HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canadiens claim Brad Staubitz off re-entry waivers

Old
02-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjell Dahlin View Post
Hockey is the ONLY major team sport in the world where fighting is allowed; I don't like that aspect of the game. Are football players from the NFL a bunch of pacifists or figure skating fans?

What about rugby?
Ballet dancers?

There is a difference between Neanderthal conduct (hockey and fights) and playing tough and/or standing your ground. If you guys/gals fail to see it, too bad.

Give me guys like White, Neil or Moen (players who can play the freakin game) but for the love of GAWD please keep all the Staubitz of the earth away from Montreal.

Cunneyworth needs to go or we will end up with Brent Bilodeau and Turner Stevenson everywhere!
Then watch those other freaken sports instead of trying to change what people (including players) like! Easy, isn't it?

Habsterix* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
i think it took Pac and Subban speaking out for more toughness for the change...
they both came out in media sayin how they wanted to play a Boston Bruins style ...

That will always be a black mark in history of Habs,turning us into womens hockey for 2 seasons.
And the Gm out of touch to watch his team get beat up intimated ,night after night ...until final 18 games of season 2 .
I dunno', but this bugs me. Since when did Boston invent toughness? They may have hacked and hit their way through last season, but all they did was recycle the old Flyers model. As far as a model for winning a Cup, the Bruins were one of the least dominant teams to pull it off, and guess what -- it wasn't even their supposed toughness that won it for them. Without their redneck goalie, the speedy Seguin and the twerp Marchand, Boston wouldn't have come close.

This season, Boston's 'tough guys' have started hurting them with reckless stupidity, more penalties and suspensions. And everyone's hitting them back. Their little game is over. And if the poor little Habs were so intimidated by them, why was Boston able to score a grand total of 12 goals in our six games? And by the way, we scored 12 on them.

The Habs were too small, yes, but not because of some imaginary response to Boston. We needed size to push our way in front of the net, and we need size to keep the other team away from our own net. But that's a general tool in every team's utility belt, not a response to one team. The rest of it, the need to stock up on fighters, is a cheap consolation prize. I have no problem with an occasional fight and wouldn't mind someone smacking Lucic in his slack-jawed mug, but this hasn't moved us closer to winning. It's just given us a distraction to losing.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Aurel Joliat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mynameismark View Post
Prust isnt that good a fighter, Boyle definitely isnt for his size and Bickel is just ok. Aside from maybe Rupp and definitely Scott, who may not always play, the B's are still tougher.
Prust not a good fighter ? By far the best middleweight in the league with Arron Asham.

Aurel Joliat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:10 PM
Aurel Joliat

Quote:
Hockey is the ONLY major team sport in the world where fighting is allowed; I don't like that aspect of the game. Are football players from the NFL a bunch of pacifists or figure skating fans?

What about rugby?
Ballet dancers?

There is a difference between Neanderthal conduct (hockey and fights) and playing tough and/or standing your ground. If you guys/gals fail to see it, too bad.

Give me guys like White, Neil or Moen (players who can play the freakin game) but for the love of GAWD please keep all the Staubitz of the earth away from Montreal.

Cunneyworth needs to go or we will end up with Brent Bilodeau and Turner Stevenson everywhere!
Hockey is the only major sport who is played with a puck. We should change it for a ball

Old
02-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Sorry buddy, last time the Habs went anywhere was with a tough team, and that tough team wasn't all guys that could play like a Moen. That isnt scaring anyone. Ewen, Roberge and Odelein, not to mention Brash were scaring guys. The cup was ours.

Once in a while, it's good to have a guy that is there to knock some heads about. Moen and White are thankful, even if you dont seem to be. But it's them that matter.
"Sorry buddy, last time the Habs went anywhere was with a tough team, and that tough team wasn't all guys that could play like a Moen..."

Ewen played one game during the 1992-93 playoffs.

Roberge played 3 games during the 1992-93 playoffs.

Brashear was not playing for Monreal.

Odelin? I put him in the same category of Neil: contary to Staubitz, he knew how to play the game. Odelin is exactly what this team needs: a tough D who can eat a lot of ES minutes.

I want a tough team with players who know when to draw the freakin line; not a bunch of cavemen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsterix View Post
Then watch those other freaken sports instead of trying to change what people (including players) like! Easy, isn't it?
Or you can start watching Pro wrestling!
Easy eh?

Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:16 PM
Gomez91

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Because other than this year we've been one of the only teams in the league to have a consistent positive trajectory, one of the best cities in North America and a ton of cap space (after Gomez gets sent down). They go to the top dollar, really. If the Habs want Parise/Suter, they'll pay through the nose and get him.
The only thing from your comment I agree with is sending Gomez down to the AHL other then that something needs to be fixed in management remember the money offered to Patrick Elias, D Briere and Jason Arnott of all of those player's to honestly name a few who came to Montreal? Montreal needs a new identity and stick to it what they created thus far is not pleasing to other player's? Just my thought

Gomez91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:17 PM
Beendair Donedat

Kjell Dahlin sucked as a player and as mentioned if 98% of the players want fighting in the game, it should be there. Go watch ballet if that's more your speed.

Beendair Donedat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Mynameismark*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurel Joliat View Post
Prust not a good fighter ? By far the best middleweight in the league with Arron Asham.
Nah dude, Asham smokes him any time. Prust cant even beat Gaustad the other day. He's a guy that will never really do too much damage but never really lose badly either. He isnt the top middle at all. He just fights a lot.

Mynameismark* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Or you can start watching Pro wrestling!
Easy eh?
No. My hockey has fighting in it, always has. YOU are wanting it changed for selfish reasons (you don't like it). So watch something else if you don't like someone existing that 98% of players wanna keep.

Old
02-27-2012, 08:19 PM
curtisl1982

not sure if it's been mentioned or not, but Staubitz will wear #25

curtisl1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:20 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
i can understand what Plante must of went through in his days.

this is only thing that processes in my mind when i see your posts

uiCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:24 PM
hockeyfan2k11

And where was this move last year when our players were getting the snot kicked out of them. My frustration level with G & G is through the roof!

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:
Originally Posted by uiCk View Post
i can understand what Plante must of went through in his days.
True. Ignore what the players want. What do they know about the game anyway?

Old
02-27-2012, 08:28 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
No. My hockey has fighting in it, always has. YOU are wanting it changed for selfish reasons (you don't like it). So watch something else if you don't like someone existing that 98% of players wanna keep.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/yourcommunity...in-hockey.html

71% in favor of a ban. I tell you: pro wrestling is for you!

Extract: "... Dr. Rajendra Kale, interim editor of the Canadian Medical Association Journal, said hockey should place a ban on all forms of intentional head trauma, including punching and other forms of fighting.

He based his opinion on new research from the Boston University School of Medicine, led by Dr. Ann McKee, that shows the presence of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) in the brains of prominent hockey players Rick Martin, Reggie Fleming and Bob Probert
..."

Old
02-27-2012, 08:31 PM
Habsterix*
@Habsterix

Quote:

Nice try though... http://www.playerspoll.ca/

NHL hockey is NOT for you.

EDIT: Just noticed the username: Kjell Dahlin

I understand.

Old
02-27-2012, 08:33 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
True. Ignore what the players want. What do they know about the game anyway?
don't get it. Wasn't Plante ridiculed for wearing/wanting to wear a mask? for being a "sissy" ? Kind of what you are doing to others?

i guess, relativity, networking, progress and change are not concepts that you were brought up in.

Old
02-27-2012, 08:33 PM
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:

What about rugby?
Ballet dancers?

Define "Neanderthal", and then we might get somewhere.

Quote:

Extract: "... Dr. Rajendra Kale, interim editor of the Canadian Medical Association Journal, said hockey should place a ban on all forms of intentional head trauma, including punching and other forms of fighting.

He based his opinion on new research from the Boston University School of Medicine, led by Dr. Ann McKee, that shows the presence of chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) in the brains of prominent hockey players Rick Martin, Reggie Fleming and Bob Probert
..."
Seems like a poll that asks the fans, not the players. "yourcommunity" in the web address should be the first hint.
And yeah, I just voted on it.

Last edited by Habsfan18: 02-27-2012 at 09:13 PM. Reason: merge
MoldyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:38 PM
uiCk
GrEmelins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
Goons that can't skate but are there to stir **** up. You know, entertain the crowds.

And for the record, i love watching fights, when i youtube NHL videos, its 60% Hits, 20% Bench clearings, 19% fights and 1% the rest.

But i can see where it is going and how useless it is. i also love pre lockout hockey, but that won't be coming back. You don't see me quit on watching HOCKEY.

Old
02-27-2012, 08:41 PM
Kjell Dahlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blame it on PK View Post
By Neanderthal or caveman behavior I mean allowing something that is considered as criminal outside the confine of the rink; something that causes trauma to the brain.

More Emelin... less Staubitz!

Old
02-27-2012, 09:11 PM
MoldyCakes
Fight, Troll, Score

Quote:
By Neanderthal or caveman behavior I mean allowing something that is considered as criminal outside the confine of the rink; something that causes trauma to the brain.

More Emelin... less Staubitz!
Then you might as well eliminate every team sport, since emulating sacks in football would certainly land someone an assault charge in a non-football environment.

Steckel's swipe count as well, even though it isn't a fight.

And then there's plenty of that in football, just not overt. Sometimes its just the result of the blows players take, other times it's dirty plays. Peyton Manning has sustained a neck injury from too many hits, most of them legal. Jason Babin took out Kory Lichtensteiger's knee ligament, which will affect Lichtensteiger's career until it is completely healed.

MoldyCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Andy

If Staubitz has a Konopka type of impact, the habs will make the playoffs.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Aurel Joliat

Quote:
Nah dude, Asham smokes him any time. Prust cant even beat Gaustad the other day. He's a guy that will never really do too much damage but never really lose badly either. He isnt the top middle at all. He just fights a lot.
I'm not agree. Gaustad is 5 or 6 inches taller than Prust. Prust beat Eric Boulton 2 weeks ago, who is consider a legit heavyweight.

Old
02-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
Really, just the playoffs? With your usual remarks it's surprising we haven't won the cup in the last 5 years with our players and management...

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:36 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

Quote:

What about rugby?
Ballet dancers?

I completely get what you are saying. Hockey is indeed the only sport that allows fighting (other than the pugilistic sports like boxing and MMA ).

People can be against fighting in hockey. That's fine as well. However, it was insanity for the Canadiens to unilaterally disarm the team while the other teams did not.

Ban fighting from hockey? Wont happen soon but if they do, then fine, we can play that game. Keep fighting in hockey? Like it or not, we have to have players willing to stand up for our skill players.

That is the issue. Not the fighting in the sport of hockey. The elimination of tough guys on this team while other teams got tougher. That is pacifism on Gauthier's part. And it hasnt worked out so well. Staubitz is not the savior of this team. He will stand up for his teammates though. The Florida game was pathetic.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
maybe some day will be back to a playoff team..

man we went full circle ...

Habs roster is bad as Oilers was ,my word look at our 3rd and 4 lines..lol

Oilers even tanking pickin up excellent talent ,there still too young yet to take next step ,still fightin for last.

That is Habs road...long 5 years coming

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote