HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

List of candidates for GM and Coach Part II

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-30-2012, 12:35 AM
  #901
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
And none of them have tweeted or reported or announced or posted that anything of relevance at all was said at this press conference, so what exactly is your endgame here and why won't you let it go?
no end game...

What i said is right.

You and Mike are using "assumption"


Did you listen to the press conference? yes /no?


Do you got all the twitter feeds to the reporters who where there ?

Habaneros is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 12:41 AM
  #902
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
no end game...

What i said is right.

You and Mike are using "assumption"


Did you listen to the press conference? yes /no?


Do you got all the twitter feeds to the reporters who where there ?
Frankly, you're absurd. Are you really trying to claim that something happened at the press conference? That, say, Patrick Roy announced his interest in the GM role even? And that reporters just decided to omit reporting this?

Mike8 is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 12:45 AM
  #903
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Frankly, you're absurd. Are you really trying to claim that something happened at the press conference? That, say, Patrick Roy announced his interest in the GM role even? And that reporters just decided to omit reporting this?
How absurd am I?

You never listened to the press conference YET, you are sure enough to tell people what wasn't said in it ....

Mike did you listen to the press conference yes or no?


Again ,the pair of you never listened to it,but just take to assuming what happened in it ...


Your the guy who said to me "I'd rather not assume he's right" about the reporter stating Roy's new Montreal house.

Yet 10 mins later ,you take a huge assumption on a Roy press conference you never listened too.

Habaneros is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 12:57 AM
  #904
Mike8
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 11,093
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
How absurd am I?

You never listened to the press conference YET, you are sure enough to tell people what wasn't said in it ....

Mike did you listen to the press conference yes or no?


Again ,the pair of you never listened to it,but just take to assuming what happened in it ...


Your the guy who said to me "I'd rather not assume he's right" about the reporter stating Roy's new Montreal house.

Yet 10 mins later ,you take a huge assumption on a Roy press conference you never listened too.
You're right. That's the huge assumption. I assume that Montreal media would report if anything happened related to the GM position of the Canadiens and Roy. Just as I assume that it won't be -20 in July. I'm making all these lofty assumptions left and right here.

Mike8 is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 12:59 AM
  #905
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 32,889
vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
Again ,the pair of you never listened to it,but just take to assuming what happened in it ...
I didn't watch the Leafs game on TSN tonight, but judging from the 7-1 score in favor of Philly, I assume they didn't play well.

I didn't listen to the Roy press conference, but judging from the lack of follow-up reporting on it, I assume there wasn't anything worth hearing.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 01:08 AM
  #906
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I didn't watch the Leafs game on TSN tonight, but judging from the 7-1 score in favor of Philly, I assume they didn't play well.

I didn't listen to the Roy press conference, but judging from the lack of follow-up reporting on it, I assume there wasn't anything worth hearing.
with all due respect, looking at a 7-1 score , who needs to assume Toronto didn't play well...the score tells you all you need to know without watching.


Not listening to a press conference, and saying nothing of interests was said in it,because you never heard anything , is way different .



As i said you and Mike might end up right, but to just make an assumption of what was or wasn't said in a press conf without listening, on the matter of principle alone, isn't the right way ...

Habaneros is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 01:13 AM
  #907
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!
 
Gabe84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
with all due respect, looking at a 7-1 score , who needs to assume Toronto didn't play well...the score tells you all you need to know without watching.


Not listening to a press conference, and saying nothing of interests was said in it,because you never heard anything , is way different .



As i said you and Mike might end up right, but to just make an assumption of what was or wasn't said in a press conf without listening, on the matter of principle alone, isn't the right way ...
Had Roy dropped any, ANY hints of becoming the next GM or Coach, there would be 20 threads on it already.

His team was playing tonight and they won their series. Let's not get all geocentric and let's remember that there's a world outside of Montreal.

Also, I'm guessing that Roy isn't dumb enough to let any word out on this situation until his team's season is over. He is coach and GM. It would be pretty demoralizing for his young players to learn he's jumping ships next season at this very crucial moment of the (post) season.

Gabe84 is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 01:19 AM
  #908
macavoy
Registered User
 
macavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,311
vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
To me, Patrick Roy is as welcome in Montréal as Attila the Hun would have been in Paris.
lol @ attila the hun needing to be welcome where he goes

macavoy is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 01:23 AM
  #909
SB164
Registered User
 
SB164's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: MTL
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,717
vCash: 500
"Non-francophone": how about Jason Botterill, the assistant GM of Pittsburgh? Ray Shero has done a hell of a job, and I'm sure he has to credit Botterill for some of that success.

SB164 is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 01:24 AM
  #910
Teufelsdreck
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 14,077
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
Had Roy dropped any, ANY hints of becoming the next GM or Coach, there would be 20 threads on it already.

His team was playing tonight and they won their series. Let's not get all geocentric and let's remember that there's a world outside of Montreal.

Also, I'm guessing that Roy isn't dumb enough to let any word out on this situation until his team's season is over. He is coach and GM. It would be pretty demoralizing for his young players to learn he's jumping ships next season at this very crucial moment of the (post) season.
You give him too much credit. Didn't he quit on the Habs in the middle of a season? True, he was provoked, but that doesn't speak well for his emotional stability or his sense of responsibility to his team.

Teufelsdreck is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 01:53 AM
  #911
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 14,850
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
You give him too much credit. Didn't he quit on the Habs in the middle of a season? True, he was provoked, but that doesn't speak well for his emotional stability or his sense of responsibility to his team.
one could only hope of a human being capable of evolving over 17 years or so

ECWHSWI is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 01:58 AM
  #912
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,142
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
lol @ attila the hun needing to be welcome where he goes
Wouldn't he just hammer his way into a town? funny.

