HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Send a #1 Center to Buffalo

Closed Thread

Old
02-26-2012, 09:15 PM
PolarBear1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Roy is a good asset. We can have Roy be our 1b center, as the Sabres posters mentioned earlier, he seems better at that, and have Richards be our 3rd like center on 5x5 situations.

The point of the trade would be balance out the lines. I want a great four line team rather than have a great three line team. Right now we, LA, have a sick number of good players in our top six after getting Carter and a good 4th line. Why our team has been sucking so bad in scoring is we lost a whole line on the 3rd line. If we take a line anchored by Richards with one of our young power forwards like Dwight King and any decent winger/forward on the other wing, we have a legit 3rd line.

That also means Richards can now spend more time/energy on special teams, at which he is SO good.

Carter on first line, Roy on second line, Richards on third line. It's not Crosby/Malkin/Staal but it's pretty damn good...especially if we have Vanek, Gagne, Williams and guys like that, to boot.

- R
Well, you can waive goodbye to Jon Quick when his and Roy's contracts come up after next season, and you're also paying Vanek's larger cap hit (over Kopitar's), and Doughty's, Richards' and Carter's large contracts, also.

I'd rather have picks coming back with Vanek in a Vanek-Kopitar swap. The deal does not need to be expanded if Buffalo's need is for a Center to play behind/ahead of Roy.

Old
02-26-2012, 09:19 PM
Ghost of Dale Hunter

Frankly, I suspect Mike Richards could be had before Kopitar.

I could see Richards for 2012 1st, Pysyck, Boyes (salary reasons this year) and Tropp. I may be off. But it helps La realign, brings a good d prospect in, gets them a moveable part with the good #1 and I suspect Tropp carries some good value.

Of course, I could be stupid too.

Old
02-26-2012, 09:26 PM
PolarBear1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Dale Hunter View Post
Frankly, I suspect Mike Richards could be had before Kopitar.

I could see Richards for 2012 1st, Pysyck, Boyes (salary reasons this year) and Tropp. I may be off. But it helps La realign, brings a good d prospect in, gets them a moveable part with the good #1 and I suspect Tropp carries some good value.

Of course, I could be stupid too.
Richards was brought in for a reason; the premium Lombardi paid to get him shows this. Kopitar can/may be shipped out as part of "culture change".

Old
02-26-2012, 09:32 PM
Ghost of Dale Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear1 View Post
Richards was brought in for a reason; the premium Lombardi paid to get him shows this. Kopitar can/may be shipped out as part of "culture change".
How bout that package, making it Kopitar, with penned and buffalo adding stafford?

Kopitar
Penner
Clifford?

For

Stafford
Pysyck
Tropp
1st
Boyes

I think it could be really good for both, I am intrigued by Kopitar. I think it would be worth a gamble and moving Stafford helps solve some of our inner culture issues as well.

Last edited by Ghost of Dale Hunter: 02-26-2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old
02-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
How bout that package, making it Kopitar, with penned and buffalo adding stafford?

Kopitar
Penner
Clifford?

For

Stafford
Pysyck
Tropp
1st
Boyes

I think it could be really good for both, I am intrigued by Kopitar. I think it would be worth a gamble and moving Stafford helps solve some of our inner culture issues as well.
LA is not intrigued by any of those assets.

Old
02-26-2012, 09:46 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

As a previous poster stated, we need a #1 center to feed Vanek.

Move #1 is a new coach. I love Ruff but his public disdain for Vanek, and obvious love for some of his core (Gaustad, Roy, Stafford) just...well, it's time for that coaching change.

Pominville, Sekera, Calgary's 2nd

For

Kopitar

If you have depth at center and need a culture change, Pominville is playing at a ppg pace, been a numbers producer for years, in his prime, probably our best defensive forward, and signed to a reasonable cap hit of $5.3. Sekera is no throw in, he's a top 4 defender on any team in the league, signed long term. The 2nd is a top 40 pick.

Would drastically change each underperforming teams core/culture and address it's weaknesses.

Old
02-26-2012, 09:55 PM
Tunnel of Death
Foligno: Beast Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post

Move #1 is a new coach. I love Ruff but his public disdain for Vanek, and obvious love for some of his core (Gaustad, Roy, Stafford) just...well, it's time for that coaching change.

For

Kopitar

If you have depth at center and need a culture change, Pominville is playing at a ppg pace, been a numbers producer for years, in his prime, probably our best defensive forward, and signed to a reasonable cap hit of $5.3. Sekera is no throw in, he's a top 4 defender on any team in the league, signed long term. The 2nd is a top 40 pick.

Would drastically change each underperforming teams core/culture and address it's weaknesses.
Unfortunately, I don't think that package gets it done. If we're getting Kopitar back, I'm convinced that Vanek goes the other way.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:03 PM
SabresFanNorthPortFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunnel of Death View Post
Unfortunately, I don't think that package gets it done. If we're getting Kopitar back, I'm convinced that Vanek goes the other way.
Lower cap hit, better 2 way player, captain. Don't think far off, it at all. Vanek is the better pure, offensive sniper.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:09 PM
Luck 6
\\_______

Legit #1 centers are rarely traded. I consider both Richards and Carter to be high end #2 guys, so they can be used in that role. I think your best bet is going after a young potential #1 who may be on the verge of breaking out. Hodgson for example, and there are others. Even those guys carry heavy price tags, I think it may be your best bet.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:20 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

To Tampa:
Ryan Miller

To Buffalo:
Vinny Lecavalier

Not that either team would do this, but you do get a #1 center.

