HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Jersey & Merchandise Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-10-2014, 08:56 PM
La Flame

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Richard View Post
Where's the shoulder crests?????
For whatever reason they're hidden from sight! Guess it's due to the way it's hanging.

Old
08-10-2014, 10:55 PM
danielpalfredsson

Olympic Team Canada jerseys are on sale for 70 bucks at Sportchek. They only have home/away on their website, but they had a few black ones in store.

You can also get 10 percent off if you sign up to their mailing list. Not a terrible deal at 70 or so bucks all in.

http://www.sportchek.ca/product/inde...uctId=21441866

Last edited by danielpalfredsson: 08-10-2014 at 11:07 PM.
Old
08-18-2014, 12:10 AM
Area Man

Hi guys

I've come across this thread a time or two and it definitely seems to be frequented by some extremely knowledgeable fans so I was hoping that someone on here might be able to help answer a question for me.
The question is, what the heck jersey is this (hopefully the image attached properly - not a regular frequenter of these boards so I might have botched it...)
Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg miscsensjersey.jpg‎ (54.0 KB, 15 views)

Old
08-18-2014, 12:42 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area Man View Post
Hi guys

I've come across this thread a time or two and it definitely seems to be frequented by some extremely knowledgeable fans so I was hoping that someone on here might be able to help answer a question for me.
The question is, what the heck jersey is this (hopefully the image attached properly - not a regular frequenter of these boards so I might have botched it...)
Cheers
Looks like a fan sweatshirt to me. Cool older piece, back when "sweatshirts-that-look-sort-of-like-jerseys" were cool, in the early-mid 90's. Probably made specifically for the inaugural season.

Puma had a good line of NHL gear back in the day, it was quality stuff compared to a lot of the cheaper junk that was out there.

Old
08-18-2014, 10:36 AM
Methot Man
The Rhythm Methot

I bought the original, black Maciver jersey on EBAY - now I'm REALLY broke. Beautiful jersey for the collection.

Old
08-18-2014, 10:46 AM
danielpalfredsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
Looks like a fan sweatshirt to me. Cool older piece, back when "sweatshirts-that-look-sort-of-like-jerseys" were cool, in the early-mid 90's. Probably made specifically for the inaugural season.

Puma had a good line of NHL gear back in the day, it was quality stuff compared to a lot of the cheaper junk that was out there.
Yeah, I would guess it's the same idea as the jerseys they have in Target now that are jerseys/sweat shirts but are nothing the Senators have ever worn.

....I'm guessing you're right about the inaugural season because I could see no other reason why it'd use the number 92.

Old
08-18-2014, 11:11 AM
tlkearsey

Hey guys,

I have a brand new (with tags) RBK Premier Replica Away Robin Lehner jersey my wife had ordered from CoolHockey.com for my birthday. She ordered an XL, but I needed an XXL for playing in goal. I tried it on and it just doesn't fit over my arm gear.

Problem is, it can't be returned as the name was custom numbering on the jersey.

She paid the regular price and I have the invoice there to prove it's legit. The cost was $159 plus taxes and shipping.

I'm just trying to sell it to recoup some of the costs and in turn order the right sized one that I can actually use for the coming season. Realizing I'm probably gonna have to eat some of the costs on it, but if anyone is interested I'd certainly love to sell it.

Old
08-18-2014, 07:16 PM
li7039

vCash: 915
Sens game used memorbilia

Quick question, does anyone know if the Sens sell game used memorabilia (specifically game used pucks) either thru a dealer or online? Looking for a puck used on March 18th vs the Rangers. Thanks.

Old
08-18-2014, 07:21 PM
h2owned

vCash: 232
Why do you want to commemorate that 8-4 beatdown? God why did I pay extra for 200s that game and bring a Nash fan with me

Old
08-18-2014, 08:00 PM
li7039

vCash: 915
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2owned View Post
Why do you want to commemorate that 8-4 beatdown? God why did I pay extra for 200s that game and bring a Nash fan with me
I'm a Ranger fan haha. That game gave Lundqvist the franchise wins record. Looking to pick up one from that game, his record breaking shutout vs NJ in March, and his 300th win at MSG.

Old
08-18-2014, 08:31 PM
danielpalfredsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by li7039 View Post
Quick question, does anyone know if the Sens sell game used memorabilia (specifically game used pucks) either thru a dealer or online? Looking for a puck used on March 18th vs the Rangers. Thanks.
OP of the Borowiecki thread apparently is a Senators representative, maybe PM them and see what they can do.

