HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Trade Deadline 2012 Discussion Part II (All credible rumors/trade talk here)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-16-2012, 08:21 PM
  #1
Habsfan18
Registered User
 
Habsfan18's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,552
vCash: 500
NHL Trade Deadline 2012 Discussion Part II (All credible rumors/trade talk here)

Part 1: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1097897

Continue here.

__________________
Interested in checking out 50+ years worth of covers from "The Hockey News?" Check out my collection here: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1382901
Habsfan18 is offline  
Old
02-16-2012, 09:01 PM
  #2
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,912
vCash: 500
With the Grossman and Moore deal done, we can pretty much say a solid role player will go for roughly a 2nd round pick, give or take depending on skill level.

Em Ancien is offline  
Old
02-16-2012, 09:18 PM
  #3
FeelsLike93
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 748
vCash: 500
But anyway I wanna deal Gill+Campoli but keep Moen unless we go after a player in free agency that can fill his spot since we have nobody in the farm team that can fill his role


Last edited by hototogisu: 02-17-2012 at 09:06 AM. Reason: OT
FeelsLike93 is offline  
Old
02-17-2012, 01:31 AM
  #4
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,147
vCash: 500
I just read on NHL.com that the Habs ARE on Nash's list of teams he would be willing to waive his ntc for! Omg!!'

Here's the link. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=617254

Quote:
Let's start with Nash's no-movement clause in his contract, which puts him in control. He has reportedly given the club a list of teams he'd be willing to join. Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch reported the list includes no more than 10 teams. The Rangers, Maple Leafs, Canadiens, Kings and Sharks are believed to be on the list.


Last edited by Habs Junkie: 02-17-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Habs Junkie is offline  
Old
02-17-2012, 01:54 AM
  #5
keepcalmandbeninja
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,094
vCash: 500
Yes...Aaron Portzline

How credible is this source? Insofar as actually knowing which teams are on that list...

keepcalmandbeninja is offline  
Old
02-17-2012, 02:02 AM
  #6
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
Yes...Aaron Portzline

How credible is this source? Insofar as actually knowing which teams are on that list...
He covers the Blue Jackets for the Columbus dispatch, I don't know what more you want as for credibility.

Habs Junkie is offline  
Old
02-17-2012, 02:14 AM
  #7
keepcalmandbeninja
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,094
vCash: 500
Quote:
He covers the Blue Jackets for the Columbus dispatch, I don't know what more you want as for credibility.
Indeed...Indeed...more specifically I would like to know the credibility of HIS source...

Broken telephone sir.

keepcalmandbeninja is offline  
Old
02-17-2012, 02:29 AM
  #8
Habs Junkie
Registered User
 
Habs Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,147
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannicanella View Post
Indeed...Indeed...more specifically I would like to know the credibility of HIS source...

Broken telephone sir.
I think he is the source no? Doesn't he follow the team and talk directly to players and personnel by working for the Columbus dispatch? Its not Montreal, the dispatch is probably the only paper following the team. He's probably the only journalist in the room after games lol

Habs Junkie is offline  
Old
02-17-2012, 03:31 AM
  #9
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
And the shopping has started... second round pick for Dominic Moore.. Im starting to believe the ones saying we could get 2 second round picks for Moen and Gill.. And I think we could be lucky enough to get a mid first round pick for Kostitsyn.. my guess is L.A.

NewHabsEra* is offline  
Old
02-17-2012, 06:39 AM
  #10
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,536
vCash: 500
If Moore gets you a 2nd, AK surely gets you a 1st. That being said, trade him!

Also, I really hope Molson makes PG trade for Nash. Seeing what other teams are offering makes me think Hans can put together a complelling package that doesn't have to include Price, PK or patches. I'd be perfectly fine with trading just bout any roster player, prospect or pick for Nash. One huge card we have is our 1st pick this year. Unlike the other teams bidding, we are the only ones with a high pick.

Plex, 1st and a prospect could get it done IMO.

shutehinside is online now  
Old
02-17-2012, 07:00 AM
  #11
Roke
Registered User
 
Roke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,889
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
If Moore gets you a 2nd, AK surely gets you a 1st. That being said, trade him!
If Kostitsyn were from North America I think he would definitely be worth a 1st and a prospect. I think the institutional xenophobia in the NHL might affect his trade value.

Roke is offline  
Old
02-17-2012, 08:08 AM
  #12
FisherKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: New Brunswick
Posts: 1,284
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
If Moore gets you a 2nd, AK surely gets you a 1st. That being said, trade him!

Also, I really hope Molson makes PG trade for Nash. Seeing what other teams are offering makes me think Hans can put together a complelling package that doesn't have to include Price, PK or patches. I'd be perfectly fine with trading just bout any roster player, prospect or pick for Nash. One huge card we have is our 1st pick this year. Unlike the other teams bidding, we are the only ones with a high pick.

