HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade deadline! (AKA we got Carter who cares what else happens)

Closed Thread

Old
02-27-2012, 01:54 AM
drbob

vCash: 500
have mixed feeling towards Stoll:

cuz he's great on the face offs and good on shoot-outs,

but has been disappointing this season otherwise and isn't cheap,

so I say keep him, and if we can keep him next season for a reasonable salary like $2M/yr. that's ok, cuz we don't have anyone else who can take draws...

Old
02-27-2012, 01:57 AM
bobafettish*

Quote:
Originally Posted by drbob View Post
unless it is a minor one,

which Jimmy Fox thinks they will make a minor trade by deadline.

btw, here's an interesting article, but I think the only mistake DL made was to be so perfunctory in telling JJ that he's traded, good luck, and good-bye, if that is indeed how it went down, should have been effusive in praising JJ and thanking him in detail for him not holding out and signing a cap friendly contract,

but he has every right to trade him after saying they were going to have a long term relationship with the new contract:

http://www.jewelsfromthecrown.com/20...-him?ref=yahoo
didnt read all of it but from what i took from what i did read was DL is full of **** but im ok with it.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:01 AM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonSwanson View Post
Hey guys. No need to tell us you're going to be in class tomorrow. Okay, thanks.
Just in case you didn't know, I'm going to be in class.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:14 AM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Hey guys. No need to tell us you're going to be in class tomorrow. Okay, thanks.
Agreed, everybody should just send you a PM instead.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:17 AM
drugold
drunk, goals&swagger

vCash: 1015
I want to keep Stoll for the playoffs. The only reason I would trade him is if we needed the cap space to sign a better player. He was solid during the playoffs.

If we cant get decent pics for Penner. Keep him.

We need depth to cover injuries

Old
02-27-2012, 02:26 AM
kingsfan25

Breaking news: Former Rangers GM Neil Smith states his most regretted deadline move is getting rid of Matty Norstrom.

More on this story as it develops.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:26 AM
riseandfall9

Just woke up from my Nap. Now I am going to watch a few movies and I will be on a 4 AM ready for my Trade Deadline 3 day weekend

My Cable provider stopped NHL Network... Anywhere else I can watch the TSN Deadline coverage?

THANKS!

Old
02-27-2012, 02:27 AM
Martyros

Quote:
I'll be at school, not necessarily in class though.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:28 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
I'll be at school, not necessarily in class though.
Rofl... ziNg

Ron you have AIM?

Im trying to get people on the old school AOL instant messenger for Trade deadline day.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:31 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Will be interesting to see what happens. Probably a minor move for the bottom 6, or we send out Penner as a "rental", or we may even surprise everyone and go for a fill-in second liner So many possibilities, unlikely, but exciting Get it done Dean.

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Old
02-27-2012, 02:37 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

NHL.com will stream NHL Network and air the Trade Deadline starting at 5AM PST, http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=618762

I guarantee this year's deadline will be a major dud. Not too many sellers on the market this year.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:39 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
NHL.com will stream NHL Network and air the Trade Deadline starting at 5AM PST, http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=618762

I guarantee this year's deadline will be a major dud. Not too many sellers on the market this year.
Probably. Especially since several of the key rentals re-signed.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:43 AM
Ollie Weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Will be interesting to see what happens. Probably a minor move for the bottom 6, or we send out Penner as a "rental", or we may even surprise everyone and go for a fill-in second liner So many possibilities, unlikely, but exciting Get it done Dean.
This might seem as coming at an odd time, but has anyone ever mentioned that you use the "blowing a raspberry" smilie at a downright alarming rate?

Old
02-27-2012, 02:43 AM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Quote:

I remember last year's being a snooze-fest as well. This year's may top that handily in the boredom department.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:50 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:

Hi Ziggy .... good seeing you around the boards again.

While I agree it should be a major dud. Its still fun on a Monday morning with nothing to do And even if the Kings do nothing its good to see or project what our competition does.

Another thing to think about.... All the other ones were suppose to be so AMAZING but were virtually duds Penner was like the best trade last year pretty much. So maybe this year were expecting a dud and it is fun! haha Maybe I am just too excited and optimistic about deadline day!

Old
02-27-2012, 02:50 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I remember last year's being a snooze-fest as well. This year's may top that handily in the boredom department.
It's certainly looking that way. Check out the trade tracker from 2011, http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=67765

The biggest trade from last year's deadline was Penner to LA, followed by Arnott to Washington, Higgins to Vancouver, and Wideman to Washington. The most significant trades from last year occurred days prior to the deadline, with the Penguins acquiring James Neal for Alex Goligoski and the Blues acquiring Chris Stewart and Kevin Shattenkirk for Erik Johnson and Jay McClement.

This year's big trade is looking like it already happened with Jeff Carter being acquired for Jack Johnson.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:51 AM
riseandfall9

Quote:
Yeah.. that one was projected to be real great though.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:52 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Here's a link for the 2012 trade tracker,
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=70000

Old
02-27-2012, 02:53 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Weeks View Post
This might seem as coming at an odd time, but has anyone ever mentioned that you use the "blowing a raspberry" smilie at a downright alarming rate?
I definitely use it as often as a 13 year old girl. Don't think I could break the habit, been doing it for 21 years. I am often a sarcastic/playful conversationalist IRL and I learned early that it is very hard to convey online. They usually set my tone better and lead to less hostilities.

P.S. I read all of your posts in the voice of Al Swearengen, with curses adding in between various words in my head

Old
02-27-2012, 02:55 AM
redcard

Quote:
I'll be in the office tomorrow....not sure if you needed to know that since you only gave the school kids your leave not to report to you...figured I'd let you know anyway to be safe.

Old
02-27-2012, 02:57 AM
riseandfall9

what the heck is a blowing raspberry smile?

I assume we use this thread now not the Rumors:2011-12 All Purpose trade thread?

Old
02-27-2012, 03:19 AM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
I'll be in the office tomorrow....not sure if you needed to know that since you only gave the school kids your leave not to report to you...figured I'd let you know anyway to be safe.
That's better.

Old
02-27-2012, 03:24 AM
Willard
Kings All The Way

Quote:
If you're excited about 6 or 7 hours of examination of the remarkable phenomenon of Rick Nash, The Hockey Player, plus lots of commercials this trade deadline show will definitely be for you.

Old
02-27-2012, 03:40 AM
Cruel11
Son, just don't.

You guys are not gonna miss much. Don't think there will be any big trades...at least for the Kings.

Anyways, i'm gonna be hanging around here.

Old
02-27-2012, 03:52 AM
Minor Boarding

According to fellow Pens fans (akka those fans that think the NHL has been established with the 2005 NHL draft) the Kings need to trade Brown for Paul Martin, who impresses with his 1 goal this season and a caphit of $5mio and signed till 2015?

Take a moment and humor yourself at work reading through this.

Closed Thread