HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#63 KINGS v. PREDATORS, 2/27/12 ... 2-1 Loss

Old
02-27-2012, 10:23 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

vCash: 500
Holy fuark the post game player quotes are extra generic tonight.

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Winger23

I believe it's only the 4th time all year nashville has won while only scoring 2 goals. I understand that people say their defense is what wins them games, but they are only 9th in defense.

They win because unlike the Kings they know how to balance Offense with Defense. I think they are 10th in the league in offense, and also having the #1 PP in the league. The defense can then take over the game after they've scored a few to shut down the opponents.

They play a much, much different system that the Kings, one that the kings really need to adopt.

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

If we lose to Minnesota tomorrow I think its time to put our fail for Nail caps on, and hope this team plummets so far we get a decent pick.
Can't keep losing when the west is so close.

Docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:33 PM
HYORI 1963
Grit & Character

We have a good team on paper, but for some reason, we can't seem to produce out on the ice on consistent basis.

I still believe in this team and hope that we can put together a nice winning streak.

HYORI 1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Bandit
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Richards View Post
Oh please. I'm more than capable of hearing criticism of my favorite King, if you were familiar with my posting at all you'd know that's the case. Nobody gets a free pass.

Yes, MR was involved in creating Nashville's second goal. But while the rest of the Kings were busy floating around and waiting for the clock to run out, Mike Richards made an all-out dive, sacrificing his body with a PERFECT read to poke the puck away and gave us a few more jam chances as the clock ran out. If someone was able to jam the puck past Rinne, MR would be lauded by everyone here as a hero for creating those last opportunities.

It's those types of plays that can really make the difference for a team, regardless of his lack of production or involvement on the Nashville goal. You don't just get to ignore the good things he does because of a mistake or two.
Don't get me wrong, I love MR and would do that trade every time, and I'm glad he's here. At this point I've pretty much written this season off completely for all the Kings. I'm just saying that he made a big mistake in a more critical situation that potentially cost the Kings at least a point, and you can't ignore that.

Bandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:35 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
Don't get me wrong, I love MR and would do that trade every time, and I'm glad he's here. At this point I've pretty much written this season off completely for all the Kings. I'm just saying that he made a big mistake in a more critical situation that potentially cost the Kings at least a point, and you can't ignore that.
No, I'm not prepared to state that MR cost us a point in that game single handedly.

King Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:35 PM
Bandit
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger23 View Post
I believe it's only the 4th time all year nashville has won while only scoring 2 goals. I understand that people say their defense is what wins them games, but they are only 9th in defense.

They win because unlike the Kings they know how to balance Offense with Defense. I think they are 10th in the league in offense, and also having the #1 PP in the league. The defense can then take over the game after they've scored a few to shut down the opponents.

They play a much, much different system that the Kings, one that the kings really need to adopt.
The sad thing is that if the Kings were just 25th in offense, they'd probably be leading the pacific division right now.

Bandit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:39 PM
King RAZZ
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
You guys really are so predictable.

Blame a coach after a loss.

Again, I have no idea why I come into the PGTs after a loss. Must be the masochism in me.
THAT in itself is why some people remain Kings fans...myself included...

King RAZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:44 PM
gra
Custom User Title

vCash: 466
Hey Kings Fans

Coyotes fans coming in peace. Ill 1st say that I am shocked as all **** to see how things are in the standings as I had expected to LA to blow away the Pacific Division and give the likes of Boston, Pittsburgh, Detroit, and Vancouver a run for their money, not only to finish above the rest but also put in a serious cup run as well. Hell, a few weeks ago I was hoping the Coyotes would tank for the 1st overall and being at peace with a team at the time wasn't going to get in the playoffs in my eyes let alone come close to the 8th spot.
I have to ask though:

If the Coyotes relocate this year and Shane Doan decides he wants to stay closer to his Scottdale home as possible, do you see him as an important piece going forward to add or would you rather pass on him?

Best of luck the rest of the way!!!

gra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAZZIE King View Post
THAT in itself is why some people remain Kings fans...myself included...
I think anyone who is still around is in for the long haul.

If Sam McMaster, Nick Beverly, Dean Lombardi, Barry Melrose, Aki Berg, The 1993 Finals, Jamie Storr, Terry Murray, Craig Johnson, Erik Rasmussen, The Gretzky trade to Stl, The Burger King jerseys, Allison and Deadmarsh injuries, Thomas Hickey, Grant Fuhr, Kevin Stevens and Rinkside view didn't drive anyone away from this team nothing will.

I think it's safe to say all of us are in for the long haul. I just want a cup before I die.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:50 PM
King RAZZ
Los Cucarachas

Try the Maguire years... This could have been deemed cruel and unusual punishment to many Kings fans...

Old
02-27-2012, 10:51 PM
Capn Brown

I do believe it all comes down to not enough size on the 3rd & 4th lines. Was Gaustad really that expensive? What, we couldn't have shelled out our 1st in 2014 and Oscar Moller?

But it's a double wammy. Yes, the Kings failed to get Gaustad. However, the opponents of the Kings succeeded in getting Gaustad! Was Dean even thinking of this in his decision not to go all in? Sad!

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:53 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
I do believe it all comes down to not enough size on the 3rd & 4th lines. Was Gaustad really that expensive? What, we couldn't have shelled out our 1st in 2014 and Oscar Moller?

But it's a double wammy. Yes, the Kings failed to get Gaustad. However, the oppenents of the Kings succeeded in getting Gaustad! Was Dean even thinking of this in his decision not to go all in? Sad!
You wanted to give another first round pick for a UFA 3rd/4th line defensive center just to squeak into the playoffs? That sounds like a great idea!!