Plex, 1st and a prospect could get it done IMO.
Dunno, everyone has their own thoughts on the matter but the idea of the Habs trading for Nash doesn't really excite me, at least not as much as it probably should. I just think the price which Habs would have to pay would be too high, and personally, I wouldn't trade either Plex or Habs 1st for him, much less both. Don't get me wrong, Nash is good, no doubt about it, but the thought of trading for him doesn't really excite as much as it probably should, and both his contract and the price Habs would have to probably pay really leaves me cool on the idea. If the Habs wind up with a lottery pick, then I definitely wouldn't trade it for someone Nash's age at with his contract. At a minimum I would want a cracker jack 1st line young centre or big tough young top 4 Dman, which frankly, I don't see happening. Just my 2 cents.

FisherKing is offline  
Old
02-17-2012, 08:21 AM
  #13
idk
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FisherKing View Post
Dunno, everyone has their own thoughts on the matter but the idea of the Habs trading for Nash doesn't really excite me, at least not as much as it probably should. I just think the price which Habs would have to pay would be too high, and personally, I wouldn't trade either Plex or Habs 1st for him, much less both. Don't get me wrong, Nash is good, no doubt about it, but the thought of trading for him doesn't really excite as much as it probably should, and both his contract and the price Habs would have to probably pay really leaves me cool on the idea. If the Habs wind up with a lottery pick, then I definitely wouldn't trade it for someone Nash's age at with his contract. At a minimum I would want a cracker jack 1st line young centre or big tough young top 4 Dman, which frankly, I don't see happening. Just my 2 cents.
I don't know. An elite level scoring winger is something this team hasn't had for a long time. Since Richer I suppose. I'm not advocating this team go nuts and part with one of our key young players (Max, Carey or PK) but I think we have to go hard at him if he's open to coming to Montreal. It's not very often you get the opportunity to acquire that type of player.

idk is offline  
Old
02-17-2012, 08:53 AM
  #14
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutehinside View Post
If Moore gets you a 2nd, AK surely gets you a 1st. That being said, trade him!

Also, I really hope Molson makes PG trade for Nash. Seeing what other teams are offering makes me think Hans can put together a complelling package that doesn't have to include Price, PK or patches. I'd be perfectly fine with trading just bout any roster player, prospect or pick for Nash. One huge card we have is our 1st pick this year. Unlike the other teams bidding, we are the only ones with a high pick.

Plex, 1st and a prospect could get it done IMO.
So you want to trade a lotery pick, a solid prospect and a guy who is 1 year older and has as many points as Nash and who's better defensively for a 7,8mil, 30-35 goals, 65-70 points scorer ?

Man, Rick Nash IS the most overrated player in the league... This trade would be the equivalence of the Gomez trade...

MTL-rules is offline  
Old
02-17-2012, 09:36 AM
  #15
Anksun
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,567
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
So you want to trade a lotery pick, a solid prospect and a guy who is 1 year older and has as many points as Nash and who's better defensively for a 7,8mil, 30-35 goals, 65-70 points scorer ?

Man, Rick Nash IS the most overrated player in the league... This trade would be the equivalence of the Gomez trade...
There is more than stats with Nash. Also at this point, we still dont know what kind of pick we are getting in the 1st round this year.

I'd like to no move Plekanec but if it's need for a Nash type of player, see you.

Anksun is offline  
Old
02-17-2012, 09:47 AM
  #16
MTL-rules
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 6,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun View Post
There is more than stats with Nash. Also at this point, we still dont know what kind of pick we are getting in the 1st round this year.

I'd like to no move Plekanec but if it's need for a Nash type of player, see you.
And with Plekanec also...

So far, it's a lotery pick. If at year's end we have the 9th or 10th pick, then I might consider trading it for Nash... right now, it would be stupid and massive overpayment.

Nash is still extremely overrated. The guy had one, only one ppg season in his career. He needs a center to produce good numbers and we would trade that center in the deal. Trading Plekanec in order to get Nash would be AT BEST a lateral move. If we trade our pick and prospects, it would set us back a few years... just like the stupid Gomez deal.

I hated the Gomez deal when it happened and I was right. If Nash is acquired while we give Plekanec away and other good assets... then I really really hope I'll be wrong this time, because the last 3 years haven't been funny at all.

MTL-rules is offline  
Old
02-17-2012, 01:28 PM
  #17
Roulin
Registered User
 
Roulin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4,242
vCash: 500
The Red Wings could be in the market for a depth forward and a depth defenseman to augment their West-leading roster. Ansar Khan of MLive.com took a look at Montreal forward Travis Moen, who is a pending unrestricted free agent, and thinks he could be a solid fit for the Red Wings.

"Coach Mike Babcock might have had Moen in mind when spoke recently about his desire to add a 'heavy winger,'" Khan wrote. "Moen would make the Red Wings harder to play against and help a mediocre penalty kill. He played a key role on Anaheim's 2007 Stanley Cup-winning club."

