HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anyone been to Meet the Team Party before?

Old
11-09-2011, 11:48 PM
SB

vCash: 500
Anyone been to Meet the Team Party before?

This year's is Friday ... curious what it's like, if it's worth going, etc.

SB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:27 AM
Landeslog

I've been once. Basically, the set up tables all around the Pepsi Center and you can get in line for autographs. Given the time limit and the rotation of the players they kind of make it impossible to get ALL or even most of the players sigs, though. On ice level, they have all sorts of games set up. You can play bubble hockey with players, play air hockey with them, etc.
I got autographs from Hejduk, GAH that terrible guy we bought out from the Quincey trade (TOTALLY blanking on his name), Hannan, Hensick, O'Reilly, Liles and got a picture with Jones and played air hockey with Stastny. It's SO annoying, they make it really hard to get autographs because they don't cut off the line when it gets to long. So you'll get in line for Duchene and Stastny and by the time you get there they're replaced with Hannan and Hensick or something lame. They don't give you a map or anything to have a clue of where to find certain players. Just annoying.
But I did beat Stastny at air hockey 3-2. So there's that

Landeslog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:31 AM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

vCash: 125
Sounds awesome, other than the switching of players.

BTW are you thinking of Preissing(sp)?

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:36 AM
Landeslog

YES! THAT'S THE ONE! It was definitely worth going. If I were to improve it, it would be longer and they would give you more information as to where certain players will be.
If it weren't for the getting to play air hockey with Paul Stastny thing I would have been disappointed!

And a copy of the photo hanging in my bedroom!

jk.....

Old
11-10-2011, 05:51 AM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

vCash: 50
You're a dame???

I had no idea...

Bubba Thudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 06:43 AM
Jrtu

vCash: 871
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam333 View Post
I've been once. Basically, the set up tables all around the Pepsi Center and you can get in line for autographs. Given the time limit and the rotation of the players they kind of make it impossible to get ALL or even most of the players sigs, though. On ice level, they have all sorts of games set up. You can play bubble hockey with players, play air hockey with them, etc.
I got autographs from Hejduk, GAH that terrible guy we bought out from the Quincey trade (TOTALLY blanking on his name), Hannan, Hensick, O'Reilly, Liles and got a picture with Jones and played air hockey with Stastny. It's SO annoying, they make it really hard to get autographs because they don't cut off the line when it gets to long. So you'll get in line for Duchene and Stastny and by the time you get there they're replaced with Hannan and Hensick or something lame. They don't give you a map or anything to have a clue of where to find certain players. Just annoying.
But I did beat Stastny at air hockey 3-2. So there's that
Did they sign you to an entry-level contract yet?

Jrtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 09:21 AM
SB

thanks!

Old
11-10-2011, 09:30 AM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

vCash: 905
What's this "Meet the Team Party"? And how does one get an invite?

and I'm sorry...everytime I hear about a "Party" I think of "That 70's Show"

RockLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 09:33 AM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Exactly... look, a lot of die-hard fans here don't even know what it is or ever heard about it.

Avs marketing staff = Non-existent

iAvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Granlund2Pulkkinen*
New Kid on the Block

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by iAvs View Post
Exactly... look, a lot of die-hard fans here don't even know what it is or ever heard about it.

Avs marketing staff = Non-existent
Which is ****ing frustrating. I'm going to the top business college in the rocky mountains and majoring in Marketing and I hear that the Kroenke's won't hire outside of their cronies.

****ing ******** is what if you ask me. So when I go get my MBA from Northwestern (hopefully) I'll have an MBA from the top marketing college in the nation AND I DOUBT THEY'LL LISTEN TO ME THEN.

Granlund2Pulkkinen* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 12:46 PM
iAvs
JUST WIN

I hear ya. I'm a trained graphic designer and learned marketing along the way as well. It's a shame because the Avs have a great product with a bright future & could be getting the city excited about that.

