HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Trade Deadline 2012 Discussion Part II (All credible rumors/trade talk here)

Closed Thread

Old
02-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Habsfan18

vCash: 500
NHL Trade Deadline 2012 Discussion Part II (All credible rumors/trade talk here)

Part 1: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1097897

Continue here.

02-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder

With the Grossman and Moore deal done, we can pretty much say a solid role player will go for roughly a 2nd round pick, give or take depending on skill level.

Old
02-16-2012, 09:18 PM
FeelsLike93

But anyway I wanna deal Gill+Campoli but keep Moen unless we go after a player in free agency that can fill his spot since we have nobody in the farm team that can fill his role

Last edited by hototogisu: 02-17-2012 at 09:06 AM. Reason: OT
Old
02-17-2012, 01:31 AM
Habs Junkie

I just read on NHL.com that the Habs ARE on Nash's list of teams he would be willing to waive his ntc for! Omg!!'

Here's the link. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=617254

Quote:
Let's start with Nash's no-movement clause in his contract, which puts him in control. He has reportedly given the club a list of teams he'd be willing to join. Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch reported the list includes no more than 10 teams. The Rangers, Maple Leafs, Canadiens, Kings and Sharks are believed to be on the list.

Last edited by Habs Junkie: 02-17-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Old
02-17-2012, 01:54 AM
keepcalmandbeninja

Yes...Aaron Portzline

How credible is this source? Insofar as actually knowing which teams are on that list...

Old
02-17-2012, 02:02 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
Yes...Aaron Portzline

How credible is this source? Insofar as actually knowing which teams are on that list...
He covers the Blue Jackets for the Columbus dispatch, I don't know what more you want as for credibility.

Old
02-17-2012, 02:14 AM
keepcalmandbeninja

Quote:
He covers the Blue Jackets for the Columbus dispatch, I don't know what more you want as for credibility.
Indeed...Indeed...more specifically I would like to know the credibility of HIS source...

Broken telephone sir.

Old
02-17-2012, 02:29 AM
Habs Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
Indeed...Indeed...more specifically I would like to know the credibility of HIS source...

Broken telephone sir.
I think he is the source no? Doesn't he follow the team and talk directly to players and personnel by working for the Columbus dispatch? Its not Montreal, the dispatch is probably the only paper following the team. He's probably the only journalist in the room after games lol

Old
02-17-2012, 03:31 AM
NewHabsEra*

And the shopping has started... second round pick for Dominic Moore.. Im starting to believe the ones saying we could get 2 second round picks for Moen and Gill.. And I think we could be lucky enough to get a mid first round pick for Kostitsyn.. my guess is L.A.

Old
02-17-2012, 06:39 AM
shutehinside

If Moore gets you a 2nd, AK surely gets you a 1st. That being said, trade him!

Also, I really hope Molson makes PG trade for Nash. Seeing what other teams are offering makes me think Hans can put together a complelling package that doesn't have to include Price, PK or patches. I'd be perfectly fine with trading just bout any roster player, prospect or pick for Nash. One huge card we have is our 1st pick this year. Unlike the other teams bidding, we are the only ones with a high pick.

Plex, 1st and a prospect could get it done IMO.

Old
02-17-2012, 07:00 AM
Roke

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
If Kostitsyn were from North America I think he would definitely be worth a 1st and a prospect. I think the institutional xenophobia in the NHL might affect his trade value.

Old
02-17-2012, 08:08 AM
FisherKing

Quote:

Also, I really hope Molson makes PG trade for Nash. Seeing what other teams are offering makes me think Hans can put together a complelling package that doesn't have to include Price, PK or patches. I'd be perfectly fine with trading just bout any roster player, prospect or pick for Nash. One huge card we have is our 1st pick this year. Unlike the other teams bidding, we are the only ones with a high pick.

Dunno, everyone has their own thoughts on the matter but the idea of the Habs trading for Nash doesn't really excite me, at least not as much as it probably should. I just think the price which Habs would have to pay would be too high, and personally, I wouldn't trade either Plex or Habs 1st for him, much less both. Don't get me wrong, Nash is good, no doubt about it, but the thought of trading for him doesn't really excite as much as it probably should, and both his contract and the price Habs would have to probably pay really leaves me cool on the idea. If the Habs wind up with a lottery pick, then I definitely wouldn't trade it for someone Nash's age at with his contract. At a minimum I would want a cracker jack 1st line young centre or big tough young top 4 Dman, which frankly, I don't see happening. Just my 2 cents.

Old
02-17-2012, 08:21 AM
idk

Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
Dunno, everyone has their own thoughts on the matter but the idea of the Habs trading for Nash doesn't really excite me, at least not as much as it probably should. I just think the price which Habs would have to pay would be too high, and personally, I wouldn't trade either Plex or Habs 1st for him, much less both. Don't get me wrong, Nash is good, no doubt about it, but the thought of trading for him doesn't really excite as much as it probably should, and both his contract and the price Habs would have to probably pay really leaves me cool on the idea. If the Habs wind up with a lottery pick, then I definitely wouldn't trade it for someone Nash's age at with his contract. At a minimum I would want a cracker jack 1st line young centre or big tough young top 4 Dman, which frankly, I don't see happening. Just my 2 cents.
I don't know. An elite level scoring winger is something this team hasn't had for a long time. Since Richer I suppose. I'm not advocating this team go nuts and part with one of our key young players (Max, Carey or PK) but I think we have to go hard at him if he's open to coming to Montreal. It's not very often you get the opportunity to acquire that type of player.

Old
02-17-2012, 08:53 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:

So you want to trade a lotery pick, a solid prospect and a guy who is 1 year older and has as many points as Nash and who's better defensively for a 7,8mil, 30-35 goals, 65-70 points scorer ?

Man, Rick Nash IS the most overrated player in the league... This trade would be the equivalence of the Gomez trade...

Old
02-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
So you want to trade a lotery pick, a solid prospect and a guy who is 1 year older and has as many points as Nash and who's better defensively for a 7,8mil, 30-35 goals, 65-70 points scorer ?

Man, Rick Nash IS the most overrated player in the league... This trade would be the equivalence of the Gomez trade...
There is more than stats with Nash. Also at this point, we still dont know what kind of pick we are getting in the 1st round this year.

I'd like to no move Plekanec but if it's need for a Nash type of player, see you.

Old
02-17-2012, 09:47 AM
MTL-rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun View Post
There is more than stats with Nash. Also at this point, we still dont know what kind of pick we are getting in the 1st round this year.

I'd like to no move Plekanec but if it's need for a Nash type of player, see you.
And with Plekanec also...

So far, it's a lotery pick. If at year's end we have the 9th or 10th pick, then I might consider trading it for Nash... right now, it would be stupid and massive overpayment.

Nash is still extremely overrated. The guy had one, only one ppg season in his career. He needs a center to produce good numbers and we would trade that center in the deal. Trading Plekanec in order to get Nash would be AT BEST a lateral move. If we trade our pick and prospects, it would set us back a few years... just like the stupid Gomez deal.

I hated the Gomez deal when it happened and I was right. If Nash is acquired while we give Plekanec away and other good assets... then I really really hope I'll be wrong this time, because the last 3 years haven't been funny at all.

Old
02-17-2012, 01:28 PM
Roulin

The Red Wings could be in the market for a depth forward and a depth defenseman to augment their West-leading roster. Ansar Khan of MLive.com took a look at Montreal forward Travis Moen, who is a pending unrestricted free agent, and thinks he could be a solid fit for the Red Wings.

"Coach Mike Babcock might have had Moen in mind when spoke recently about his desire to add a 'heavy winger,'" Khan wrote. "Moen would make the Red Wings harder to play against and help a mediocre penalty kill. He played a key role on Anaheim's 2007 Stanley Cup-winning club."

