HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers acquire John Scott (D) for 2012 5th Round Pick

Old
02-27-2012, 03:27 PM
Ail
k.

vCash: 500
Waste of a 5th.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:28 PM
JeffMangum
#meatisbeat

I like it.

TREMENDOUS locker room guy. Great fighter.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Bob Richards
Global Moderator
Mr. Mojo Risin'

vCash: 50
John "JackHammer" Scott.........I like that.

Bob Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:29 PM
IAMREALITY

I'm amazed we didn't pick up anything to fill our holes but I'm not nearly as apocalyptic about it as some here.

I LOVE our team. This has been the most exciting team we've had in decades. We've grown to love our boys, what they stand for, what they do. Fact is, the only reason we even have the luxury of talking about filling a hole or two to get the cup is because of the heart and soul our team has shown this year. Did most of you even think the word cup would be able to be seriously mentioned at the beginning of the season? The boys have done it themselves. They've battled for it, proven their worth and earned it. But they've made us so excited that we want the cup now. Fact is, it doesn't have to be this year. We can easily fill those holes in the offseason if things don't go well in the playoffs, and we have a team already that will continue to grow for years.

I don't care what strategy on paper says. My team, our team, has PROVEN to us this year that they know how to win, how to keep winning. Sure, it's easy to look at our lineup and see the need to fill in some holes. But I also am kinda in love with the fact that we're going into battle with what we have. If it's one thing they've shown me this season it's that they find a way to get things done. Who's to say that they can't continue to be even more of a sum of their parts come the playoffs? That they won't step up even more?

There always seems to be a cinderalla story that comes out in any sport's championship. Our team is the perfect story. They have a huge mountain to climb; but I think our team has the strongest mentality geared for the playoffs than any other single team. Then throw Hank into the mix and I don't care what any of you say: This team could ABSOLUTELY win it all as much as anyone else.

The deadline is over and all I know is this: I love this team. I flat out love them. I'm glad we're still the same team today as yesterday and will continue to enjoy the absolute hell out of watching them. They are our boys. They battle like warriors for us and have treated us to a season so far well beyond expectations. So relax, enjoy tonight's game, and try and find a way to believe in them. They've earned at least that much from us fans.

IAMREALITY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:30 PM
McDonagh
Slow it down 30GHz

Any chance he plays tonight? I'd like to see him hand it to some Devils.

McDonagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:34 PM
eco's bones

While it's true he can't stop guys from running at our better players--if he is in the lineup he can exact punishment to someone on the other team. He is 6'8 with a huge reach and he's not just swinging at his opponents he keeps some calm--doesn't waste energy and he looks for openings.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:36 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

I don't know where everyone is coming from saying he can't play. How do people know this? Raise your hand if you've actually seen him play more than 5 games this year. Anyone? Anyone? Raise your hand if you were actually paying attention to his game. Anyone? Even though he doesn't get a lot of minutes a game, for a guy who supposedly will spend all his time in the penalty box, he sure has an abnormally low number of penalty minutes. 48 in 29 games? That's less than 2 minutes a game. He'll fight for sure and if you watch his fights, you should know this guy is freakin' strong; he can clear creases. If Torts can take Stalman, Eminger, Bickel, and Woywitka and make them look serviceable, he can do it for John Scott. Let's see if this guy actually plays before we call him a "waste." He looks like another incarnation of Boogaard. hockey skills TBD

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:39 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAMREALITY View Post
There always seems to be a cinderalla story that comes out in any sport's championship. Our team is the perfect story. They have a huge mountain to climb; but I think our team has the strongest mentality geared for the playoffs than any other single team. Then throw Hank into the mix and I don't care what any of you say: This team could ABSOLUTELY win it all as much as anyone else.
no offense, but it's not a Cinderella story if you're the top team in your conference.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:40 PM
bubba5

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I don't know where everyone is coming from saying he can't play. How do people know this? Raise your hand if you've actually seen him play more than 5 games this year. Anyone? Anyone? Raise your hand if you were actually paying attention to his game. Anyone? Even though he doesn't get a lot of minutes a game, for a guy who supposedly will spend all his time in the penalty box, he sure has an abnormally low number of penalty minutes. 48 in 29 games? That's less than 2 minutes a game. He'll fight for sure and if you watch his fights, you should know this guy is freakin' strong; he can clear creases. If Torts can take Stalman, Eminger, Bickel, and Woywitka and make them look serviceable, he can do it for John Scott. Let's see if this guy actually plays before we call him a "waste." He looks like another incarnation of Boogaard. hockey skills TBD
Can't say I watched him, but everyone on the Hawks board could care less about him, suprised they even got a 5th for him. The way it sounds like to me, on the ice he is a bigger Dale Puriton. Can fight but a liability on the ice.

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:43 PM
pdogfizzle
HFBoards Sponsor

I know its a different circumstance but I remember people saying Woywitka and Eminger not being to play and people crying over bringing them in but they've ended up just fine. Let's just see him play on the Rangers before we judge this as a horrible trade

pdogfizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Kershaw

Meh I do like the toughness insurance on the backend. Perhaps dress him as a forward from time to time to wreck havoc on other teams.

Still disappointed we couldn't get Pahlsson or Gaustad.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:44 PM
NYR Viper

Good depth d-man and 13 forward. Not sure I liked the price but that's what it takes. The guy hits like a mack-truck too. In a long series against Boston they may need him.

The games against Pittsburgh get very chippy as well as the Philly games. In a long series against any of those teams he will be needed. He keeps the game simple and bangs the puck off the glass and out and he blocks shots. He is very similar to Matt Carkner who succeeded for OTT a couple of years ago in the playoffs because of the way he played and his sandpaper.

NYR Viper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:46 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Meh I do like the toughness insurance on the backend. Perhaps dress him as a forward from time to time to wreck havoc on other teams.

Still disappointed we couldn't get Pahlsson or Gaustad.
I'm kind of happy we still have our first round pick.

But the Pahlsson deal I would have taken.

02-27-2012, 03:47 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdogfizzle View Post
I know its a different circumstance but I remember people saying Woywitka and Eminger not being to play and people crying over bringing them in but they've ended up just fine. Let's just see him play on the Rangers before we judge this as a horrible trade
Yeah but Eminger and Woywitka are younger than Scott and have both played more seasons and more games. Scott has played 150 games over 4 seasons and he's 29. Waste of a 5th round pick when we already have Prust, Rupp, and Bickel who can kick the **** out of people of need be.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:49 PM
McNashty
HATERS GON' HATE!

Send a message via AIM to McNashty Send a message via MSN to McNashty
For being a fighter, hockey fights says he's only been in 4 fights this year.

McNashty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:51 PM
NYR Viper

Let's look at it this way:

If someone told you the Rangers would make this deal, would you be happy?

Out:
Christensen
Wolski
Conditional 7th '13
5th '12

In:
3rd '13
Vernace
Wellman
Scott

I sure as hell would have been.

You can never have enough d-men.

Last edited by NYR Viper: 02-27-2012 at 04:00 PM.
Old
02-27-2012, 03:54 PM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averys SEC 405 View Post
I don't know if you looked at the link I posted at #25. He hasn't played every game and there's are a lot of guys who don't want to go near him. Rupp seemed to be avoiding him when we played the Hawks. He absolutely floored Parros. Beat the crap out of Engelland.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:55 PM
turcotte8

Chris Kuc ‏ @ChrisKuc

John Scott said he heard from former #Blackhawks teammates Bryan Bickell and Marian Hossa and told them to "keep their heads up" March 9.

turcotte8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:55 PM
NYR Viper

Also, it's possible Rupp's hand is not anywhere near 100% and with some rough games coming up for the rest of the season, Sather wanted to bring in some insurance for the Boston, Philly and Pitt games.

Old
02-27-2012, 03:56 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Boyler87 View Post
Let's look at it this way:

If someone told you the Rangers would make this deal, would you be happy?

Out:
Christensen
Wolski
Conditional 7th '13

In:
3rd '13
Vernace
Wellman
Scott

I sure as hell would have been.

You can never have enough d-men.
what about the 5th. that's a deal breaker.

Brian Boyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 03:58 PM
Tanner Glass
Call me Nils

Could someone tell me what time the actual deadline is? Did it pass already?

Sorry, but this is my first year getting intensely into the sport

Tanner Glass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 04:00 PM
pld459666

John Scott is the only mane in the NHL that can see eye to eye with Chara.

He is probable the only playe rin the NHL today that can actually beat Chara in a fight

Flyers want to play Ses-*********, we will counter his douchebaggery with Mr. Scott and Sesdickhead will turn into Sesturtle

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 04:01 PM
NYR Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
what about the 5th. that's a deal breaker.
Thanks for pointing that out. Still relatively even

Old
02-27-2012, 04:01 PM
Tom Atkins

Tom Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 04:02 PM
pld459666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Averys SEC 405 View Post
It is very hard to dance when you have no willing partners.

tough indeed.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote