HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stastny

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2012, 04:44 PM
  #26
chewey
dmitri
 
chewey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Near You!
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
Garrison
Matthias
1st
Prospect (Not named Bjugstad or Huberdeau)

Still no?
If you still count Kulikov as a prospect then,


P.S. I am joking. Would take either RoR or Duchene to get Kulikov.

chewey is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 04:45 PM
  #27
Erick
Registered User
 
Erick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Broward, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 12,393
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
Dater also said the avs were going to trade Jack Johnson for Stastny last year. I don't take Dater's word serious in trade rumors.

Question for Panther fans, is Gudabranson available?
Nope

Erick is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 04:45 PM
  #28
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow
 
The Mars Volchenkov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Colorado
Country: United States
Posts: 39,278
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
That article is pretty wild speculation. The O'Byrne part made no sense at all.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 04:45 PM
  #29
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,772
vCash: 2252
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
I'd imagine something around Enstrom could be done.
I think it's possible as well. (Even though I love Enstrom and don't exactly want to see him going anywhere.)

Just hard to imagine what the package would be and I imagine this kind of eal would be done in the offseason.

Sweech is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 04:45 PM
  #30
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White
 
Blaylock38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Lol, accidentally clicked "reply" anyways, don't bring up his contract. It does not bother us so you won't be getting a discount for it.
Hahahaha, it almost looks you were going to say something else......lol.

Blaylock38 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 04:46 PM
  #31
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel
 
Bordeleau Of Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
Florida and Toronto have the most interest, will he be moved tomorrow?
Nope.

Bordeleau Of Blood is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 04:46 PM
  #32
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by staz View Post
If you still count Kulikov as a prospect then,


P.S. I am joking. Would take either RoR or Duchene to get Kulikov.
Duchene, no doubt.

MillarWithASave is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 04:47 PM
  #33
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,295
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaylock38 View Post
Hahahaha, it almost looks you were going to say something else......lol.
Yeah I know... though I honestly sometimes do feel like saying that some of the people who create proposals for Stastny

Avs44 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 04:48 PM
  #34
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel
 
Bordeleau Of Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
That article is pretty wild speculation. The O'Byrne part made no sense at all.
That was particularly off the wall. O'Byrne is currently injured and has been a steady 2nd pairing guy/penalty killer. Can't see why they'd be looking to deal him at all.

Bordeleau Of Blood is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 04:50 PM
  #35
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White
 
Blaylock38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Yeah I know... though I honestly sometimes do feel like saying that some of the people who create proposals for Stastny
LOL. I hear yah, as much as I am a Leaf fan and would love Stastny on TO, I am sick of coming on here seeing the same horrible offers from us for Stastny over and over again. I could only imagine how you feel...hahahaha.


Any word on what Col is looking to do at the deadline?

Blaylock38 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 04:50 PM
  #36
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
Duchene, no doubt.
Okay. Duchene for Kulikov.

Get the GMs on the phone.

TwoPadStack is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 04:52 PM
  #37
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoPadStack View Post
Okay. Duchene for Kulikov.

Get the GMs on the phone.
I think i'd do it.

Why are you so keen on trading him?

MillarWithASave is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 04:52 PM
  #38
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel
 
Bordeleau Of Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaylock38 View Post
Any word on what Col is looking to do at the deadline?
Anything they do end up doing will likely be something that hasn't been rumored or talked about at all. They're notoriously good at keeping things tight lipped and getting deals done that no one saw coming. That's why whenever I read rumors about the Avs, I generally just write them off as those are the things that don't ever seem to actually happen.

Bordeleau Of Blood is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 04:53 PM
  #39
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
I think i'd do it.

Why are you so keen on trading him?
I'm not, but it takes quality to trade for quality. We're not Leaf fans here.

TwoPadStack is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 04:55 PM
  #40
chewey
dmitri
 
chewey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Near You!
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,852
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
I think i'd do it.

Why are you so keen on trading him?
Not keen, its just that the Avs have an abundance of centers.

RoR, Stastny are both played/playing like no. 1s at least no. 2s.
Olver is giving the team another scoring line with Jones and McC is an amazing 3rd line center.

This team has other weaknesses such as another top pairing Dman and top 6/3 winger to play with Stastny. Moving Duchene could fill one of those, and arguably the most important piece of top pairing dman.

