HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Joe Corvo wants to fight Kyle Turris

Old
02-28-2012, 02:16 PM
Tap on the Ankle
Nobody remembers No2

vCash: 500
Why would the NHL make him take back his statement? He clearly said that he just wanted to fight, not hurt Turris. Nothing wrong with that.

Tap on the Ankle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Legend Killer

vCash: 1396
I cant believe how big this situation has become...

Turris hit Corvo dirty. Corvo said he wants to fight Turris and hope he is a man when he challenges him. That should have been the end of the story.

I cant believe how sensitive everyone has become. All the radio shows talking about how big of a "no-no" it is and comparing it to the Bertuzzi/Moore incident... Its not even close... They are both men and if they fight it will be over... Corvo never threatened him in any way... He said he was going to go after him and challenge him to a fight...

Legend Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 02:33 PM
RedWhiteBlackGold

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tap on the Ankle View Post
Why would the NHL make him take back his statement? He clearly said that he just wanted to fight, not hurt Turris. Nothing wrong with that.
Probably because it's the NHL and not the WWE.

02-28-2012, 02:38 PM
Tundraman
Survivalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GK View Post
Sweet, now he's going to get all the bigger players to go after him because he won't now.
Corvo sounds like a whimpering self centered blowhard trying to find excuses as to why no team mate came to his rescue from the monstrously large Kyle Turris. There were 13 minutes left in the game when Turris came out of the box. The Bruins were still leading 4-1 and Turris played some shifts after that. He's so dangerous that no one including Corvo tried to hit him. Corvo's career is at an end so he'll no doubt write a 50000 page encyclopedia about this heinous act some day.

Tundraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Lenny the Lynx

Corvo is a weird guy and has always had trouble dealing with the media. That's why this issue was so funny all along, he says dumb things and brings weird attention on himself.

I respect that he wanted to call out Turris but he could have just done it during the game, scrapped and it would be done with.

Lenny the Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:00 PM
SensHero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post

Turris hit Corvo dirty. Corvo said he wants to fight Turris and hope he is a man when he challenges him. That should have been the end of the story.

I cant believe how sensitive everyone has become. All the radio shows talking about how big of a "no-no" it is and comparing it to the Bertuzzi/Moore incident... Its not even close... They are both men and if they fight it will be over... Corvo never threatened him in any way... He said he was going to go after him and challenge him to a fight...
So then why didn't he do it last game? He would rather hear himself sounding tough. He has been a *ussy his whole career, now that he is on the Bruins he likes to think that he is tough. The guy is a joke, and to call on Turris... ya that takes real balls big guy. Just go and do it, and stop talking about it.

SensHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Dionysus

vCash: 50
I hope Turris asks him to drop the gloves and settle it. No reason at all it should be a big deal.

Dionysus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:20 PM
Countdown0
Painfully Honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSBruins13 View Post
You forgot some key words in there....

Either way, great hit by Neil on Boychuk - nice and clean - just hope that Boychuk recovers fast.

Corvo vs. Turris should be a joke of a slapfest. Regardless, not sure that Ottawa wants to poke the bear.
Did you get this idea before or after Neil had Chara on his back trying to not get his face caved in?

If Chara is the so-called "toughest and best fighter in the hockey world," then imagine what Neil would do to anyone else on your team.

For the record, Bears are actually quite cowardly animals. They only fight when natural instincts tell them too, like when they have nowhere to run. A Mongoose is tougher than a Bear. It will chase down and kill venomous snakes, just because mongooses don't like snakes.

Countdown0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:23 PM
SP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countdown0 View Post
For the record, Bears are actually quite cowardly animals.
You go tell that to a bear.

SP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:24 PM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

Quote:
For the record, Bears are actually quite cowardly animals. They only fight when natural instincts tell them too, like when they have nowhere to run. A Mongoose is tougher than a bear. It will chase down and kill venomous snakes, just because mongooses don't like snakes.
Not entirely accurate.

Polar Bears are the only land animal in the world that will actively track and hunt humans as prey. Even ones as big as Chara.

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Countdown0
Painfully Honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamigo View Post
Not entirely accurate.

Polar Bears are the only land animal in the world that will actively track and hunt humans as prey. Even ones as big as Chara.
They do this out of necessity, because they are hungry. Also, the 'Bruins' are brown bear, which are actually quite timid animals. If you just walk through the woods and make a lot of noise, they avoid you. A mongoose wont even try to eat the snakes it kills, it will just kill them because it wants to kill them.

Regardless, my point is that the Bruins get a tougher reputation than they should have because they push around the smaller, meeker teams, like the 'Nucks and the Sabres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP View Post
You go tell that to a bear.
Again, if you walk through the woods, shouting "Bears are cowards, Bears are cowards!" They will run away from the noise, because they are scared it could be something that can hurt them. They are both timid and stupid animals. Very cute though, when they aren't trying to maul you because you accidentially cornered one of their cubs :p

Old
02-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
They do this out of necessity. Also, the 'Bruins' are brown bear, which are actually quite timid animals. If you just walk through the woods and make a lot of noise, they avoid you.
Until you mess with their babies. Like Corvo.

Emerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:46 PM
Countdown0
Painfully Honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerica View Post
Until you mess with their babies. Like Corvo.
Too bad for baby Corvo that Chara already got sedated by Neil.

Old
02-28-2012, 04:51 PM
slamigo
Skate or Die!

Quote:
Again, if you walk through the woods, shouting "Bears are cowards, Bears are cowards!" They will run away from the noise, because they are scared it could be something that can hurt them. They are both timid and stupid animals. Very cute though, when they aren't trying to maul you because you accidentially cornered one of their cubs :p

You may be correct, but I believe a demonstration is in order. Strap on a GoPro videocam and head down to the nearest zoo as I believe all the woodland bears will be sleeping.

Post up your results afterwards and we'll settle this bear controversy once and for all.

slamigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 04:56 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer View Post

The NHL doesn't want 'pre-meditated' fights to make it into the media such as this. It looks bad, it sounds stupid and frankly it is stupid.

Secondly, Corvo isn't much of a man, so he'd better be careful what he asks for. Turris isn't much of a fighter but Turris also isn't some drunk girl in a bar.

Ottawa is one of the few teams the Bruins can't push around. If Boston's wants to run around and act like a bunch of idiots, Ottawa is game because we have a bunch of idiots as well.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 05:01 PM
StrongIslanders90

Turris is not a fighter and not known to be dirty....If he has to answer for what he did then one of Corvos younger non fighting teamates should challenge him....Turris has no obligation to fight..It might have been a dirty hit but the kids not known for that....If it was Cooke, fine ...

StrongIslanders90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Dick Whitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrongIslanders90 View Post
Turris is not a fighter and not known to be dirty....If he has to answer for what he did then one of Corvos younger non fighting teamates should challenge him....Turris has no obligation to fight..It might have been a dirty hit but the kids not known for that....If it was Cooke, fine ...
Corvo is a non-fighter. I'm fine with Corvo trying to fight his own battles.

Dick Whitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 05:10 PM
Tundraman
Survivalist

Corvo didn't look at the calendar. The Bruins are back in Ottawa on April 5. Good time for revenge if he overreacts unless he catches a sudden case of yellow fever by then.

Old
02-28-2012, 05:30 PM
West Coast Eagles
Classless

Quote:
Did you get this idea before or after Neil had Chara on his back trying to not get his face caved in?

If Chara is the so-called "toughest and best fighter in the hockey world," then imagine what Neil would do to anyone else on your team.

For the record, Bears are actually quite cowardly animals. They only fight when natural instincts tell them too, like when they have nowhere to run. A Mongoose is tougher than a Bear. It will chase down and kill venomous snakes, just because mongooses don't like snakes.
Seeing as we are talking about tough animals now, I am just going to start representing the honey badger. You want tough, google the honey badger

West Coast Eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 05:35 PM
CR15

Turris should still ask him to spin em, I can't see them not going if Corvo has any spine if they come together infront of the net after a whistle.

CR15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Vicarious

Corvo is just trying to bring some relevance back to his career. He was always a nobody.

Vicarious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 05:46 PM
BigEyedPhish

I want to see Turris kick his ass, I would literally laugh out loud.

El Cuervo vs. El Toro

BigEyedPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 05:48 PM
jmon13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEyedPhish View Post
I want to see Turris kick his ass, I would literally laugh out loud.
As a bruins fan I want to see turris get beat up for a cheap (imo) hit. But i would love to see someone pummel Corvo, I can't stand him.

jmon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Countdown0
Painfully Honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamigo View Post
You may be correct, but I believe a demonstration is in order. Strap on a GoPro videocam and head down to the nearest zoo as I believe all the woodland bears will be sleeping.

Post up your results afterwards and we'll settle this bear controversy once and for all.

>.> <.< >.> I think you just want to see me get mauled from my perspective!

Old
02-28-2012, 10:43 PM
Tundraman
Survivalist

Word on the street is that Corvo found out the Sens have a male fighting coach so he immediately retracted his statements.