HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Notices

Sharks vs Wild Cont...

Old
02-26-2012, 09:42 PM
sharkbite3
Don't Go Joe

vCash: 500
I didn't see the third period. What happened with McLellan?

sharkbite3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Lazyking
Never Forget

got hit in the head by a stick.

Lazyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:44 PM
VP and GM
Havlat Sucks!

they looked tired in losing the lead and game in the 3rd. they need rest, to get people back from health problems and get back to playing their game/sharks hockey...

VP and GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:49 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSharks View Post
It's been a constant issue the past few years despite some line up changes, there's no consistency, especially in the playoffs. I don't ever see this Improving until guys like Marleau, Thornton, Pavelski, Clowe, ect are gone.

I realize these guys can really play fantastic when they give it their 100% effort, but that does not happen every night.

Comparing the current team to the teams of the early decades in 00-04.. those teams had more heart and battled hard every night, however they obviously lacked the skill compared to todays team.

I'm not saying the current sharks are bad, but if it's any indication of the past 4 years, they don't battle hard every night.
Marleau was a part of the core in the early 2000s as well. Would you lump him in the group of guys that had heart and battled hard every night?

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:50 PM
Phu

I don't know, if you ask me, playing a trench game only nullifies the strengths of our team. But I dunno, we have a bad record, we are in a horrible slump. And a lot of that is just horribly, horribly jinxed play.

I mean it's to the point where you get lights-out goaltending from a goaltender and he gets hung with a 4+gaa because of 3 perfectly bouncing tips and one insane english bounce. You could not replicate that in practice with no defense.

Phu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 09:59 PM
Phu

Oh and the icing on the cake was when the ref assisted on the zone clear at the end.

Old
02-26-2012, 09:59 PM
zombiekopitor
GOALdobin

vCash: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Marleau was a part of the core in the early 2000s as well. Would you lump him in the group of guys that had heart and battled hard every night?
He did back in the day and was an absolute treat to watch. It is also a mystery to me what has happened to this team with effort, I think I've said this before but if any of the Thornton teams played with as much heart as the 04 Sharks they would have won the cup.
Why has each team since then gotten better which each season only to care less? My favorite team to date was the 05-06 Sharks, they were by far the most fun to watch, and this team now is ten times more skilled yet it's been painful to watch them for a majority of the season.

zombiekopitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:02 PM
Pinkfloyd

vCash: 2283
Quote:
Originally Posted by 88eight View Post
He did back in the day and was an absolute treat to watch. It is also a mystery to me what has happened to this team with effort, I think I've said this before but if any of the Thornton teams played with as much heart as the 04 Sharks they would have won the cup.
Why has each team since then gotten better which each season only to care less? My favorite team to date was the 05-06 Sharks, they were by far the most fun to watch, and this team now is ten times more skilled yet it's been painful to watch them for a majority of the season.
The 05-06 season was weird but it was mostly due to all the changes. Pretty much half of every game was spent on special teams...or at least it felt like it. lol

Pinkfloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:23 PM
Gene Parmesan
Ball-So-Hard-U

9 games in 16 days. It was a bad road trip for a multitude of reasons. Losses, injuries and a real ****** streak of bad luck. They aren't dead. They will win tuesday. The Flyers goalies are worse than ours right now hahaha

Gene Parmesan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:30 PM
Rickety Cricket

Quote:
Kevin Kurz

As if trip wasn't bad enough, Sharks have mechanical problems with plane and are forced to stay overnight in Minny.

less than 1 minute ago
This comical at this point.

Rickety Cricket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:30 PM
SharksFan1

vCash: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
So.... wtf happened to Koala? I mean is there any video of it or anything? How does a player from the other team hit a coach with his stick? Is anyone else confused and skeptical?
I have a feeling it was a playing on the sharks that hit him jumping back on the bench after their shift.

SharksFan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:33 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety Cricket View Post
They can all go party with Seto.

