HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Who's Out? When Will They Be Back?

Old
03-07-2012, 05:11 AM
Markstrom Rules
Great Finnish

vCash: 500
As was said, Versteeg won't play until at least Sunday. They'll re-evaluate after Pittsburgh.

http://panthers.nhl.com/club/blogpos...id=DL|FLA|home

Markstrom Rules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-07-2012, 06:53 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 813
I hope Kulikov is back soon. We all do.

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 02:09 AM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam graves View Post
FlaPanthers: Coach Dineen: Jovanovski was maintenance day, Versteeg not likely to play this week, Kulikov and Upshall out a few more weeks.
Kulikov a 'few' more weeks?!

That is putting him back around the last week of March with 5-6 games to go in the season at best.

Was hoping he'd be back this week heading into the final playoff push.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 02:29 AM
Panthers are Red
Why so sad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Parker View Post
Kulikov a 'few' more weeks?!

That is putting him back around the last week of March with 5-6 games to go in the season at best.

Was hoping he'd be back this week heading into the final playoff push.
With his return date being pushed back closer and closer to the end of the season I am worrying that he could be a bit rusty when he does return. Could be a problem at such an important part of the season.

Panthers are Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:38 PM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
We probably havent missed him that much but it sounds like Bradley is unofficially done for this season. Per Harvey Fialkov's blog:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Dineen
"Given his history right now we feel its best he take some time off until hes 100 percent. We dont expect to see him any time in the forseeable future."
http://blogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports...or-season.html

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Erick

We need Kulikov back so much.

Our D is mediocre without him and it's beginning to really show.

Erick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:48 PM
WhalerPanther

Send a message via Yahoo to WhalerPanther
It certainly is. Strachan better be in the lineup. Flip a coin as to who sits between Jovo and Ellerby as they both suck

WhalerPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Erick

Not to mention Gudbranson who isn't much better.

Our bottom-pairing D-men have to be right up there with the worst in the league. Jovo has to be one of the worst defensemen in the NHL, idc what anybody says. He's literally not good at anything.

Old
03-08-2012, 08:54 PM
FlaPnthrsPunk
Our Time Will Come

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick View Post
We need Kulikov back so much.

Our D is mediocre without him and it's beginning to really show.
Indeed. We've been shutout four times over the past month and while I blame the offense obviously for not scoring, those shutouts haven't been low scoring because the defense can't keep up. Kulikov is now showing how big of an asset he is for us. Ellerby cannot even come close to a replacement. I just don't understand why Strachan isn't put in instead.

FlaPnthrsPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 08:59 PM
WhalerPanther

I will give Guds a pass because he has established a nice physical presence and is a rookie still. Granted the last few games have not been his best. I remember watching Pronger play in Hartford as an 18 year old rookie and he was god awful. He didn't turn out too bad now did he.

Old
03-08-2012, 09:03 PM
PanthersHockey1
Avs Bandwagon

Quote:

Our bottom-pairing D-men have to be right up there with the worst in the league. Jovo has to be one of the worst defensemen in the NHL, idc what anybody says. He's literally not good at anything.
that made me lol so true.

At this point strachan + Robak>>>Jovo + Ellerby.

i still cant argue with our defense and goaltending our GAA is a testament to that. Offense is where this team sucks so so badly.

PanthersHockey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:21 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhalerPanther View Post
I will give Guds a pass because he has established a nice physical presence and is a rookie still. Granted the last few games have not been his best. I remember watching Pronger play in Hartford as an 18 year old rookie and he was god awful. He didn't turn out too bad now did he.
I'm definitely not giving up on Guds at all. He's a big part of our core moving forward to future years. Just saying, at this point he's very inexperienced and still raw. He's not a guy you really want to be counting on heavily, at this point. He's a -21; +/- isn't the greatest stat, but when you're clearly the worst on your own team, it says you're definitely doing a lot more wrong than right.

He definitely has the tools to mature and be better though. It's been fun watching his shot even if he doesn't hit the net much with it; I'm guessing that'll come. His physical presence is obvious and he has had some good games, too. His passing is rather attrocious; that's something he really needs to work on, and has even admitted so, himself.

Old
03-08-2012, 09:24 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by panthersflames1 View Post
that made me lol so true.

At this point strachan + Robak>>>Jovo + Ellerby.

i still cant argue with our defense and goaltending our GAA is a testament to that. Offense is where this team sucks so so badly.
Yeah but our defense hasn't been that stellar either. We came into tonight middle of the pack in GAA (2.72) and that # obviously took a hit tonight.

Scoring is a problem but if you have trouble scoring, it gives more of a reason to establish a more consistent, defensive identity.

Lack of goal-scoring is lack of talent. Lack of defense usually has more to do with lack of effort or pure stupidity. The latter actually bothers me more, for whatever reason.

Old
03-08-2012, 09:28 PM
WhalerPanther

Very well said. This team had adopted the trap style very well and when the effort is there it shows because of all those one goal games we were in all year. Nights like tonight have happened far too often though. 2-1 hockey may be boring but it's usually effective more often then not for the Panthers. They have to play this way every night though because of the lack of offense.

Old
03-08-2012, 09:44 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Very well said. This team had adopted the trap style very well and when the effort is there it shows because of all those one goal games we were in all year. Nights like tonight have happened far too often though. 2-1 hockey may be boring but it's usually effective more often then not for the Panthers. They have to play this way every night though because of the lack of offense.
my how the times they change.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:47 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
I'm definitely not giving up on Guds at all. He's a big part of our core moving forward to future years. Just saying, at this point he's very inexperienced and still raw. He's not a guy you really want to be counting on heavily, at this point. He's a -21; +/- isn't the greatest stat, but when you're clearly the worst on your own team, it says you're definitely doing a lot more wrong than right.

He definitely has the tools to mature and be better though. It's been fun watching his shot even if he doesn't hit the net much with it; I'm guessing that'll come. His physical presence is obvious and he has had some good games, too. His passing is rather attrocious; that's something he really needs to work on, and has even admitted so, himself.
Guds > Jovo.

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-08-2012, 09:56 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
Guds > Jovo.
Reading & comprehension never hurt anyone.

Old
03-09-2012, 10:10 AM
adam graves
Panthers 17yr sth

Quote:
Love your avatar.

The one thing I love about this team over the past years is they dont choke. Coach doesnt put the vise on them when they have a lead, nor browbeat them when theyre losing 2-0 which iw why weve come back so many times. I dont cringe when we lead nor panic when we dont.

Very confident once we get through tonight the schedule will be hugely in our favor opponent wise and we will move forward.

adam graves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 11:58 AM
KWGoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
my how the times they change.
He's only been with us for a week.

KWGoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 12:52 PM
WhalerPanther

I was kind of wondering what DP meant by that as well KW. Oh well.

Old
03-09-2012, 12:54 PM
WhalerPanther

AG, yeah he did a great job creating the avatar. Really lke it. Agree that after tonight it gets better but the inconsistantcy of this team will have me on pins and needles up until the very last day I am sure.

Old
03-09-2012, 01:40 PM
zeroG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWGoon View Post
He's only been with us for a week.
i should've been more specific. thought the content of the post would be self-explanatory but it really wasn't. i was referring to the fact people are embracing the notion of a neutral zone trap. when the subject has come up in the past (and still, to some extent) in the context of coaches not named kevin dineen, it's a sign the game has passed said coach by yada yada yada. now, it seems, general sentiment around here has changed.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Coach Parker
Stanley Cup Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthers are Red View Post
With his return date being pushed back closer and closer to the end of the season I am worrying that he could be a bit rusty when he does return. Could be a problem at such an important part of the season.
Just getting him back healthy for the 19th should be the goal. Get him skating and playing on the ice for three weeks before playoffs. Anything less and you are correct in the sense that the rust could show in an important game and cost them in the standings.

Coach Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 03:30 PM
PBPantherfan
Here we go again

Quote:

I disagree. He falls down, takes stupid penalties, and keeps the puck in the defensive zone with bad clearing attempts better than anybody on the team. So you take that back.

PBPantherfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-09-2012, 03:31 PM
Erick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroG View Post
i should've been more specific. thought the content of the post would be self-explanatory but it really wasn't. i was referring to the fact people are embracing the notion of a neutral zone trap. when the subject has come up in the past (and still, to some extent) in the context of coaches not named kevin dineen, it's a sign the game has passed said coach by yada yada yada. now, it seems, general sentiment around here has changed.
I've never been against it.