Old
08-19-2014, 01:34 PM
Jyrki21
This!! ↓↓ Seriously!

Hey Ottawans,

So I recently went through the painstaking process of removing cheap crested-on numbers/letters from an old (early '90s) jersey I have. I would like to put real ones on top of where there are now lots of glue marks (that I will try to get rid of with acetone, but that's another story).

Are there any shops about town that will customize a jersey that you bring to them? (Perhaps this is very common, I just figure people always buy the jersey at the same time, and I haven't done this in about two decades). Or failing that, that will at least order the name bar and numbers so that you can put them on yourself somehow?

The one trick is it's a 1992-era Canucks' jersey, so it would need to be a place that includes vintage styles in their catalogue.

Thanks in advance!

Old
08-19-2014, 01:46 PM
danielpalfredsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyrki21 View Post
Hey Ottawans,

So I recently went through the painstaking process of removing cheap crested-on numbers/letters from an old (early '90s) jersey I have. I would like to put real ones on top of where there are now lots of glue marks (that I will try to get rid of with acetone, but that's another story).

Are there any shops about town that will customize a jersey that you bring to them? (Perhaps this is very common, I just figure people always buy the jersey at the same time, and I haven't done this in about two decades). Or failing that, that will at least order the name bar and numbers so that you can put them on yourself somehow?

The one trick is it's a 1992-era Canucks' jersey, so it would need to be a place that includes vintage styles in their catalogue.

Thanks in advance!
There are multiple places that will customize jerseys. Keep in mind, you're looking at anywhere from 50-100 dollars, so if the jersey is a CCM replica and not one of the rarer authentic models, you may want to take a look on eBay to see if you can pick up a second hand jersey with the player you intended to get customized. You can usually grab customized CCM replicas for under 100 if the jersey isn't a rare model.

Locally, the place that comes to mind is Clubhouse/More Than Just Hats. They have locations in Kanata, Merivale, and at the Rideau Centre.

People will often send jerseys away to get customized. This is because, everywhere that customizes older jerseys will do them slightly different. Here are three places where you can send your jersey away to to get customized that have good reputations.

-gamedaysportsarchives.com (I think they are located in Toronto. You have to contact them via e-mail, but their web site has lots of examples of their work)
-Keener (Google Keener's Comedy, he is a comedian who lives in Winnipeg who crests jerseys, his blog will come up with examples of his work)
-exclusivepro.com (located in the US, so it becomes a bit more of a hassle to send in a jersey. But they seem to be the most popular cresting outfit at the moment. Turn around time might be long because of this.)

On a side note, maybe this jersey will interest someone here.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/400755385057

I was considering bidding, attempting to strip, and having a Karlsson done up. I don't think they've ever sold these blue ones retail. I absolutely loved the design at the Olympics.

Old
08-19-2014, 02:35 PM
Jyrki21
This!! ↓↓ Seriously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalfredsson View Post
There are multiple places that will customize jerseys. Keep in mind, you're looking at anywhere from 50-100 dollars, so if the jersey is a CCM replica and not one of the rarer authentic models, you may want to take a look on eBay to see if you can pick up a second hand jersey with the player you intended to get customized. You can usually grab customized CCM replicas for under 100 if the jersey isn't a rare model.

Locally, the place that comes to mind is Clubhouse/More Than Just Hats. They have locations in Kanata, Merivale, and at the Rideau Centre.

People will often send jerseys away to get customized. This is because, everywhere that customizes older jerseys will do them slightly different. Here are three places where you can send your jersey away to to get customized that have good reputations.

-gamedaysportsarchives.com (I think they are located in Toronto. You have to contact them via e-mail, but their web site has lots of examples of their work)
-Keener (Google Keener's Comedy, he is a comedian who lives in Winnipeg who crests jerseys, his blog will come up with examples of his work)
-exclusivepro.com (located in the US, so it becomes a bit more of a hassle to send in a jersey. But they seem to be the most popular cresting outfit at the moment. Turn around time might be long because of this.)
Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for!

