HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Josh Gorges "when you're not winning, team needs a change"

Old
02-26-2012, 09:50 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bieber fever View Post
Seriously who the **** does he think he is ?? The GM ? I'm tired of all his comment like Moen need to stay , or we need changes ect.

he's a ****ing 4th defenseman, it's not like he is the captain or a super star
Yes, seriously what does a player that sacrifice his body day in and day out blocking shots coming his way at about 95mph think he is? Screw those of who cares about this team. This team needs more Kostitsyn and less Gorges.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Craig71

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGraham View Post
Right on
He should keep his mouth shut and be grateful to Mr gauthier who overpaid him and signed him for way too many years for marginal 4d
Wow is all I can say. How long do you think Josh Gorges would be a free agent before being snapped up by a new team?

Craig71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Ghetto Sangria
Groupthink

Quote:
Right on
He should keep his mouth shut and be grateful to Mr gauthier who overpaid him and signed him for way too many years for marginal 4d
Gorges a marginal 4th D?

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:56 PM
kassian
Emelin's face plate

Quote:
Seriously who the **** does he think he is ?? The GM ? I'm tired of all his comment like Moen need to stay , or we need changes ect.

Insult our best defenseman for stating the obvious. Good game, bud.

kassian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:58 PM
McSorleyStick
DECIMA-TING

Quote:

I have to agree

McSorleyStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:59 PM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotProkofievian View Post
Who the **** do you think you are? Were you under the impression that anyone cares what you think?

...there, now do you know what you're going to say? You're going to say "hey man, it's an internet forum, and it's my opinion I'm entitled to it."

Indeed, you are.

And so is Gorges. The difference is that he's entitled to share his opinion in a much larger, more publicly visible, and important facility, without fear of it being ridiculed. Do you know why?

...you may go now.
Couldn't have said it better myself!

TheBuriedHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:03 PM
Bieber fever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodson Hoggs View Post
Insult our best defenseman for stating the obvious. Good game, bud.
-he's not our Best Defenseman

-This as nothing to do with his play, but with the fact that he thinks is bigger than the team and that because he wears a "A" it's give him the right to tell the Front office what they should do.

Bieber fever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:05 PM
habtastic

It's amazing how some people don't realize that we need a Gorges to win a cup. I can count the number of bad plays he's made this abysmal season on one hand. The guy is a champ and it's hilarious how he isn't considered one of the best defensive D in the league by our own fans. When he's on the ice (which coincides with PK), I know that area of the ice is protected.

If he could only learn to shoot...

Anyway, I approve of his comments and I bet anything he has more influence on the Montreal Canadiens locker room than PG, BG, GM or even Gionta ATM.

I'll be happy when Markov returns, and he will, next year at least since he has the exact same mentality:

WIN or GTFO

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:09 PM
DAChampion

Quote:

-This as nothing to do with his play, but with the fact that he thinks is bigger than the team and that because he wears a "A" it's give him the right to tell the Front office what they should do.
He has the right to mouth off.

He's earned his credibility with excellent play over several years, with being a leader in the locker room, with having an A on his chest, etc.

If you don't want to listen to Josh Gorges then maybe you should go listen to Justin Bieber.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:09 PM
DogsFan*
GHG

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterD View Post
I, for one, find he has looked angry all year on the ice. A few times I thought it seemed to be caused by playing with Subban, but it also happens when they're not together... he's just not smiling, face is tense... rarely celebrates.

Then again, forget it, with his contract he's here for a long time. Too expensive/year.
Quote:

Ahh what losing will do to you.

DogsFan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:10 PM
habtastic

Quote:

Yes, he is the best defensive defenceman. FACT.

Emelin is quickly getting to an unreal level of effectiveness, but both PK and Markov bring the offensive flair with a good amount of D awareness, but Gorges is the best D Dman, and a damn good one.

He doesn't think he's bigger than the team. He thinks other people think they're bigger than the team.

Also, he really wasn't telling them what to do. He gave great compliments to Travis Moen (oooh what a **** disturber) and he plainly said that this effort is not good enough and it's becoming obvious that it's because of the team makeup (shocking statements, nothing that isn't already in 14 threads).

