HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

USA u20 team roster: Is Schremp on the team?

Closed Thread

Old
11-04-2004, 07:07 PM
NYR469

vCash: 500
as for the backup goalie, chris holt was probably the 2nd best goalie at the summer camp and is off to a pretty good start this year at UNO. so i think he'll definitely get consideration...as far as prospects go he isn't as good as schneider, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if he gets tabbed as the backup.

Old
11-04-2004, 08:16 PM
penkil2

Holt will prob be back up goalie.
Pineault is the only 86' named today.

Old
11-04-2004, 08:24 PM
RDriesen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger
I think Kessel would have been named already except for his wrist injury. I think they'll wait until the last minute to name him, or his replacement, which IMO could very well be Schremp.
yea, but they picked fritsche who hasnt played this year.

also, cbj's other 2nd round steal, pineault is on the team, hadnt seen it mentioned

Old
11-04-2004, 09:05 PM
trahans99

Just got back from the Knights/Guelph game and wow did Robbie Schremp ever show up Callahan. Callahan scored a goal to take the lead but Schremp made a very determined effort on a wrap around and scored the game tying goal w/ 10 minutes left and played a great game tonight in which London won and Callahan went -3 !!!!!!!

IMO Schremp is and will be a much better player than Callahan after watching them play against each other for the 10th time in the past 2 years.

Last edited by trahans99: 11-04-2004 at 09:06 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old
11-04-2004, 09:11 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by trahans99
Just got back from the Knights/Guelph game and wow did Robbie Schremp ever show up Callahan. Callahan scored a goal to take the lead but Schremp made a very determined effort on a wrap around and scored the game tying goal w/ 10 minutes left and played a great game tonight in which London won and Callahan went -3 !!!!!!!

IMO Schremp is and will be a much better player than Callahan after watching them play against each other for the 10th time in the past 2 years.
Who's ever questioned that?

Old
11-04-2004, 10:24 PM
Reilly311

does anyone know if ESPN or someone is going to show this tournament in the states? Or is there some NBA basketball on?

Old
11-04-2004, 11:44 PM
Captain Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly311
does anyone know if ESPN or someone is going to show this tournament in the states? Or is there some NBA basketball on?

I think theres an important horseshoes tournament during the week of the WJCs.

Old
11-04-2004, 11:47 PM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Conservative
I think theres an important horseshoes tournament during the week of the WJCs.
along with some rodeo and cards and spelling bee along with their all new trivial pursuit

Old
11-05-2004, 02:02 AM
Jacob

Is Goligoski going to be on this team?

Old
11-05-2004, 03:30 AM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

I'm not looking for the best players, I'm looking for the right ones-Herb Brooks.

11-05-2004, 06:33 AM
Prucha73

Quote:

Was going -3 due to mainly Callahan's defensive mistakes? What are Callahan's chances at NHL level?

Old
11-05-2004, 07:43 AM
CharlieGirl
Go Rangers Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prucha73
Was going -3 due to mainly Callahan's defensive mistakes? What are Callahan's chances at NHL level?
I'm betting that Callahan's -3 has more to do with the fact that Guelph had to dress 10 or 11 rookies versus Canada's top ranked CHL team.

Old
11-05-2004, 08:06 AM
rebedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I think this shows that the American team has not been pleased with his "attitude" in the past/now, and possibly even more important......may have significant depth to overcome the lack of somone who might/might not be a team player while still being a "game-breaker". Either that, or they just simply do not like his game
I'm not so sure that he isn't a team player, in fact it seems that his teammates like him quite a lot. Instead I think he seems to have a problem with authority and being told what to do. He is probably one of those guys that want to do things his own way and his way has gotten him this far. But of course those in authority don't like young kids doing things their own way and want them to be part of the cookie cutter and do things all the same way. It is in essence one of the problems with hockey today, it lacks creativity and stiffles kids like Shremp. Creativity equals risk and they want to minimize risk, play defensive instead of offensive. Hopefully, he'll get through this and give Edmonton fans a thrill if they are willing to go back to offensive hockey. Good luck to him.

