HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Prospects
Notices

Prospects Discuss hockey prospects from all over the world and the NHL Draft.

USA u20 team roster: Is Schremp on the team?

Closed Thread

Old
11-05-2004, 05:24 PM
leafaholix*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuppY
You guys think Robbie Earl will be on the team?
If he keeps it up, yes.

His coach at Wisconsin is the coach for the US team, and he'll know exactly what Robbie can bring to the table. Earl is currently (atleast statistically) one of the best players in college hockey this season, he has points in every single game so far.

Old
11-05-2004, 05:25 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
If he keeps it up, yes.

His coach at Wisconsin is the coach for the US team, and he'll know exactly what Robbie can bring to the table. Earl is currently (atleast statistically) one of the best players in college hockey this season, he has points in every single game so far.
Mike Eaves isn't the coach.

Old
11-05-2004, 05:30 PM
leafaholix*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobey
Mike Eaves isn't the coach.
Really, who is?

Old
11-05-2004, 05:57 PM
William H Bonney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leafaholix
Really, who is?
Scott Sandelin.

Mike Eaves didn't want to leave the University of Wisconsin team for an extended period again.

Old
11-07-2004, 09:43 AM
Puckhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enoch
I think this shows that the American team has not been pleased with his "attitude" in the past/now, and possibly even more important......may have significant depth to overcome the lack of somone who might/might not be a team player while still being a "game-breaker". Either that, or they just simply do not like his game
It's got to be something more than that! He must have has pissed in somebody at USA hockeys corn flakes. This is the biggest tournament in the world for junior players. Add to that the fact that not only are the States the defending champs, but are also hosting the event. I would think that you have to have your very best team, sending the best talent you have available to you. It is a no brainer that Schremp should be there, and this could leave one of those ever lasting bad tastes in his mouth about the USA hockey program. He is still upset about last years WJC and now this? What are they thinking?

Old
11-07-2004, 10:14 AM
RDriesen

they are thinking about winning. hes one player. if he did something that they dont like, its his fault. its a privalege to play for your country, if he isnt playing, he either isnt good enough, or did something that the coaches feel doesnt represent the us well. i cant give any proof, cause i have no clue about his situation, but i doubt they would leave a top player off the team just because they dont like him

Old
11-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Joe d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobey
Kessel and Johnson have played against the top players in their age groups, and some above them as well. Wheeler hasn't though.
The only comparison you can judge Wheeler on vs top competition is the WJ evaluation camp. Also, he currently leads the Green Bay Gamblers in scoring with 12 points in 12 games.....Here's the breakdown of scoring at the evaluation camp..

Patrick O’Sullivan: 4 goals, 1 assist
Blake Wheeler: 3 goals, 1 assist
T.J. Hensick: 3 goals, 1 assist
Chris Bourque: 1 goal, 3 assists
Jacob Dowell: 1 goal, 3 assists
Adam Pineault: 3 goals, 0 assists
Kevin Porter: 2 goals, 1 assist
Dan Fritsche: 1 goal, 2 assists
Robbie Earl: 1 goal, 2 assists
Robbie Schremp: 0 goals, 3 assists
Drew Stafford: 0 goals, 3 assists
Phil Kessel: 2 goals, 0 assists
Matt Auffrey: 2 goals, 0 assists
John Vigilante: 1 goal, 1 assist
Matt Hunwick: 1 goal, 1 assist
Shawn Weller: 1 goal, 1 assist
Brandon Dubinsky: 1 goal, 1 assist
Al Montoya: 0 goals, 2 assists
Matt Nickerson: 0 goals, 2 assists
Josh Hennessy: 1 goal, 0 assists
Bryan Lerg: 1 goal, 0 assists
Nate Davis: 1 goal, 0 assists
Tyler Haskins: 1 goal, 0 assists
Jeff Likens: 1 goal, 0 assists
Ray Macias: 0 goals, 1 assist
Tom Fritsche: 0 goals, 1 assist
Ryan Suter: 0 goals, 1 assist
Nate Hagemo: 0 goals, 1 assist
Paul Stastny: 0 goals, 1 assist
Mike Brown: 0 goals, 1 assist
Ryan Callahan: 0 goals, 1 assist
A.J. Thelan: 0 goals, 1 assist
Chris Zarb
Casey Borer
Mike Brennan
Jack Johnson
Matt Lashoff
Grant Lewis
Jimmy Sharrow

Tied for second in scoring....not bad for a High School Kid.....Also, Central Scouting has him listed at 6'4 205 pounds.......If not choosen this year, he could really be an impact player next year.

