HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012/2013 ticket thread Part 3 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread

Old
03-06-2012, 08:52 AM
BlackNgold 84

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
everyone I talk to tulls me they are putting some of their tickets on Stub Hub so this should be fascinating to watch play out
I hate having to do it but i can't afford a complete season.. have to sell a good portion of them. I don't think i'll go as crazy as some people have on there. I think i saw in my section (306) someone buy maple leafs tickets in november (for the game coming up on the 19th) for almost 200 bucks and it was 2 rows in front of me. Thats ridiculous. I'll sell them for like 70.. make a profit and don't gauge the **** out of people.

Old
03-06-2012, 08:58 AM
SpeedyLazaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
So i'm prob gonna renew with another buddy of mine. I'm prob gonna sell 90 % of the games. My tickets went up $7.50 a ticket which is now 32 a ticket. And i'll probabley sell off a playoff ticket or two. I can't spare the 1200 in the 10 month payment plan anymore so I'd like to make the money back and more. As long as they raise these prices you're gonna see the prices soar on stubhub. But then again if the bruins go in the tank maybe those prices would come down.
so you can't afford them, so you are going to profit off of them instead.

makes sense.

what's wrong with you people.. give them up for someone that actually wants to go to the games.

Old
03-06-2012, 08:59 AM
SpeedyLazaro

Quote:
I hate having to do it but i can't afford a complete season.. have to sell a good portion of them. I don't think i'll go as crazy as some people have on there. I think i saw in my section (306) someone buy maple leafs tickets in november (for the game coming up on the 19th) for almost 200 bucks and it was 2 rows in front of me. Thats ridiculous. I'll sell them for like 70.. make a profit and don't gauge the **** out of people.
good call.. be a stand up guy and only sell them for 225% of your cost.

Old
03-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
everyone I talk to tulls me they are putting some of their tickets on Stub Hub so this should be fascinating to watch play out
And I am sure the Bruins have no problem with this as it increases the amount of "one game a year" fans. They buy tons of merch, eat a bunch of food, drink, etc. because its their one Bruins game a year so might as well go big. This will help the local restaurants as well.

Me I am a cheap ******* and am still pissed Quiznos closed. One beer every few games, maybe an ice cream here and there, thats about it,.

Old
03-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyLazaro View Post

makes sense.

what's wrong with you people.. give them up for someone that actually wants to go to the games.
Oh so righteous

Old
03-06-2012, 09:13 AM
jeffclark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
Until a major competitor can offer the same amount of selection with a similar guarantee, they can continue to do whatever they want...they know they have the market cornered.
The whole digital resale market as it currently stands is such a sham. SH screws the seller with it's ridiculous commission and screws the buyer with it's ridiculous "convenience" fees.

I've been working on something that should at least give us an option. Couple of guys here have used it already and I'm making some pretty big changes based on their feedback (thanks, Buddy!). Hopefully it's something we can use during the playoffs or next season

Old
03-06-2012, 09:25 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:

makes sense.

Quote:
good call.. be a stand up guy and only sell them for 225% of your cost.
Yes i am the 1 percent... dude give me a break.. i've missed at the most 12 games in the past 4 year.. thats 3 games a year.. God forbid I make a profit of the tickets you know.. since the bruins organization didn't make a profit of me right? So i'll give them up to someone else who will end up doing the samething? ok.. you wont them? **** even my ticket rep told me to freaking sell them haha.

Old
03-06-2012, 09:27 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffclark View Post
The whole digital resale market as it currently stands is such a sham. SH screws the seller with it's ridiculous commission and screws the buyer with it's ridiculous "convenience" fees.

I've been working on something that should at least give us an option. Couple of guys here have used it already and I'm making some pretty big changes based on their feedback (thanks, Buddy!). Hopefully it's something we can use during the playoffs or next season
The commission is ridiculous.. how bad is ticketmasters? I could always do the ticketexchange but its still linked in with ticketmaster so i'm sure its not much better.

Old
03-06-2012, 09:46 AM
schmautzy

Quote:

makes sense

I believe that is what he is doing

Old
03-06-2012, 09:55 AM
SpeedyLazaro

Quote:
Yes i am the 1 percent... dude give me a break.. i've missed at the most 12 games in the past 4 year.. thats 3 games a year.. God forbid I make a profit of the tickets you know.. since the bruins organization didn't make a profit of me right? So i'll give them up to someone else who will end up doing the samething? ok.. you wont them? **** even my ticket rep told me to freaking sell them haha.
get someone to split them with you.

if you are going to sell "90%" of the games, then it's just a business at that point. an illegal one, unless you live in NH.

Old
03-06-2012, 09:57 AM
jeffclark

Quote:
The commission is ridiculous.. how bad is ticketmasters? I could always do the ticketexchange but its still linked in with ticketmaster so i'm sure its not much better.
For season tickets, if you use ticketexchange, there's no commission. Downside is that you can't set your own price (face-value only) and they only put the money in your Bruins "account". That balance is applied to the last invoice of next season's season tickets.

It's a little hand-holdy. And by little, I mean stupidly overbearing.

Old
03-06-2012, 10:01 AM
Chris21

vCash: 50
I just called and the wait list is 2-3 years at this point. That is indicative of how successful this franchise has become. Great job by the mgmt team. Should have called a few years ago 😉

Old
03-06-2012, 10:03 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21 View Post
I just called and the wait list is 2-3 years at this point. That is indicative of how successful this franchise has become. Great job by the mgmt team. Should have called a few years ago 😉
When I signed up in the end of 2007-2008 they were hovering below 4,000. I was able to tell the rep what section and row I wanted, to which she gave me multiple pairs to choose from.