Player 61 is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 01:59 AM
  #913
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
You give him too much credit. Didn't he quit on the Habs in the middle of a season? True, he was provoked, but that doesn't speak well for his emotional stability or his sense of responsibility to his team.
well , he stuck with Avs ,Remparts , never did i once see him leave...lol

as you get older , you get wiser....most ..

I think most fans , now understand what happened that day, it was just a perfect storm ....of inexperience vs passion/pride

I mean if we go back on that day and Roy was yanked at 4-1 do we still got Roy?


...we got a 33 in the rafters,that says it's been understood.


Last edited by Habaneros: 03-30-2012 at 02:06 AM.
Habaneros is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 02:01 AM
  #914
Player 61
#Winning
 
Player 61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: West Island
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,142
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
one could only hope of a human being capable of evolving over 17 years or so
Yes a human can evolve, but I would like St-Patrick to apologize to the fans the Citizens of Montreal, who's hearts were broken.

If you want to evole & have a 2nd chance, then you say I'm sorry, that's enough for me, but need to hear it.

If he says I'm sorry, I can erase it.

Player 61 is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 02:33 AM
  #915
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,613
vCash: 500
Patrick Roy press conference (video)

english video ,enjoy


http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip648184#clip648184

Habaneros is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 02:53 AM
  #916
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan
 
Ivan13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Zagreb
Country: Croatia
Posts: 13,475
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
lol @ attila the hun needing to be welcome where he goes
Touche.

Ivan13 is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 06:05 AM
  #917
x74Pacioretty74x
Registered User
 
x74Pacioretty74x's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,923
vCash: 500
What did Roy say?

x74Pacioretty74x is online now  
Old
03-30-2012, 06:26 AM
  #918
PricePkPatch
Registered User
 
PricePkPatch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,420
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
To me, Patrick Roy is as welcome in Montréal as Attila the Hun would have been in Paris. He's like a fleur de lys to some but underneath, to borrow an analogy from Shakespeare, it's comparing a satyr to Hyperion. Who'll start a poll on when he is exiled like Gauthier?
If I remember right, I believe Attila was quite friendly with Western European royalty and nobility since he wad much more interested in conquering the Islamic Caliphates than the comparativaly poorer and more militaristic Catholics.

So I stand by your argument! He Is welcomed!

PricePkPatch is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 06:37 AM
  #919
Corncob
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,704
vCash: 500
"Breaking News: Attila The Hun takes over in Paris. Locals demanding to know can he fight and can he speak French?"

Corncob is online now  
Old
03-30-2012, 06:46 AM
  #920
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 46,972
vCash: 500
A great mix would be Brisebois and McGuire. Though you have to make Brisebois the GM 'cause he won't move laterally and that's fine with me. With such an advisor as McGuire, that will help him in that department. Now, Molson will have to throw a lot of money towards those guys 'cause if he wants Pierre to be an assistant GM, the money better be there. Though McGuire could see this as a way to go back in the game so to have experience and be a GM one day.

I wouldn't mind that duo. I keep hearing Damphousse's name and I cringe. I will give the guy the benefit of the doubt but that's the only name I won't particularly agree with.

My prediction? Brisebois - GM, Damphousse Asst-GM.


Last edited by Whitesnake: 03-30-2012 at 07:06 AM.
Whitesnake is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 07:16 AM
  #921
BLONG7
Registered User
 
BLONG7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Nova Scotia
Posts: 12,242
vCash: 500
Does Crosby still want to fulfill a dream and be Hab? Is this why his agent Pat Brisson is being talked about???

BLONG7 is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 07:55 AM
  #922
Theokritos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,666
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
If I remember right, I believe Attila was quite friendly with Western European royalty and nobility since he wad much more interested in conquering the Islamic Caliphates than the comparativaly poorer and more militaristic Catholics.
Attila (5th century) ≠ Möngke Khan (13th century).

Theokritos is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 07:56 AM
  #923
Balderis
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 25
vCash: 500
Nobody counts on Jacques Martin as a next GM?

Balderis is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 08:10 AM
  #924
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey
 
Pierre Dagenais's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,317
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
A great mix would be Brisebois and McGuire. Though you have to make Brisebois the GM 'cause he won't move laterally and that's fine with me. With such an advisor as McGuire, that will help him in that department. Now, Molson will have to throw a lot of money towards those guys 'cause if he wants Pierre to be an assistant GM, the money better be there. Though McGuire could see this as a way to go back in the game so to have experience and be a GM one day.

I wouldn't mind that duo. I keep hearing Damphousse's name and I cringe. I will give the guy the benefit of the doubt but that's the only name I won't particularly agree with.

My prediction? Brisebois - GM, Damphousse Asst-GM.
Brisebois - GM
Damphousse - Assistant GM
Hartley - Coach
Carbo - Assistant Coach

Would be even better if we had a 24/7 type documentary

"kessé ta faite dans vie toi"

Pierre Dagenais is offline  
Old
03-30-2012, 08:40 AM
  #925
Theokritos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,666
vCash: 500
How about a Coaching Dream Team? Something like:

Scotty Bowman - Head Coach
Jacques Lemaire - Assistant to Head Coach
Patrick Roy - Goaltender Coach
Larry Robinson - Defense Coach
Vincent Damphousse - Offense Coach
Serge Savard - Spin-o-rama Coach
Alexei Kovalyov - Dangling Coach
Geoff Molson - French Language Coach
...

Theokritos is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.