HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers acquire John Scott (D) for 2012 5th Round Pick

Old
02-27-2012, 07:21 PM
Vitto79

vCash: 500
btw on the Rangers website he is listed as a LW, so its not just D depth

he is a utility man. He wont help much but he will crush some faces...........doesnt help them win the cup but it sets a tone

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Scott is here to be a bullet in a gun that may never be fired .. He is here because the rangers are top team and can not afford a cement head ***** from the flyers or so to injure a talent before the playoffs great smart move

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Fleury4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Scott is here to be a bullet in a gun that may never be fired .. He is here because the rangers are top team and can not afford a cement head ***** from the flyers or so to injure a talent before the playoffs great smart move
Thank you!

Fleury4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 07:35 PM
Noonan25

Damn you ever imagine on the ice at one time. Scott, rupp and Mclarith

Noonan25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 08:44 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRTtoZ View Post
This thread mimics the thread when we acquired Boogaard last year. The exact same people crying that it adds nothing but when he plays they will cheer him on and be happy to have him.
You couldn't be more wrong - at least as regards me.

I think the goon's role is stupid. And I thought that the Boogaard contract (what was it 3 years for $1.5MM per year?) was absolutely gawdawful; he was signed for meaningful money, to play a regular role, for three years. Hated, hated, hated that signing.

But, Scott? We traded a 5th rounder (easily replaced if you actually see someone left in the 5th that you want to snag) for THE toughest guy in the league for the last 21 games of the season to counter the ******** antics of the Flyers and Bruins - and then to provide depth in the playoffs.

And then, his NHL minimum contract expires.

I have NO problem with this move.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Punxrocknyc19*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
You couldn't be more wrong - at least as regards me.

I think the goon's role is stupid. And I thought that the Boogaard contract (what was it 3 years for $1.5MM per year?) was absolutely gawdawful; he was signed for meaningful money, to play a regular role, for three years. Hated, hated, hated that signing.

But, Scott? We traded a 5th rounder (easily replaced if you actually see someone left in the 5th that you want to snag) for THE toughest guy in the league for the last 21 games of the season to counter the ******** antics of the Flyers and Bruins - and then to provide depth in the playoffs.

And then, his NHL minimum contract expires.

I have NO problem with this move.

Punxrocknyc19* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Nyrgaborik

This was the exact type of game that sather went out an got this guy for. I don't think Kelly clarkson will be taking runs at Dubi next game knowing who's gonna come after him

Nyrgaborik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 09:54 PM
Aileen C*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyrgaborik View Post
This was the exact type of game that sather went out an got this guy for. I don't think Kelly clarkson will be taking runs at Dubi next game knowing who's gonna come after him
That's what was said about Rupp.

Aileen C* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Fleury4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aileen C View Post
Who said that about Rupp? Rupp was never a pure fighter, he's done well to improve that, but I've never seen him do anything that would inspire fear.

Fleury4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:16 PM
ocarina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleury4ever View Post
Who said that about Rupp? Rupp was never a pure fighter, he's done well to improve that, but I've never seen him do anything that would inspire fear.
Are we really going into this mythical realm again?

ocarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:19 PM
Orr Nightmare

I can't wait for the next Devil game...I want to see how Bolton does when he is the guy who is outweighted by 30 pounds.

He is such a bad ass...wanting to exchange with Prust...how he doesn't get the instigator is amazing.

Now for those of you who think this is a bad move...please go root for another team.

We got a beast for a 5th round pick...guy was loved by his teammates everywhere he played and can move back and forth from forward to defense...is he any good...not really...but he is good at beating the **** out of people.

Eminger wasnt particularly good but he got better in the system, same for Bickel, Stralman, Mitchell...if this guy can play 6-8 minutes a game...he will be a force and if can't...he can sit on the bench until someone pisses off Torts enough to put him on the ice for a shift.

A 5th round pick for the last 20 games when we play teams that will do anything to beat us and people cry like *****es....

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Krams
Scalloped Potatoes

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocarina View Post
Are we really going into this mythical realm again?
It isn't a mystical realm when it comes to Scott. He annihilates people. From what I've heard, there are plenty of players that refuse to fight him.

