HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Odd man out?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-29-2012, 01:16 AM
  #1
jonrazor12
Palffy for President
 
jonrazor12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,031
vCash: 500
Odd man out?

Dustin Brown-Anze Kopitar-Justin Williams
Dwight King-Mike Richards-Jeff Carter
Dustin Penner-Jarret Stoll-Trevor Lewis
Brad Richardson-Colin Fraser-Jordan Nolan

Kyle Clifford
Kevin Westgarth


Above was tonight's lineup. Clifford will surely see more time in the lineup than on the bench. So he most likely takes Richardson's spot unless Penner goes back to his old self. But if Penner continues to play well, like he has the past two or three games, and Gagne returns, who is the odd man out? I really like how King has been playing. His size does not hurt either. Nolan has also been great. I might like him more than Clifford. So where does Gagne fit, and who sits, given his return?

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:20 AM
  #2
Roxo
Registered User
 
Roxo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Pearl Harbor, HI
Country: United States
Posts: 2,287
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Roxo
I would hate to be the team that plays us in the playoffs.. were big, skilled w/some speed and great D/Goaltending. Call me crazy But I hope we draw the Red Wings in the first round.

Roxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:21 AM
  #3
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14
 
CTKingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 2,374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
Dustin Brown-Anze Kopitar-Justin Williams
Dwight King-Mike Richards-Jeff Carter
Dustin Penner-Jarret Stoll-Trevor Lewis
Brad Richardson-Colin Fraser-Jordan Nolan

Kyle Clifford
Kevin Westgarth


Above was tonight's lineup. Clifford will surely see more time in the lineup than on the bench. So he most likely takes Richardson's spot unless Penner goes back to his old self. But if Penner continues to play well, like he has the past two or three games, and Gagne returns, who is the odd man out? I really like how King has been playing. His size does not hurt either. Nolan has also been great. I might like him more than Clifford. So where does Gagne fit, and who sits, given his return?


My guess it will be King. Although I'm not sure if he'll be sent back down he might just be rotated in for some games. Kind of a Clifford/Richardson/King rotation for the 4th line LW

CTKingsFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:30 AM
  #4
jonrazor12
Palffy for President
 
jonrazor12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
My guess it will be King. Although I'm not sure if he'll be sent back down he might just be rotated in for some games. Kind of a Clifford/Richardson/King rotation for the 4th line LW
If King continues to find chemistry with richards and carter then he should stay. What about moving Brown to RW and sitting Fraser.

Gagne-Kopitar-Williams
King-Richards-Carter
Penner-Stoll-Brown
Clifford/Richardson-Lewis-Nolan

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:37 AM
  #5
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff
 
Jason Lewis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,029
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
If King continues to find chemistry with richards and carter then he should stay. What about moving Brown to RW and sitting Fraser.

Gagne-Kopitar-Williams
King-Richards-Carter
Penner-Stoll-Brown
Clifford/Richardson-Lewis-Nolan
Why on gods good earth would you take Brown off the first line right now?

9 points in 5 games....


Brown - Kopitar - Williams
Gagne - Richards - Carter
King - Stoll - Lewis
Penner - Fraser - Nolan

Richardson
Clifford
Westgarth

Jason Lewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:39 AM
  #6
Sydor25
LA Kings
 
Sydor25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: North Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 21,828
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
I would go with:

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne-Richards-Carter
Penner-Stoll-Lewis
King-Fraser/Richardson-Nolan
Westgarth/Clifford

I like richardsons speed and he could work between the two giant rookies. Fraser could rotate. Clifford could rotate with King, but he needs to stop with the stupid penalties. That could kill a playoff series.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:43 AM
  #7
johnjm22
16,005
 
johnjm22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Barstow, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 8,427
vCash: 500
Penner, Richardson, King < Clifford

Wasn't Kyle pretty beast-like for us in the playoffs last year?

johnjm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:51 AM
  #8
jonrazor12
Palffy for President
 
jonrazor12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 1,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
Why on gods good earth would you take Brown off the first line right now?

9 points in 5 games....


Brown - Kopitar - Williams
Gagne - Richards - Carter
King - Stoll - Lewis
Penner - Fraser - Nolan

Richardson
Clifford
Westgarth
I love Brown, and he has been great over the last three games, but can you honestly say he has been 1st line material the previous 60 games? Besides, putting Brown on the 3rd line with a healthy and productive Gagne on the 1st line would significantly balance our scoring. But this is only IF Gagne is both healthy and can be effective.

jonrazor12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:55 AM
  #9
MollerManor
Registered User
 
MollerManor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 807
vCash: 500
Dustin Brown-Anze Kopitar-Justin Williams
Simon Gagne-Mike Richards-Jeff Carter
Dwight King-Jarret Stoll-Jordan Nolan
Kyle Clifford-Colin Fraser-Trevor Lewis

Dustin Penner
Brad Richardson
Kevin Westgarth


Reunite LA Flyers line once Gagne is back, reunite King & Nolan, and avoid Penner as he is not someone we should have confidence in come playoff time (aka last season disaster) and if Gagne isn't panning out then put king on 2nd line and richardson/penner back on third.

MollerManor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 02:55 AM
  #10
KingsKnight
Reclaimed the Crown
 
KingsKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,220
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MollerManor View Post
Dustin Brown-Anze Kopitar-Justin Williams
Simon Gagne-Mike Richards-Jeff Carter
Dwight King-Jarret Stoll-Jordan Nolan
Kyle Clifford-Colin Fraser-Trevor Lewis

Dustin Penner
Brad Richardson
Kevin Westgarth


Reunite LA Flyers line once Gagne is back, reunite King & Nolan, and avoid Penner as he is not someone we should have confidence in come playoff time (aka last season disaster) and if Gagne isn't panning out then put king on 2nd line and richardson/penner back on third.

That looks great. I hope that if we do get in we try out these line combos. I guess it all hinges on how Gagne feels in the next month.

KingsKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:16 PM
  #11
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 6,921
vCash: 500
I am anxious to see how it plays out for next year....

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne(granted he's healthy)-Richards-Carter
King-Loktionov-Lewis(can shift to C)
Clifford/Nolan-Richardson(can shift to LW too)-Westgarth

This is how it would play out if all the UFA's departed and Nolan/King stayed up and everyone played there natural position.

I really hope Nolan and King stick around, the size they bring reminds me of Handzus, Simmonds, Poni, etc....They are perfect for the playoffs and bring back our old identity...

I think King is the odd man out because he obviously needs to be in a top 6 role. Nolan is a bottom 6 forward. But if Gagne isn't healthy, then maybe they stick with King with Richards-Carter like he is now.

I would imagine the Kings might add someone as well too.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:24 PM
  #12
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room
 
KINGS17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 15,548
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I am anxious to see how it plays out for next year....

Brown-Kopitar-Williams
Gagne(granted he's healthy)-Richards-Carter
King-Loktionov-Lewis(can shift to C)
Clifford/Nolan-Richardson(can shift to LW too)-Westgarth

This is how it would play out if all the UFA's departed and Nolan/King stayed up and everyone played there natural position.

I really hope Nolan and King stick around, the size they bring reminds me of Handzus, Simmonds, Poni, etc....They are perfect for the playoffs and bring back our old identity...

I think King is the odd man out because he obviously needs to be in a top 6 role. Nolan is a bottom 6 forward. But if Gagne isn't healthy, then maybe they stick with King with Richards-Carter like he is now.

I would imagine the Kings might add someone as well too.
I agree. Nolan and King are decent skaters too, which is an improvement over where Handzus is at right now at the end of his career.

As far as who the odd man out is after Gagne gets back, I think it is going to be a case of play well and you stay in the lineup. Don't play well and you get a seat in the pressbox with no guarantees of getting back into the lineup right away.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 01:34 PM
  #13
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
I love Brown, and he has been great over the last three games, but can you honestly say he has been 1st line material the previous 60 games?
Ever heard of riding the hot hand?

Move him when he cools off. Right now, we haven't had a guy this hot since the first two weeks of the season.