Old
11-05-2004, 09:11 AM
NYR469

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reilly311
i haven't seen anything official but i remember over the summer hearing talks that between the lockout, the tourney being held in the states, and usa winning last year they were looking to get more coverage in the us then in previous years

so keep your fingers crossed...i'm hoping that espn decides to carry the tsn feed for certain games (atleast give us a few)

Old
11-05-2004, 09:17 AM
NYR469

on the whole schremp thing, i really hope that he makes the team cause he's a great player and us has some quality talent to replace from last year's team and it would be a shame if he gets snubbed again over politics...

but lets not forget that we had this same exact discussion last year at this time and everyone ripped team usa for not fielding the best team possible, etc and then they went out and won the gold proving that they did field the best team rather then the best group of individuals

Old
11-05-2004, 09:19 AM
NYR469

3 guys that i really hope make the team are blake wheeler, phil kessel and jack johnson...they haven't played at anything close to this level of competition yet so i'd love to see them up against the top u-20 players in the world.

Old
11-05-2004, 10:07 AM
pucks1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
i haven't seen anything official but i remember over the summer hearing talks that between the lockout, the tourney being held in the states, and usa winning last year they were looking to get more coverage in the us then in previous years

so keep your fingers crossed...i'm hoping that espn decides to carry the tsn feed for certain games (atleast give us a few)
I say we get a link on this thread to someone from espn and Have everyone on this board send emails saying cover the world jr's its all we have left.

Old
11-05-2004, 11:24 AM
Spectacular_Bid

Quote:
3 guys that i really hope make the team are blake wheeler, phil kessel and jack johnson...they haven't played at anything close to this level of competition yet so i'd love to see them up against the top u-20 players in the world.
I think the one you're most likely to see is Jack Johnson. Phil Kessel has a wrist injury right now which most likely will require surgery. Even without this injury I think he was a long shot for this team, in a tournament like this he would have to play center and the U.S. is just to deep at that position (O'Sullivan, Hensick, Fritsche, Dowell, etc.) I'd like to see Wheeler as well but I think we'll have to wait until next year. It seems like he's been playing well in Green Bay but inconsistent at times. With the tournament being held in the US with the US team defedning their gold medal, I doubt they will take a chance on Wheeler. He should be on for sure next year though.

The question is why no defensemen named in the first wave?? This team needs to add some size on the back end. Look for the US team to name AJ Thelan, Matt Nickerson and Matt Lashoff.

Also, they need 4 more forwards any thoughts on who those 4 might be??

My guess is Josh Henessey, Kevin Porter, Robbie Earl and I'm not sure on the fourth, Schremp should probably be on the team but I just don't know how happy USA hockey is with him.

Old
11-05-2004, 11:33 AM
Reilly311

I e-mailed John Buccigross and asked if he knew any insider information about the games. I'll post his reply when/if I get it.

Old
11-05-2004, 12:43 PM
O.T.

Here's a good article on Schremp not being named to team USA yet. It looks like he's winning his coach over, and does'nt look like he'll be a healthy playoff scratch this year.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/Jun...05/701920.html

Old
11-05-2004, 04:12 PM
D.Legwand

Quote:

listened to that on the net.

Old
11-05-2004, 04:16 PM
BuppY

You guys think Robbie Earl will be on the team?

Old
11-05-2004, 04:45 PM
trahans99

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Legwand
listened to that on the net.

Absolute great game.... the Knights totally dominated for the 2nd, 3rd and OT but couldn't beat Dennis until they tied and won it. They put on a clinic as to why they are the best team in CHL, Schremp and Perry were on the same line for the first time ever and it was awesome watching these to dazzle there way around the Guelph end and to cap it off Schremp scored a great goal.

I read the article in the paper about Schremp today and have seen him 7 times live this year after watching him probably 15 times last year and he has completely upgraded his defence and is even hitting a little bit As for his offesive game is also improving as he is on pace to reach 90-105 points this year depending on being on the US WJ team.

Old
11-05-2004, 04:49 PM
HabLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonDrop_27
I
The question is why no defensemen named in the first wave?? This team needs to add some size on the back end. Look for the US team to name AJ Thelan, Matt Nickerson and Matt Lashoff.
Anyone think Zack Fitzgerald out of Seattle could be named or possibly Dustin Byfuglien out of Prince George could be one the D-men for the USA? Both guys are big and Fitz is a tough customer and nasty.

Old
11-05-2004, 05:21 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Kessel and Johnson have played against the top players in their age groups, and some above them as well. Wheeler hasn't though.

Closed Thread