Kahn suggests it might cost a second-tier prospect or a second-round pick to land Moen, and given the price San Jose paid for Dominic Moore on Thursday (a 2012 second-round pick while also getting a seventh with Moore), that sounds about right.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=617461

Old
02-17-2012, 01:31 PM
cap10bfl

Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
And with Plekanec also...

So far, it's a lotery pick. If at year's end we have the 9th or 10th pick, then I might consider trading it for Nash... right now, it would be stupid and massive overpayment.

Nash is still extremely overrated. The guy had one, only one ppg season in his career. He needs a center to produce good numbers and we would trade that center in the deal. Trading Plekanec in order to get Nash would be AT BEST a lateral move. If we trade our pick and prospects, it would set us back a few years... just like the stupid Gomez deal.

I hated the Gomez deal when it happened and I was right. If Nash is acquired while we give Plekanec away and other good assets... then I really really hope I'll be wrong this time, because the last 3 years haven't been funny at all.
I agree, however I would then look to deal eller instead of plekanec...

Even though I drather trade plekanec and finally get a bonafide top line center, just imagine we can trade eller beaulieu and a first or what not for nash, just imagine our forward line...

Nash Pleks Bourque
Patches DD Cole
Moen LL UFA/Kostitsyn
White UFA Darche

Pretty sick if you ask me

Old
02-17-2012, 01:49 PM
Habs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
I just read on NHL.com that the Habs ARE on Nash's list of teams he would be willing to waive his ntc for! Omg!!'

Here's the link. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=617254
Doesn't make sense, since it appears they want a goalie and stud dman.. plus what about the cap?

Old
02-17-2012, 05:41 PM
shutehinside

Quote:

Yes. Why?
Plex because we need to clear cap space and As an inticement for that centre that the BJs have sought.
Prospect are prospects. We have a bunch of the, and none have anywhere near the potential that Nash already has.
1st rounder because it's an asset we have that most teams who are sniffing around don't have. Also, draft picks are great, but at the end of the day they're based on potential. Nash has realized potential and IS an All World player. A 5th pick overall may or may not pan out. The list of failed #5 picks is long and fraught with failure. Nash is what he is. A bona fide, legitimate NHL sniper who can and does change the complexion of a game and would be the best winger we've had since Lafleur.

Keep in mind that Nash had multiple 40 and 30 goal seasons with NO help. Put Nash on a team with some depth and a centre and he can be even better than what he's been in the past, which is All World. Players like him don't come very often and when they do, the team that trades for the Star player seldomn loses the trade.

This is a win win for Montreal. Game breaker player out of the bo. Don't have to worry about developing or him being a bust. Just instant results on a team that isn't as bad as most people think.

Price, Subban, Patches as core players and Nash added tot he mix and we could actually be contenders for once, rather than contenders.

Also, once the Habs vanquish Gomez, they'll have another $7+million to be afford a star centre or a star defensman to compliment PK and Markov. Pieces could come together quickly in the off season.

Old
02-18-2012, 09:16 AM
BigHab*

Personally, I would consider moving a second for Brassard. He's still young, has upside, good size and is French. What is not to like about this kid?

Old
02-18-2012, 09:55 AM
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHab View Post
Personally, I would consider moving a second for Brassard. He's still young, has upside, good size and is French. What is not to like about this kid?
His cap hit?

Old
02-18-2012, 10:16 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHab View Post
He has a big cap hit and was a healthy scratch on a few occasions.

Old
02-18-2012, 12:11 PM
BigHab*

That issue could be easily fixed depending upon whom else Mr. Gauthier moves out and if we only receive picks and young prospects in return. I would think that Brassard might just be a good fit in Montreal.

Old
02-18-2012, 12:18 PM
SnapVirus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He has a big cap hit and was a healthy scratch on a few occasions.
Yeah but if you look at his ppg in 2012. And you put apart his 2011 games, he played pretty well, since not playing with jambons on the 4th line.

Closed Thread