Old
11-07-2004, 11:44 AM
Sammy*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDriesen
they are thinking about winning. hes one player. if he did something that they dont like, its his fault. its a privalege to play for your country, if he isnt playing, he either isnt good enough, or did something that the coaches feel doesnt represent the us well. i cant give any proof, cause i have no clue about his situation, but i doubt they would leave a top player off the team just because they dont like him
I agree whloehartdly, except for that last statement. They probably dont like him, but for some good reason (in their eyes anyways). They want to ice the best team, & obviously this guy has some perceived shortcomings that dont make him anywhere near a lock.
And the US management knows a heck of alot more about Scremp & his game than you or I or a bunch of his fanboys, & has no agenda other than winning.

Old
11-07-2004, 12:38 PM
cagney
cdojdmccjajgejncjaba

I think Schremp will be on the final roster.

Also, from what I've heard Kessel doesn't have any ligament damage in his wrist so he'll only be out for 2-3 weeks.

Old
11-07-2004, 12:57 PM
Postman

Send a message via AIM to Postman Send a message via MSN to Postman
Quote:
Originally Posted by cagney
I think Schremp will be on the final roster.

Also, from what I've heard Kessel doesn't have any ligament damage in his wrist so he'll only be out for 2-3 weeks.
Great news. Hopefully he'll be named to the team if that's the case. And if he is, this team will definitely have more offensive talent than last year with the addition of guys like Pineault, Hensick, Schremp, and Kessel.

Old
11-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Puckhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR469
on the whole schremp thing, i really hope that he makes the team cause he's a great player and us has some quality talent to replace from last year's team and it would be a shame if he gets snubbed again over politics...

but lets not forget that we had this same exact discussion last year at this time and everyone ripped team usa for not fielding the best team possible, etc and then they went out and won the gold proving that they did field the best team rather then the best group of individuals
With all do respect to team USA of a year ago, but I feel that it was more Canada lost that game, then USA won it! They were up a couple of goals, and laid back. The USA side was a very good team, and not one to be taken lightly. However, Canada slowed up and got some timely saves from Montoya aswell, and tied it. Then there was that brain cramp fluke goal by O'Sullivan to win it. So I am not taking away what the Americans were able to do, they obviously did more than a few things right to win Gold. But, Canada handed it to them. I don't feel they had the better team, and I really think that not having Schremp last year did hurt them. Them winning makes it a moot point, but clearly having him on the team makes their team better. If he gets snubbed again it would really be too bad, because as was stated earlier, this is a great opportunity to showcase how far the Americans have come in the hockey world, and it's taking place in their own backyard. I say send your best and in that way there won't be any questions about losing and had Schremp or other deserving guys been there, maybe things would have turned out different.

Old
11-08-2004, 01:02 AM
Captain Conservative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckhead
With all do respect to team USA of a year ago, but I feel that it was more Canada lost that game, then USA won it! They were up a couple of goals, and laid back. The USA side was a very good team, and not one to be taken lightly. However, Canada slowed up and got some timely saves from Montoya aswell, and tied it. Then there was that brain cramp fluke goal by O'Sullivan to win it. So I am not taking away what the Americans were able to do, they obviously did more than a few things right to win Gold. But, Canada handed it to them. I don't feel they had the better team, and I really think that not having Schremp last year did hurt them.

Are you joking? Even Robbie said that he couldn't argue with the results.

Go peddle yer excuses somewhere else, excuse-mongerer.

Old
11-08-2004, 08:52 AM
Rabid Ranger
Imperiled Knight

Quote:
With all do respect to team USA of a year ago, but I feel that it was more Canada lost that game, then USA won it! They were up a couple of goals, and laid back. The USA side was a very good team, and not one to be taken lightly. However, Canada slowed up and got some timely saves from Montoya aswell, and tied it. Then there was that brain cramp fluke goal by O'Sullivan to win it. So I am not taking away what the Americans were able to do, they obviously did more than a few things right to win Gold. But, Canada handed it to them. I don't feel they had the better team, and I really think that not having Schremp last year did hurt them. Them winning makes it a moot point, but clearly having him on the team makes their team better. If he gets snubbed again it would really be too bad, because as was stated earlier, this is a great opportunity to showcase how far the Americans have come in the hockey world, and it's taking place in their own backyard. I say send your best and in that way there won't be any questions about losing and had Schremp or other deserving guys been there, maybe things would have turned out different.

