HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Pierre Gauthier press conference 6.30 pm est RDS

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-27-2012, 09:18 PM
  #276
Ghetto Sangria
The implication
 
Ghetto Sangria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
lol

in all fairness, you expect that group to make a impact in Montreal when?

There's a long road of pain ahead.....
Gallagher, Tinordi, beaulieu and Ellis all have a good chance to make an impact on the team in a year or two...

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:21 PM
  #277
KerryFraser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven View Post
Do you want a GM who wears t-shirts and jeans and calls them Darchey, Marky and Plekachu? They're professionals, they have to use Mister, Doctor and Miss!
Does mr. Chiarelli said Mister or Doctor when he spoke to reporters about Mark Recchi?

KerryFraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:22 PM
  #278
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Gallagher, Tinordi, beaulieu and Ellis all have a good chance to make an impact on the team in a year or two...
Very doubtful.

If you haven't noticed, we had a young blueline this year. Did you see the result?

Gallagher might surprise though.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:24 PM
  #279
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Gallagher, Tinordi, beaulieu and Ellis all have a good chance to make an impact on the team in a year or two...
oh yes right....like a Latendresse rush job...

OR Louis Leblanc impact 2012? or a Eller impact....



It's likely 3-4 years at best ,...IF they last that long.

Could i see them rushin Gallagher? yes


draft lotto again next year


Last edited by Habaneros: 02-27-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:24 PM
  #280
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW
 
Hannibal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 5,176
vCash: 500
I get the feeling that Gauthier will be back next year...

I can' stand one more season with this clown as our GM. FFS, he still thinks that we can make the playoff!


Hannibal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:25 PM
  #281
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Thing is though... how is loading up on UFAs to build our core with going to do anything but perpetuate what we've always been?

It's one thing if we could get Suter but I don't see that happening. All we'll do is load up on more Brian Gionta type guys who aren't going to take us anywhere.
Who says a UFA has to be 30? Listen, it seems to me we've shifted our priority towards our developing core of young guys. Half our roster is already between 21 and 26, with prospects like Beaulieu and Tinordi coming closer to making the move up. This year Pacioretty became a star and DD became a strong 2nd liner. Who knows who will emerge next year? We're about to add a high first-round pick, plus a couple of second-rounders. We've even stocked next year's picks with another second round. It's all young, young and more young, so I'd assume whoever we pursue in the FA market will also be young, at least young enough to be in their prime in two or three years.

Our other key guys, Gorges and Plekanec, are 27 and 29. Still young enough. The only older key guy is Cole. Gionta can still be effective, as can #79 who cannot be named (though there's no way to tell right now, obviously). Kaberle and Bourque? Not dead wood, not saviours. Somewhere in between.

Okay, if they blow a wad of cash on a mediocre 32-year-old FA this summer I will agree with you and officially renounce the god of false hopes, but right now I see them targeting all phasers on a guy like Suter, or someone who can push the talent meter up a notch.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:28 PM
  #282
NewHabsEra*
 
NewHabsEra*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,695
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Very doubtful.

If you haven't noticed, we had a young blueline this year. Did you see the result?

Gallagher might surprise though.
The kids havent been the prob.. both Emelin and Diaz played some really good hockey this year, just surround them better than guys like Campoli Kaberle ect.. Kids like Beaulieu Tinordi Ellis Bennett will bring some serious depth when they are ready.. Up front it will be interesting to see how kids like Bournival Gallagher Kristo Holland develop..

NewHabsEra* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:33 PM
  #283
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
The kids havent been the prob.. both Emelin and Diaz played some really good hockey this year, just surround them better than guys like Campoli Kaberle ect.. Kids like Beaulieu Tinordi Ellis Bennett will bring some serious depth when they are ready.. Up front it will be interesting to see how kids like Bournival Gallagher Kristo Holland develop..
Really good hockey?

They were playing sheltered minutes on the worst team in the East for the most part. And they aren't exactly 20 year old rookies either.

Look, you can have young players coming in, but having Subban, Beaulieu, Tinordi and, say, Emelin on our blueline in 2 years means we're probably fighting to get into the playoffs, not looking good.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:34 PM
  #284
Habs
Registered User
 
Habs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,846
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueinmtl View Post
This is incredible to me, especially compounded with PG's admission that AK was not in the plans for next season. I mean, did they come to this conclusion today?

Don't mind that AK was traded at all, but by not at least attempting to showcase him, of course you are ecstatic with a 2nd rd pick next year. While other teams showcase, drive up value, hold on until end of day...
Exactly why I detest PG, he jumps at the first chance. The entire management seems to change their philosophy on the team direction at the morning skate.

Habs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:36 PM
  #285
Ghetto Sangria
The implication
 
Ghetto Sangria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
Very doubtful.

If you haven't noticed, we had a young blueline this year. Did you see the result?

Gallagher might surprise though.
I said they all have a good chance. Not that they all will make the club at once... but the odds are one of them will be a usefull young guy for the club within a year or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
oh yes right....like a Latendresse rush job...

OR Louis Leblanc impact 2012? or a Eller impact....



It's likely 3-4 years at best ,...IF they last that long.

Could i see them rushin Gallagher? yes


draft lotto again next year
Ya ya... just like how McDonagh was 3 or 4 years away from becoming a useful NHL blueliner . Remember when guys were saying that?

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:38 PM
  #286
Lshap
Moderator
 
Lshap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,364
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLP View Post
Lshap I like your posts and usually agree but I think AK might put up nearly as many points with the Preds in this season's last 20 games as he did with the Habs in the first 60, and that breaks my heart.
We gain a late second who might play for us in 2017, AK was picked in the first round, 10th overall, and may be just coming into his prime.
Antichambre made this trade and once again we sold low. Habs are being run like a really bad corporation: I imagine a boardroom of suits, detached from the game, and after a months-long stupid debate they reach a consensus to "trade AK" and that gets done summarily with little regard for the return, total disregard for the art of trading (anyone is available for the right price) or the business of asset management (aim to sell high). Why play a guy for 11 minutes per game if you are planning to trade him, even accepting the Antichambre directive, AK's value could have been pushed up substantially over the last weeks and months, but Habs management are ****ing reactionary retards.

Nice mild winter we've been having.
I have to agree with you, it has been a mild winter. Which makes it ironic that the Habs got such a cold reception to guys like AK and Campoli. No question, AK was sold low. Management's fault. But if the alternative was to wait until the end of season and get nothing, or re-sign him to a big, underachieving contract, then I'll swallow this pill. As much as I wanted to see it, AK just wasn't a game-changer for us.

Campoli is a future package for a future trade.

Again, it looks like cap space has been cleared and all power has been diverted to the UFA-torpedoes. Price... FIRE! Subban... FIRE! Big-Name Star... FIRE! Should be interesting.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:42 PM
  #287
Lafleurs Guy
Moderator
 
Lafleurs Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 29,385
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Who says a UFA has to be 30? Listen, it seems to me we've shifted our priority towards our developing core of young guys. Half our roster is already between 21 and 26, with prospects like Beaulieu and Tinordi coming closer to making the move up. This year Pacioretty became a star and DD became a strong 2nd liner. Who knows who will emerge next year? We're about to add a high first-round pick, plus a couple of second-rounders. We've even stocked next year's picks with another second round. It's all young, young and more young, so I'd assume whoever we pursue in the FA market will also be young, at least young enough to be in their prime in two or three years.

Our other key guys, Gorges and Plekanec, are 27 and 29. Still young enough. The only older key guy is Cole. Gionta can still be effective, as can #79 who cannot be named (though there's no way to tell right now, obviously). Kaberle and Bourque? Not dead wood, not saviours. Somewhere in between.

Okay, if they blow a wad of cash on a mediocre 32-year-old FA this summer I will agree with you and officially renounce the god of false hopes, but right now I see them targeting all phasers on a guy like Suter, or someone who can push the talent meter up a notch.
Like I said though, I don't see us being able to get Suter. I mean why would the guy leave Nashville to come here? Nashville will pony up the cash and they've got a better team. The guy wants to win a cup so why come here now?