Kahn suggests it might cost a second-tier prospect or a second-round pick to land Moen, and given the price San Jose paid for Dominic Moore on Thursday (a 2012 second-round pick while also getting a seventh with Moore), that sounds about right.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=617461

Roulin is offline  
Old
02-17-2012, 01:31 PM
  #18
cap10bfl
Registered User
 
cap10bfl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Laval, Qc
Country: Portugal
Posts: 1,957
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to cap10bfl
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
And with Plekanec also...

So far, it's a lotery pick. If at year's end we have the 9th or 10th pick, then I might consider trading it for Nash... right now, it would be stupid and massive overpayment.

Nash is still extremely overrated. The guy had one, only one ppg season in his career. He needs a center to produce good numbers and we would trade that center in the deal. Trading Plekanec in order to get Nash would be AT BEST a lateral move. If we trade our pick and prospects, it would set us back a few years... just like the stupid Gomez deal.

I hated the Gomez deal when it happened and I was right. If Nash is acquired while we give Plekanec away and other good assets... then I really really hope I'll be wrong this time, because the last 3 years haven't been funny at all.
I agree, however I would then look to deal eller instead of plekanec...

Even though I drather trade plekanec and finally get a bonafide top line center, just imagine we can trade eller beaulieu and a first or what not for nash, just imagine our forward line...

Nash Pleks Bourque
Patches DD Cole
Moen LL UFA/Kostitsyn
White UFA Darche

Pretty sick if you ask me

cap10bfl is offline  
Old
02-17-2012, 01:49 PM
  #19
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,591
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs Junkie View Post
I just read on NHL.com that the Habs ARE on Nash's list of teams he would be willing to waive his ntc for! Omg!!'

Here's the link. http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=617254
Doesn't make sense, since it appears they want a goalie and stud dman.. plus what about the cap?

Habs is offline  
Old
02-17-2012, 05:41 PM
  #20
shutehinside
Registered User
 
shutehinside's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTL-rules View Post
So you want to trade a lotery pick, a solid prospect and a guy who is 1 year older and has as many points as Nash and who's better defensively for a 7,8mil, 30-35 goals, 65-70 points scorer ?

Man, Rick Nash IS the most overrated player in the league... This trade would be the equivalence of the Gomez trade...
Yes. Why?
Plex because we need to clear cap space and As an inticement for that centre that the BJs have sought.
Prospect are prospects. We have a bunch of the, and none have anywhere near the potential that Nash already has.
1st rounder because it's an asset we have that most teams who are sniffing around don't have. Also, draft picks are great, but at the end of the day they're based on potential. Nash has realized potential and IS an All World player. A 5th pick overall may or may not pan out. The list of failed #5 picks is long and fraught with failure. Nash is what he is. A bona fide, legitimate NHL sniper who can and does change the complexion of a game and would be the best winger we've had since Lafleur.

Keep in mind that Nash had multiple 40 and 30 goal seasons with NO help. Put Nash on a team with some depth and a centre and he can be even better than what he's been in the past, which is All World. Players like him don't come very often and when they do, the team that trades for the Star player seldomn loses the trade.

This is a win win for Montreal. Game breaker player out of the bo. Don't have to worry about developing or him being a bust. Just instant results on a team that isn't as bad as most people think.

Price, Subban, Patches as core players and Nash added tot he mix and we could actually be contenders for once, rather than contenders.

Also, once the Habs vanquish Gomez, they'll have another $7+million to be afford a star centre or a star defensman to compliment PK and Markov. Pieces could come together quickly in the off season.

shutehinside is online now  
Old
02-18-2012, 09:16 AM
  #21
BigHab*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 227
vCash: 500
Personally, I would consider moving a second for Brassard. He's still young, has upside, good size and is French. What is not to like about this kid?

BigHab* is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 09:55 AM
  #22
Andrighetto Fabolous
Ghetto
 
Andrighetto Fabolous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,780
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHab View Post
Personally, I would consider moving a second for Brassard. He's still young, has upside, good size and is French. What is not to like about this kid?
His cap hit?

Andrighetto Fabolous is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 10:16 AM
  #23
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 32,328
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHab View Post
Personally, I would consider moving a second for Brassard. He's still young, has upside, good size and is French. What is not to like about this kid?
He has a big cap hit and was a healthy scratch on a few occasions.

Monctonscout is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 12:11 PM
  #24
BigHab*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 227
vCash: 500
That issue could be easily fixed depending upon whom else Mr. Gauthier moves out and if we only receive picks and young prospects in return. I would think that Brassard might just be a good fit in Montreal.

BigHab* is offline  
Old
02-18-2012, 12:18 PM
  #25
SnapVirus
Registered User
 
SnapVirus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Mtl., QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,104
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
He has a big cap hit and was a healthy scratch on a few occasions.
Yeah but if you look at his ppg in 2012. And you put apart his 2011 games, he played pretty well, since not playing with jambons on the 4th line.

SnapVirus is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:37 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.