Old
03-06-2012, 10:12 AM
jeffclark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris Wanchuk View Post
When I signed up in the end of 2007-2008 they were hovering below 4,000. I was able to tell the rep what section and row I wanted, to which she gave me multiple pairs to choose from.
Hah, same here! In fact, when I got a friend to sign up for season tickets the next season, they gave me signed stuff.

Those were the days....

Get off my lawn.

Old
03-06-2012, 10:15 AM
Chris21

vCash: 50
Quote:
Sweet. What section do you have?

Old
03-06-2012, 10:30 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
get someone to split them with you.

if you are going to sell "90%" of the games, then it's just a business at that point. an illegal one, unless you live in NH.
I've always had another person splitting them with me. And I will this season. I don't get whats wrong with selling my tickets and getting a little back in return. I've also given tickets away to friends and family for nothing, and i've had to miss games at the last second because of the kid i was splitting with couldn't make it. At no point am I making this into a business opportunity.

Old
03-06-2012, 10:32 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
When i got in on them it was 19 bucks in my section, and I got to pick whatever i wanted. It was like a free for all. What section are you in?

Old
03-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Quote:
When i got in on them it was 19 bucks in my section, and I got to pick whatever i wanted. It was like a free for all. What section are you in?
Row 15, Section 309.

I have gotten so used to standing that I feel uncomfortable and claustrophobic at events where I am not in the last row. But I know to behave myself, as I hate those in front of me that stand and block peoples views.

Old
03-06-2012, 11:23 AM
Spoked P

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMars View Post
My PBruins season tickets say $30 on them too, the price is BS. I don't even think they are $30 at the box office. (they might be though)

I paid $550 if I recall for last season, I have section 108 Row C (Dead center) which puts the actual cost around $14.50. I also get 10 free flex vouchers which I did not figure into the per game price.
this is correct. It works out for me that I pay $12.50 a seat.
$500 for the season divided by 40 games = $12.50

Old
03-06-2012, 11:36 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
Row 15, Section 309.

I have gotten so used to standing that I feel uncomfortable and claustrophobic at events where I am not in the last row. But I know to behave myself, as I hate those in front of me that stand and block peoples views.
haha I was gonna say.. man i'm row 13 in section 306.. I wish i had last row where you can just stand up and chill out. I got row 15's a few years before i had seasons i liked to stand up. **** at one point someone had put up a few little wall coat hangers and people hung their jackets up on it haha. Bad ass perk.

Old
03-06-2012, 12:19 PM
jeffclark

Quote:
haha I was gonna say.. man i'm row 13 in section 306.. I wish i had last row where you can just stand up and chill out. I got row 15's a few years before i had seasons i liked to stand up. **** at one point someone had put up a few little wall coat hangers and people hung their jackets up on it haha. Bad ass perk.
305, row 15 here.

So get this. The little coat hooks. We've had ours up all season. Great little perk.

This last Saturday, some "supervisor" tells the usher in our section that we can't hang our coats there. Doesn't give a reason why, just that we can't.

Coats hanging up all over the Garden's row 15 walls in other sections. Very confused.

Any ideas why anyone would care? He said 'I know you didn't put the hooks there (heh), but you can't hang your coat on them.'

Old
03-06-2012, 12:23 PM
Morris Wanchuk

Quote:
305, row 15 here.

So get this. The little coat hooks. We've had ours up all season. Great little perk.

This last Saturday, some "supervisor" tells the usher in our section that we can't hang our coats there. Doesn't give a reason why, just that we can't.

Coats hanging up all over the Garden's row 15 walls in other sections. Very confused.

Any ideas why anyone would care? He said 'I know you didn't put the hooks there (heh), but you can't hang your coat on them.'
Every once in a while you get the Loge ****** usher assigned to the balcony. They want to flex their muscles.

IMO, they should assign one usher to a section and leave them there. They will begin to know the habits of the STH in the section and know how to resolve disputes better because of it.

Old
03-06-2012, 01:15 PM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
305, row 15 here.

I have noticed that... last year or the year before they told the guys in row 15 near us to bring them down. They act like gestapo sometimes man. I think the funnier things are how kids/people get kicked out for bring booze... but i've seen shoving matches or fights and they just seperate the two dudes but not the people who clearly started it (usually woman unfortunately). This tends to happen in the section next to me.. 307.. in the lower part of that section seems to be douchbags annoymous haha.

Quote:
Every once in a while you get the Loge ****** usher assigned to the balcony. They want to flex their muscles.

IMO, they should assign one usher to a section and leave them there. They will begin to know the habits of the STH in the section and know how to resolve disputes better because of it.
Very true. I don't know how many times i've seen people have to go to an usher and report a problem that if they had one usher who knew everyone there and what to expect nothing would've happened.

Old
03-06-2012, 04:43 PM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:

I've been saying this for years. The usher is actually a pretty big part of the fan experience, and would be a nice (and cheap) perk to give STHs. I have the same concessions people every game, why not the same ushers as well?

Old
03-06-2012, 05:17 PM
schmautzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris21 View Post
How much do season ticket holders pay for loge seats?

Looking for a pair as well vs Buffalo. Thank you
Loge pairs on ticket exchange now

Closed Thread