HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Chicago Blackhawks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who is going to be our 2nd line center next season?

Old
03-01-2012, 01:51 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Lounge View Post
I agree he has not been great at face-offs but I think he would for sure get much better at it as he goes due to his hand-eye coordination and intelligence. I also think another summer of getting stronger will help has well.

FYI I name changed.
BWC is that you??

couldnt handle the pressure of moderator anymore???

AmericanDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 02:22 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by BronYrAur View Post
What left does he need to do in juniors. He's better than a PPG guy there. His upside is 2nd-line C it looks like, might as well see what he can do in Rockford next season. After that, hopefully he's ready.
Pretty sure Saad and McNeil either have to stay in juniors or go to the NHL. Can't go to the AHL

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 02:37 PM
brtriad

Send a message via AIM to brtriad
Saad is a 92' and will be AHL eligible. McNeill will have to stick in juniors.

brtriad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 02:41 PM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtriad View Post
OMG!!!!!

The first time I saw somebody call Saad a "92" they didnt' have the apostrophe so I automatically assumed they assigned an arbitrary rating to him like it was an NHL videogame. Makes so much more sense now.

madgoat33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 02:47 PM
Illinihockey

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up

Illinihockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:26 PM
Hawks82

It should be Patrick Kane. I'm still trying to figure out why Q moved him in the first place.

The only thing that needs work are his face-off's.

Hawks82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:33 PM
Pez68
Fire Quenneville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks82 View Post
It should be Patrick Kane. I'm still trying to figure out why Q moved him in the first place.

The only thing that needs work are his face-off's.
Sure, if you give him a map to the defensive zone.... and make him watch Datsyuk videos for a month straight. Yeah, then Kane is fine as a center.

Pez68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 05:37 PM
Blackhawkswincup
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Kane played C and it didn't go so well

Had some nice moments and some terrible moments. He is capable of playing it in an emergency but it hurts Hawks to try to continue to force him to be what he is not

Hawks #2 C solution is not in organization IMO

I am not buying into Mcneill hype , I dont think much of Pirri and Kruger to me is a 3rd line C/W

Kevin Hayes also IMO tops out as a 3rd line type (Maybe a 2nd if he develops some more of his game at BC)

Blackhawkswincup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 06:02 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post
Had some nice moments and some terrible moments. He is capable of playing it in an emergency but it hurts Hawks to try to continue to force him to be what he is not

I am not buying into Mcneill hype , I dont think much of Pirri and Kruger to me is a 3rd line C/W

Kevin Hayes also IMO tops out as a 3rd line type (Maybe a 2nd if he develops some more of his game at BC)
Last night we saw the Patrick Kane that this team needs. The PK that scares the $hit out of the opps and keeps the puck away from them. Once again, I compare him to Denis Savard. Are there shortcomings defensively with Kane at center, and at the face-off circle, yes; but we need him playing exactly like that. With swagger!

BobbyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 06:38 PM
salty justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyJet View Post
Last night we saw the Patrick Kane that this team needs. The PK that scares the $hit out of the opps and keeps the puck away from them. Once again, I compare him to Denis Savard. Are there shortcomings defensively with Kane at center, and at the face-off circle, yes; but we need him playing exactly like that. With swagger!
I agree. Kane wasn't great in the circles but at least he could control the play in the offensive zone for the first 20 games of the year.

I'd like to see Sharp-Kane-Hayes/Bickell (or someone with muscle) get some time with Sharp taking the draws. Kane floating around the slot dishing the puck is when he's at his best.

salty justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 06:58 PM
LandofLincoln

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK Lounge View Post
I personally think the Hawks should have Kane play center and go after a talented winger in the offseason. Why not take a run a Semin on a 1-2 year deal. I believe that the following top two lines would be rather good.

Stalberg - Toews - Sharp
Semin - Kane - Hossa

I know I might get flamed for this but I think Semin could turn it around with the Hawks because playing with Kane and Hossa could utilize his talents. I know he has some bagage but how much of that is the situation he is in?

Also first time posting here but I look forward to discussing and arguing about our beloved Blackhawks.
Semin has not lived up to his contract in Washington... It doesn't mean he is not valuable. Yes I think he has 2nd line talent and can bounce back. I think a 2 year deal is the right length of term. Kane at center with for 1 year is fine. Pirri or McNeill don't need to be rushed.

I'm not sure what Semin will get. Let me say this I don't want him at 6 million a year. His salary and cap hit are 6.7 million for this year.

I think if the Hawks can get him at 5.5 million a year that it works. I would think 5.5- 6.0- 6.5 --3 years 18 million would be good risk on Semin.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2012, 07:31 PM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
though you are correct, I just want to point this out.

if Saad was drafted from the USHL and not the OHL, age would have no bearing on him turning pro or being sent to the AHL. any player drafted out of the USHL or College can turn pro whenever they like, the CHL has different rules.

just throwing that out there for those that dont know as it is a bit confusing sometimes with these different leagues.

Old
03-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Crazy_Ike
Cookin' with fire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salty justice View Post
I agree. Kane wasn't great in the circles but at least he could control the play in the offensive zone for the first 20 games of the year.
I'm just glad he was willing to try it out. As a center he as a lot more responsibility on the ice and he has clearly struggled at times trying to learn it.

However he is absolutely brutal at faceoffs and that is a major problem. You don't just instantly pick up how to do faceoffs on a weekend. He's mostly taking draws (when he does) against guys who have probably ten to twenty years of practice on him.

Crazy_Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:04 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ike View Post
I'm just glad he was willing to try it out. As a center he as a lot more responsibility on the ice and he has clearly struggled at times trying to learn it.

However he is absolutely brutal at faceoffs and that is a major problem. You don't just instantly pick up how to do faceoffs on a weekend. He's mostly taking draws (when he does) against guys who have probably ten to twenty years of practice on him.
I though he was drafted as a center and we converted him to RW?

Old
03-02-2012, 12:09 AM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgoat33 View Post
I though he was drafted as a center and we converted him to RW?
Nope.

Played RW in juniors and when he first got here.

Savard tried him at center for all of three shifts(?) in 2007, but that was all the time he's had at center since his peewee days before this year.

Sevanston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 12:37 AM
madgoat33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
Nope.

Played RW in juniors and when he first got here.

Savard tried him at center for all of three shifts(?) in 2007, but that was all the time he's had at center since his peewee days before this year.
ahhh

Old
03-02-2012, 02:14 AM
TweetyLeaf

Kane is hideous defensively when playing C. Even tho the points will come the D play is so horrific to watch that Q put him into wing again.

We cant have a line who can't defend, especially now that our defence is this bad anyway.

Offensively Kane would have nothing to worry about:

So there is your answer for the ppl who were trying to figure out why Q removed Kane from C.

TweetyLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 03:48 AM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhawkswincup View Post

I agree with this as it pertains to now for sure, could McNeill be a #2 center late on maybe. But that is later on down the road. The Hawks need a fit now and that isn't on this team now. They need to sign or make a move for anyone of the centers that could be had.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 06:32 AM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

I'm go with Krüger. He improved a lot and hasn't reached his ceiling

Quote:
The Kane we saw last night is the same Kane I was referring to yesterday in this thread. There is no reason that he can’t play center in this league and thrive.
you don't get it...

Kane wants to be a RW, not Center
Kane can't play like this for more than 10 games. He said it, Q said it

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 10:18 AM
AmericanDream
Puck You

Quote:
Originally Posted by TweetyLeaf View Post
Kane is hideous defensively when playing C. Even tho the points will come the D play is so horrific to watch that Q put him into wing again.

We cant have a line who can't defend, especially now that our defence is this bad anyway.

Offensively Kane would have nothing to worry about:

So there is your answer for the ppl who were trying to figure out why Q removed Kane from C.
I must have missed this from last game as Kane's backchecking and tenacious forechecking from the center slot is what lead to 2 goals for the Hawks. he is going to be out of position and try to roam from time to time, but I thought his defensive play was fine last game....did more away from the puck then Bolland did....thats for sure.

can he do that every game, doubtful, but I think every now and again Kane can be a solid center that is very sneaky defensively when backchecking players.

Old
03-02-2012, 11:46 AM
WarriorofTime

If the Hawks go into next season with Kruger as the 2nd line center I might do something I'll regret.

With the cap space the Hawks have there's no reason not to go after a guy like Mikhail Grabovski hard and offer him more than the Leafs or anyone else will.

WarriorofTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 06:20 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba88 View Post
I'm go with Krüger. He improved a lot and hasn't reached his ceiling

you don't get it...

Kane wants to be a RW, not Center
Kane can't play like this for more than 10 games. He said it, Q said it

Do you have a source for this claim?

I have not seen or heard Q or Kane make that statement, only heard it here as hearsay. I do agree however that Kane needs to be fully committed for him to meet the challenge as a full time center iceman. As for Kane's faceoff deficiency: that is no doubt a problem, but with his athleticism, I think he can bring that up to 50+ percent with a little practice and the experience of taking face-offs on a nightly basis.

And please give us a break on Kruger will you. I'm sick of him being handed jobs he doesn't deserve, or can't handle. This improvement every game, you keep claiming, is getting old. Yes, he scored on a nice deflection in the last game, and a key goal at that. He needs to show much more of that but as it stands now, he will need to be much better next season to be capable of filling our 2nd center position.

If Kane is not an option, then it goes to Sharp but I''d hate to lose any of the sniper in him, and I'm afraid that would be exactly what would happen.

Bottom line: We need a 2nd centerman, if Kane will not or cannot play there.

Last edited by BobbyJet: 03-02-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Old
03-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Sir Psycho T
More Cowbell!

Quote:
Do you a source for this claim?

I have not seen or heard Q or Kane make that statement, only heard it here as hearsay. I do agree however that Kane needs to be fully committed for him to meet the challenge as a full time center iceman. As for Kane's faceoff deficiency: that is no doubt a problem, but with his athleticism, I think he can bring that up to 50+ percent with a little practice and the experience of taking face-offs on a nightly basis.

And please give us a break on Kruger will you. I'm sick of him being handed jobs he doesn't deserve, or can't handle. This improvement every game, you keep claiming, is getting old. Yes, he scored on a nice deflection in the last game, and a key goal at that. He needs to show much more of that but as it stands now, he will need to be much better next season to be capable of filling our 2nd center position.

If Kane is not an option, then it goes to Sharp but I''d hate to lose any of the sniper in him, and I'm afraid that would be exactly what would happen.

Bottom line: We need a 2nd centerman, if Kane will not or cannot play there.
That's been the case for 2 years.

Sir Psycho T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2012, 06:28 PM
madgoat33

we should trade sharp for a center. He pk's alright and has a good shot but his passing and offensive awareness are absolutely ****. He gums up so many chances.

Old
03-02-2012, 06:39 PM
BobbyJet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Psycho T View Post
That's been the case for 2 years.
Someone needs to tell Stan ... or is it Rocky?

This entire month has reaked of Hawks again going cheapo! Make that 7 months.