Krams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:41 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Of course i'll ****ing cheer for a Ranger. People think I don't like the guy- no, I don't like him as a hockey player. I wanted Boogs to kick ass, didn't mean I thought he was a useful hockey player. May he rest in peace but I hated when he dressed and thought he was pretty useless.

This thread mimics the Boogaard thread because people think he'll contribute. I bought in once, not again. Give me Rupp and Prust, not Boogaard and Scott. I'm not buying into the idea of a deterrent again- if somebody's going to goon it up, John Scott isn't going to stop them.

I'd play Scott when we're 10 points at the top of the East with 7 games to go in the season.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:43 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

*crickets*

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:45 PM
GregSirico
PUCK LUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissFreakinWatch View Post
It isn't a mystical realm when it comes to Scott. He annihilates people. From what I've heard, there are plenty of players that refuse to fight him.
I love to fight, and I wouldn't fight him ... he's scary

GregSirico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:02 PM
Draft Guru

I am more than fine with this move. It's added depth and insurance in case Prust or Rupp need a night off to rest up. I don't expect to see him on defense for this team with Eminger and Woywitka waiting in the wings, but with 17 games in 30 days in March against some big, tough teams, the more weapons in your arsenal, the better.

Not to mention they're adding another fantastic personality to the locker room.

Draft Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:15 PM
SML

This trade is worth a 5th rounder. I want to see that goof Sestito try his nonsense now. While we're at it, Rinaldo and that punk Simmonds have some things to answer to as well.

SML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:20 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

My question is can he actually play the game? I dont care about giving up a 5th rounder. But can he play? Because if he cant, thats great and all that we can afford to use him during the season against teams like BOS NJ PHI, etc but he cant be on the ice come playoff time if he cant play the game of hockey

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:08 AM
lbrowne

I like the cut of his jib.

Throws with both hands too. In a game where you need some bruisers getting a few minutes... I can't imagine Rupp, Prust, Bickel, and Scott in the lineup at the same time.

We're all of a sudden even nastier than before. Awesome.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:12 AM
lbrowne

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
My question is can he actually play the game? I dont care about giving up a 5th rounder. But can he play? Because if he cant, thats great and all that we can afford to use him during the season against teams like BOS NJ PHI, etc but he cant be on the ice come playoff time if he cant play the game of hockey
Don't forget Pittsburgh either. He chucked em with Engelland too.

lbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 12:29 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Sting View Post
Seems like a waste of a 5th round pick. Scott is a poor excuse for a hockey player.
Yes!

I mean, it's a 5th, but, you never know.

02-28-2012, 12:38 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
Now for those of you who think this is a bad move...please go root for another team.
Seriously?

Yes, John Scott will help the Rangers fight their way to a cup by simply beating everyone up.

You're right, how could this move be seen as anything short of brilliant and game-breaking?

Ail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:36 AM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aileen C View Post
No. that's what was said about Boogaard.

and i must add, the way i saw Prust struggling against Boulton tonight, Scott's fists (in Boulton's face) will be a welcome site.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:16 AM
BBKers

Send a message via Skype™ to BBKers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orr Nightmare View Post
I can't wait for the next Devil game...I want to see how Bolton does when he is the guy who is outweighted by 30 pounds.

He is such a bad ass...wanting to exchange with Prust...how he doesn't get the instigator is amazing.

We got a beast for a 5th round pick...guy was loved by his teammates everywhere he played and can move back and forth from forward to defense...is he any good...not really...but he is good at beating the **** out of people.

Eminger wasnt particularly good but he got better in the system, same for Bickel, Stralman, Mitchell...if this guy can play 6-8 minutes a game...he will be a force and if can't...he can sit on the bench until someone pisses off Torts enough to put him on the ice for a shift.

A 5th round pick for the last 20 games when we play teams that will do anything to beat us and people cry like *****es....
Good post. 100% agree. We got a target on our backs now. Scott will be a detriment and allow guys like Rupp, Prust, Dubinsky, Boyle & Cally to focus on playing and not fighting. Scott and Bickel will be our avenging goonsquad.

BBKers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 05:09 AM
proxomat

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGY View Post
Sure, he can play the game. The game I mean is called UFC

proxomat is offline   Reply With Quote