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Capn Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seventyx7 View Post
You wanted to give another first round pick for a UFA 3rd/4th line defensive center just to squeak into the playoffs? That sounds like a great idea!!
No, to SUCCEED in the playoffs! Now we have to play against him. Is THAT a great idea?

Capn Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:57 PM
Seventyx7
Carter Enthusiast

Quote:
No, to SUCCEED in the playoffs! Now we have to play against him. Is THAT a great idea?
Well you can't exactly get every guy so none of you conference opponents have anybody left to acquire.

If Gaustad ends up hurting us in the playoffs, I think we'll be happy we made it far enough to play Nashville and deal with it then.

Seventyx7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 10:57 PM
Live in the Now
Global Moderator
YNWA

Awards:
We aren't going to get to the playoffs. Trading for a guy just to get into the playoffs this season would be really asinine. And a third line center would not solve our problems.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:00 PM
King RAZZ
Los Cucarachas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I think anyone who is still around is in for the long haul.

If Sam McMaster, Nick Beverly, Dean Lombardi, Barry Melrose, Aki Berg, The 1993 Finals, Jamie Storr, Terry Murray, Craig Johnson, Erik Rasmussen, The Gretzky trade to Stl, The Burger King jerseys, Allison and Deadmarsh injuries, Thomas Hickey, Grant Fuhr, Kevin Stevens and Rinkside view didn't drive anyone away from this team nothing will.

I think it's safe to say all of us are in for the long haul. I just want a cup before I die.
I actually thought the Burger King jerseys were pretty good...just not good enough to have as an everyday jersey...

Could you imagine that it took six months for me to get somewhat comfortable of seeing the Chevy logo from the change away of the Forum Blue and Gold???

I still have hopes of Hickey making the roster though...and think the pick isn't a total disaster as many people believe... Only one small question remains with him...why the heck did he start to become injury prone AFTER we drafted him???

Old
02-27-2012, 11:00 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

Quote:
This team is not going to succeed in the playoffs this season. It's going to be very difficult to beat Detroit or Vancouver (who we will play if we get in) in a 7 game series, and adding Paul Gaustad at the expense of yet another #1 pick is just foolish.

Gaustad is a guy I would love to add this summer. He would be a massive upgrade at #3 center over Stoll.

The roster is pretty solid, just need a new system, new management team and new coaching staff that actually understands post lockout hockey. If we can get that this summer, plus add a player or two with the freed up money from Penner and Stoll we could be in excellent shape.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:03 PM
cheap77
Go Kings!

Someone needs to take this team out to DQ again.

cheap77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:07 PM
kingsdarkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Hey Kings Fans

Coyotes fans coming in peace. Ill 1st say that I am shocked as all **** to see how things are in the standings as I had expected to LA to blow away the Pacific Division and give the likes of Boston, Pittsburgh, Detroit, and Vancouver a run for their money, not only to finish above the rest but also put in a serious cup run as well. Hell, a few weeks ago I was hoping the Coyotes would tank for the 1st overall and being at peace with a team at the time wasn't going to get in the playoffs in my eyes let alone come close to the 8th spot.
I have to ask though:

If the Coyotes relocate this year and Shane Doan decides he wants to stay closer to his Scottdale home as possible, do you see him as an important piece going forward to add or would you rather pass on him?

Best of luck the rest of the way!!!

you get your ****ing ass out of this thread now!! just joking =P Honestly if the Kings or Coyotes make the playoffs I highly highly highly doubt either of them will make it past the first round. Teams like Vancouver, Detroit, and Nashville would ***** out cat fur and a crown in a 7 game series against either to.

Regarding Doan, He's welcome. I highly highly highly doubt he would come here, I bet he would go to the Sharks because he wants to play with guys like Joe, Patrick, and that roster. I just can't see Shane wanting to come here, although I wouldn't argue! Thanks for coming in peace.

kingsdarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:08 PM
ru4reals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
We're not going to make the playoffs. This team dug too many holes.

I accepted that a few weeks ago. Could have traded for Nash and I'd feel the same way. It's a hard fact but I'd be shocked if I'm wrong.

I'm thinking all about next year at this point. I want the top two lines to come around. If they do, we probably still won't make the playoffs, but it will bode well.
Well said! If we miss the playoffs I'm sure a new regime will replace Dean too. I think we need it.

ru4reals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:23 PM
TonySCV
3 in 5 > 3 in 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Tons of chances tonight, not much finish
That's the way it's been all season... except our playoff chances, which have never been as bleak as they are right now. 74% likelihood of NOT making the playoffs.

This team was supposed to SAIL in to the postseason this year. Total disappointment that there is a very good likelihood they won't even make the playoffs.

You know who may wind up being right? ****ing AHLERS with his prediction this season that the Kings would choke. Remember that? Remember how ridiculous that sounded? ****ing Nostradamus.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:30 PM
goosh
TwoForRoughing

Look guys, I'm just as mad as the rest of you about this season, but just put things into perspective. Today, we lost to the Preds, who were 9-0-2 in their last 11 at home, 2-1. Worse things can happen.

We have a big game tomorrow. That's one we should win. I'm not "happy" about the loss, because it's about the two points, but I thought we played well today, and I'm sticking behind that.

goosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:36 PM
Moses Doughty
Long term bandwagons

At least this time it was a good goalie, not some crap. On to Minny

Moses Doughty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2012, 11:39 PM
MollerManor

so pretty much we need to go 14-5 the rest of the way or better or its all over.

MollerManor is offline   Reply With Quote