HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Richards

Closed Thread

Old
02-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Johnny Utah

vCash: 500
It's not the points. It's the fact we gutted our future for the "now" and the "now" isn't good enough.

Lombardi's best pick besides Doughty is gone, an emerging power forward at the age of 23 who did everything the Kings wanted as well as a potential #2 center who is only 20.

How do you give up those two players after 2 playoff first round exits? How does Richards single handedly make a team that has made the playoffs only 2x in 8 years a Stanley Cup contender?

We gutted our future for an "idea" of a player. For the "idea" that he would put us over the time. It's clutch time right now and he is invisible and we might even miss the playoffs. So what was the point?

Like I said a million times, I would have rather kept those two, traded for Carter and allocated the money elsewhere this summer.

You would still have Kopitar, Brown, Williams, Carter, Schenn, Simmonds as the top 6. Not bad.

Old
02-29-2012, 07:51 PM
Nose of Sutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post
O boy Johnny

6-23-2011 Post number 396 Richards tread thread.

Johnny Utah:
I like how Lombardi refers to Richards as a "culture changer" like Kyle Clifford. Shows how much Clifford has meant to LA.

For me, a dude who loves gritty hockey...I am super stoked that we have guys like Brown, Richards, Clifford, Westgarth, Mitchell, Greene and possibly Clune on our team. It will not be fun to play LA next year...Simmonds was tough, but Richards can hit like a freight train. Other teams hated playing against Brown because of how he hits, now they have to worry about Richards...
end Quote...

Never type anything you don't want to come back and huant you.
I have more coming...

6-23-2011 Post number 303

Johnny Utah:
A lot of pressure on Schenn now, I loved Simmonds, he is a 15-20 goal scoring 2nd or 3rd liner, but to replace Richards, you need to be a top 10-15 NHL caliber player who can score, hit, fight and produce 60-80 points and produce in big games in the show....Schenn now has to prove he can come close to that, if he does then the Flyers win because they got that and Simmonds and a 2nd, if he can't, then it's gonna be rough for Flyers fans...
end Quote....

There is more...

Post * 310 is a Richards video highliting his career....posted by Johnny Utah.

Post number 312

Johnny Utah:

A lot of top NHL teams over the past decade or so have shown that it takes 2 top centerman to win the Cup....Sakic/Forsberg, Datysuk/Zetterberg, Crosby/Malkin, Lecavlier/Richards...etc....Hell, even the Stanley Cup final Canucks had Sedin/Kesler as the top 2 centerman, Boston would've had 3 with Savard, Kreji, Bergeron but Savard has been hurt....

Lombardi has mentioned this before in interviews....We all knew something like this would happen. I don't know if Brad Richards at his age and salary demands was what DL wanted.
end Quote....

There is more....

Overall I would say Johnny, you were not broken up about losing simme; till he put points in Philly, which everyone knew he would.
Haven't really kept up with this thread, but man this is classic
As far as Mike goes, he was our best player besides Quick until his concussion, he has slowly been getting back into form I think he will be back to form come playoff time, also now having Carter and Gagne coming back hopefully soon his offensive production will go back up.

Old
02-29-2012, 07:51 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I think a lot of people will be changing there tune on Richards if the Kings miss the playoffs and we end up watching Simmonds and Schenn in the playoffs plus the 2nd rounder we don't have come draft day.
I think you're wrong.

Old
02-29-2012, 07:52 PM
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Simmonds was one of our best offensive forwards when he was here. Despite that, Terry Murray would not give him PP time, and that's why he didn't put up better stats when he was here.

Total Even Strength Points Scored during the 09-10 and 10-11 Seasons:
Kopitar 96
Brown 81
Simmonds 69
Williams 66
Smyth 62
Stoll 53
Doughty 53
Handzus 49

*Mike Richards only scored 68 even strength points during the 09-10 & 10-11 seasons while getting more ice time than Simmonds.
That is an interesting stat.

Quote:
I think a lot of people will be changing there tune on Richards if the Kings miss the playoffs and we end up watching Simmonds and Schenn in the playoffs plus the 2nd rounder we don't have come draft day.
That 2nd round pick will end up playing for the Stars as Philly flipped it (along with Minnesota's 3rd round pick which they got in exchange for Darroll Powe's rights as a RFA) for Nicklas Grossman.

The Kings future may not be completely gutted though. Philadelphia did a similar thing and killed the farm system by trading a bunch of picks and prospects but then suddenly restocked when they moved Carter and Richards. LA could always move one or two of their current big players and quickly restock.

Old
02-29-2012, 07:54 PM
Duc620

I change my tune when I'm bored. Now I'm posting in A major.

Old
02-29-2012, 08:24 PM
Nex06

Quote:
I have a photogenic memory for those type of guys
I think everyone believes that one.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...genic%20memory

Old
02-29-2012, 08:30 PM
Johnny Utah

Ha, the girl from last night was a 9, sucka.

Old
02-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Duc620

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaygokings View Post
... I wish simmonds were here right now with 25 points so people could be complaining about how we never go after players like mike richards and jeff carter.
THIS!!

... then we could bithc about "how long we have to wait for potential to be real, man?!?!"

Old
02-29-2012, 09:20 PM
PSP
Couldn't Be Happier!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
It's a good time to point out that your act is really getting old.
It's really not an insignificant point. If the Kings sell every ticket to every home game, that would be 742,838 tickets total. Mike Richard's salary works out to $11.31 per ticket.

Old
02-29-2012, 09:27 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
It's really not an insignificant point. If the Kings sell every ticket to every home game, that would be 742,838 tickets total. Mike Richard's salary works out to $11.31 per ticket.
Now you want AEG to ice a cap floor team?

Why the obsession with money? Are you upset that AEG is still paying Murray too? They will have to pay Lombardi too, even when he is fired. How much per ticket is Murray costing AEG!

Old
02-29-2012, 09:49 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
This bores me.

I wish Simmonds were here right now with 25 points so people could be complaining about how we never go after players like Mike Richards and Jeff Carter.
Don't Despair!!

You've got Richards with his whopping 31 points (20 even strength points) which is pretty much the 25 points you wanted from Simmonds.

And don't forget, Mikey has 1 goal in his last 29 games and NONE in his last 19...he has become Matt Greene right before our very eyes!!

And lastly, Jeff Carter is doing his best Anson Carter imitation in his first 3 games as a King.

So you see, you really should be feeling pretty good all things considered.

Old
02-29-2012, 10:30 PM
gonnaneedsomewine

Hindsight is 20/20.

The Kings did give up a lot to get Mike Richards. But they also got one hell of a player. You can't just look at the point totals and make complete assessments of how that player has performed.

The Flyers style of play is the polar opposite to the way the Kings play. Expecting Richards to come in here and get 80 points, especially when you consider he's been playing with considerably less offensive talent than he did in Philly, is just not logical. You also have to factor in the concussion and the coaching change.

You need strength down the middle to make deep runs in the playoffs. Richards was the perfect pickup to be the #2 center behind Kopitar. He can impact a game in so many ways, he is a natural leader, and he elevates his game in the playoffs.

Richards' impact will be felt the most in the playoffs in a seven game series. Rather than Stoll being our #2 center against teams like the Sharks and Wings, we now have Richards. He elevates his game in a similar fashion to Henrik Zetterberg in the playoffs. I personally can't wait to watch him play like he did for Philly in the playoffs.

Old
02-29-2012, 10:38 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomd View Post
Don't Despair!!

You've got Richards with his whopping 31 points (20 even strength points) which is pretty much the 25 points you wanted from Simmonds.

And don't forget, Mikey has 1 goal in his last 29 games and NONE in his last 19...he has become Matt Greene right before our very eyes!!

And lastly, Jeff Carter is doing his best Anson Carter imitation in his first 3 games as a King.

So you see, you really should be feeling pretty good all things considered.
When I read your posts all I picture is this.

Be realistic please. Carter has played 3 games on a new team, and Richards is 2/3rds of the way through his first season. You're acting like Richards has been here 4 years and hasn't been productive.

Old
02-29-2012, 10:54 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
When I read your posts all I picture is this.

Be realistic please. Carter has played 3 games on a new team, and Richards is 2/3rds of the way through his first season. You're acting like Richards has been here 4 years and hasn't been productive.
So he gets a pass until his 4th season here? Why is this bum (Richards) so teflon coated? He is playing like cr@p and shows no leadership...why is he being defended????

Old
02-29-2012, 10:56 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Quote:
So he gets a pass until his 4th season here? Why is this bum (Richards) so teflon coated? He is playing like cr@p and shows no leadership...why is he being defended????
I don't even....

Old
02-29-2012, 10:57 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnaneedsomewine View Post
Hindsight is 20/20.

The Kings did give up a lot to get Mike Richards. But they also got one hell of a player. You can't just look at the point totals and make complete assessments of how that player has performed.

The Flyers style of play is the polar opposite to the way the Kings play. Expecting Richards to come in here and get 80 points, especially when you consider he's been playing with considerably less offensive talent than he did in Philly, is just not logical. You also have to factor in the concussion and the coaching change.

You need strength down the middle to make deep runs in the playoffs. Richards was the perfect pickup to be the #2 center behind Kopitar. He can impact a game in so many ways, he is a natural leader, and he elevates his game in the playoffs.

Richards' impact will be felt the most in the playoffs in a seven game series. Rather than Stoll being our #2 center against teams like the Sharks and Wings, we now have Richards. He elevates his game in a similar fashion to Henrik Zetterberg in the playoffs. I personally can't wait to watch him play like he did for Philly in the playoffs.
Two points:
1. NO ONE expected Richards to have 31 points at this point in the season and be on a 1 goal in 29 game and no goals in 19 games streaks. NO ONE. The fact that he is stinking up the place should merit some concern and - among the objective - some criticism. Maybe a lot of both.
2. If we have to wait until the 7th game of a playoff series to see the "real" Mike Richards then I'll pass. Shouldn't he be "elevating his game" in the midst of a playoff stretch? Especially now that he has his boyfriend to play with.

Old
02-29-2012, 11:00 PM
Tim Tebow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonnaneedsomewine View Post
He elevates his game in a similar fashion to Henrik Zetterberg in the playoffs.
Richards is usually good in the playoffs (not every year), but Zetterberg is head and shoulders better then Richards in the playoffs.

Old
02-29-2012, 11:13 PM
Jason Lewis
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Where in my post did I say he gets a free pass til year 4???? lol

Wow. I am done with you. lol no point.

Old
02-29-2012, 11:20 PM
ShattStar03

I'm having a hard time believing that we'll be more happier without the trade for Richards. If Simmonds were still on the team, he'd probably have the same stats as Clifford while Schenn would be pretty close to Loktionov, then we'll be suddenly *****ing about how this team isn't progressing enough.

Grass is always greener.

Old
02-29-2012, 11:27 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
That bum is the type of player that wins you championships. Just ask... You!

Old
02-29-2012, 11:28 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
That bum is the type of player that wins you championships. Just ask... You!
Not the LA version...he has been dreadful and you know it.

Old
02-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Not the LA version...he has been dreadful and you know it.
I haven't said otherwise have I? Although, dreadful is being a bit dramatic. And what makes you think Schenn/Simmonds wouldn't be when the entire team has been wildly inconsistent and not performing up to the level of play they've shown historically? That includes players that were on the team last year. Simmonds had a poor season last year too. But he'd have 20 goals this year no doubt.

Old
02-29-2012, 11:41 PM
tomd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddy The Elf View Post
I haven't said otherwise have I? Although, dreadful is being a bit dramatic. And what makes you think Schenn/Simmonds wouldn't be when the entire team has been wildly inconsistent and not performing up to the level of play they've shown historically? That includes players that were on the team last year. Simmonds had a poor season last year too. But he'd have 20 goals this year no doubt.
Thank you for finally being objective enough to say that Richards has been dreadful (or whatever term you want to use for awful / underperforming).

As to Schenn and Simmonds, I can only imagine what they might have done here. We'll never know. Certainly between the two of them they'd probably have more than 31 points and more than 1 goal in the last 29 games. But I speculate...

Old
02-29-2012, 11:52 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

Quote:
Thank you for finally being objective enough to say that Richards has been dreadful (or whatever term you want to use for awful / underperforming).

As to Schenn and Simmonds, I can only imagine what they might have done here. We'll never know. Certainly between the two of them they'd probably have more than 31 points and more than 1 goal in the last 29 games. But I speculate...
The whole team besides Quick have been underperforming. If Schenn and Simmonds were here we'd be reading about prospects and realized potential and how Lombardi doesn't have the balls to make a move for a player like Richards. I'm a disappointed as anyone about how this season has gone. I personally don't believe personnel is the problem. Is this team anyworse (in my opinion they are better) than a team like st Louis who I believe have missed the playoffs every year since the lockout? Singling out one player who you praised as a champion one year ago is comical to me. If you don't understand why, then I don't know what to tell you. Until you admit you were wrong then or you're are no being genuine now, enjoy your ride on the fence my friend.you'd be great as an American politician.

Old
02-29-2012, 11:53 PM
King Richards
Dry Island II

Quote:

So let me get this straight - you...

- Have a previous history of posting and admitting that Mike Richards is the type of player that wins you championships

- You ignore circumstances such as his injury, new teammates, horrible linemates, a new system, and decide that now 64 games later he is suddenly a worthless bum

- Declare a few posts up that he hasn't been a leader, despite obvious evidence to the contrary (including numerous quotes from his teammates indicating they have the highest respect for him)

All you have to cling on to is that he has 1 goal in his last 29 games.

From Nov 8 to Jan 8, Anze Kopitar had 3 goals in 28 games. 2 better than Richards' current streak. Are you willing to go on record saying that Kopitar is a bum and not a leader, as well? Or do you not have an axe to grind with him?

Closed Thread