We suck. He knows it. Yet he plays hard every game. I'd be flipping out if I were him.

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:10 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Right on
You realize that you're judging him for comments some internet poster you don't even know is now paraphrasing?

So here, I'll paraphrase myself.

Gorges didn't say the team needs a change. He said it's not the funnest because you know some guys might not be hear tomorrow, so it's tough on the team. He said, they all know what tomorrow is, and when you don't win, changes happen, and they only have themselves to blame.

Now, that certainly doesn't sound as bad as the ''when you're not winning, team needs a change'' title.

It already happened a couple times this year. Cammy, Spacek, Gill, Pearn, Martin, it must be stressful for some.

And Gorges has every right to give out his opinion if he wanted too, even if you find it dumb, just like you have every right to post something no matter how dumb I think it is.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:17 PM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
It's part of the job an NHL player to awnser the media's questions.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:26 PM
larek

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverAlone View Post
No ****ing kidding captain Kelowna
LoL-

larek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Gorges has the contract. Gauthier and Cunneyworth don't. Gorges wins. Yes, Josh, I hope this change comes quickly in the summer.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:28 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

He's only bummed because Gill's gone.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:30 PM
jphabs

Quote:

If you think that, I don't think you understand anything about leadership.

jphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:38 PM
Kriss E

I think the title is misleading people a lot.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:43 PM
Bob Cole

Start by shipping out the crap tomorrow and finish the job in the summer (Gomez to Hamilton).

The faith of this organization is in the hands of a complete moron. Doesn't look too promising. Hope im wrong.

Bob Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:50 PM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:

He's a leader on this team, signed to a date longer than anyone else.
Probably should/will be captain. Most journalists are treating him as such.
Plays on the top pairing right now.

Now just who the **** do you think you are. You're not on the team. You don't know **** all about what goes on behind the scenes. Gorges is a heart and soul guy, if Moen's good enough for him he's good enough for me. You fanboys grab piss me off... you know **** all.

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:53 PM
Souvenirs

Quote:

Telling the front office what to do? We don't even have context here (as far as I know.) He likely just answered a journalist asking him how he feels about many players being possibly traded tomorrow, for example. He didn't say the GM HAD to do it Stop jumping at players' throats for nothing.

Souvenirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:56 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

I don't get all the excitement over the players' comments. Cammy says we're playing as losers and actually....we were and still are. Still don't see the problem with that comment unless people hate the truth. Then, Gorges says that when you are not winning, changes happen. See, I thought that when the morning comes, the sun usually rises. So what exactly is Gorges being blamed for here? He freakin states the truth. Are people so shocked to hear some truth? Unless you want to be told that we are a top tier team....do you then feel better? Oh, I have another one...how about a 5-year plan?

Old
02-26-2012, 10:58 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souvenirs View Post
Telling the front office what to do? We don't even have context here (as far as I know.) He likely just answered a journalist asking him how he feels about many players being possibly traded tomorrow, for example. He didn't say the GM HAD to do it Stop jumping at players' throats for nothing.
It's actually less than that.
He didn't even say ''team needs a change''. What he was saying is that knowing that tomorrow is the deadline, given how they are playing, he's aware that changes may happen and that they only have themselves to blame. That it's stressful for the team.

That's what he said in a nutshell. He never said the team needed to make a change.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Teufelsdreck

Fasten your seatbelts, boys. There's going to be a rough ride. I can't predict what's going to happen but Molson has to step in. I just hope it won't be a knee jerk reaction on his part. He could make the situation worse than it is now,.

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
Fasten your seatbelts, boys. There's going to be a rough ride. I can't predict what's going to happen but Molson has to step in. I just hope it won't be a knee jerk reaction on his part. He could make the situation worse than it is now,.
Seriously, I don't see it. My expectations are REALLY about Campoli leaving for a pick. And that's it. Though one side of me HOPE there will be more to it......yet, I'm so scared that the MORE won't mean BETTER.....