HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Loui Eriksson to Detroit

Old
02-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Bennrocks

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastonBlues22 View Post
Would you consider trading Datsyuk for that package?

Of course not...it's not even close to getting a deal done. You're severely underrating Eriksson if you think that deal is even in the ballpark of enticing.
there is a reason eriksson is the most underrated player in the league year after year... im just still not sure what it is

Bennrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 04:59 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Would you consider trading Datsyuk for that package?

Of course not...it's not even close to getting a deal done. You're severely underrating Eriksson if you think that deal is even in the ballpark of enticing.
Do you really think Eriksson is as good as Datsyuk? Eriksson is a fantastic player, but he is not a Datsyuk or Malkin level guy. In my eyes, he's a Marian Hossa level guy. I think you could land Hossa with that basic package, tweaking a few things. (ignoring the obvious fact that Chicago would never trade with Detroit)

Guru Meditation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:00 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eerie Hurdler View Post
Do you really think Eriksson is as good as Datsyuk? Eriksson is a fantastic player, but he is not a Datsyuk or Malkin level guy. In my eyes, he's a Marian Hossa level guy.
malkin is on his own planet, i also think datyuk is on hossa's level

Old
02-26-2012, 05:01 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennrocks View Post
The guys who play this game for a living disagree with you.

Old
02-26-2012, 05:02 PM
TrillMike

The Stars a building around Loui, Benn and Goligoski. Not going to happen.

TrillMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:03 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
The guys who play this game for a living disagree with you.
not sure what this means

Old
02-26-2012, 05:04 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
not sure what this means
I don't get it either. This guy is all over the place.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:05 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
not sure what this means
http://www.playerspoll.ca/

The players seem to think Datsyuk is a lot better than you do. What do they know, right?

Old
02-26-2012, 05:11 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Do you really think Eriksson is as good as Datsyuk? Eriksson is a fantastic player, but he is not a Datsyuk or Malkin level guy. In my eyes, he's a Marian Hossa level guy. I think you could land Hossa with that basic package, tweaking a few things. (ignoring the obvious fact that Chicago would never trade with Detroit)
Seriously, I tried to warn you.

Eriksson is valued very, very highly by Dallas (or at least its fans). To the rest of the league, I think, he is "just" a very valuable player.

Your Hossa comparison is apt in one regard--I think he's always been viewed as an upper-echelon support player, as opposed to a cornerstone franchise kind of guy. The key difference is that I think most non-Stars fans view Eriksson in the former light, while the fans of the team believe he is a cornerstone.

Jack de la Hoya is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:11 PM
StarsCaptainOU

Eriksson will be a Star for a long time.

I have always thought he was the perfect Red Wing though. Swedish, great 2 way player, doesn't take penalties, quiet star player, etc.

StarsCaptainOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:12 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:

You might think that but you would be wrong. Also funny how you point out Loui Eriksson's recently named most underrated, by the way Datsyuk was sixth on that list, but also was named the best player in the league by his peers.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 05:16 PM
hairylikebear
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\|\\

Proposal denied nearly unanimously by Stars fans. I think Stars fans know where the one counter vote is coming from.

hairylikebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:06 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Why would it be idiocy to trade Eriksson for a package?

1. Eriksson is not lighting the world up (although he is playing well)
2. The Stars are not lighting the world up

If you can get a king's random (and I'm not saying this proposal is the right one), why not take a package deal? Are you trying to just say that you don't want the Stars to trade him? If so, I can understand completely. I'm just trying to say there are plenty of scenarios where the Stars could trade Eriksson for a package and be better off.
I'm not a Dallas fan, so I have no vested interest in what they do with him.

If you think he could be had for the type of deal described in this thread, I honestly don't know what to say. There's no realistic scenario that exists where Dallas trades Eriksson and comes away better off.

EastonBlues22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 06:10 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Are you actually reading my replies? You're assuming I'm a Stars fan, when I've clearly said I'm not. You're implying that I think Eriksson is as good as Datsyuk, when I've clearly said that I think Datsyuk is better.

