HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official 2012 Habs Board (Annual) Mock Draft

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2012, 08:47 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
I like the Vesey pick. That he's going to Harvard may turn off a few teams, but it wouldn't surprise me if he's taken in the third or fourth round. I would assume he's the son of Jimmy Vesey, who played briefly for the Blues back in the 80's.
I like Vesey too. There's a lot of interesting collegiate bound prospects in this years draft.

Old
05-16-2012, 08:58 AM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
I'll be on at noon to make my pick. Had my list ready but left it at home.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
05-16-2012, 11:22 AM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:

With the 129th pick, the Minnesota Wild select; from the Val-d'Or Foreurs of the QMJHL, Francois Tremblay!

"Tremblay is technically sound and very calm in goal. His big frame (6'2, 200 lbs) really shows when he covers the top of the net just as well as the bottom. Still a project and a lot of work to do, but we believe he has enough potential to make a name for himself in the NHL some day."

PMing next GM now.

Old
05-16-2012, 11:37 AM
pine*

With the 129th pick, the Carolina Hurricanes select; out of Shattuck St. Mary's of the USHS, Zach Stepan!

"Zach is an offensive player who possesses a good shot with great vision and excels at distributing the puck. Welcome to Carolina."

Next GM pm'ed.

Last edited by pine*: 05-16-2012 at 11:58 AM.
Old
05-16-2012, 11:39 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pine View Post

With the 129th pick, the Carolina Hurricanes select; out of Shattuck St. Mary's of the USHS, Zach Stepan!

"Zach is an offensive player who possesses a good shot with great vision and excels at distributing the puck. Welcome to Carolina."

Next GM pm'ed.
Die in an AIDs fire!

Old
05-16-2012, 11:40 AM
pine*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Die in an AIDs fire!
Glad to see he was still on the board when I picked.

Old
05-16-2012, 11:47 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Good pick. Thanks for the poster-sized pic too

Old
05-16-2012, 12:35 PM
Habsfan18

pick coming shortly..

05-16-2012, 12:46 PM
Habsfan18

With the 130th overall selection in the 2012 Habs board mock draft, the Winnipeg Jets are proud to select, from the Fargo Force (and soon to be University of Nebraska-Omaha) of the USHL...defenseman, Brian Cooper.

"We're ecstatic to select Brian in the 5th round, as we feel he definitely should have been scooped up by now at this point in the draft. We love his puck rushing abilities and we feel he can be a very useful player, especially in powerplay situations. We're excited to see how Brian progresses over the next few seasons playing for Nebraska-Omaha of the WCHA."

I will PM the next GM.

Old
05-16-2012, 01:39 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:

With the 131st overall pick the Tampa Bay Lightning are pleased to select, from the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada, forward Cedric Paquette.

Cedric is a big, strong player who can play well at both ends of the rink. He also adds an offensive touch and has drawn comparisons to two-way scoring forwards like Patrice Bergeron and Joe Pavelski.

Next GM has been PM'd

Old
05-16-2012, 01:56 PM
Grant McCagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

With the 131st overall pick the Tampa Bay Lightning are pleased to select, from the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada, forward Cedric Paquette.

Cedric is a big, strong player who can play well at both ends of the rink. He also adds an offensive touch and has drawn comparisons to two-way scoring forwards like Patrice Bergeron and Joe Pavelski.

Next GM has been PM'd
So much for my next pick...very nice choice. He and Lancelette came on late in the season. Both may be candidates for the third round.

Old
05-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Grant McCagg

Stepan and Tremblay are also nice selections in the fifth who may well go in the draft's top 90. There are a number of guys that have been taken this round that I like more than guys taken in the second and third rounds.

Old
05-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883

With the 132nd pick the Avalanche select out of USA U-18, USHL, C Quentin Shore.

"We like his bloodline as his older brothers Nick and Drew are looking like good prospects. We aren't sure he'll be as good as the other two, but his play in the U18 tournament was promising therefore this late in the draft it seems like a good risk to take."

next GM will be PM'd

Old
05-16-2012, 04:40 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

With the 133rd selection in the 2012 NHL Draft, the Buffalo Sabres are proud to select from prince George Spruce Kings of the BCHL, forward Paul De Jersey.

(I'm on my way out to hockey, if someone can notify the next GM, I'd be thankful)

Old
05-16-2012, 05:05 PM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:

With the 133rd selection in the 2012 NHL Draft, the Buffalo Sabres are proud to select from prince George Spruce Kings of the BCHL, forward Paul De Jersey.

(I'm on my way out to hockey, if someone can notify the next GM, I'd be thankful)
Makes me wait all day, steals my pick and then leaves it to someone else to tell me.

Old
05-16-2012, 05:21 PM
TinordiandSubban

At pick #134 the Dallas Stars select, from the Shattuck St. Mary's Hockey School in the great state of Minnesota, D John Draeger.

GM says: John projects to be a great shut-down D with his awareness, mobility and toughness but we've also seen flashes of an exciting offensive upside with him. He's a natural leader and will be the cornerstone of a Michigan State program that has an impressive freshman class next season."

http://mnhockeyprospects.com/2012-nh.../john-draeger/

Next GM Pmed

Last edited by TinordiandSubban: 05-16-2012 at 06:06 PM.
Old
05-16-2012, 06:02 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post

You do know how much I hate you right now right? You CLEARLY are aware of it right?

Old
05-16-2012, 06:46 PM
Schooner Guy

Hi guys,...Great pace today! I'll make the New Jersey selection shortly.

Old
05-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Schooner Guy

With the 135th pick, the New Jersey Devils select from the London Knights....centre Chris Tierney.

We feel we got a very underrated player in Tierney. Chris plays on a deep Knights team and rarely sees any powerplay time but still managed 34 points in the regular season despite playing a good chunk of the season on the 4th line. Most of his points came in the second-half when his responsibilities increased based on his play. Chris has also played very well in the playoffs scoring some big goals including the game winner in Game 3 versus Niagara which may have been the turning point of the series and gave London a 2-1 series lead. Chris oozes character and does all the little things it takes to win a championship.

WeThreeKings has been PM'd for Ottawa.

Old
05-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Grant McCagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post
With the 135th pick, the New Jersey Devils select from the London Knights....centre Chris Tierney.

We feel we got a very underrated player in Tierney. Chris plays on a deep Knights team and rarely sees any powerplay time but still managed 34 points in the regular season despite playing a good chunk of the season on the 4th line. Most of his points came in the second-half when his responsibilities increased based on his play. Chris has also played very well in the playoffs scoring some big goals including the game winner in Game 3 versus Niagara which may have been the turning point of the series and gave London a 2-1 series lead. Chris oozes character and does all the little things it takes to win a championship.

Good pick Mully, was definitely on my short list. He may end up being a top 100 pick.

Old
05-16-2012, 07:32 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
You do know how much I hate you right now right? You CLEARLY are aware of it right?
I knew if I picked enough players from the Q I'd get on your bad side sooner or later

Old
05-16-2012, 07:58 PM
Schooner Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Good pick Mully, was definitely on my short list. He may end up being a top 100 pick.
Thanks Grant! I`m feeling more pressure to make good picks now that you`re involved.

Old
05-16-2012, 09:13 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schooner Guy View Post

Are people really doing this on purpose? After Hoto, Schooner you're on my "hate" list. Not "Student against Charest" hate list but close.....great pick....

Old
05-16-2012, 09:17 PM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

With the 136th pick in the 2012 NHL Draft, the Ottawa Senators are proud to select from the P.E.I. Rockets of the QMJHL, center Matej Beran.

Old
05-16-2012, 09:22 PM
TinordiandSubban

Quote:

With the 136th pick in the 2012 NHL Draft, the Ottawa Senators are proud to select from the P.E.I. Rockets of the QMJHL, center Matej Beran.
Twice in one day you took the top guy on my list just before my pick!

Once is suspicious, twice is definite proof of espionage.

Closed Thread