HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sharks vs Wild Cont...

Old
02-27-2012, 12:05 AM
SHAR KS
3-0

vCash: 50
Who's ready for the 10 game winning streak coming up?

SHAR KS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:10 AM
GreatGonzo
Registered Derp

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSharks View Post
It's been a constant issue the past few years despite some line up changes, there's no consistency, especially in the playoffs. I don't ever see this Improving until guys like Marleau, Thornton, Pavelski, Clowe, ect are gone.

I realize these guys can really play fantastic when they give it their 100% effort, but that does not happen every night.

Comparing the current team to the teams of the early decades in 00-04.. those teams had more heart and battled hard every night, however they obviously lacked the skill compared to todays team.

I'm not saying the current sharks are bad, but if it's any indication of the past 4 years, they don't battle hard every night.
I hate posts like this.

Please enlighten all of us your master plan that involves getting rid of our core group, and yet some how things would magically get better...

Please tell us all who you would get for Joe Thornton, the anchor to our offense and has been our best player this year. Who would you get that is better? Marleau and Pavs have been playing solid all year. Clowe obviously isn't the same, but that could be a result from his facial injury, but he is pretty much our only means of grit and toughness. Without him in the line up, the sharks are straight up soft.

Its funny when people try to throw out the good old "trade all our top guys! They are the problem!" without even thinking about how bad our team would be if we did that. Your right though, this current team is not as physical or feisty as they need to be, so how would getting rid of our Core offense help that? We have, and always have had problems with our D. We have Colin damn White out there for crying out loud. This team needs more grit and more nastiness. I suggest a Thug of some sort.

GreatGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:12 AM
Gene Parmesan
Ice up, son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwood16 View Post
Mclellan definitely has a lot to do with it. I've seen interviews where he's basically said he wants the guys to avoid physical stuff and focus on other things. He is definitely a finesse guy.
Never seen him say that. I'm more of the opinion he wants his team more physically engaged. The problem with that is that we've seen the Sharks be that team this year but its too few and far between. It could be a combination with no luck from the refs and a horrid pk. They just need to hit the reset button and forget this road trip.

Gene Parmesan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:12 AM
lsx

Quote:
Originally Posted by PW52 View Post
I wouldn't be pacified unless it was a win streak that carried out the rest of the season.

lsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 12:34 AM
StreetSharks
#19 Joe Trollton

vCash: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGonzo View Post
I hate posts like this.

Please enlighten all of us your master plan that involves getting rid of our core group, and yet some how things would magically get better...

Please tell us all who you would get for Joe Thornton, the anchor to our offense and has been our best player this year. Who would you get that is better? Marleau and Pavs have been playing solid all year. Clowe obviously isn't the same, but that could be a result from his facial injury, but he is pretty much our only means of grit and toughness. Without him in the line up, the sharks are straight up soft.

Its funny when people try to throw out the good old "trade all our top guys! They are the problem!" without even thinking about how bad our team would be if we did that. Your right though, this current team is not as physical or feisty as they need to be, so how would getting rid of our Core offense help that? We have, and always have had problems with our D. We have Colin damn White out there for crying out loud. This team needs more grit and more nastiness. I suggest a Thug of some sort.

I never said trade all our guys, I complained of consistency, which has been a major issue since the Sharks won the Presidents trophy.

StreetSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 01:55 AM
GreatGonzo
Registered Derp

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSharks View Post

I never said trade all our guys, I complained of consistency, which has been a major issue since the Sharks won the Presidents trophy.
I did overreact. I hate losing

Still, when reading your post, it reminded me of all those stupid comments.

GreatGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 02:38 AM
maryb

just a terrible game, to flip flop that much so quickly (get a goal, give up a goal not long after this entire road trip)

softest game i think ive seen clowe play in a long time. not even a spark of grit AFTER couture got taken to the locker room let alone sticking up for him. was decent along the boards, cant think of one other positive thing he did other than that.

where would we be without vlasic, probably his best game of the season.

mitchell and vandermeer had an alright game for what they were needed for. mitchell had some decent cycling and play, but completely failed at an open net chance and decided to pass to thornton instead (unless that puck was moving too much on him, didnt seem like it. decent on first line tonight). ferriero however....

greiss had some stellar saves, and some not so stellar. (he stopped some big opportunities and at least 2 of the goals that went in were unfortunate circumstances for him).

clutterbuck goal should have been stopped i admit, but what an amazing unassisted entry and finish. guy's a monster.

maryb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:48 AM
mkoivu9*

vCash: 2710
Quote:
Originally Posted by maryb View Post
just a terrible game, to flip flop that much so quickly (get a goal, give up a goal not long after this entire road trip)

softest game i think ive seen clowe play in a long time. not even a spark of grit AFTER couture got taken to the locker room let alone sticking up for him. was decent along the boards, cant think of one other positive thing he did other than that.

where would we be without vlasic, probably his best game of the season.

mitchell and vandermeer had an alright game for what they were needed for. mitchell had some decent cycling and play, but completely failed at an open net chance and decided to pass to thornton instead (unless that puck was moving too much on him, didnt seem like it. decent on first line tonight). ferriero however....

greiss had some stellar saves, and some not so stellar. (he stopped some big opportunities and at least 2 of the goals that went in were unfortunate circumstances for him).

clutterbuck goal should have been stopped i admit, but what an amazing unassisted entry and finish. guy's a monster.
that's what she said.

mkoivu9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:46 AM
HOOCH2173
That HOOCH is Crazy!

vCash: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by PW52 View Post
Surely you Jest!

HOOCH2173 is offline   Reply With Quote