Vanek, Lecavalier, Pominville is a pretty good line no?

Old
02-26-2012, 10:26 PM
Beerz
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoundCake View Post
To Tampa:
Ryan Miller

To Buffalo:
Vinny Lecavalier

Not that either team would do this, but you do get a #1 center.

Vanek, Lecavalier, Pominville is a pretty good line no?

Good line....

But would never do it.... Vinny has a horrible contract.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:35 PM
PoundCake
Go Bolts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Good line....

What? You mean you don't wanna see that line until Vinny is 39???

Old
02-26-2012, 10:47 PM
sba

Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian1085 View Post
as a Sabres fan it's just so damn frustrating to see Vanek waste away like this.
should get a new coach who likes him first

Old
02-26-2012, 10:51 PM
ZZamboni
Puttin' on the Foil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beerz View Post
Good line....

Almost every team has a "bad" contract they are suffering with. But 7.7 mil. until 2020 is incredible.

A noose around the neck for quite some time.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:29 PM
Ghost of Dale Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
LA is not intrigued by any of those assets.
Really?

TELL ME WHY?

Old
02-26-2012, 11:32 PM
Ghost of Dale Hunter

I find it interesting my fellow Sabres fans seem intent on trading our captain, who has been terrific this year.

Guys, I know you are down on the club, but really?

Old
02-26-2012, 11:46 PM
Prospector74

Not sure how we can be down. Team has a good owner now and will move steadily in the right direction.

Old
02-26-2012, 11:49 PM
Ismellofhockey

Unless Kopitar or Stastny are made available, your best chance is Ribeiro.

Barring Ribeiro, the only way to get a good center is to buy cheap and hope the guy turns it around or takes a big step in his development.
Derrick Brassard is a good example. Maybe Sam Gagner.

Christian Ehrhoff
Tyler Ennis
Zack Kassian

for

Stastny
defenseman/prospect

Old
02-26-2012, 11:55 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
Ohhhh you mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincrunch89 View Post
Myers Roy Armia and a 1st
Considering that 1st is looking pretty high, that's actually good value. Obviously, Philly wouldn't do that, but it's enticing for sure.

Old
02-27-2012, 12:26 AM
Monarchist

If you want to rebuild, how about something like:

BUF:
Kane
Bernier
Loktionov
Hickey
Clifford
The LA 1st not taken by CBJ, conditional 2012/2013
Saad
Beach

Warm bodies such as Richardson, Westgarth, Scott, O'Donnell

CHI:
Miller
Roy
Sekera
Leopold
Boyes
Hecht

LAK:
Vanek
Gaustad
Emery
Morin

If this doesn't have enough players involved, I can always add more.

Old
02-27-2012, 12:36 AM
Halpysback

Much easier to trade down and draft Grigorienko than do just about anything else.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:41 AM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBear1 View Post
Well, you can waive goodbye to Jon Quick when his and Roy's contracts come up after next season, and you're also paying Vanek's larger cap hit (over Kopitar's), and Doughty's, Richards' and Carter's large contracts, also.

I'd rather have picks coming back with Vanek in a Vanek-Kopitar swap. The deal does not need to be expanded if Buffalo's need is for a Center to play behind/ahead of Roy.
Quick is our #1 priority to get signed. In case you're not familiar with our cap situation, we have nearly 10 million in almost useless players' contracts coming off this season and next season Gagne's contract is coming up. We already had a small amount of cap room that was over a million even after the Carter for Johnson deal. And the cap will probably go up again. So we're fine. We would have room to re-sign Roy too if we're talking about the Kopitar-Brown for Vanek-Roy deal. On top of that, we have so many young defensemen, we could trade Greene's 3 million off the bottom pair defense too. We'd have 3 kids battling for his spot immediately, each making like 600K.

LA has a hard time getting UFAs to come here but re-signing our UFAs, it always has seemed to be a Lombardi strong suit.

If it's a Kopitar for Vanek swap, the picks or prospects would be going the Kings' way. Trust me on that. If we put both guys up on the block, you'll see Kopitar will get way more interest. Maybe the only team of the 29 other teams out there that wouldn't offer would be Pittsburgh. Vanek on the other hand is not considered a necessity to most teams. Desirable, but not a necessity.

- R
.><.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:46 AM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanNorthPortFL View Post

For

Kopitar

I don't think the Buffalo assets coming LA's way would change much of anything other than depriving us of Kopitar. That package is basically a Buffalo version of the 2008 Halak, Ryder and a 2nd. You put a package like that up and another team like the Rangers will nearly double that offer. It's not close.

- R

Old
02-27-2012, 02:46 AM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
If you want to rebuild, how about something like:

BUF:
Kane
Bernier
Loktionov
Hickey
Clifford
The LA 1st not taken by CBJ, conditional 2012/2013
Saad
Beach

Warm bodies such as Richardson, Westgarth, Scott, O'Donnell

CHI:
Miller
Roy
Sekera
Leopold
Boyes
Hecht

LAK:
Vanek
Gaustad
Emery
Morin

If this doesn't have enough players involved, I can always add more.
I made a 4 team deal between LA and CBJ that was less complicated than this.

- R

Old
02-27-2012, 02:50 AM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:

Kopitar
Penner
Clifford?

For

Stafford
Pysyck
Tropp
1st
Boyes

We have to give you Clifford too? lol Sorry but that is really bad. Remember, the Kings ice a real team and that team is made up of real players and have actual positions on the ice. We're only interested in the type of players we really need badly, especially if we're talking about a very prized asset in Kopitar.

- R

Closed Thread