But these events that involve the fans meeting the players should be well-known throughout Denver. I won't even get started because we all know their marketing department probably consists of Eric Lacroix's next door neighbors or golfing buddies

Old
11-10-2011, 12:59 PM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
It's for season ticket holders. It's not just a random party.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-10-2011, 02:20 PM
SB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
It's for season ticket holders. It's not just a random party.
Yeah, sorry, I should have specified that. It's one of the newer perks of being dumb enough to pay for an entire season's worth of tickets for a team that has won 4 of its past 23 home games.....

I actually feel SORRY for the marketing team right now. What are they gonna say??

Old
11-10-2011, 04:23 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Granlund2Pulkkinen View Post
Which is ****ing frustrating. I'm going to the top business college in the rocky mountains and majoring in Marketing and I hear that the Kroenke's won't hire outside of their cronies.

****ing ******** is what if you ask me. So when I go get my MBA from Northwestern (hopefully) I'll have an MBA from the top marketing college in the nation AND I DOUBT THEY'LL LISTEN TO ME THEN.

You just have to start low. Like the jersey shop. Then work your way up.

I'm going to get a job at the jersey shop, manage it. Then befriend Eric Lacroix. Then I'll be on a gravy train with biscuit wheels.

bohlmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-11-2011, 12:13 AM
Landeslog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
You're a dame???

I had no idea...
100% female up in here

Old
11-11-2011, 08:25 AM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
You just have to start low. Like the jersey shop. Then work your way up.

I'm going to get a job at the jersey shop, manage it. Then befriend Eric Lacroix. Then I'll be on a gravy train with biscuit wheels.
LOL Love it.

Remember the little people when you make it to the top.

Old
11-11-2011, 08:31 AM
iAvs
JUST WIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB View Post
Yeah, sorry, I should have specified that. It's one of the newer perks of being dumb enough to pay for an entire season's worth of tickets for a team that has won 4 of its past 23 home games.....

I actually feel SORRY for the marketing team right now. What are they gonna say??
Gotcha. Hey, anyone who spends the dough on season tickets should get some extra perks here and there.

As for the marketing team, yea they have our home ice blunders working against them. But seriously, Landeskog... 2nd overall pick, awesome last name, potential future captain of the team.... should be all over the place. Our team as a whole is going through growing pains and, well, coaching problems But we've got some great kids on this team who aren't getting local media attention.

Old
11-12-2011, 10:37 AM
SB

I sent my son and his buddy, they had a great time. A few photos, some I copied off the site obviously, and a couple phone pics. They said lines were the longest for EJ, Duchene, and ROR.

Old
11-12-2011, 11:41 AM
Landeslog

Wish I would have been able to go this year. The past 2 years my dad's boss (the season ticket holder) gives them to me and my brother. But not this year
I really want to meet O'Brien. He's worked his way into my top 3 fave Avs for this year!

Old
02-25-2012, 09:25 PM
lenny
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeslog View Post
Wish I would have been able to go this year. The past 2 years my dad's boss (the season ticket holder) gives them to me and my brother. But not this year
I really want to meet O'Brien. He's worked his way into my top 3 fave Avs for this year!
So is the meet and greet an event that you get tickets to? I get that its for season ticket holders only, but me and a buddy are flying down this week from Edmonton to see the pens game. And the poor guy wants to try find a way to get his jersey autographed while we're there over the weekend.

I guess to sum it up, is it so many tickets per holder, and does anybody know someone who like doesn't want to go to the meet and greet?

lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Congo Jack
Hello M'Lady

I've been wondering, what would you get autographed?

Congo Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 02:06 AM
RTN
Be Kind, Rewind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landeslog View Post
YES! THAT'S THE ONE! It was definitely worth going. If I were to improve it, it would be longer and they would give you more information as to where certain players will be.
If it weren't for the getting to play air hockey with Paul Stastny thing I would have been disappointed!

And a copy of the photo hanging in my bedroom!

jk.....
Very nice!

If only we could get pics of FoppaGirl ...

RTN is offline   Reply With Quote