf team.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:22 PM
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by number72 View Post
This was the same excuse people said when the team eradicated the blue and white disease of antro, poni, stajan....etc.
90% of the roster churned and the biggest constant is Wilson.
Trouble is Burke won't fire Wilson, so we are stuck with a mediocre coach unless ownership steps in.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:24 PM
thewave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownieLeafer View Post
Trouble is Burke won't fire Wilson, so we are stuck with a mediocre coach unless ownership steps in.
If ownership is smart they step in regardless after the trade deadline. Clear house if need be, the season is pretty much lost under this system.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
Are you serious?
Yes

Someone said "the best thing for Colby would be being traded to a contender."

Then Riley said

@Toronto_John63 ya it would be nice to see but only time will tell see what happens tomorrow

Old
02-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
It should be Eakins.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:25 PM
Darylman

What do you want Wilson to say? Do you want him to have 82 different motivational speeches prepared?

Come on people. It's up to the leadership group OF THE TEAM to get the guys going. If the coach can contribute that's great, but his primary responsibility is strategic. I don't understand how players could need a coach to tell them how important a game is, when the standings are sitting right in front of them on a board.

Phaneuf needs to take a long hard look at himself and his play. He needs to stop acting so casual out there. Pull up your socks and be jacked from the moment the puck drops, and THE TEAM WILL FOLLOW SUIT.

Skate around lazily and do nothing to prevent a wraparound attempt inspires confidence in exactly no one, goalie included.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Chandrashekhar Limit
ORANJE 4 LYFE

He's 100% correct.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:28 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Yes

Someone said "the best thing for Colby would be being traded to a contender."

Then Riley said

@Toronto_John63 ya it would be nice to see but only time will tell see what happens tomorrow
what a goof, maybe he should realize his brother's china doll syndrome since signing here and his sub-par play have likely lead to very little interest in him, despite the report on Hot Stove

Old
02-26-2012, 01:28 PM
andrewmn

I read about 5-6 columns today that called for Wilson's termination.
Chants of "Fire Wilson" at the ACC

You can't open a thread around here that doesn't have at least 10 mentions of getting rid of Wilson.

Yet Armstrong's brother tweeting an innocuous message about losing the team is volatile?

Give me a break.. Only in Toronto could "media traction" of this tweet be considered.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:29 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurt View Post
Better, Although you should pick a picture where he doesn't look like Voldemort.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:30 PM
pacdunes

is it motivation or coaching that prevents us from a single player effectively screening the goalie? I watch every game of the Coyotes and Sharks, and they have 1-2 players screening the goalie all game.

And a Bozak-screen, where he stands 3 feet to the side of the goalie, does not count.

Last edited by pacdunes: 02-26-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old
BudMaster17
Gap Inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darylman View Post
What do you want Wilson to say? Do you want him to have 82 different motivational speeches prepared?

Come on people. It's up to the leadership group OF THE TEAM to get the guys going. If the coach can contribute that's great, but his primary responsibility is strategic. I don't understand how players could need a coach to tell them how important a game is, when the standings are sitting right in front of them on a board.

Phaneuf needs to take a long hard look at himself and his play. He needs to stop acting so casual out there. Pull up your socks and be jacked from the moment the puck drops, and THE TEAM WILL FOLLOW SUIT.

Skate around lazily and do nothing to prevent a wraparound attempt inspires confidence in exactly no one, goalie included.
Ronnie is that you? If it is I've been dying to tell you..... Fukuyoupieceof****

If its not Ronnie, yes you are right the Hanta Ho speech is only good for the biggest game of the year. And defensive sound hockey never wins championships so why start now right? Oh yeah and I love how Rottin' Ronnie has never takin blame or ownership of anything wrong with the team in 4 years, it's alway been and forever will be the players. Why do players even need coaches? These guys are paid millions... They should coach themselves

Last edited by BudMaster17: 02-26-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Old
Erdinger

Still it's got to put Armstrong in a bad position in that dressing room if he isn't traded. Perhaps it's an indirect trade me demand by Colby.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Shak19

Riley Armstrong needs to stop making excuses for the subpar play of his brother.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Raging Bull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erdinger View Post
Still it's got to put Armstrong in a bad position in that dressing room if he isn't traded. Perhaps it's an indirect trade me demand by Colby.
He can just say "My brother is an idiot". Same type of thing as when Kaberle's dad mouthed off to the media.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:32 PM
Suntouchable13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
what a goof, maybe he should realize his brother's china doll syndrome since signing here and his sub-par play have likely lead to very little interest in him, despite the report on Hot Stove
Exactly. He has done NOTHING since coming here. Where is his leadership and grit? I don't see it.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:34 PM
Erdinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMaster17 View Post
Ronnie is that you? If it is I've been dying to tell you..... Fukuyoupieceof****
http://www.kfcquality.ca/Streetwise/....aspx?lang=en;)

Old
02-26-2012, 01:39 PM
leafspring*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
If an NHL player needs a coach to motivate them, they aren't much of a professional.
B.S.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:40 PM
ITM

Might be a little too simplistic given the Leafs' recent record but perhaps as mentioned by commentators last night but...Perhaps we could stop these needlessly odd "ceremonies"?

God bless, Johnny Bower,Dick Duff, Red Kelly,Bobby Baun,Eddie Shack et all...but inventing pride and tradition every three weeks as something relevant while our club struggles shows a real disregard for the on ice product.

It's like Leafs Nation is populated by a bunch of amnesiacs in need of incessant reminders of just how long it's been since we've had something to be proud of.

At any rate, and as ironic and sad as it is, seeing Eddie Shack slap George Armstrong's back encouraging him to belt out O Canada just as he and Baun were, was probably the most enjoyable thing about the evening.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Earth Rocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deebo View Post
If an NHL player needs a coach to motivate them, they aren't much of a professional.
How hard would you work for your boss is they blamed every mistake on you?

I had a boss like that once, Blamed me for misquoting a project I wasn't even on and we didn't get. I walked out while he was blaming me.

Old
02-26-2012, 01:43 PM
KuleminFan41

Sometimes you don't need to change the coach to spark something in the team. I'm all for Wilson staying or going but a trade is what this team needs to lit a fire under them imo. Alot of times that works

Old
Hurt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownieLeafer View Post
How hard would you work for your boss is they blamed every mistake on you?

I had a boss like that once, Blamed me for misquoting a project I wasn't even on and we didn't get. I walked out while he was blaming me.
While earning millions of dollars and having millions of adoring fans? Pretty damn hard.

Old
ITM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suntouchable13 View Post
Exactly. He has done NOTHING since coming here. Where is his leadership and grit? I don't see it.
The shelf life on players who employ that style isn't that long. Hopefully the club turns Armstrong into a pick...half glass full...

Old
02-26-2012, 01:46 PM
Guy Boucher

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitera View Post
money should be enough
Speaking from a purely scientific perspective, money is not a motivator. If anything, money is a de-motivator.

In fact, some studies show that when the task requires even a moderate amount of cognitive skill, larger rewards can lead to poorer performances.

Closed Thread