Can you hit anymore forks in the road with this post? This whole mentality from some Canadians of "we gave you the victory" instead of just owning up and saying the better team (the U.S.) won is mind-boggling. Get over it!

Old
11-08-2004, 08:59 PM
espo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Conservative

Are you joking? Even Robbie said that he couldn't argue with the results.

Go peddle yer excuses somewhere else, excuse-mongerer.
Nah...he's essentially correct.

Old
11-08-2004, 09:02 PM
espo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger
Can you hit anymore forks in the road with this post? This whole mentality from some Canadians of "we gave you the victory" instead of just owning up and saying the better team (the U.S.) won is mind-boggling. Get over it!
That's not gonna happen because everyone up here knows the U.S team was'nt better.It's a shame what happened,they blew it.If the U.S mops the floor with us legitimately this year i'll have no problem admitting it but not with last years U.S victory,they were more then a little fortunate to say the least.To bad our guys chocked due to rotten play between the pipes.If that don't happen we got ya.Bad memories for sure but hopefully not this year.

Old
11-08-2004, 09:34 PM
Form and Substance

We won and you lost, everyone happy? (That is Team Canada won and Team USA lost, regardless of results)

Old
11-08-2004, 09:43 PM
Reilly311

I didn't know Canada got wins when the game is tied! How could I have not known that?

Old
11-08-2004, 09:46 PM
MePutPuckInNet

The loss was painful for Canada, for sure. But refusing to give due credit to the boys from the US is just plain wrong....and Un-Canadian. They played hard. They fought back although they were down 3-1, they didn't give up. Sure, they caught a few lucky bounces - but they worked hard for them. Somehow, for "the infamous goal", many people find it easier to blame MAF, than to give Team USA [especially O'Sullivan] credit for being fast enough to break away from TWO Team Canada defenders [even though he was being hooked from behind by one of them] and go crashing towards the net. You can talk about how Canada "should" have won and how the US just "got lucky". But Team USA created their luck. Canada apparently COULD NOT.

But anyway,,,,that was then. This is now. The 2005 WJC ought to be an awesome tournament. But maybe we all need to remember, this isn't just between the US and Canada. There's a lot of other good teams out there. Russia, Sweden, hell even the Chech's will all be contenders. Canada should be proud that it has helped raise the level of competition in Junior hockey. We should be damn glad that there's heavy competition out there....that will make winning all the more sweeter.

Old
11-09-2004, 01:03 AM
Rabid Ranger
Imperiled Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclops
That's not gonna happen because everyone up here knows the U.S team was'nt better.It's a shame what happened,they blew it.If the U.S mops the floor with us legitimately this year i'll have no problem admitting it but not with last years U.S victory,they were more then a little fortunate to say the least.To bad our guys chocked due to rotten play between the pipes.If that don't happen we got ya.Bad memories for sure but hopefully not this year.
What a crock. I guess it's going to take a blowout to convince you and some of your brethern that Canada actually loses eh? :mad:

Old
11-09-2004, 01:04 AM
Rabid Ranger
Imperiled Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leachmeister2000
We won and you lost, everyone happy? (That is Team Canada won and Team USA lost, regardless of results)

Well, that about sums up the mentality of the typical Canadian poster in this thread. Good work! :lol

Old
11-09-2004, 08:08 AM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
So I am not taking away what the Americans were able to do, they obviously did more than a few things right to win Gold. But, Canada handed it to them.

Looks like you did exactly what you claimed you were not going to do.

Canada did not hand the game to them. It was a well fought game, the whole time. Canada had the lead going into the third, but the U.S. were able to put the Canadians back on their heels the entire third period....putting enormous pressure on the defense. They scored 3 goals. Sure the last goal was "flukey", but it was a goal nonetheless.....due to hardwork, driving to the net, and forcing huge amounts of pressure on the back-checking defensemen. You say it was lucky, I say it was hockey. Even if that last goal had not went in, the game still would have been tied with the momentum fully in the US teams hands. Whether or not they would have won from there, is unknown. Saying that Canada handed the US the game, though, is just your attempt at justifying why your team lost. They lost because they were not the better team, and they were outplayed when it counted the most. Its that simple.

