HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

List of candidates for GM and Coach Part II

Closed Thread

Old
03-30-2012, 12:35 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
And none of them have tweeted or reported or announced or posted that anything of relevance at all was said at this press conference, so what exactly is your endgame here and why won't you let it go?
no end game...

What i said is right.

You and Mike are using "assumption"

Did you listen to the press conference? yes /no?

Do you got all the twitter feeds to the reporters who where there ?

Old
03-30-2012, 12:41 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
no end game...

What i said is right.

You and Mike are using "assumption"

Did you listen to the press conference? yes /no?

Do you got all the twitter feeds to the reporters who where there ?
Frankly, you're absurd. Are you really trying to claim that something happened at the press conference? That, say, Patrick Roy announced his interest in the GM role even? And that reporters just decided to omit reporting this?

Old
03-30-2012, 12:45 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8 View Post
Frankly, you're absurd. Are you really trying to claim that something happened at the press conference? That, say, Patrick Roy announced his interest in the GM role even? And that reporters just decided to omit reporting this?
How absurd am I?

You never listened to the press conference YET, you are sure enough to tell people what wasn't said in it ....

Mike did you listen to the press conference yes or no?

Again ,the pair of you never listened to it,but just take to assuming what happened in it ...

Your the guy who said to me "I'd rather not assume he's right" about the reporter stating Roy's new Montreal house.

Yet 10 mins later ,you take a huge assumption on a Roy press conference you never listened too.

Old
03-30-2012, 12:57 AM
Mike8

Quote:
How absurd am I?

You never listened to the press conference YET, you are sure enough to tell people what wasn't said in it ....

Mike did you listen to the press conference yes or no?

Again ,the pair of you never listened to it,but just take to assuming what happened in it ...

Your the guy who said to me "I'd rather not assume he's right" about the reporter stating Roy's new Montreal house.

Yet 10 mins later ,you take a huge assumption on a Roy press conference you never listened too.
You're right. That's the huge assumption. I assume that Montreal media would report if anything happened related to the GM position of the Canadiens and Roy. Just as I assume that it won't be -20 in July. I'm making all these lofty assumptions left and right here.

Old
03-30-2012, 12:59 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
I didn't watch the Leafs game on TSN tonight, but judging from the 7-1 score in favor of Philly, I assume they didn't play well.

I didn't listen to the Roy press conference, but judging from the lack of follow-up reporting on it, I assume there wasn't anything worth hearing.

Old
03-30-2012, 01:08 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I didn't watch the Leafs game on TSN tonight, but judging from the 7-1 score in favor of Philly, I assume they didn't play well.

I didn't listen to the Roy press conference, but judging from the lack of follow-up reporting on it, I assume there wasn't anything worth hearing.
with all due respect, looking at a 7-1 score , who needs to assume Toronto didn't play well...the score tells you all you need to know without watching.

Not listening to a press conference, and saying nothing of interests was said in it,because you never heard anything , is way different .

As i said you and Mike might end up right, but to just make an assumption of what was or wasn't said in a press conf without listening, on the matter of principle alone, isn't the right way ...

Old
03-30-2012, 01:13 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
with all due respect, looking at a 7-1 score , who needs to assume Toronto didn't play well...the score tells you all you need to know without watching.

Not listening to a press conference, and saying nothing of interests was said in it,because you never heard anything , is way different .

As i said you and Mike might end up right, but to just make an assumption of what was or wasn't said in a press conf without listening, on the matter of principle alone, isn't the right way ...
Had Roy dropped any, ANY hints of becoming the next GM or Coach, there would be 20 threads on it already.

His team was playing tonight and they won their series. Let's not get all geocentric and let's remember that there's a world outside of Montreal.

Also, I'm guessing that Roy isn't dumb enough to let any word out on this situation until his team's season is over. He is coach and GM. It would be pretty demoralizing for his young players to learn he's jumping ships next season at this very crucial moment of the (post) season.

Old
03-30-2012, 01:19 AM
macavoy

vCash: 243
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
To me, Patrick Roy is as welcome in Montréal as Attila the Hun would have been in Paris.
lol @ attila the hun needing to be welcome where he goes

Old
03-30-2012, 01:23 AM
SB164

"Non-francophone": how about Jason Botterill, the assistant GM of Pittsburgh? Ray Shero has done a hell of a job, and I'm sure he has to credit Botterill for some of that success.

Old
03-30-2012, 01:24 AM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
Had Roy dropped any, ANY hints of becoming the next GM or Coach, there would be 20 threads on it already.

His team was playing tonight and they won their series. Let's not get all geocentric and let's remember that there's a world outside of Montreal.

Also, I'm guessing that Roy isn't dumb enough to let any word out on this situation until his team's season is over. He is coach and GM. It would be pretty demoralizing for his young players to learn he's jumping ships next season at this very crucial moment of the (post) season.
You give him too much credit. Didn't he quit on the Habs in the middle of a season? True, he was provoked, but that doesn't speak well for his emotional stability or his sense of responsibility to his team.

Old
03-30-2012, 01:53 AM
ECWHSWI
P.K. is perfect.

Quote:
You give him too much credit. Didn't he quit on the Habs in the middle of a season? True, he was provoked, but that doesn't speak well for his emotional stability or his sense of responsibility to his team.
one could only hope of a human being capable of evolving over 17 years or so

Old
03-30-2012, 01:58 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Wouldn't he just hammer his way into a town? funny.

Old
03-30-2012, 01:59 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
well , he stuck with Avs ,Remparts , never did i once see him leave...lol

as you get older , you get wiser....most ..

I think most fans , now understand what happened that day, it was just a perfect storm ....of inexperience vs passion/pride

I mean if we go back on that day and Roy was yanked at 4-1 do we still got Roy?

...we got a 33 in the rafters,that says it's been understood.

Last edited by Habaneros: 03-30-2012 at 02:06 AM.
Old
03-30-2012, 02:01 AM
Player 61
#Winning

Send a message via AIM to Player 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
one could only hope of a human being capable of evolving over 17 years or so
Yes a human can evolve, but I would like St-Patrick to apologize to the fans the Citizens of Montreal, who's hearts were broken.

If you want to evole & have a 2nd chance, then you say I'm sorry, that's enough for me, but need to hear it.

If he says I'm sorry, I can erase it.

Old
03-30-2012, 02:33 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Patrick Roy press conference (video)

english video ,enjoy

http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip648184#clip648184

Old
03-30-2012, 02:53 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by macavoy View Post
Touche.

Old
03-30-2012, 06:05 AM
x74Pacioretty74x

What did Roy say?

Old
03-30-2012, 06:26 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
To me, Patrick Roy is as welcome in Montréal as Attila the Hun would have been in Paris. He's like a fleur de lys to some but underneath, to borrow an analogy from Shakespeare, it's comparing a satyr to Hyperion. Who'll start a poll on when he is exiled like Gauthier?
If I remember right, I believe Attila was quite friendly with Western European royalty and nobility since he wad much more interested in conquering the Islamic Caliphates than the comparativaly poorer and more militaristic Catholics.

So I stand by your argument! He Is welcomed!

Old
03-30-2012, 06:37 AM
Corncob

"Breaking News: Attila The Hun takes over in Paris. Locals demanding to know can he fight and can he speak French?"

Old
03-30-2012, 06:46 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

A great mix would be Brisebois and McGuire. Though you have to make Brisebois the GM 'cause he won't move laterally and that's fine with me. With such an advisor as McGuire, that will help him in that department. Now, Molson will have to throw a lot of money towards those guys 'cause if he wants Pierre to be an assistant GM, the money better be there. Though McGuire could see this as a way to go back in the game so to have experience and be a GM one day.

I wouldn't mind that duo. I keep hearing Damphousse's name and I cringe. I will give the guy the benefit of the doubt but that's the only name I won't particularly agree with.

My prediction? Brisebois - GM, Damphousse Asst-GM.

Last edited by Whitesnake: 03-30-2012 at 07:06 AM.
Old
03-30-2012, 07:16 AM
BLONG7

Does Crosby still want to fulfill a dream and be Hab? Is this why his agent Pat Brisson is being talked about???

Old
03-30-2012, 07:55 AM
Theokritos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
If I remember right, I believe Attila was quite friendly with Western European royalty and nobility since he wad much more interested in conquering the Islamic Caliphates than the comparativaly poorer and more militaristic Catholics.
Attila (5th century) ≠ Möngke Khan (13th century).

Old
03-30-2012, 07:56 AM
Balderis

Nobody counts on Jacques Martin as a next GM?

Old
03-30-2012, 08:10 AM
Pierre Dagenais
RIP Mr. Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
A great mix would be Brisebois and McGuire. Though you have to make Brisebois the GM 'cause he won't move laterally and that's fine with me. With such an advisor as McGuire, that will help him in that department. Now, Molson will have to throw a lot of money towards those guys 'cause if he wants Pierre to be an assistant GM, the money better be there. Though McGuire could see this as a way to go back in the game so to have experience and be a GM one day.

I wouldn't mind that duo. I keep hearing Damphousse's name and I cringe. I will give the guy the benefit of the doubt but that's the only name I won't particularly agree with.

My prediction? Brisebois - GM, Damphousse Asst-GM.
Brisebois - GM
Damphousse - Assistant GM
Hartley - Coach
Carbo - Assistant Coach

Would be even better if we had a 24/7 type documentary

"kessé ta faite dans vie toi"

Old
03-30-2012, 08:40 AM
Theokritos

How about a Coaching Dream Team? Something like:

Scotty Bowman - Head Coach