HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part X

Closed Thread

Old
03-02-2012, 07:09 PM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
That implies GMGM will be back.
Well, the deadline already did as well so...

Old
03-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Capitlols

Honestly, before the year I wondered what it would take for BB to get ousted. Now I wonder the same for GMGM.

Old
03-02-2012, 09:13 PM
ahimsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
One of my complaints of a few years back, George stocked the cupboard at the deadline and we had to rotate guys in. A guy like Scott Walker was scratched for the first 6 games of the playoffs, finally got a sweater in 7, and think he and Gordon were our best players at least to start that game then the TOI got lopped.

Some damn good vets will be sat for younger players and its not always for the best. I think its wise to not wait until a game 7 to try and make a move. Conversely, Alzner got into a game 7 and did fine. I wish he got a look sooner, including in that Pitt series when our 3LD could barely skate.

Point being dont be afraid to try a kid if a vet struggles, and vice versa. Waiting to game 7 to try something different has proven too late in what I have seen.
Me too. I still think if he'd been playing we'd have gotten past Pitt and Montreal. Just a gut feeling which I will believe in until the day I die. Getting Corvo (1 goal and 1 assist in 7 playoff games) at the Trade deadline and not bringing Alzner up from Hershey wasn't a winner. May be why GM did nothing this year?

March 3, 2010

"The Carolina Hurricanes have traded defenseman Joe Corvo to the Washington Capitals for Brian Pother and Oskar Osala and a second round pick, according to TSN.

Corvo has 12 points on the season in the 34 games he has played this season. Corvo is set to make $2.625 million against the cap and is an unrestricted free agent after this season."

Those were the days.

Old
03-03-2012, 07:34 AM
fsnoles98

After this debacle of a year, who do the Caps NOT bring back???????

Semin
Wideman
Hamrlik
Vokoun

???????????

Old
03-03-2012, 07:49 AM
BiPolar Caps
Emotionally Wounded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsnoles98 View Post

Semin
Wideman
Hamrlik
Vokoun

???????????
Sadly the team getting wins last weekend against inferior teams gave many of us a false sense of hope regarding the team's performance for the remainder of the season.

Had what happened last night, had happened a week earlier, just imagine what the TDL would have been like for the Caps.

GMGM or the next GM should try to do his best to move Hamrlik come the summer, just to free up the 3.5 salary if for nothing else. Wideman and TV can go along with Knuble. Still would like to see Semin return, but it has to be a Hemsky like salary of 5 mil for two years. I just don't see Semin signing with another NHL team. His only other option I would think would be the KHL.

Old
03-03-2012, 07:50 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:

Semin
Wideman
Hamrlik
Vokoun

???????????
Wideman by a wide margin. Especially for the money he'll be looking for. Him out of the lineup now would automatically improve the PP and the D. Look at who's been on for a ton of goals the last two weeks. Actually before too but he was doing a little more offensively to compensate for his ineptness.

Old
03-03-2012, 10:50 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Vokoun out with a lower body injury and the director of media relations is going to back up Neuvy against Philly? Fabulous.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...jqoR_blog.html

Old
03-03-2012, 10:54 AM
brs03
Coo coo ca cha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Vokoun out with a lower body injury and the director of media relations is going to back up Neuvy against Philly? Fabulous.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...jqoR_blog.html
He's backing him up in practice, which is something that happens all the time (basically whenever a goalie takes his option and they want two on the ice).

They'll call up Holtby if Vokoun's not healthy enough to backup tomorrow.

Old
03-03-2012, 10:57 AM
WetHog
Out to Lunch

Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by brs03 View Post
He's backing him up in practice, which is something that happens all the time (basically whenever a goalie takes his option and they want two on the ice).

They'll call up Holtby if Vokoun's not healthy enough to backup tomorrow.
Yeah that makes sense. There is my overreaction for today.

Old
03-03-2012, 07:51 PM
NeilYoung

Friedman said Vancouver sought out or 4 or 5 teams with possible Hodgson deals, Washington included and eventually ended up with Kassian

Old
03-03-2012, 07:57 PM
Capitlols

I'd imagine VAN asked for Brouwer and GMGM balked.

Old
03-03-2012, 07:59 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilYoung View Post
Friedman said Vancouver sought out or 4 or 5 teams with possible Hodgson deals, Washington included and eventually ended up with Kassian
I was about to come post the same thing. So what do we think the Caps were offering?

Old
03-03-2012, 08:01 PM
NeilYoung

Quote:
I would guess Carlson/Alzner

Old
03-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Capitlols

Quote:
VAN was looking for a physical forward and Brouwer's also a Vancouver native. Seems to make sense.

Kassian was probably more enticing.

Old
03-03-2012, 08:05 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
They ended up dealing him for Kassian. Those aren't in any way comparable players.

Old
03-03-2012, 08:07 PM
NeilYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
They ended up dealing him for Kassian. Those aren't in any way comparable players.
They dealt him to fill weaknesses of theres, young stud d-men is definitely that.

Old
03-03-2012, 08:14 PM
Millhaus

Quote:
They dealt him to fill weaknesses of theres, young stud d-men is definitely that.
Give me a friggin' break man. If you think they called the Sabres and asked for Kassian and called the Caps and asked for Alzner I don't know what to tell you.

There is a reason they dealt a non established NHLer for another non established NHLer...

Carolina was on Freidman's list. You think they asked for Skinner? I mean they don't have a 19 year old 30 goal scorer either...

Old
03-03-2012, 08:18 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millhaus View Post
Give me a friggin' break man. If you think they called the Sabres and asked for Kassian and called the Caps and asked for Alzner I don't know what to tell you.

There is a reason they dealt a non established NHLer for another non established NHLer...

Carolina was on Freidman's list. You think they asked for Skinner? I mean they don't have a 19 year old 30 goal scorer either...
I approve this message.

Old
03-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Langway
Proud Mediocrity

vCash: 301
Given the track record of interest something centered around Brouwer seems logical enough. Carolina doesn't really present a power winger option aside from Ruutu but as a rental or post-extension that doesn't make a ton of sense. Faulk could have been the target there, in which case something centered around Orlov is another possibility. Getting Gragnani as well from BUF, albeit risky, checks off both boxes for VAN.

Old
03-04-2012, 07:36 AM
fsnoles98

I seriously would like to see a house cleaning in the off season. We are no closer to a SC then we were 7 years ago.
My house cleaning is as follows:
Semin - inconsistent for the $$, Hamrlik - slow/pylon, Ward - see Semin (GMGM over spent), Aucion - career AHL playing on top line, Hendricks - should not be on one of the top 3 lines, Wideman - became terrible upon Green's return, Laich - do not move, just is not a center.

Just opinions, but this team needs re-tooled in a big way.

Old
03-04-2012, 08:32 AM
bonzaibondra12

Quote:
I seriously would like to see a house cleaning in the off season. We are no closer to a SC then we were 7 years ago.
Semin - inconsistent for the $$, Hamrlik - slow/pylon, Ward - see Semin (GMGM over spent), Aucion - career AHL playing on top line, Hendricks - should not be on one of the top 3 lines, Wideman - became terrible upon Green's return, Laich - do not move, just is not a center.

Money shouldn't be reasoning for getting rid of someone.

Getting UFAs will result in overpayment. Get Semin consistent NHL level linemates and he will be consistent.

That means move Laich to his wing and sign Grabovski with money saved from Wideman.

Old
03-04-2012, 09:51 AM
LetsGoBears

Quote:

Semin has been the most consistent Cap since Hunter took over. I wouldn't disagree with Ward and Hamerlik. Hendricks isn't overpaid area, but it seems like his time should be up. His play has been invisible for what seems like a couple months. The way some of you turned on Wideman is just amazing, but I guess expected how bi-polar some of this crowd is. LOL at anyone thinking Aucoin is any type of permanent "fix".

Old
03-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Brouwer is not in the same tier as Hodgson value-wise.

I'm guessing it was Brouwer and Orlov at least.

Old
03-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

The worst thing that could happen now is Backstrom on the ice too early. That's another way to **** up this club.

Old
03-06-2012, 01:50 PM
NeilYoung

From 30 thoughts:

6. Vancouver "targeted" a few clubs that had the kind of player it wanted in exchange. Obviously, Buffalo was one (and Kassian was very high on the list). I believe the others were Carolina, Washington, Florida and one more I can't nail down. Don't know what the Canucks wanted from the Hurricanes. But, almost certain they asked for Brandon Sutter (can't see it, GM Jim Rutherford loves him) and an educated guess is the wanted Capital was young defenceman John Carlson.

Earlier I suggested Vancouver probably wanted Carlson and everyone on here ripped me. Guess I wasn't that out there. I'm looking at you Millhaus.

Closed Thread