The only way Hossa is moved for that package is if Chicago wants to move his salary. Salary is not an issue with Eriksson's contract. Dallas also doesn't have Toews, Sharp, and Kane up front to ease the loss of losing Eriksson. The situations are not comparable, even if you think the players are.

Old
02-26-2012, 06:10 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
I'm not a Dallas fan, so I have no vested interest in what they do with him.

If you think he could be had for the type of deal described in this thread, I honestly don't know what to say. There's no realistic scenario that exists where Dallas trades Eriksson and comes away better off.
You don't think Dallas would be better off with: Kuznetsov and some picks? Or the impending first overall pick?

Old
02-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
You don't think Dallas would be better off with: Kuznetsov and some picks? Or the impending first overall pick?
does detroit have the first overall or kuznetzov... also we are apparently allergic to russians not named sergei zubov

Old
02-26-2012, 06:19 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Nope, and I'm sure their fans would agree with me.

Care to eplain how you think either deal helps make Dallas a better team now or in the foreseeable future? Dallas would be lucky if the first overall could put up ~30 goals and ~70 points anytime soon. They have that player now...why move him for a relative unknown?

Dallas has some roster construction issues, but they aren't a bottom dweller in the middle of rebuilding. Even if they were, Eriksson is the best player on the team, just entering his prime (26 yo), under team control for years, and paid a fraction of what he should be given his production. Other than Benn (who is on the last year of his ELC), he's probably the last person the Stars would be interested in moving.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Lemieuxfan

Send a message via ICQ to Lemieuxfan
I don't get the Datsyuk hype here! He is great, no question about that, but he is not getting younger, and he is already 33. So how many years good years will he have, 2, 3 maybe 4..

Eriksson on the other hand will have like 10 years, where he can play good hockey.

Now you can argue that Eriksson will never be on Datsyuk's level, which might be correct, but then again, are 4 seasons where a guy puts up 15-20 points more than the other one worth 10 years of the other player, and then in the end, Eriksson has a very good contract.

I'm penguin fan, and as much as I love Eriksson I have to admit, that we don't have the assets to aquire him, because he will only be sold, for a MASSIVE overpayment. Why?, because why should Dallas move him?, you would have to give them a reason they can't deny...

Lemieuxfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Care to eplain how you think either deal helps make Dallas a better team now or in the foreseeable future? Dallas would be lucky if the first overall could put up ~30 goals and ~70 points anytime soon. They have that player now...why move him for a relative unknown?
Wow. You really don't think much of Yakupov.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:17 PM
Bennrocks

Quote:
Has yakupov proven anything in the NHL? Didn't think so.

Old
02-26-2012, 07:24 PM
EastonBlues22
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Would you trade Zetterberg, right now, for the #1 overall pick in this upcoming draft?

Old
02-26-2012, 07:26 PM
piqued
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeh82 View Post
Eriksson is valued very, very highly by Dallas (or at least its fans). To the rest of the league, I think, he is "just" a very valuable player.
Indeed. Eriksson is the consummate version of a Dallas Star, as Stars fans understand that ideal to be. He plays the game the same way Jere Lehtinen did, who is revered here, except he's more dangerous offensively. Talking about a trade only has a basis in an academic value debate, which I suppose this is. But it's not really any fun from our perspective because the idea of trading him is so painful (especially so to Detroit). Eriksson will retire a Star, God willing.

Filppula is an interesting component of an offer. He and Eriksson were often compared to each other as they made the transition from prospects to NHL players. It's good to see him living up a bit to that comparison this year.

piqued is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Guru Meditation
Service Unavailable

Quote:
Would you trade Zetterberg, right now, for the #1 overall pick in this upcoming draft?
Absolutely. Where do I sign up?

Old
02-26-2012, 07:51 PM
DarkReign

Quote:
Yes, have your people call my people and it's done like dinner.

DarkReign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 08:02 PM
GeoSacks

Seems like Eriksson has a lot more value to the Stars than he does to any other team. Looks like a fair trade in a vaccuum - if there were a locker room/coaching/media conflict (or if he were a recent FA acquisition or something) you'd probably get him at that price

GeoSacks is offline   Reply With Quote