Kulikov is going to be a stud no. 1 in my mind. I can't believe so many teams passed over him. He should have been taken after OEL (tho I think I may take Kulikov over him).

chewey is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 04:55 PM
  #41
Blaylock38
Bleeds Blue & White
 
Blaylock38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Hamilton
Country: Canada
Posts: 791
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar Comin View Post
Anything they do end up doing will likely be something that hasn't been rumored or talked about at all. They're notoriously good at keeping things tight lipped and getting deals done that no one saw coming. That's why whenever I read rumors about the Avs, I generally just write them off as those are the things that don't ever seem to actually happen.
Ok cool, what are their needs? any reports, I heard they are shopping few guys: jones, gallairdi and someone else I forget at this moment.

Just curious.

Blaylock38 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 04:55 PM
  #42
trellaine201
Registered User
 
trellaine201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Left coast
Posts: 6,786
vCash: 500
I thought Stastny wasn't happy in Colorado....so his dad said early in the season.

trellaine201 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 04:56 PM
  #43
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 8,295
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post
I thought Stastny wasn't happy in Colorado....so his dad said early in the season.
And you still believe that...? Entirely overblown by the TO media

Avs44 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 04:57 PM
  #44
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,359
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by trellaine201 View Post
I thought Stastny wasn't happy in Colorado....so his dad said early in the season.
You mean last season, and his dad never said he wasn't happy. His dad criticized the Stewart for Johnson trade, which has turned out very well for us.

TwoPadStack is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 04:57 PM
  #45
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,349
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by staz View Post
Not keen, its just that the Avs have an abundance of centers.

RoR, Stastny are both played/playing like no. 1s at least no. 2s.
Olver is giving the team another scoring line with Jones and McC is an amazing 3rd line center.

This team has other weaknesses such as another top pairing Dman and top 6/3 winger to play with Stastny. Moving Duchene could fill one of those, and arguably the most important piece of top pairing dman.

Kulikov is going to be a stud no. 1 in my mind. I can't believe so many teams passed over him. He should have been taken after OEL (tho I think I may take Kulikov over him).
Yeah, Kuli is worth a lot in my opinion.. I don't know if Duchene will blossom into a #1 Elite center though.

MillarWithASave is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 04:59 PM
  #46
Bordeleau Of Blood
Archangel
 
Bordeleau Of Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Country: United States
Posts: 2,168
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaylock38 View Post
Ok cool, what are their needs? any reports, I heard they are shopping few guys: jones, gallairdi and someone else I forget at this moment.

Just curious.
I don't know if they're actively shopping anyone, but Jones, Galiardi and Winnik's names have all been thrown out there. I'm sure they've got calls about these guys, but how realistic it is that any of them get moved is anyone's guess.

As for needs, a depth defenseman would be nice. I can't see them doing anything splashy unless something very unexpected presents itself.

Bordeleau Of Blood is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 04:59 PM
  #47
Dread Clawz
Markstrom Rules
 
Dread Clawz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: United States
Posts: 16,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchene2Mueller View Post
Dater also said the avs were going to trade Jack Johnson for Stastny last year. I don't take Dater's word serious in trade rumors.

Question for Panther fans, is Gudabranson available?
No. I know the panthers aren't going to get stastny because Tallon wont give up Kulikov, gud, or Huber.

Dread Clawz is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 05:01 PM
  #48
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Country: South Africa
Posts: 39,942
vCash: 500
I hear that Bozak kid is petty good...

To Colorado:
Tyler Bozak
Mike Komisarik
2012 4th

To Toronto:
Paul Stastny
Stefan Elliott
2013 1st

Fair?

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 05:02 PM
  #49
Muffin
Avalanche Flavoured
 
Muffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
I hear that Bozak kid is petty good...

To Colorado:
Tyler Bozak
Mike Komisarik
2012 4th

To Toronto:
Paul Stastny
Stefan Elliott
2013 1st

Fair?
Man the Avs has gotta add Johnson and Duchene to that to make it fair, that Bozak kid is a generational talent.

Muffin is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 05:02 PM
  #50
CB Joe
Registered User
 
CB Joe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,545
vCash: 500
Carter got J. Johnson and a 1st rounder/Voracek, 1st and a 3rd. Richards got B. Schenn, Simmonds, and a 2nd. What could you offer that would be comparable?

CB Joe is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.