Look, if we can get this guy... great. I'm all for it. But I don't see it happening and I think it's a lot more likely that we see more Gionta type guys who are looking for a buck and a long contract. I don't see how we're going to attract the top talent now. We've never been able to do it before even when we had better teams so why now?

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:42 PM
  #288
KerryFraser
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 258
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
And Andrei is absolutely right when he says the reason why the Habs will miss the POs is because of the coaching change.
Not related with what you are saying but, when David Arseneault, on Hockey360, ask to Gauthier what he think about what Andrei said, he did not answer the question.

People want the reporters to ask the good questions but it's like politics. Don't be surprised by the answers.

KerryFraser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:44 PM
  #289
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
I said they all have a good chance. Not that they all will make the club at once... but the odds are one of them will be a usefull young guy for the club within a year or two.



Ya ya... just like how McDonagh was 3 or 4 years away from becoming a useful NHL blueliner . Remember when guys were saying that?

lol


well for Montreal it's goona take more than one rookie player to make it asap....

Look at the lines we got vs Tampa ...




Patches DD Cole
Bourque Pleks Eller
Geoffrion Gomez White
Staubitz Nokes Palushaj

Gorges Subban
Emelin Diaz
Kaberle Campoli




then we got 44 million already spent next yr on 12 guys!!

with people needing BIG RAISES in offseason.

Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:46 PM
  #290
KBstyle
Registered User
 
KBstyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 479
vCash: 500
Anyway this pick will probably get trade for a guy like Moore or a 36 yrs old veteran defenseman to help us get the 8th spot next year

KBstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:53 PM
  #291
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Halifax
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,467
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Here's the guarantees:

We lose Moen to free agency.
One 2nd round pick will be used to acquire a 3rd line center (A la Moore, Halpern, guys we let go for free).
One 2nd round pick will be used to acquire a D man with a slap shot (A la Schneider, Bergeron, and Wizniewski).

WeThreeKings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:58 PM
  #292
Ghetto Sangria
The implication
 
Ghetto Sangria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
lol


well for Montreal it's goona take more than one rookie player to make it asap....

Look at the lines we got vs Tampa ...




Patches DD Cole
Bourque Pleks Eller
Geoffrion Gomez White
Staubitz Nokes Palushaj

Gorges Subban
Emelin Diaz
Kaberle Campoli


then we got 44 million already spent next yr on 12 guys!!

with people needing BIG RAISES in offseason.
Well we can both agree on that as I made up those lines in the GDT

Was merely pointing out that the prospect pool is not as thin as some may think. Especially after this season's draft

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:00 PM
  #293
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Well we can both agree on that as I made up those lines in the GDT

Was merely pointing out that the prospect pool is not as thin as some may think. Especially after this season's draft
yes but no matter who you try to plug into those lines you made, from the Habs farm be it this yr or next, it DON'T HELP..

There screwed....

the 44 million they already spent for next yr on 12 guys, plus needing to give big raises to Price and crew....little room for Ufa in offseason ...

then were one year away to a 5 million dollar David D and Pacman....


So expect same show next year,as near all the same horses will be running again.


Last edited by Habaneros: 02-27-2012 at 10:12 PM.
Habaneros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:01 PM
  #294
Em Ancien
Sexy 2nd Rounder
 
Em Ancien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Mount Real Life
Posts: 8,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Danglez View Post
Well we can both agree on that as I made up those lines in the GDT

Was merely pointing out that the prospect pool is not as thin as some may think. Especially after this season's draft
The prospect pool isn't thin. It isn't very top heavy and we're probably a few years away from seeing one or two making a significant impact on the team.

Em Ancien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:01 PM
  #295
Kriss E
HFB Partner
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 27,351
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
lol


well for Montreal it's goona take more than one rookie player to make it asap....

Look at the lines we got vs Tampa ...




Patches DD Cole
Bourque Pleks Eller
Geoffrion Gomez White
Staubitz Nokes Palushaj

Gorges Subban
Emelin Diaz
Kaberle Campoli




then we got 44 million already spent next yr on 12 guys!!

with people needing BIG RAISES in offseason.
Please no, I do not want Geoffrion anywhere near Gomez. Give him Eller as a center.

Kriss E is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:03 PM
  #296
Jamie Thomas
Registered User
 
Jamie Thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by m00ks View Post
Didn't see the PC but someone should have asked him if he thought that we were a better team today rather than yesterday because I still can't get the logic behind trading a much needed secondary producer.

I'm curious to know where they are going to get immediate talent cuz the way I see it, free agency is thin and we lack attractive assets that we could dangle in a trade.

Dark times ahead me thinks.
Actually someone asked a question very similar to that. I can't give you his answer word for word, but he dodged the question and said something like "the teams now must look ahead, there is no point in looking back, must forget the past, we must move ahead."

Stupid answer by a stupid GM IMO, but hey, what do I know.

Jamie Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:04 PM
  #297
googlymoogly
Registered User
 
googlymoogly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9,114
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
does Sk74 making it in Nashville help Montreal even tho we drafted him?

does Riberio making it in Dallas help Montreal even tho we drated him 2nd round ...

You get my drift?

If we actually got something GOOD back , for these guys we give away we wouldnt be in last,with bare cupboards in Ahl.
What we see is our scouts are doing a good job, it's the GM and coaches that are blowing it.

googlymoogly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:12 PM
  #298
Uber Coca
Registered User
 
Uber Coca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,132
vCash: 500
It's been quite a depressing season. This fiasco shows how much this team has been unable to rise in the standings in the last seasons besides 2 interesting ones.

I have yet to see an offensive franchise player (I've been following this team since the early 2000's). The lottery may help this year, but I don't have any faith in this development program and this management.

Today was the cherry-on-top. We couldn't find a way to pile many picks with our trash (mostly because our trash was hurt).

That said, I kind of like where this team may be heading in the long term. It is getting bigger and younger. We have yet to find skills on offense and stability on defense. The only bright spot is Price.

I have a feeling we won't grab any interesting UFA's this summer, so we will dress a similar team next season. It could be another fiasco, but rebuilding is the only way to go.

Bob Gainey's 5 years plan and Gauthier's whatever plan were quite the letdown.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:41 PM
  #299
Bourne Endeavor
Moderator
HFBoards: Night's Watch
 
Bourne Endeavor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal, Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 29,627
vCash: 178
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber Coca View Post
It's been quite a depressing season. This fiasco shows how much this team has been unable to rise in the standings in the last seasons besides 2 interesting ones.

I have yet to see an offensive franchise player (I've been following this team since the early 2000's). The lottery may help this year, but I don't have any faith in this development program and this management.

Today was the cherry-on-top. We couldn't find a way to pile many picks with our trash (mostly because our trash was hurt).

That said, I kind of like where this team may be heading in the long term. It is getting bigger and younger. We have yet to find skills on offense and stability on defense. The only bright spot is Price.

I have a feeling we won't grab any interesting UFA's this summer, so we will dress a similar team next season. It could be another fiasco, but rebuilding is the only way to go.

Bob Gainey's 5 years plan and Gauthier's whatever plan were quite the letdown.
The reality we have to face is until this organization puts the proverbial nail in the Gainey era's coffin, this team will remain in a perpetual cycle of mediocrity or failure. The latter tenure of his reign marked some of the worst mistakes in league history, yet he is retained with his assistant the replacement? It proves once the five year plan accomplished nothing, they lacked any form of direction. We need to clean house from top to bottom. Regardless of your opinion toward Gauthier, his ties to Gainey and the failure associated with him means he needs the ax.

I couldn't care less if it is McGuire, Roy or whoever to take the helm, provided they change the course of this team and develop an identity.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:42 PM
  #300
Ghetto Sangria
The implication
 
Ghetto Sangria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 3,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
yes but no matter who you try to plug into those lines you made, from the Habs farm be it this yr or next, it DON'T HELP..

There screwed....

the 44 million they already spent for next yr on 12 guys, plus needing to give big raises to Price and crew....little room for Ufa in offseason ...

then were one year away to a 5 million dollar David D and Pacman....


So expect same show next year,as near all the same horses will be running again.
You're forgetting Gomez off the books next season.

Ghetto Sangria is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.