It is only a CCM replica, not an authentic (and in fact the colors are slightly off -- it was from the first year the Canucks switched from orange/gold to bright red/yellow to accommodate CCM, and the jerks still printed the yellow way too light). Your point is well-taken about the cost making it worthwhile to simply buy another jersey, but really I'm just trying to salvage this older one that I simply never wore because the monochrome numbering/lettering was so ugly (it was a gift at the time... picture below -- remember when so many people used to do it this way? At least they did in BC). So I'd rather recycle this one rather than getting a new one, and still having an unused one hanging around the house, even if it only costs a bit less.

Now:

I thought I'd stick a 19/Näslund on there since it will cover up the 10 almost perfectly.

Thanks again!

Old
08-19-2014, 02:50 PM
Big Papi
Who's Mel Bridgeman?

vCash: 450
Quote:
Thanks, this is exactly what I was looking for!

It is only a CCM replica, not an authentic (and in fact the colors are slightly off -- it was from the first year the Canucks switched from orange/gold to bright red/yellow to accommodate CCM, and the jerks still printed the yellow way too light). Your point is well-taken about the cost making it worthwhile to simply buy another jersey, but really I'm just trying to salvage this older one that I simply never wore because the monochrome numbering/lettering was so ugly (it was a gift at the time... picture below -- remember when so many people used to do it this way? At least they did in BC). So I'd rather recycle this one rather than getting a new one, and still having an unused one hanging around the house, even if it only costs a bit less.

Now:

I thought I'd stick a 19/Näslund on there since it will cover up the 10 almost perfectly.

Thanks again!
Why not just put Bure back over it?
good luck with it, it will be a pain, but well worth it!

Old
08-19-2014, 02:59 PM
Jyrki21
This!! ↓↓ Seriously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papi View Post
Why not just put Bure back over it?
Heh, never wanted a Bure jersey (everyone had them, it was just kind of dull). And I like the idea of a jersey that Näslund only ever wore for one season.

Old
08-19-2014, 03:10 PM
danielpalfredsson

I'd just try to use acetone, or maybe goof off to get it looking acceptable as a blank jersey.

Depending on how patient you are for one in your size to pop up, you can get a Bure jersey off eBay for less than it'll cost to get that one done up. So it doesn't really make sense to pay up to 100 dollar to get that one customized.

Just as an example, here are a few Bure jerseys from sold listings that went for less:
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/181485329867

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/181434467641

http://www.ebay.com/itm/251564051670

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231259415473

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291150158386

The two benefits of paying more to get it customized is
1-You already have a jersey in your size, you don't have to wait for one to pop up.
2-You know exactly what you're getting when it comes to accuracy and quality of numbers. Although the Canucks used fairly generic numbers, every customized jersey on eBay will be slightly different in quality.

Also, just be aware that the authentic Canucks jerseys of that design are counterfeited a lot. It's one of the only older 90s center ice branded CCM jerseys that'll be counterfeited. If you see a jersey that you want, but aren't sure about it, go to icejerseys.com and sign up for their forum. They have a thread in the NHL section called "Is It Good" where more experienced collectors will help others determine whether a jersey on eBay or else where is legitimate or counterfeit.

Good luck.

Old
08-19-2014, 03:13 PM
danielpalfredsson

Quote:
Heh, never wanted a Bure jersey (everyone had them, it was just kind of dull). And I like the idea of a jersey that Näslund only ever wore for one season.
If it's a Naslund jersey you want, you probably won't find any in that design. I think they stopped wearing it before he played for them.

You could always get it done up with Naslund, but keep in mind, it's considered a faux-pas to get a jersey done up of a player who has never worn it. Like having a Yashin Senators Heritage jersey. It's up to you.

You could probably find multiple cheap Naslund jerseys on eBay, same premise as in the Bure post, I just doubt you'd find any of that design if he never wore it.

Old
08-19-2014, 03:59 PM
Jyrki21
This!! ↓↓ Seriously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalfredsson View Post
If it's a Naslund jersey you want, you probably won't find any in that design. I think they stopped wearing it before he played for them.
Like I say, he wore it for one season (there are versions of that very jersey on eBay for about $180). He also wore the skate jersey the year he was acquired, but with #22 at the time. But what I'm planning to do would be correct for the 1996-97 version of Näslund.

Old
08-19-2014, 04:06 PM
Jerk Store*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Area Man View Post
Hi guys

Cheers
wow, I want it

Old
08-19-2014, 07:17 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
As someone who used to crest jerseys, I can tell you that getting a 19 will not look good. The "9" will not cover the old "0" enough, and you're going to kick yourself when you have a few inches of vinyl-ruined jersey showing through.

I've done enough of these (stripping vinyl numbers and replacing with twill) to know it's going to be a disappointment. Stick with the #10, otherwise you'll regret it later. If you want to crest up a Naslund, just bite the bullet and get a blank Canucks jersey to do it on that hasn't been customized before.

There are a few cheap ones available around of you look.

Last edited by BonkTastic: 08-19-2014 at 07:26 PM.
Old
08-19-2014, 08:37 PM
Back In Black
CANADA IS HOCKEY

Yep, totally agree with Bonk, you will never get that O out of the jersey. Furthermore if the stitched numbers are not the same size, you may even still see some of the #1.

And if it's 2 colour, it will be close to $130 to have stitched, whereas if you shop around, you may find a new one with his name & number for about $159 + taxes.

Or $179, free shipping: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/MARKUS-NASLUN...0ef774b&_uhb=1

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MARKUS-NASLU...item53f0f90a80

Last edited by Back In Black: 08-19-2014 at 08:43 PM.
Old
08-19-2014, 09:06 PM
danielpalfredsson

The only reason I'd advise against buying new, is because if you don't mind a previously owned jersey, you can save a lot.

The CCM replicas of the jersey you have don't go for very much, so even if you were to rebuy a blank one and still get it customized, if you're patient and willing to snipe a good auction, you're probably looking at anywhere from 20-30 for a previously owned blank jersey of that design. Compared to about 180 shipped for a brand new customized one, even if you were to spend 50-100 bucks to get it crested, you're still saving a bit.

If your budget were big enough to buy a new one at 180 shipped, it'd probably be better to wait for a nice blank CCM authentic to pop up. Probably 50-100 for a blank authentic+50-100 for it to be crested. You could have a previously owned authentic for the same price as a brand new replica.

Old
08-19-2014, 09:12 PM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Richard View Post
Furthermore if the stitched numbers are not the same size, you may even still see some of the #1.
I'll say this without trying to sound like I'm tooting my own horn here - if you are using a jersey crester who knows what he's doing and cutting his own twill (read: has a twill cutter and is not just ordering the pre-cut kits from Stahls'/ other 3rd party supplier and sewing them on), you shouldn't have an issue with seeing the old damaged jersey areas.

Someone with legit experience who is also cutting their own twill SHOULD cut the numbers to suit the space needed to cover. It's easy to cut at 105% regular size, or 90% regular size, to shrink or enlarge the numbers a bit, to cover the damaged areas.

Old
08-19-2014, 10:18 PM
Jyrki21
This!! ↓↓ Seriously!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
As someone who used to crest jerseys, I can tell you that getting a 19 will not look good. The "9" will not cover the old "0" enough, and you're going to kick yourself when you have a few inches of vinyl-ruined jersey showing through.

I've done enough of these (stripping vinyl numbers and replacing with twill) to know it's going to be a disappointment. Stick with the #10, otherwise you'll regret it later. If you want to crest up a Naslund, just bite the bullet and get a blank Canucks jersey to do it on that hasn't been customized before.
Appreciate the insight, but like I said, I'm just trying to get value out of a jersey that I never wore for 20 years because I hated the monochrome crested numbers. I'm not looking for perfection (nor for a new jersey as such), just to finally make something out of this one. I'm very far from a purist with these things, so even if a bit of the glue is showing after the acetone treatment it's not the end of the world. My main jersey that I wear to games and such is a home white Lumme one (as per my username), although it desperately needs a wash.

One of the links that Danielpalfredsson provided quoted $55 (plus shipping) to have the customization kit attached, so that is easily way cheaper than buying a whole new jersey and having a blank one continuing to lie around the house. I'm happy to give it a try (or with Clubhouse if their price is better).

BTW: While again I'm not actually interested in getting an entirely new jersey, I'll mention that while I appreciate the links you guys have posted, they aren't really suitable either (and this could be why they're cheap)... most are either huge, the wrong colors (the Canucks switched from orange/gold to red/yellow between the 1991-92 and 1992-93 seasons, and I don't think it's possible to customize one of the old ones, much as they looked way better) or either counterfeit or incorrectly built (the neck stripes on the white Näslund are wrong, for instance... yellow never went on white).

Last edited by Jyrki21: 08-19-2014 at 10:30 PM.
Closed Thread