11-09-2004, 08:26 AM
CharlieGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet
The loss was painful for Canada, for sure. But refusing to give due credit to the boys from the US is just plain wrong....and Un-Canadian. They played hard. They fought back although they were down 3-1, they didn't give up. Sure, they caught a few lucky bounces - but they worked hard for them. Somehow, for "the infamous goal", many people find it easier to blame MAF, than to give Team USA [especially O'Sullivan] credit for being fast enough to break away from TWO Team Canada defenders [even though he was being hooked from behind by one of them] and go crashing towards the net. You can talk about how Canada "should" have won and how the US just "got lucky". But Team USA created their luck. Canada apparently COULD NOT.

But anyway,,,,that was then. This is now. The 2005 WJC ought to be an awesome tournament. But maybe we all need to remember, this isn't just between the US and Canada. There's a lot of other good teams out there. Russia, Sweden, hell even the Chech's will all be contenders. Canada should be proud that it has helped raise the level of competition in Junior hockey. We should be damn glad that there's heavy competition out there....that will make winning all the more sweeter.
Well said - and exactly right. The third goal was flukey (I don't think anyone would have an argument there), but Fleury had to act quickly because O'Sullivan was bearing down on him. I was pleased that our Canadians made it to the final (it was a very young team) and I was disappointed in the final result -- but the Canadians didn't give the game away, it was won by the American team. Can we please put an end to this "we should have won", "well our team was better" nonsense? The tournament has been over for almost a year...... it's time to let it go.

Old
11-09-2004, 08:37 AM
uw15

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonDrop_27
I think the one you're most likely to see is Jack Johnson. Phil Kessel has a wrist injury right now which most likely will require surgery. Even without this injury I think he was a long shot for this team, in a tournament like this he would have to play center and the U.S. is just to deep at that position (O'Sullivan, Hensick, Fritsche, Dowell, etc.) I'd like to see Wheeler as well but I think we'll have to wait until next year. It seems like he's been playing well in Green Bay but inconsistent at times. With the tournament being held in the US with the US team defedning their gold medal, I doubt they will take a chance on Wheeler. He should be on for sure next year though.

The question is why no defensemen named in the first wave?? This team needs to add some size on the back end. Look for the US team to name AJ Thelan, Matt Nickerson and Matt Lashoff.

Also, they need 4 more forwards any thoughts on who those 4 might be??

My guess is Josh Henessey, Kevin Porter, Robbie Earl and I'm not sure on the fourth, Schremp should probably be on the team but I just don't know how happy USA hockey is with him.
Kessell will be back in 1-3 weeks now as no surgery is required. Not sure if he'll make the squad anyways unless he comes back quickly and very strong.

http://www.madison.com/wsj/home/spor...php?ntid=15820

Old
11-09-2004, 08:51 AM
ceber

Quote:
Originally Posted by MePutPuckInNet
Somehow, for "the infamous goal", many people find it easier to blame MAF, than to give Team USA [especially O'Sullivan] credit for being fast enough to break away from TWO Team Canada defenders [even though he was being hooked from behind by one of them] and go crashing towards the net.
A good, and often overlooked, point. The goal itself may have been lucky, but all the play that lead up to it was not.

Old
11-09-2004, 12:33 PM
espo*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger
What a crock. I guess it's going to take a blowout to convince you and some of your brethern that Canada actually loses eh? :mad:
If that's the case then you'll be waiting a long time before anyone is convinced because i don't see any blow-outs for quite some time.You don't need a blow-out to convince me,you needed to outplay us and win without our goaltender scoring the winning goal for you guys.How much credit can i give them for that?Tournament winning goal for U.S scored by Zach Parise?Pat O'Sullivan?Brady Murray? nope.........Marc Andre Fleury!!That makes for good copy only with rabid fans like you.Even if you get outplayed and win with one of your guys actually putting the puck in the net this year i'll get on here and give you all the congratulations you can handle.I give you my word on that.See you in December

Closed Thread