As for who to sit, I think at this point you take a pool of Jordan Nolan, Colin Fraser, Trevor Lewis, Dustin Penner, Brad Richardson, Kevin Westgarth and dress three of them and tell them they stay in the line up until they have a bad game, at which time one of the other three who are sitting will dress.

They are all pretty interchangeable, but their success is a big part of us having success. If they have a bad game, sit them the next game and start sending messages.

That said, I'd start by dressing Nolan, Fraser and Penner from those three. Maybe Westgarth over Penner if you really want to send a message about work ethic = ice time.

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:28 PM
  #14
Mr Irreverent
Put me in coach!
 
Mr Irreverent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,277
vCash: 500
I love Clifford, but spending time in the minors wouldn't be the worst thing for him.

Maybe he was handed the keys a little too early.

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:35 PM
  #15
ShattStar03
Registered User
 
ShattStar03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Claremont, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,500
vCash: 500
Richardson gets my vote

ShattStar03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:42 PM
  #16
funky
Registered User
 
funky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Saskatoon, Sask
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,055
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
Richardson gets my vote
I second the motion

funky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:54 PM
  #17
Ollie Weeks
Registered User
 
Ollie Weeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sioux Lookout, NWO
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,706
vCash: 500
I think King is going to be our new Scott Parse, and I don't mean that in a slighting manner.

Ollie Weeks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 05:55 PM
  #18
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 6,921
vCash: 500
Would Clifford have to go through waivers to go to Manchester?

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 06:31 PM
  #19
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!
 
FrozenKing18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 5,814
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Would Clifford have to go through waivers to go to Manchester?
Nope

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 06:33 PM
  #20
TruKingFan
Two-Time Cup Winner
 
TruKingFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Beachfront
Country: United States
Posts: 289
vCash: 500
I just hope Gagne can come back healthy and motivated seeing Carter and Richards out there.

TruKingFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 06:41 PM
  #21
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 6,921
vCash: 500
It's a bummer for Clifford, he was a stud last year in the playoffs, but this year he doesn't look very good at all under either coach. Not throwing the big hits, barely fighting and barely winning, barely scoring, a lot of giveaways that cost us a few games.

I love the kid, but he's trying to do too much I think.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-29-2012, 06:53 PM
  #22
Dropdapuck
Registered User
 
Dropdapuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 65
vCash: 500
I like a King-Richards-Carter line better than a Gagne-Richards-Carter line as long as King maintains his level of play. His size and willingness to mix it up down low and in front of the net provides valuable space and zone possession for the skill guys. The third line I would try would be Gagne-XXX-Nolan with the center being the one who shows the most synergy at that point in time.

Dropdapuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 02:43 AM
  #23
OldGreatWestern
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonrazor12 View Post
If King continues to find chemistry with richards and carter then he should stay. What about moving Brown to RW and sitting Fraser.

Gagne-Kopitar-Williams
King-Richards-Carter
Penner-Stoll-Brown
Clifford/Richardson-Lewis-Nolan
I like this.

I don't really think it matters who Brown plays with. Brown just gets his goals. I think he also has the ability to stifle peoples creativity around him because he kind of just takes the puck and goes to the goal and is not interested in passing with his linemates. I think you give him his own line and get him away from Kopi.

For the 4th line I would go...
Clifford - Lewis - Nolan

OldGreatWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 06:24 AM
  #24
Monarchist
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 872
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGreatWestern View Post
Brown just gets his goals. I think he also has the ability to stifle peoples creativity around him because he kind of just takes the puck and goes to the goal and is not interested in passing with his linemates.
He's not really capable of passing with his linemates. And Williams isn't exactly the god of making slick passes either. Brown to Williams to Kopitar has two major points of failure. Much better for Brown to go to the net.

Monarchist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 10:49 AM
  #25
OldGreatWestern
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 350
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
He's not really capable of passing with his linemates. And Williams isn't exactly the god of making slick passes either. Brown to Williams to Kopitar has two major points of failure. Much better for Brown to go to the net.
I agree. My point is that Brown is kind of a one man show. I dont think his goal totals would be that different playing with Kopitar or Stoll. So you might as well put him with Stoll.

OldGreatWestern is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.