HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

Bob

Old
01-22-2013, 06:43 AM
TheDrizzle81

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to TheDrizzle81
Bob

Flyers fan / new jackets fan (trying to be at least lol) here. Just wondering how Bobrovsky has been for you guys. I know it's only been 2 games but through camp and all how's he been. I loved him in Philly and I'm beyond disappointed that yet again Philly gave up on a promising young goalies his early in their career. Especially since we gave up on him for Bryzgalov. Bobs shortcomings in Philly weren't his fault, especially in his rookie season in the playoffs. Given time and stability I believe he will be solid for you.

TheDrizzle81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 07:22 AM
OldGoaltender

He is the reason we have 3 points. He has been fantastic. Very athletic, quick good with both hands. He does need to control his rebounds better but overall I'm impressed. Then again I was very excited when we got Bob.

OldGoaltender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:03 AM
InjuredChoker

Yeah he's been great so far. Just like at KHL.

I hope this pushes Mason as well.. too much to expect?

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:15 AM
alphafox

Flat out brilliant. Bob has been fantastic in every aspect of the 2 games thus far, areal stabilizing force in the crease. I actually am able to watch when the play is in our end without
the constant fear that a puck thrown toward the net will be a goal.

alphafox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:17 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

in Jf's house we prefer the nickname "Bobo".

A) Bobo! is fun to yell.

B) Reminds us of "Hey Booboo" (Yogi Bear's buddy)

C) "Honey BoBo" is also fun to yell.

But mostly...

D) Bobo is the name of those blow up clown punching bags with the sand in their bottom that keep popping up when you take a shot at them.

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:23 AM
BlueJacket2

He has played pretty well. As was stated he needs to work on his rebounds.

BlueJacket2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:25 AM
JACKETfan
Real Blue Jacketfan

Bobo

JACKETfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:31 AM
alphafox

Flat out brilliant. Bob has been fantastic in every aspect of the 2 games thus far, areal stabilizing force in the crease. I actually am able to watch when the play is in our end without
the constant fear that a puck thrown toward the net will be a goal.

alphafox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 08:40 AM
1857 Howitzer
******* Linesman

He has been very good. He is very quick in the crease and moves side to side real well. Only knocks I have on him is that he does give up some bad rebounds and is lucky that the D is there to bail him out. He is also a little scary when he handles the puck.

01-22-2013, 09:05 AM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
He has been very good. He is very quick in the crease and moves side to side real well. Only knocks I have on him is that he does give up some bad rebounds and is lucky that the D is there to bail him out. He is also a little scary when he handles the puck.
Pretty much how he was in Philly. Except in the playoffs no one bailed him out. I hope he gets a shutout lol. He's played so well in Philly and hope it continues there as well. Without boring you all I feel the flyers completely mishandled him (then again I'd start him when your next best option is Michael leighton) and ran him out of town too early. Really rooting for him to thrive with you guys.

Old
01-22-2013, 09:18 AM
Fro
Yes Cbus has hockey

needs the defense to play a bit better in front of him, but has been really good in 2 games so far...need to see more from him though...

Fro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:31 AM
CincyHatTrick

Send a message via AIM to CincyHatTrick
Its already been stated, but I am far less on pins/needles when he's in goal than when Mason was.

Clearly a young guy is going to have some growing pains, but I hope he puts together a real nice streak here.

...and keeps Mason on the pine :-X

CincyHatTrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:34 AM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHatTrick View Post
Its already been stated, but I am far less on pins/needles when he's in goal than when Mason was.

Clearly a young guy is going to have some growing pains, but I hope he puts together a real nice streak here.

...and keeps Mason on the pine :-X

I agree with your evaluation of Bob, but I think we'll see Mase either tomorrow or Thursday and, with the compressed schedule, we'll need him to play and play well.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:58 AM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1857 Howitzer View Post
Only knocks I have on him is that he does give up some bad rebounds
Glad someone else noticed. It was worse the first game.

My opinion of him is that he is making the saves he should be making. We haven't had that with Mason over the last couple of years.

I think he's been pretty good. I also think he was a bit lucky last night. I'm hopeful. We'll see what happens.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 11:27 AM
jackets4life
Battle On 2014!

vCash: 883
Only area of his game that is less than desirable is his rebound control, but other than that I love this guy! I think he'll eventually get better with that, but it has been obvious to me these first two games. He's the first goalie I've trusted here for a LONG time. If it wasn't for him, that first period would have been a blowout for the Wings. I'll take 3 GA on 42 shots any day of the week. Very solid. (.929)

I agree with what most of you have said, if our defense can get better in front of him and keep the puck out of our zone more often, he will emerge as one of the league's new stars imo.

jackets4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 12:30 PM
EspenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post

My opinion of him is that he is making the saves he should be making. We haven't had that with Mason over the last couple of years.

I think he's been pretty good. I also think he was a bit lucky last night. I'm hopeful. We'll see what happens.

3 posts on that pp and Datsyuk's crossbar in the shootout-anymore and it would have been very lucky He keeps up this play and we may have a real goalie.

EspenK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 02:57 PM
Nordique

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post

yes, the rebound I can vividly remember was vs Nashville, pretty much kicked it right back up the middle onto a Predator stick....it looked like a pass Luckily the Nashville player looked so stunned to have the puck on his stick that he didn't do much with it.

But Overall, he's been solid, with alot of help from the posts last night.

Nordique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:23 PM
CBJ All The Way
HFBoards Sponsor

Bob scarred the **** out of me when he let in a goal 20 tics in to the press game but since then he's been incredible

CBJ All The Way is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 03:28 PM
Crede777
Deputized

I am not used to seeing a goalie move as much as he does during games.

That and 42 shots allowed last night make me worried that he'll get burned out or injured.

I am also interested in seeing how he does a month or so from now. While there is film on him, I don't think Western NHL teams have seen him too much.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 04:29 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

It has been mentioned, both here and in the paper, that Bob is built more like a distance runner than a hockey player. He's very long and lean and, apparently, quite flexible. I am impressed, as well, with his quickness. As Jf has so graphically referenced, he bounces back up very quickly! So far, I like what I've read and seen of him. Hope it can be sustained over the long haul, just as I hope his presence drives Mason to better play, as well. We need them both in a packed schedule like this season.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 05:14 PM
TheDrizzle81

If you guys actually stick with him and not bail after a year he will round out. I'm sure of it. I know I'm gonna thinking back years from now and be pissed locked into that awful bryz deal while bob wins. It'll be fun to watch. Especially with all those kids coming up in the future.

Old
01-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Iron Balls McGinty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
If you guys actually stick with him and not bail after a year he will round out. I'm sure of it. I know I'm gonna thinking back years from now and be pissed locked into that awful bryz deal while bob wins. It'll be fun to watch. Especially with all those kids coming up in the future.
Its ok. I'm sure Bryz is a prime target for an amnesty buyout after the season.

Iron Balls McGinty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 06:02 PM
TheDrizzle81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Balls McGinty View Post
Its ok. I'm sure Bryz is a prime target for an amnesty buyout after the season.
We'll see this is Holmgren. I'd like to see the deal restructured. He's been solid this year. He's not why Philly is 0-2. I really wanna see how he handles adversity or a bad goal (he rebounded great from the Neal goal). I wouldn't mind a buyout but we have no one better in the system or could afford a number one. Pretty crappy situation. This is why you don't give away assets (like bob).

Old
01-22-2013, 07:10 PM
SuperGenius
For Duty & Humanity!

vCash: 1138
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDrizzle81 View Post
We'll see this is Holmgren. I'd like to see the deal restructured. He's been solid this year. He's not why Philly is 0-2. I really wanna see how he handles adversity or a bad goal (he rebounded great from the Neal goal). I wouldn't mind a buyout but we have no one better in the system or could afford a number one. Pretty crappy situation. This is why you don't give away assets (like bob).
Unless there's something in the new CBA different from the old one regarding terminating/restructuring contracts, I don't think that's an option. You're stuck with Bryz at either full price or without him at 2/3 the price of the remaining contract.

I imagine their best option would be to trade him, if they can find a partner. They would almost assuredly have to eat some of that salary though.

You're right though, the Flyers problems lie in their D and turnovers far more than in net.

SuperGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Crede777
Deputized

Yep. I've been hoping the Flyers turn it around because they're kind of like my second team (if I had one).

They can regularly beat the Pens, have Voracek, are fun to watch, and are geographically close but not close enough that fans invade our arena and throw stuff at us.

Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote