HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stastny

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
02-26-2012, 03:29 PM
  #1
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,099
vCash: 500
Stastny

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/col120226.html

Florida and Toronto have the most interest, will he be moved tomorrow?

I see him getting moved, i'm pretty sure Tallon is showing big interest in him.

MillarWithASave is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:30 PM
  #2
TheStranger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,989
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/col120226.html

Florida and Toronto have the most interest, will he be moved tomorrow?

I see him getting moved, i'm pretty sure Tallon is showing big interest in him.
It would take a ton. Avs are not giving him away without improving NOW. Not later, so forget your big prospects being enough.

TheStranger is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:31 PM
  #3
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
It would take a ton. Avs are not giving him away without improving NOW. Not later, so forget your big prospects being enough.
Guess we will see. I think his value is a bit less than a lot of you think.

MillarWithASave is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:32 PM
  #4
Lonewolfe2015
Registered User
 
Lonewolfe2015's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 10,750
vCash: 239
Dater says he is untouchable... TFP says other teams want him.

I may hate Dater, but I'll take his word.

Ignoring the fact that article says we could move a defender who is injured before the deadline...

Lonewolfe2015 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:33 PM
  #5
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,526
vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
Guess we will see. I think his value is a bit less than a lot of you think.
Perhaps, but also a lot higher than a lot of Toronto fans seem to think.


Oh, and f

Avs44 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:33 PM
  #6
WTFMAN99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,421
vCash: 500
Grabo + conditional 2nd round pick (if he does not re-sign, although he will because he did state COL and TOR are the teams he likes most) + Schenn + 3rd?

WTFMAN99 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:34 PM
  #7
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank
 
KingWantsCup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 5,269
vCash: 50
Stastny has been discussed many times before and most believe it would take a hefty overpayment.

KingWantsCup is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:34 PM
  #8
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,526
vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Perhaps, but also a lot higher than a lot of Toronto fans seem to think.


Oh, and f
Lol, accidentally clicked "reply" anyways, don't bring up his contract. It does not bother us so you won't be getting a discount for it.

Avs44 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:35 PM
  #9
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct
 
TwoPadStack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,310
vCash: 50
Huberdeau, Kulikov, Bjugstad, and a 1st.

We'll throw in Hunwick and Porter for your playoff drive.

TwoPadStack is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:35 PM
  #10
Duchene2MacKinnon
BELIEVE
 
Duchene2MacKinnon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,311
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
Dater says he is untouchable... TFP says other teams want him.

I may hate Dater, but I'll take his word.

Ignoring the fact that article says we could move a defender who is injured before the deadline...
Dater also said the avs were going to trade Jack Johnson for Stastny last year. I don't take Dater's word serious in trade rumors.

Question for Panther fans, is Gudabranson available?

Duchene2MacKinnon is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:35 PM
  #11
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,080
vCash: 772
another one of these thread. I really don't think he's on the market at all.

HooliganX2 is online now  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:35 PM
  #12
TOML
Registered User
 
TOML's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Walnut Grove
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,535
vCash: 500
Darn, it's tfp again. No go.


TOML

TOML is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:35 PM
  #13
Freudian
Patty likes beef
 
Freudian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Country: Sweden
Posts: 28,487
vCash: 50
"Avs GM Greg Sherman and Leafs GM Brian Burke have been speaking fairly regularly recently, as Colorado has scouted several of Toronto's games this month."

"Meanwhile, the Avs could still move defenseman Ryan O'Byrne before the deadline."


Wild speculation is wild.

Freudian is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:35 PM
  #14
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Lol, accidentally clicked "reply" anyways, don't bring up his contract. It does not bother us so you won't be getting a discount for it.
Agree 100%. I'm not saying he will be going for a couple of scraps, but who knows.

MillarWithASave is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:36 PM
  #15
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,526
vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFMAN99 View Post
Grabo + conditional 2nd round pick (if he does not re-sign, although he will because he did state COL and TOR are the teams he likes most) + Schenn + 3rd?
Nice to see that you included Schenn+3rd unlike some people who think we'd do Grabo+conditional pick for Stastny but I still think the Avs say no.

Avs44 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:37 PM
  #16
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,701
vCash: 50
I think he would be amazingly perfect on the Jets.

It's just hard to imagine a package that would be good for both teams.

Sweech is online now  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:37 PM
  #17
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Nice to see that you included Schenn+3rd unlike some people who think we'd do Grabo+conditional pick for Stastny but I still think the Avs say no.
Garrison
Matthias
1st
Prospect (Not named Bjugstad or Huberdeau)

Still no?

MillarWithASave is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:37 PM
  #18
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,526
vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
I think he would be amazingly perfect on the Jets.

It's just hard to imagine a package that would be good for both teams.
Enstrom

Avs44 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:38 PM
  #19
TwoPadStack
Gross Misconduct
 
TwoPadStack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,310
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
I think he would be amazingly perfect on the Jets.

It's just hard to imagine a package that would be good for both teams.
I'd imagine something around Enstrom could be done.

TwoPadStack is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:39 PM
  #20
Steve Varmalov
And Then....
 
Steve Varmalov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Boulder
Country: United States
Posts: 1,788
vCash: 500
Cannot wait till the deadline pass so we no longer have to read 2+ Stastny threads each day

Steve Varmalov is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:39 PM
  #21
WTFMAN99
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,421
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Nice to see that you included Schenn+3rd unlike some people who think we'd do Grabo+conditional pick for Stastny but I still think the Avs say no.
Gotta deal quality for quality. I'm not sure what else I could do to enhance that deal. Grabovski would move to #2 centre allowing Duchene get the #1 role, and Schenn gives you guys an excellent young top 4 D-man for the youth movement. Plus a pick... Grabo is good for 50 points (he's had real cold wingers this year maybe a 60 point guy) and Schenn is pretty good.

WTFMAN99 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:39 PM
  #22
JoemAvs
Registered User
 
JoemAvs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Germany
Posts: 2,786
vCash: 250
That article is bogus.
Why would anyone trade for Obyrne when he is hurt?

And after Shermans comments he definitely does not want to sell
(and it wouldnt make sense anyways without our 1st).

So better be prepared to pay a pretty penny.
Not Grabs + Kadri or Garrison + Goc or other gems like that.

If Howson can get the rumored return for Nash and his contract, Stastny and his contract will get a good one as well.

JoemAvs is online now  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:41 PM
  #23
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,526
vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
Garrison
Matthias
1st
Prospect (Not named Bjugstad or Huberdeau)

Still no?
Don't really need Matthias. I think Garrison is going to be asking way to much so that scares me off. We could also just pursuer him in FA. The 1st is decent, but with Stastny it'd probably be in the 15-20 range. Without either of those prospects available we probably say no.


Guys I would target from Florida would be Gubrandson and Kulikov, but then you guys probably lose all interest.

Avs44 is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:43 PM
  #24
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,099
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Don't really need Matthias. I think Garrison is going to be asking way to much so that scares me off. We could also just pursuer him in FA. The 1st is decent, but with Stastny it'd probably be in the 15-20 range. Without either of those prospects available we probably say no.


Guys I would target from Florida would be Gubrandson and Kulikov, but then you guys probably lose all interest.
I can't see the Panthers trading Kuli for Stastny, unless we get something else in return.

MillarWithASave is offline  
Old
02-26-2012, 03:44 PM
  #25
Avs44
Registered User
 
Avs44's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 7,526
vCash: 3319
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFMAN99 View Post
Gotta deal quality for quality. I'm not sure what else I could do to enhance that deal. Grabovski would move to #2 centre allowing Duchene get the #1 role, and Schenn gives you guys an excellent young top 4 D-man for the youth movement. Plus a pick... Grabo is good for 50 points (he's had real cold wingers this year
maybe a 60 point guy) and Schenn is pretty good.
The thing is:
1) If we trade Stastny to To, why would we not ask for other pieces, then get Grabo in FA since he has expressed interest in coming here?
2) We don't need Grabo. Duchene is really struggling, but he'd still be our #1/#2 center next year. O'Reilly would guaranteed have the other spot. So Grabo would essentially be our 3rd line center? Seems a waste.

Avs44 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.