But seriously, this is just the roadtrip from hell.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:36 PM
Phu

Quote:
So.... wtf happened to Koala? I mean is there any video of it or anything? How does a player from the other team hit a coach with his stick? Is anyone else confused and skeptical?
I am, but there appears to be no video of the actual incident. I wonder if there is any possible repercussion for carelessly losing control of your stick like that? Could we take people out on the opponent's bench "by mistake"?

Old
02-26-2012, 10:39 PM
dwood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalJen View Post
Well then color me surprised that Jamie McGinn (let alone Clowe) didn't do anything to stand up for his buddy.

I think it has to go deeper than that. Even Douglas Murray isn't as physical this year. Clowe's anything but. And those are the few guys, with McGinn, that I expect it from. Hell, that's not even including Vandermeer or Winchester who may not be the most successful tough guys, but they've shown to be willing.

And again, I'm not just talking about fighting. Rather the whole physical aspect of the game.
Mclellan definitely has a lot to do with it. I've seen interviews where he's basically said he wants the guys to avoid physical stuff and focus on other things. He is definitely a finesse guy.

dwood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:42 PM
Phu

Quote:
Mclellan definitely has a lot to do with it. I've seen interviews where he's basically said he wants the guys to avoid physical stuff and focus on other things. He is definitely a finesse guy.
Not just that but Mcginn did get a soft as hell roughing penalty earlier in the game, so the refs pretty much dictated that they would allow our guys to get run and would penalize us if we fought back.

Old
02-26-2012, 10:44 PM
Sharksfan83

vCash: 50
Quote:
Probably left Niemi in charge of booking the plane. USELESS!

Sharksfan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:54 PM
sjsharklover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharksfan83 View Post
Probably left Niemi in charge of booking the plane. USELESS!
just finished watching the game on dvr. Bret Hedican should be coach. his comments after the game shows that He gets it. make a trade .make a change .do it now. this team is to F#@#ing soft. don't blame the road trip you have to win on the road in the playoffs. They wont. Out in the first round. Stand up for Coutre. does anybody now disagrees with the team being soft...pathetic

Last edited by sjsharklover: 02-26-2012 at 11:07 PM.
sjsharklover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 10:54 PM
dwood16

Quote:
Originally Posted by juantimer View Post
Not just that but Mcginn did get a soft as hell roughing penalty earlier in the game, so the refs pretty much dictated that they would allow our guys to get run and would penalize us if we fought back.
This is true and the Sharks have been royally ****ed over by the refs lately. However, I'm sure TM's message to the players was to just not do ANYTHING that could possibly get called. When he could've actually came out and stuck up for his players publicly after those **** games. If he gets fined at least we know he cares and so do his players. Then they might be able to play their game and get a few calls. Or at least have the league's attention. Those officials should've been reprimanded at the very least imo.

dwood16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:04 PM
Felys

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsharklover View Post
just finished watching the game on dvr. Bret Hedican should be coach. his comments after the game shows that He gets it. make a trade .make a change .do it now. this team is to F#@#ing soft. don't blame the road trip you have to win on the road in the playoffs. They wont. Out in the first round. Stand up for Coutre. does anybody now disagrees with the team being soft...pathetic

Oh god yes please.

Felys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:05 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

vCash: 567
I've said this before, but I'd love Hedican as our defensive coordinator. He knows his stuff.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:18 PM
Spacemania
Murray says: Rawr!

Send a message via MSN to Spacemania
Quote:
they just can't get off this nightmare road trip fast enough.

Spacemania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:22 PM
SonomaShark
SJ Chokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsharklover View Post
Especially with Crankshaft out, and Clowe playing as soft as a down pillow.

SonomaShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:29 PM
StreetSharks
#19 Joe Trollton

vCash: 327
Quote:
Better on the ground than in the air.

StreetSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:43 PM
Brent Burns
TROTZTROTZTROTZTROTZ

Hedican is not realistic, guy is a family man now with a job close to his family. But definitely agree with his attitude. There are really no excuses, you gotta just win at this point.

Brent Burns is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Clowe Me

A good nights sleep may do the team well.....

I got nothing else.

Clowe Me is online now   Reply With Quote